or Connect

Posts by Cylon Baby

Just what the hell is going on around here?   Get the Gringo+1 Signs -1   1 Summer City (1977) 5 Mad Max (1979) 1 Tim (1979) 5 Gallipoli (1981) 11 Mad Max 2/The Road Warrior (1981) 1 Attack Force Z (1982) 8 The Year of Living Dangerously (1982) 6 The Bounty (1984) 3 The River (1984) 1 Mrs. Soffel (1984) 3 Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985) 11 Lethal Weapon (1987) 4 Tequila Sunrise (1988) 11 Lethal Weapon 2 (1989) 5 Hamlet (1990) 2 The Man Without a Face...
I bet SPOILER  [[SPOILER]]  SPOILER
Anyone want to take bets on when Cameron gets a Restraining Order against cccc? (I kid).   Cameron is so frustrating because, like Lucas, he invests so much of himself in the technical aspects of film making, and so little in creating a story. That can serve him well in films like Terminator, where the story is simple (but even there, the world building is evident from throw away lines and references) and Avatar, where the intent is to introduce us to a new world via...
For some reason I listen to Episodes 35 & 36 a LOT, mostly because Steve spazzes out on having seen Twilight and the Star Trek 09 trailer, and the subsequent ribbing he got from Justin and Nick.   My one general complaint about the CHUD podcasts: not enough Star Trek discussion.   And Nick if you're tight with Del Toro why not get him on the show?
Saw the trailer for Brad Pitt Tank Movie while waiting for Dawn of the Rise of the Planet of the Apes a week or so ago.   Looks pretty good if generic: CHUD favorite Shia LeBoef is a Milquetoast New Recruit who joins Pitt's Tank Crew and is like "Ehhhhh I didn't join World War II to KILL people!" and Brad Pitt's all "Yew gots to KILL KILL KILL!" and "I ben kllin' Germans in Africa and now I'm a killin' Germans in Germany!".   There is also Male Bonding in this movie,...
Sure they do. He's the guy who plays Gollum and Caesar. Would they be able to spot him walking down the street? No. But they know his name and that he's the star of the Apes films, much more so than the non-MoCap actors.
Holy shit.
I wonder if the midichlorians thing can be retconned into being a blind alley that the Jedi went down. Yoda's description of The Force in ESB is much more profound and powerful than midichlorians.
I look at Jason Statham, who has carved a niche for himself as an Ass Kicker like van Damme and Seagal. He (mostly) makes a specific type of film, sometimes with a little quirk or twist, but mostly you know what you are going to get when you see a Statham movie. And while he hasn't (I don't think) had a major hit, his films are steady earners.
  ooo that's a good pick! I actually think Serkis IS a draw now; he's marketed as the actor behind Gollum and King Kong, and a lot of the marketing around Rise and Dawn of the Apes revolved around him.