or Connect

Posts by BurnInHell

I take this as a straight up genre flick which is why I can forgive the lack of any real depth to the characters. It's a Horror movie made by the Director of one of the greatest Horror movies of the last decade or so. Yeah, I'm saying that Requiem for a Dream isn't just a masterpiece but a GREAT Horror movie that left me emotionally devastated more then any Horror movie I've seen since Se7en back in 1995. Black Swan isn't the masterpiece that some are claiming but it...

Ironically, I think Speed racer was a near masterpiece. No joke. Never expected to like that movie soo much as I care little for cars, despise race car driving, hate anime and fucking loathe the original TV show. But it won me over with it's exuberance, rich color palette and genuine heart.   Tron Legacy has NONE of that. The lead character is a generic fratboy douchebag, there's zero chemistry between him and his father, or any of the other characters, while the movie's...
Walter Hill could die tomorrow and he would STILL be a legend for The Warriors and Streets of Fire.  
I think the King/Malcolm X allegory gives the story more strength. Furthermore, you have to take into account that Erik Lehnsherr lived through the holocaust and feels that's what humanity has in store for mutants.
FINALLY got Cannibal Girls (1973) on Blu-ray. For a movie shot about 40 years ago, it looks pretty damn good considering the films budget. Little in the way of extras apart from a fun and informative 20 minute interview with Director Ivan Reitman and Producer Daniel Goldberg. There’s another interview with Eugene Levy, appropriately enough, in a butcher shop while Andrea Martin is M.I.A. There’s a short film that Reitman made while at McMaster University starring...
This movie was a gigantic steaming pile of explosive shit unloaded in my face. It's generic "Hero's journey" bullshit and the CGI used to de-age Bridges/create Clu was fucking wretched, like, "fucking ceiling cat of shitting cunt" levels of fucking horrible!!!   Fuck this movie.
I love that Lumet's last movie, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, was shot digitally. I think it's amazing that he embraced new technology at his age, although he did start off in TV, so it may have been like coming home for him.
NETWORK is the best movie of the 1970’s (Fail-Safe being one of the best of the 1960’s) and Sidney Lumet is the type of Director that doesn’t really exist anymore. Someone that I would call a “working class” Director. Never considered an “auteur”, Lumet has however crafted an incredible and solid body of work.   Lumet is someone who I’ve always considered to be the heir to classic old school Hollywood Director’s like Michael Curtiz, another cinematic workhorse who...
This is all soo fucking stupid.