Posts by Boone Daniels

To an extent though, the law doesn't care much about the morality of the religious right, which is why you're seeing things like "illegal campaign contribution" being talked about. 
Always go with the less obvious choice. 
I watched Big Chill again when it came out on Criterion, and I found it more resonant and rich than I expected. Yes, it's a SECAUCUS SEVEN knockoff and yes, it's got gauze over its eyes with regards to Boomer culture, but there's something about it that struck me, that resonates. I really don't like Lena Dunham for any number of reasons, but I love the thing she wrote for Criterion about how Big Chill acts as a way for millennials to understand their...
Really strong end to the third day. I'll have to look at my tally, but it's usually after day 3 when things get really interesting, with main pieces off the board. 
I think there are a lot of comparisons to be made between something like THE BREAKFAST CLUB and THE BIG CHILL, both of which capture a particular moment in life that make them somewhat timeless with regards to their themes and characters, but are also intrinsically tied to the cultural moment in which they were released - The Breakfast Club with regards to eighties youth culture (particularly as a document before the emergence of so many dominant cultural forces that...
*shakes head*   No. 
These fucking guys. 
Aside from Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, John Hughes does nothing for me.   Give me Fast Times at Ridgemont High any day of the week when it comes to eighties teen comedies.