or Connect

Posts by MrTyres

As a member of the CHUD Down with Love Fanclub, Reed has used those same kind of quick cuts, snappy dialogue, and interesting scene compositions before. His 60's Fantastic Four would have been amazing.
The better question would probably be "The deaths in routine traffic stops have been happening the entire time and we are just now hearing to what extant. How do we stop it?" I don't think there is a sudden rise, just better reporting. It's a terrible analogy, but this is like when you buy a new car. You never saw your car on the street before, but damned if you don't start seeing the same model everywhere.
For every good it seems to have done, it has unleashed a thousand unneeded controversies and teapot tempests. I cannot be convinced that any "conversation" had on twitter is true conversation, or at least a dialogue that raises both the content, context, and level of discourse. The level of chaff to wheat is so high, and for every good tweet, there are, hyperbolically but still true, tens of thousands of narcissistic, misanthropic, or faux rage tweets, retweets, and...
 If Christie just redid the entire bear fucker joke from Supertroopers, I would vote for him.
Since when do campus police shoot people in the face?   http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/6-ways-campus-cops-are-becoming-more-like-regular-police-20150624?page=2   The expansion of private police into non-campus public areas is alarming.
I have won one Galactica game. In part because I was Boomer and we had another player playing the chief. So, I spent most of my time blowing up raiders and doing my best to manipulate the top of crisis deck. The chief repaired constantly. I managed to become the president and after the Cylon reveal, the admiral. We still only had two fuel at the end. My most recent game I won, but because I was the Cylon. I had an excellent super crisis, Lee Adama kept getting blown out...
Is discussion of Sky Captain what brings yt back to the boards?  If so, I endorse it.   To be honest, between Gone in 60 Seconds, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, and Sky Captain, 2000 to 2004 was the height of my celebrity crush on Jolie.   The film does suffer in places, but as a lover of TaleSpin, Disney's Jungle Book reimagining with Baloo as a seaplane air pilot in a Casablanca like town, and a lover of Porco Rosso, I had no choice but to love this movie.
Reading Bikel's obituary in Variety makes me wish they recorded live stage plays. I know the argument against it, but I would sure as hell have watched him in or or Hell, to watch young Bikel and then watch older Bikel and compare the performance would be amazing. I may have to watch The African Queen or The Defiant Ones tomorrow night.
This Fall on ABC's Agents of Shield!