Posts by COULD432

I played around for a couple hours with Monster Hunter. It looks good, and the game has massively streamlined a lot of the extraneous tasks that needed to be completed from my recollection of the brief time I spent with other games in the series. But the combat still feels, imo, fairly clunky and not all that enjoyable. It’s at, the very least, much more accessible than other entries in the franchise....but I am not sure I really have much interest in playing more. Sort...
I like Great Gatsby more than most, but I can’t fathom it getting a best picture nom now. If anything, it is less talked about today than it was then - and it wasn’t talked about much past its initial release.Jean Marc Valle is held in higher regard today, true, but I think DBC’s problematic portrayal of a transgender character would, even just these few years later, probably keep it out of the mix. At the very least, Jared Leto would not win for that performance...
Boss Baby was better than Lego Ninjago, which was fairly bland.I wouldn’t necessarily say The Boss Baby is a good movie, but it is surprisingly bizarre. There are several set pieces that I was totally baffled by the existence of, as if the movie was a fever dream. The movie probably doesn’t deserve an Oscar nom, but I didn’t hate it, and the actual quality of the animation is fairly strong.
I usually am pretty lukewarm on Del Toro’s films, but I loved Shape of Water. It just connected to me on an emotional level I did not expect.
Wait, the vote today only funded the government for 3 weeks. If no DACA vote comes to pass, couldn’t Dems just shut down the government again then? Only now, Chip is funded for 6 years, so Republicans can’t use the absurd/evil argument that Dems are making a choice between children and illegal immigrants. The Democrats could certainly fuck things up in a few weeks, but this deal doesn’t seem as disastrous as some are making it out to be right now.
It feels like disney just wants to dump Solo, so it would make sense to do that between the guaranteed successes of Infinity War and Incredibles 2 rather than highlight it at Christmas. Plus, Disney already has Mary Poppins scheduled for Christmas, which I think might do quite well in its own right.
Call Me By Your Name and Phantom Thread finally opened here, and I saw both, so I feel like I can finally make an informed list. 1. Phantom Thread 2. Shape of Water 3. Blade Runner 2049 4. Dunkirk 5. Get Out 6. Lost City of Z 7. mother! 8. A Ghost Story 9. The Florida Project 10. Ladybird 11. Faces, Places 12. Your Name 13. Logan 14. Good Time 15. Mudbound 16. Coco 17. The Last Jedi 18. The Big Sick 19. The Post 20. Columbus I would also like to list off a few films...
This is great, but it doesn’t realy reveal its full depth until the ending. It has the kind of ending that totally reframes the whole film. Might just be my favorite film of 2017.
My wife and I are about half way through the first season, and it’s fucking great. I get that the latter half of the show weighs down its reputation, but it really does deserve to be remembered alongside the TV greats like The Wire or Sopranos. The last episode even featured a surprisingly deft portrayal of a transgender character for a show made in 1994. The show manages to have a lot of humanity without, at least in its initial run, getting bogged down in schmaltz and...
It was patched about a week after launch.I agree with WD40, that I had many more issues with my PS3(s) than I had with the 360. But I haven’t had any real issues with either the PS4 or Xbox One.Also, all UHDs are region free - probably one of the best features of the standard is the abandonment or region coding.