or Connect

Posts by MrTyres

Oh shit that was a rough sequence and Leto just made me realize it was Kathy Geiss. Who will lead Comcast/NBC's Division of Microwave Oven Programming, Television - Scripted Reality, and Cult Activity?   Her name is Gladys. Her name is Gladys Paulson.
I know I saw posts of this a couple of months ago, but http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4886 this is a nice look at what is in it. I have both those ships, but I am a sucker for different paint jobs, and since SInger gave me the Imperial Aces set, I feel like I will grab these. Plus the card that makes something cost TWO less points could solve some issues I have of fleets with 101 points in it. For the B Wing Article:...
So, in the Board Games thread, I mentioned that I played 7 Wonders last night.  That was after I went to a local meetup for some Xwing Play.   Only one other person showed up initially, but two others wandered in an hour and a half afterwards. Communication has been kinda poor from the store and the store is in the process of moving next month, so hopefully the end of August will see more people. My gracious opponent has played in Nashville, Chattanooga, and Atlanta, so...
So, we played 7 Wonders again yesterday, but played according to the group play rules. And had a blast. Scores, in general, were closer with final victory in three games decided by spread of no more than 3 points.   I play with a friend and his church friends and they keep saying one day we will play Dominion, which I want to play badly.   ETA: I finally rocked a Science victory something fierce. Something like 3 complete sets of 3 of each symbol. Looking at my earlier...
I will agree with you Chaz that the first couple of Anne Rice's Vampire novels are great, but I stopped at number 3. Part of the problem is that I was reading them to impress the girl who really loved the novels and when that went nowhere, I stopped. Part is I thought Queen of the Damned was just okay and I didn't see greatness in the next novel from the book jacket at the library.
Spoils! Spoils!Spoils! Spoils!Spoils! Spoils!Spoils! Spoils!Spoils! Spoils!Spoils! Spoils!Spoils! Spoils! Am I missing an interpretation where Howland Reed is the High Sparrow? Where is that coming from?
It's all fun and games Bob, what with these extraterrestrials, but don't come crying to me when your wife runs off with some crystal bastard. As for Republican policies, I get more scrutiny in my job as a school teacher than most business do when environmental dumping.
 So you are history's greatest monster by pushing those books.  (I kid, I kid). I am on the Jennifer's Body bandwagon as I love it to death and it was one of the first blurays I bought. I, as an English teacher, work in a field predominately female. Shades made its run through my department. Sitting around a table working on some planning, everyone who did read it admitted that it was trashy and filled with terrible relationships, but the sex was steamy and gave them both...
 I don't think they did. The literature of both the Islamic Caliphate and post WWI Europeans look remarkably similar for a generation or two. Their world views were shattered, and in the case of the Islamic Caliphate, never really reconstituted. Islam (as a political power) never comes close to those heights again. The terrible psychological impact of WWI contributed directly, among other things, to the Second World War. The death of the American dream as a literary idea...
 This is my take as well. It's not that people lost someone. It's that people lost everyone at the same time. It is culture breaking, in the same way that the Black Death, Genghis Khan, and World War I were. The death toll from the single event was so high and affected people across all social boundries.