Posts by Ambler

I had not previously read this (hilariously ignorant) quote from ScarJo:  There is a holy shit amount of irony and whitesplain to unpack from this statement.
 I think the controversy has been more with the already underpresented people who Hollywood contunues to ignore when it comes to casting lead roles.  With the age of the movie star practically over (concept is king these days and no star has a reliable track record), these kinds of blatant whitewashing situations are becoming increasingly insulting and disrespectful to minorities and I don't blame them for being pissed.  
Shhhh.  Hollywood is listening.
Plus anything that has the power of Quaker Oats like Wilford Brimley is bound to succeed. 
The Thing easily.  It's alot more cunning.  The blob you can see coming from a mile away.
 It's a problem of making movies that need to "travel" and appeal to every soul on earth.  Not everyone understands or cares about philosophy.  But everyone understands and loves cool visuals and explosions.   It's more prevalant with adapting exisiting IPs because those are easier to package and control... I think original films can be a little more daring.  Of course neutering the very thing that made the original IP successful is what Hollywood excels at.
 Shhhh.  Hollywood is listening.
I still need to see Voyage of Time.
LOL, just dreamt that me and a friend saw this opening night and Rey and Luke werent even in it. It was just Finn and Ben Kenobi and some bad guys (not even Kylo or Snoke). Actually Rey was in it but not til after the credits and it was some small preview of a high school drama like Girl Meets World. Everybody in the audience was like "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!"
What kind of name Ansel Elgort?