or Connect

Posts by Cylon Baby

An aspect of this that's gone under-reported (but not ignored) is that Ferguson has  long been a place with racial tensions, tensions between cops and the community, and economic tensions.   This didn't happen in a vacuum: I suspect that cop had many unpleasant experiences in that community that "primed" him to murder that kid (yes I believe that is what happened). What's also obvious is that he and the other Ferguson PD either didn't get any training at all or were...
  If the Grand Jury made it's decision to assuage the protestors outside the police station, would that be a more just outcome? My point is that I prefer imperfect to dysfunctional rule of law over mob rule. And today Social Media is part of Mob Rule. My comment about the photo was to show one example that's part of a pattern, the shaping of these news stories to fit the agendas of different groups. If that was my kid who was shot, you'd bet I'd do everything I could to...
  If that cop had shot Cosby he's be a hero!
  It's not tit for tat. Innocents have seen their lives set back at best, ruined at worst, for living in the wrong neighborhood. What message do you think that sends?
  "Hell's Bedroom" Ambler? No, that would be Syria, where ISIL is lining people up and shooting them, 50 at a time, beheading Journalists because they are US or UK Nationals, and abducting and raping women en masse. That's a hell of a lot different from Black people not getting good jobs or even having to deal with racist police. But I do get what your saying. When the Voting Rights Act passed and the Cities erupted in race riots, it was because 1) there was a backlash...
  Yeah it's not that simple. For one thing, a lot of those business owners are Black, so they get the double whammy of enduring racism AND getting their stores looted/firebombed. And you clearly have never run a business or dealt with an insurance claim. Yeah those business owners will get paid....maybe. Someday. If they have riot insurance. And if, for example, you are trying to run a restaurant in a depressed neighborhood, you won't have the ability to hold out until the...
What I hate is that, watching the news coverage of this announcement, it's obvious (and is being pointed out) that the crowds in front of the Police Station and those in front of the Court house are split along racial lines.   I also hate that it's likely that all the local business people in the town are fucked.
Goddess Freeman. God you guys....
No Shaun he's also got to be a Cyborg!   God knows who they'll get to direct the Hawkman movie.
But the Internet already tried this case! What's all this Grand Jury bullshit?!