Posts by MrTyres

I will reiterate what I think the history books will say. The downfall of the American Republic isn't that a demagogue ran, but that he ran against the weakest Democratic representation of political status quo. I agree with Tzu on Hillary's sense of destiny, but it is more likely that her hubris has started the unravelling of America's political structure.
I am very angry at the Republicans for letting Trump be the the candidate that serves as the opposition to Hillary. Her negatives were always high. For those who couldn't vote for her, the only option was that guy. I am angry that Hillary ran a second time and used her power in the DNC to force the issue. I am for a women as president, but people viscerally (irrationally) hate her. There are hard unswayables when she is the candidate. Someone on CNN or MSNBC asked what...
 That is the same criteria I hold for Hunchback. There is some beautiful imagery and probably the best songs in the Disney oeuvre, but damn if I can make it past the gargoyles. The tonal mismatch is too jarring, so that film will never crack my top 10 Disney list.
Ding! Ding! The Horse that acts like a dog, but has a pretty hefty facial expression range and the chameleon's tiny fist of doom crack me up every time. Lilo and Stitch uses the dynamic of foster/adoptive family well to further character and theme. For me, it connects.
Unless Johnny Depp is playing Magic Hitler to oppose Dumbledore/Churchill, the only controversy is that Depp may be playing another Mad Hatter/Sparrow/Tonto and we are tired of that.        I kinda want Depp to play Magic Hitler now.
To quote a wise man...  This was posted in the ORIGINAL 2016 election thread, started 9 months before the actual 2012 elections.  So, I applaud that we waited until 7 days out, but...can we at least wait until next Wednesday, after we have theoretically elected someone the president for 2016- 2020?
Are you insinuating that one of the Scorpion King's mystical abilities was not Blurry Face (+2 to Defense and Intimidate rolls), but instead the power of a CGI so subpar, it became the benchmark of bad?Because frankly, sir, I am shocked, shocked to hear that The Mummy Returns, slayer of Brendan Fraser's career, could also become the golden standard for terrible. How was such a power wrought on this earth? Was it an actually mummy curse?
Wait... you don't like Brick? People who don't like Brick deserve Bricktop. 
#NotAllD'Angelos
 It would still have been shitty movies, but damn if watching those sparkly bastards die in gunfire and explosions wouldn't have been a tad bit more enjoyable than the sadface parade that actually happened.