Posts by Stew

Love. Eastwood plays against type a bit, but then again is very much in his element, Having seen this many years after seeing his more iconic roles, I think it's just another piece of evidence of how great an actor the guy really can be. The aforementioned diner scene is indeed one of the all-time greatest "Clint moments".
Double dips a convenient couple months before always raise major red flags. CR was one of my absolute favorites movies of this decade, but I swore off double dips a long time ago. So very rarely worth it. Forster doesn't inspire the way Campbell did, but predicting how these directors will do is like begging for egg on your face. I remember being really psyched to hear that the director of "Once Were Warriors" and "The Edge" was deigning to direct a Bond film. How...
Thanks to both of you. I'd actually heard several tracks of that album already, but not that one. Great song.
What is the song in the trailer?
Quote: Originally Posted by Phil I'd be fine with that. Part 3s tend not to go well lately. With the exception of the Bourne films, I'd be hard pressed to name any trilogy that didn't have one decidedly weak link. I think the trilogy idea, more than often just leads to bloated, padded movies dragging out a single storyline far past its usefulness. In the case of Bond, he's not going anywhere. Even if the rest of Craig's films suck, R gave the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quarant I just hope that I'd have gotten Miami Vice out of my head by the time PE rolls around Why? It's a great movie.
Great read. This is already my most anticipated film of next year. Like Beaks said, I think it is simply impossible that this movie wouldn't be great.
Quote: Originally Posted by General Zod Also the Pacino rumor is interesting, I hate the man like poison, but I like the idea of a Blofeld-like baddie showing up to fuck with Bond from movie to movie, Now Mr. Bond, you will die, hoooo ahhh!" *Edit* Did some looking, now I know what Pacino rumor we're talking about. Interesting idea. I love the guy, he's a phenomenal actor, but he doesn't exactly blend in.
Most of the suggestions for a post-Williams Spielberg composer have been good, especially, in my opinion, James Newton Howard and Michael Giacchino. Another name I would throw into the mix would be John Ottman, who is unlikely, but I think definitely tries to somewhat model himself on John Williams. He's not quite as full bore with the themes, but among today's crop, he is more predisposed to themes than most. He does well with varying genres, and is very brass and...
I usually go to bat for TND more than most. Brosnan is very much still Bond in it, and he's obviously more confident and comfortable than he was in GE, but not yet determined to salvage the movie on his own through the shear strength of his overacting like he was in TWINE and DAD. The "I'm just a professional doing a job" scene is one of the most "Bond-ian" scenes of the entire series. Also, very nice action sequences, especially the parking garage sequence and the...