KING KANDY GALLOPS in front of his ARMY . . .

KING KANDY
Hold your ground – hold your ground! Sons of the Candy Cane Forest, of the Gumdrop Mountains, my brothers!

ANGLE ON: KING KANDY . . . he seems to fix each and every one of his GINGERBREAD MEN with his eyes.

I see in your frosting the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of candy fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered teeth, when the age of sweets comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good board, I bid you stand!

KING KANDY holds LOLLIPOP ALOFT!

Men of the Candy Land!

They RUSH at GLOPPY THE CHOCOLATE MONSTER

Don’t laugh- this could be the real thing. Screenwriters Glenn Berger and Jonathan Aibel are currently working on the Candy Land film adaptation, and they told EW that they plan on turning one of the simplest board games ever made into an epic.

“We envision it as The Lord of the Rings, but set in a world of candy. We don’t see it as a movie based on a board game, although it has characters from that world and takes the idea of people finding themselves in a world that happens to be made entirely of candy where there are huge battles going on. We are going for real comedy, real action, and real emotions at stake.”

Real emotions, like when someone jumped ahead of everyone on that goddamn Rainbow Trail and you just wanted to SMASH THE BOARD because of their luck.

Kevin Lima of Enchanted and A Goofy Movie will direct this important film. Universal Pictures has it and they actually seem to be going ahead with it, with hopes to get it out by 2013. At least at this rate it looks like it’ll beat Battleship and Monopoly to screens.