or Connect

Posts by MrTyres

I use firefox as well, and I have had no problems streaming. It is smooth for me.
 To side track for a second, honestly, as a school teacher, this pisses me off to no end. You have the technology, often in hand, as you are reading, and you can't look up that 3 syllable word or odd allusion? Lazy sons of bitches. But yeah, losing BB King soon, and Ben E. King this past week is kinda rough. I love both.
Spoils Spoils Spoils Spoils Spoils Spoils Spoils Spoils Spoils Spoils Spoils Spoils Spoils I completely get that they are destabilizing, but so far we haven't seen them in the books do the things you are talking about. Even 200 years ago when they were finally put down and abolished, it wasn't because they declared war on the old gods, it was because they declared war on the crown. The show has made them jackboots and brown shirts very quickly. And for all the...
Spoils spoils spoils spoils spoils spoils spoils I have issues with the use of the faith militants here. With Darth Vader like music and their stance on homosexuality, the Sword and Stars come across as the villains of the piece. I think the book makes them much more as a force of good to counter balance the excesses of the ruling classes. Basically, we are tainting the High Sparrow by tacking this anti gay subplot to him.
Spoils! Spoils! Spoils! Spoils! Spoils! Spoils! Spoils! Spoils!Spoils!Spoils! Spoils! Spoils! Spoils! Spoils!Spoils! Spoils!Spoils!  Spoils! Spoils! Spoils! Spoils!   Not Ser Barristan the Bold! You bastards!   I get what they are doing, by slimming down plot lines and characters. The previews for next week just make the Jorah theft a bit better, I think, but not Ser Selmy!
I enjoyed it. After watching Community, I was still grading papers, so I clicked on it and watched the first three episodes. Just getting a tinge of Joel and Trace is enough for me to sit back and enjoy, but the captain and first officer being siblings plays well, and the science officer wierdness just adds that dash of spice for me.
So... is this a pre-release thread or the post release thread?  I ask this question sincerely, because I am normally not a fan of reading 3000 posts of supposition, vague rage, and leaked information (See Star Wars Episode 7 Thread for the ultimate 10k posts of my examples) or worse, read those 3000 posts to finally get to the point where people have actually seen the thing.  It's a terrible waste of a great thread title if this is going to be the pre-release, or way too...
So, for International Game Day, my friends and I went crazy. We have bought a number of games among us. What we have played so far:   Castles of Mad King Ludwig. A great game with interesting pieces and a varied board. You initial cards and changing goals means lots of repeat fun.   Next, we played Lewis and Clark. It is half worker placement / half card hand management with a racing element. It is lots of fun, and based on the actual people who helped or hindered...
 Yeah... I think half the problem with local politicians, especially in states with a part time legislation, is that the only people who have time to run for the General Assembly are the looney toons, and with elections being decided by less than 5000 people in most districts, they are elected by their friends. Basically, I lookforward to our Lizard overlords.
I guess I expected the racism to be more closeted. I mean, the racial implications of debutante balls has long been discussed publicly, at about the same time as most the country clubs started opening membership. As a non-fraternity, non-society white guy, I had assumed this stuff had stopped, or if it hadn't, it was mostly done in Mississippi, where they still segregate proms.