or Connect

Posts by MrTyres

I enjoyed Lost City of Z, even if it ended with a whimper compared to the historical stories he told before that. It is one of those novels that makes me long for a time machine though so I could see the wooden city of grandeur that Z may have been. That book turned me on to two books about Teddy Roosevelt's Amazonian adventure and near death after his presidency. Say what you will about TR's politics, but the man was an adventurer.  It would be like forming a Mars colony...
  Are you saying that Man of Steel causes this?     
I think what he means  is that it is easy to capture the idea of the Flash rather than the Green Lantern.   Flash: He runs really fast!   Green Lantern: He is recruited by a UN like intergalatic police force and then given a ring that lets him do anything within his will to keep the Earth safe. As long as the object isn't yellow or wood.   Basically, you can give the Flash his running powers however you want and then launch a story against corporate greed or polar...
 Oh, no, the kid and Golding are both right. I mean, hell, look at the internet or CHUD itself. It's all lost souls with Jacks and Ralphs and Rogers and Piggys and Simons. Occasionally, we slaughter our pig of a film, sticking our sharpened criticisms right up its ass. We create monsters from the broken corpses of our former members, whose spectre is animated by the winds of our words against the parachutes of their former reviews-- a boogeyman we use to intimidate each...
I think Raashad's was the best, but he hid some of the greatness by putting the vest over the Venus Fly trap chest and that terrible wig.  For once, I really liked Niko's. What saved George was the range of movement in the actor's facemask. They were about to pound him, but once the actor made that large face, they came away more impressed. George's problem (besides sausage fingers) was the same as Raashad's: hiding great work behind terrible clothing. It kind of makes me...
 Any time we misspell Bradito's name, I think that maybe he is actually Marlon Brando, a Brando who was saved shortly after 1981 into a bank of computers as doctors tried to save his body. The doctors thought they had succeeded, but during the reintergration process they inadverdantly just made a copy. Someone finally transferred all that reel to reel to a hard drive and accidently connected it to the internet. For the past couple of years, Brandito has been regaling us...
A yeoman's job, Bailey. It gets better from here on out. Plus I love the titles.
Problems you IT guys don't have:   I am tutoring a struggling student who is reading Lord of the Flies for another teacher.  The little boy with the portwine stain on his face has died.  The student asks me "Why is everyone so young? Everyone's like twelve or in kindergarten. And why are there no girls on this island? I'd read more if there were girls."   So, I explain to him that William Golding is more concerned about how we govern ourselves when we lack outside...
SPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON This is the very argument I made to my reader friends. This is what I think happens, especially since you good people here made me question the Hound's "death" a while back.
 Couldn't we have recast with the Haitian from Heroes, Jimmy Jean-Louis? They look nothing alike, but both play characters that are named the Haitian.