When Captain America throws his mighty shield,
All those who chose to oppose his shield must yield.
If he’s led to a fight and a duel is due,
Then the red and white and the blue’ll come through
When Captain America throws his mighty shield.
Yes. This is one I’ve been waiting for all my life. With that said, there’s no fear of my childhood being chloroformed and mistreated as it appears Joe Johnston and company have achieved the prerequisite qualifications vital to a Captain America movie:
- A well-cast Steve Rogers/Captain America.
- Nazis, including the Red Skull.
- A period setting.
Captain America: The First Avenger [Official Site] stars the delightful Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, and Tommy Lee Jones and tells the origin story of Marvel Comics’ most patriotic hero. If you are a Red Blooded American, it’s a moral imperative to be excited about this movie. Hell, if you have a pulse…
Only July 20th in the three cities below, we have partnered to bring you an early screening. One you’ll not want to miss. So, if you live in Atlanta or Charlotte or Raleigh follow the rules below, use the proper link, and you’ll be in the running to win a code for your own pass to the sneak preview!
1. Cap wears Red, White, and Blue and has a flag motif on his costume and shield. If you were a hero what colors would you choose and why? Warning: Georgia Bulldog motifs will be disqualified.
2. “Like” this article and send me a link to your FB page with proof! If you aren’t on Facebook, retweet it and send me that link. If you aren’t on either platform send me a photo of you sitting in your Model T.
3. Speaking of Twitter, I’m right here. I have very important things to say about candy and shrimp. Add me?
4. This is our old abandoned Cafepress site. If I were to restart it what kind of merchandise would entice you?
5. If you were made big and strong overnight how would you use your newfound gifts?