- Nick Chinlund
- Bruce McGill
- J.T. Walsh
- Keith David & David Keith
- Brion James
- Al Leong
- Anthony De Longis
- Mykelti Williamson
- Tony Todd
- Kim Coates
Name: Carol Christine Hilaria Pounder
- Date of Birth: December 25, 1952
– From: Georgetown, British Guyana
– 5′ 7″ (1.70 m)
Notable Roles: - Brenda, Mama Harper, Judge Roseann Robin, Bertha, Lt. Victoria Hendrix, Agent Lucy Kazdin, Desdemona, Hollis Miller, Dr. Angela Hicks, Irene, Detective Margie Francis, Winnie Mandela, Amanda Waller, Captain Claudette Wyms, Sister Abigail, Moat
Career Hiccup(s): Cop Rock
- “This is me, giving you the finger!”
- “It is hard to fill a cup that is already full.”
- “What were you thinking? You’re gonna kill Superman and everyone else on the island!”
- “Bruce’s DNA was easy enough to obtain. He left it all over town.”
- “Al Capone made money by giving the people what they wanted. What people want these days is to make it to their cars without getting mugged. Come home from work and see their stereo is still there. Hear about some murder in the barrio, find out the next day the police caught the guy. If having all those things means some cop roughed up some spic or some nigger in the ghetto… well, as far as most people are concerned it’s don’t ask, don’t tell.”
Aretha Franklin has got absolutely nothing on the excellently-named CCH Pounder when it comes to respect. There’s a reason that she has played so many cops and authority figures: she commands respect on the screen. And she commands respect in Hollywood. A versatile actress with over 120 film and TV credits going back over 30 years. You’ve seen her in everything, from Avatar to Demon Knight, Face-Off, Warehouse 13, Law & Order: SVU, The Shield, ER to multiple incarnations of Amanda Waller in DC Universe properties and a plethora of other cartoons. Her voice is instantly recognizable and it, like her, of course, demands props. Pounder is a figure that you believe can either kick your ass when she’s onscreen, or better yet, can easily order someone else to kick your ass onscreen. She doesn’t play shrinking violets; she plays people that make people disappear, or make someone pay severely for making someone disappear. Either way, she’s an instant upgrade to any cast to which she’s added. Pounder is an apt name for this lady as she continually clubs us with her awesomeness.
So CCH Pounder, for having one of the best names in Hollywood, one of the best voices and best careers that we continue to enjoy, CHUD salutes you.
CCH Pounder Factoids
- Was born on a sugar plantation and went to a convent boarding school in Britain.
- The CCH are initials of three female relatives.
- Her Senegalese husband founded a museum in Dakar.
- Could start a law firm with Dick Pound and call it Pound & Pounder.