Posts by HunterTarantino

I won't link, but Jimmy Fallon is recycling his Springsteen gimmick tonight to sing... "Robert Mueller's Comin' to Town."   oh please let him be the next pervgate subject
I've begun the train for a big rewatch of Christmas movies for the month, even if they have a minor scene or connection to the holiday.   Started with a double feature of The French Connection and To Live and Die in L.A., which was timely after listening to The Friedkin Connection this summer. Both films are perfect. Not a wasted moment. Popeye Doyle is an all-time great character/performance, and the chase is the best classic one, but I think L.A. still has the edge on...
I'd swap Ghost in the Shell with Last Jedi and that will likely be the lineup. Dunkirk will be the ostensible prestige nominee.
His Trek love has been clear since the namedrop in True Romance. I see him not going full tilt with the material but doing something faithful to the show that still retains his coolness.   Honestly, MGM and Eon owe him his Bond movie.
Why hasn't one of these fucks gotten the Jimmy Hoffa treatment yet?
Tarantino may make a Star Trek movie.   what
Just caught Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri and... I don't know. The hype blew it out of the water. Excellent performances (McDormand with her best work since Fargo and Rockwell are guaranteed nominations, Harrelson is also excellent), but the flow of the story seemed a bit odd. I hated the ending, and I love how stuff like No Country ends.   Non-betting gentleman's prediction: Picture, Actress, Rockwell, Original Screenplay will all be Oscar nominations for...
Just fooled my mom into watching Get Out today.   "That was horrible! I thought it was a comedy!" "But it is a comedy! It's satire! It's getting Oscar talk!" "What were they doing? I thought it was a remake of Guess Who's Coming to Dinner." "Well, it kinda is."   I think The Sixth Sense was the last horror movie she watched.
Mitch McConnell's face looks like it fell in the cheese dip back in 1957.   Also, Lisa Murkowski looks so much like Meg Foster it's not even worth laughing over.
They were trying to con the American public so badly that they conned themselves.   If this is victory for the GOP, I can't wait to see what's next!