or Connect

Posts by Ambler

Mike Figgis' 'One Night Stand' also had no problem hooking the very dark Wesley Snipes up with the very white Nastassja Kinski and not making it about race...it was just accepted.  And Snipes' was a successful commercial director with an Asian wife, again, race is not really ever brought up from what I remember.  They're just people.     Jeez, what the fuck happened to the 90s?
 Meh.  They're just desperate to find any angle to make a sequel.  I doubt it was some revolutionary idea and just more like "let's throw in everything but the kitchen sink, cause how else will it stand out from the others?"
Cheap cash grab...nothing to see here folks, move along.
I'm halfway through the pilot and this feels like a Richard Kelly creation...like some college stoner trying to make an artistic statement or something...forced edginess, strange and morose just for the sake of it, with no real compelling driving force underneath...just weird, depressing shit happening because hey, it's HBO!   I don't mind being confused as an audience member as long as I feel like I'm in good hands, and Lindeloff is the last fucking person I'd feel that...
She's on the right track but on the wrong train.     I get where she's coming from.  It's probably her background of growing up in the Dominican Republic until she was 17, where there is much less of a racially charged, divisive and hateful background.  And she started acting not long after she got here, so she didn't have the same indoctrination as other US black women, who have the racially intense and divisive culture of this country beaten into them from a young...
Bay's favorite web page.
 He's already in the suit until 2018.  Avengers 2 and 3.
 Nope.
What makes this show stand out is the direction, the way it's shot, music, etc...it's sort of anti-television where the tendency is to just spill plot while doing as little as possible to make anything stand out aesthetically.  Soderbergh treats this like he would any other movie he'd make...it's so bold for a TV show in how it's put together.  It's the future of television.  No one but Soderbergh has the balls to make a turn of the century medical drama look and sound...