or Connect

Posts by MrTyres

I love Hamm as Otto. When I saw it, I kicked myself for not thinking about it.
The Tyres Broadcasting Corporation is proud to present...   as Wanda Gershwitz... Ms. Anna Chlumsky  
Literally, exactly what I was about to say. Do you know where Saxon would be if the US of A hadn't been there? Speaking German! :::begins singing Deutschlandlied:::
I loved the River Wild, in part because an action/thriller  film with Meryl Streep is always in my wheelhouse, but I love Kevin Bacon. Tremors was on constant play in my house. I saw Stir of Echoes and Hollowman back to back in a Kevin Bacon Blockbuster Friday Night Double Showing Rental! in 2002. It was the constant Hollowman jokes that got me reading the DVD reviews on this site.  (Side note: Physical Media is dead, but it makes me sad, because often those DVD reviews...
I would love for Trek to give their board game, minis, and Rpg licence to Fantasy Flight Games. I would love to see great Star Trek games from EA or Bioware. ST Online scratches an itch for me every now and then, but oh the things you could do with that ip. I would love an updated Bridge Commander style game. Our a redux of Birth of the Federation, which was a Civilization clone for Star Trek. As for the Borg, my real problem with them comes from Voyager. They get...
I would love for Trek to give their board game, minis, and Rpg licence to Fantasy Flight Games. I would love to see great Star Trek games from EA or Bioware. ST Online scratches an itch for me every now and then, but oh the things you could do with that ip. I would love an updated Bridge Commander style game. Our a redux of Birth of the Federation, which was a Civilization clone for Star Trek.
I am excited for Wave 9. So much goodness. I kinda think mobile firing arc is how they should have handled turrets to start.
  I just finished teaching Lord of the Flies to my freshman class a week ago. One of the kids made the same comparison of Trump to Jack. When I asked who was Piggy if we were completing this metaphor, she said "We all are."  From the mouths of the children, folks!  When I retold this story at the lunch table the next day, a colleague said we were all Ralph, unable to describe how things have gotten to this state and incapable of fixing the situation.
I am in. I can't wait. I mean Darryl Hannah and Tom Hanks have a chemistry that is hard to replicate. Plus, replacing John Candy is a tall order. Hmm, a new PM. :::wanders away; wanders back::: Wait...The mermaid movie isn't A Fish Named Wanda? Well, goddamn. Guess I am still in. I hear this Cleese fellow used to be funny. Isn't Curtis from all those slasher films? Wait...is this why Kline's character on Bob's Burger is named Mr. FISCHODOER? Clever bastards, those...
 The answer is always yes. I have not been to many tourneys for games before Xwing, but at nearly every tournament I have been at, I have been welcomed. Practice with a list. You don't want to have some weird interaction of cards you didn't realize because you haven't played it. Get comfortable with what actions you can take and not take. Read up on the rules. Announce to your opponent that you are new to the organized play scene. They will most likely walk you through the...