Posts by Boone Daniels

+ Crucible - Jack and Rose  2 1984 THE BOUNTY John Fryer 3 1985 MY BEAUTIFUL LAUNDRETTE Johnny 3 1985 A ROOM WITH A VIEW Cecil Vyse 3 1986 NANOU Maxo 4 1988 THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING Tomas 3 1988 STARS AND BARS Henderson Dores 3 1989 EVERSMILE, NEW JERSEY Fergus O'Connell 3 1989 MY LEFT FOOT Christy Brown 6 1992 THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS Hawkeye (Nathaniel Poe) 5 1993 THE AGE OF INNOCENCE Newland Archer 3 1993 IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER Gerry Conlon 3 1996 THE...
Speaking of British period movies starring Gary Oldman, we don't talk nearly enough about TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY, whose pleasures are subtle and satisfying. 
I don't think Democrats are saying Franken should be banished from public life. I'm not hearing that at all. I think people are arguing that Senators, Democrat and Republican, should be held to a higher standard, and he hasn't met that standard. 
Tracy Letts has been enjoying a nice resurgence as one of those "that guys" who's always solid. 
 I just say what Wikipedia says, man. 
Reasor gets it. It's craven and kind of gross to think about, but Franken stepping down is the best move morally and for the good of the party, for reasons elucidated above.   And hell, if it does come out that this was a James O'Keefe style smear campaign*, then whoever's the current senator at the time resigns, and Franken is reappointed. Or not!    *ron howard: it won't
Bob Casey and Sherrod Brown both say Franken should go. 
Figured we could get this going in honor of PHANTOM THREAD and in tandem with the brackets.    3 1982 GANDHI Colin 3 1984 THE BOUNTY John Fryer 3 1985 MY BEAUTIFUL LAUNDRETTE Johnny 3 1985 A ROOM WITH A VIEW Cecil Vyse 3 1986 NANOU Maxo 3 1988 THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING Tomas 3 1988 STARS AND BARS Henderson Dores 3 1989 EVERSMILE, NEW JERSEY Fergus O'Connell 3 1989 MY LEFT FOOT Christy Brown 3 1992 THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS Hawkeye (Nathaniel Poe) 3 1993...
 The fact that there's been serious talk about Senator Keith Ellison, the first Muslim senator in history, indicates how blue that state is. It's gotten more purple in recent years, but still pretty blue. 
Did you see that list of Senators who said he should resign? Those are top Democrats.  Anyway: