or Connect

Posts by MrTyres

She actively said in the press before the Oscars that she refused to advertise or play the Oscar game. Then she started her Oscar speech by thanking the Academy for awarding performance and not politicking, implying that they often reward Hollywood political game players. Then she thanked Hattie McDaniels, Tyler Perry, Oprah, and her husband for telling her to do "what is right, not what is popular." It's not like she Kanye'd the Oscars, but she also didn't charm anyone...
 Wait... she carried that show and won the Oscar before her perceived stunt at the Oscars. The blackballing has been since that event. That is what she is complaining about. You are more than welcome to not campaign for the Oscars, and you are more than welcome to question the Oscars voting system, but don't expect the system to keep asking you to play their games. You can fight the man and work outside that system. But it won't be easy and it won't pay that well.
Well, Fat Charlie is supposed to be pudgy (but not so much that when he stops being Fat Charlie he doesn't look pudgy. In my head, I am seeing Black Jason Segel type), and Spyder is sexy LA slim. I think they should do it with two actors.   Wrong Thread, but eh..   Elba as Spyder Eijifor as Charlie. Garret Morris as Anansi. Jada Pinkett Smith as Rosie's Mother Naomie Harris as Rosie Parminder Nagra as Daisy Simon Pegg as Graham Coates Rosamund Pike as...
http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2015-02-19/neil_gaiman_trigger_warning   Neil Gaiman on the Diane Rehm show. He talks about his short story collection, Trigger Warning, and trigger warnings. He talks about race and casting film versions of his works. He had a film deal in the works for Anansi Boys and flat turned it down when the words "Well, we will be turning the two main characters white because you know... black leads don't really sell..." came out out of the mouth...
Wait.. Mike Epps is playing Richard Pryor? Uh.... I am not that impressed.
Eww. I didn't know that. I hope he is living off that doctor's malpractice.So this isn't the time our place, but what the hell: This is why I hate Twitter with the burning of a thousand suns. That is an awesome story told in tiny thoughts that someone else had to collect and curate for me to read. That is a story that needs to be told in a place where 500 words isn't an issue. It isn't long form, it's two to three paragraphs./endrant.I get why Murphy wouldn't do it. But I...
 Wow... Time didn't prove that correct at all. Carvey loses any cache after Wayne's World. Even if Master of Disguise didn't look terrible from the trailer, I remember thinking "Huh, where has Dana Carvey been?" Meanwhile, Myers blew up with Austin Powers, then Shrek. Hell there was 7 years between Disguise and Love Guru.

So am I the only one that hopes the sequel has Eggsy promising his backdoor action to her? Anybody?
I know Josh Miller is gone to bigger and better things, like Hollywood casting couches, but the Parody thread titles thread has me wishing he was here so we could get some Ernest Franchise write ups.