Posts by Jmacq1

Yeah, I guess it's just drawing from the fascist playbook, which it seems the GOP has been more and more transparently cribbing from. That's an interesting point.  Were I of a more learned bent, I'd bet there's a pretty fascinating cultural study to be made about how this all seemed to become the zeitgeist during what was generally perceived as the last "good" decade America had, and in a time period where we had "defeated" our traditional enemy of nearly a half-century. 
So this thread (among other things) inspired me to do a rewatch, and I've hit Season 3, Episode 5 "Voices of Authority."   Admittedly, I was a barely out of high school kid without a lot of political awareness back when this episode first aired, but was the GOP already veering hard into the level of crazy we see today in the mid-late 90's, or was JMS just REALLY prescient about where they were going to head?  Because this "Political Officer" Julia Musante is practically...
Yep, if there's anything more valuable to the press than some semblance of truth, it's "access."   Sure, they could nail Sanders to the wall, rhetorically, and each time they do that, that person or outlet gets removed from the press pool.  One-by-one they're pushed out until the only people left reporting firsthand about the President are Breitbart, InfoWars, and FOX, and it suddenly becomes far, far easier for them to paint anyone else as "fake news" since "they...
I'm about at the point where I wonder if that's a deliberate fabrication designed to keep all those apathetic Democratic voters we've heard so much about in the last few days from turning up.
I dunno, Multiverse stuff could be fun in the Marvel U, especially if it leads to a Squadron Supreme movie that's a better Justice League movie than Justice League was.
IIRC there was in fact a story where Frank’s family came back, albeit I think they were clones or something. Frank ended up killing them himself, but it pretty much broke him and then Wolverine’s son killed him and he became Franken-Castle. Not joking on that last bit.
Thankfully it seems likely given the results of this past election that Stewart isn't going to win a Senate seat regardless. I'd hope that means the end of his political aspirations, but it won't be.  The guy's a Trumptard dickbag, and you know they'll be around for a decade or so more now. Still, it would please me that Stewart never rise higher than the County Supervisor position he held before seeking higher office.  Weirdly enough, he reallly wasn't bad at that job (it...
They definitely start from scratch with the possible exception of Deadpool (who is the only one that could totally get away with staying almost exactly the same and even make a joke of the ownership switch).  Hell, Deadpool's climax even took place on what looked to be a junked Helicarrier.    Not worried about Brolin playing two roles, especially when one is CGIed up.  Other actors have done that already with Marvel, and Thanos is probably done for the forseeable future...
Seems a bit of a generous reading.  "Considering" changing her vote is about as solid as "I'm deeply troubled."  If she were committing to "Yes God damn it my vote will change if my stuff isn't in there" then yeah...hardball.
Well that's just peachy.  This is really turning out to be a banner day for Trump and his followers.  At least it wasn't WaPo or NYT, but still.