or Connect

Posts by MrTyres

Wait... was I supposed to do more than buy the Member's Only jacket? Is there a form or initiation?
 It really was. At some point during the episode, I kept thinking: "We deserve to lose. This is the shit that keeps the rest of us down." My parents and grandparents are staunch anti-union, and rib me all the time about my membership. And all the abuses that get hurled at my union, well, some of them are deserved. What the defenders of unions don't understand is how easy it is to vilify us when the unions defend the undefendable. What attackers of unions don't see is how...
 I was listening to This American Life's NUMMI 2015, and in it, they talk about the change American auto factories, with GM in particular, tried to accomplish in the 80s and 90s, only to fail. There is a unionized auto employee that basically said that "Japanese management and team work production techniques turned employees on each other. For the first time, people were telling management that so and so weren't doing their job. And the Union wasn't supporting those people...
I cannot run one anytime soon. I can run probably run one during the first two weeks of October. Work is kicking my behind this year.   I love the idea of Clue, The Thing for Halloween. I am also down for Blade Runner or Princess Bride.    I am not for three-a-days or Dune.   Would be for a two a day draft of my Dinner with Andre.
I just received my copy of Exploding Kittens and it is amazing.     That is just a taste of the gloriousness that is the main deck.  Then I cracked open the NSFW deck. One side, not terrible at all. The other... yeah, its better left till the first time it appears in your hand.  Best card to me? Maybe because I am insane...  
As a member of the CHUD Down with Love Fanclub, Reed has used those same kind of quick cuts, snappy dialogue, and interesting scene compositions before. His 60's Fantastic Four would have been amazing.
The better question would probably be "The deaths in routine traffic stops have been happening the entire time and we are just now hearing to what extant. How do we stop it?" I don't think there is a sudden rise, just better reporting. It's a terrible analogy, but this is like when you buy a new car. You never saw your car on the street before, but damned if you don't start seeing the same model everywhere.
For every good it seems to have done, it has unleashed a thousand unneeded controversies and teapot tempests. I cannot be convinced that any "conversation" had on twitter is true conversation, or at least a dialogue that raises both the content, context, and level of discourse. The level of chaff to wheat is so high, and for every good tweet, there are, hyperbolically but still true, tens of thousands of narcissistic, misanthropic, or faux rage tweets, retweets, and...
 If Christie just redid the entire bear fucker joke from Supertroopers, I would vote for him.