Posts by HunterTarantino

Here’s looking at you, Judas. You’ve got my full condolences.
The Martian is great. Ridley Scott's best movie since Thelma & Louise and the most upbeat, human film he's ever made.
Michael Keaton Boards Tom Ford's 'Casablanca' at WB (Exclusive)   Michael Keaton is the latest big name to come aboard Casablanca, the Tom Ford-directed remake that begins filming in early next year for a December 2019 release date. He joins an all-star cast that also includes Ryan Gosling, Vicky Krieps, Javier Bardem, and Chadwick Boseman. Keaton will play the chief antagonist, a variation on Heinrich Strasser, the Nazi commander played by Conrad Veidt in the 1942...
Everybody’s got a nice Ferrari. It’s a driving factor in this draft.
See, that's my hesitance with the show. Shane Black's original vision of Riggs, as Mel Gibson plays it, is one of the most realistic depictions of mental illness I've ever seen in a film. Those early scenes are heartbreaking. I constantly tell people how easily forgotten the first movie is regarding how the comic relief isn't a genre thing, it's catharsis.   It's not to say revising a character like that has to go the humorless Christopher Nolan route, but that's the...
Revisiting A History of Violence for the first time in several years, perhaps since it hit DVD. This is a great fucking movie, one of the best revenge/vigilante movies ever made. Better than all the Best Picture nominees that year. Mortensen and Bello robbed of nominations. I'd call it Cronenberg's masterpiece.   It's psychologically, narratively rich, but the beauty of it is the economy of the storytelling. The story is airtight, the dialogue is cool but direct. It...
Erix was telling me that Lennon is great as Leo. I heard there's no "okay, okay, okay," but from what I surmise, he's kind of a Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman type with flashy suits and billboards all over town.   In other words, the show is less remaking the show than it is like the Marvel Ultimate version of it.
If I wasn't moving, and ergo, had the constitution to buy more than I should be taking with me, I'd have grabbed that Australian Punisher Blu-ray. Silver Bullet is out from the same company in a region-free deluxe edition that I should get.   Nevertheless, I did get the new Silence of the Lambs Criterion. Beautiful set, waiting to watch it when my week gets a little less chaotic.
You'll be hearing a lot more about him on television for the next couple of weeks. Where he went to school, his nice mom, his pet dog, his old gym teacher. The body count, and how the cops really didn't have to kill 'em.   That's not a tweet about the mainstream media reacting to the Parkland shootings. It's a line John Cassavetes' character says at the end of Two-Minute Warning, a 40-year-old movie about a lone gunman who commits mass murder at a football game. It was a...
FYI, there's a great, shining Ugarte just waiting to get drafted that I hope someone nabs. I'm kicking myself for not thinking of this dude.