Posts by BaldRayo

Yes, based on all the rumors and reporting so far, it seems like he was a on a short leash during filming, pretty much completely ceded control to executives after the "disastrous" assembly cut screening, and the reshoots / rewrites would have been about making the film the execs wanted, rather than fulfilling his vision. Had the tragedy not happened, he probably would have played good solider, ala Ayer or Edwards on Rogue One, but the end result likely would have been the...
First Plummer footage is in: https://www.mediaite.com/entertainment/watch-new-footage-of-christopher-plummer-in-all-the-money-in-the-world-after-replacing-kevin-spacey/   Ridley might actually pull it off, damn...
If he’s still on contract, I could see WB transferring the deal to another property, or a directing gig. They probably still want to keep him in the WB family, but I just couldn’t fathom him staying on as Batman when 1) he doesn’t seem like he wants to be there 2) There doesn’t seem to be that much love for him as Batman (he’s liked well enough, but outside of the insider baseball of it all, nobody would really care if he stepped down from the role) 3) Gal Gadot is the...
Option 1: Affleck confirms it as a side-note in profile interview with NYT / New Yorker prior to Justice League coming out, framed as a decision to concentrate on his sobriety/family/adorable new puppyOption 2: Press release right before Justice League hits Blu/Digital or before some big Wonder Woman 2 announcement (casting / new release date to avoid Star Wars / more Chris Pine), so they can drown out a bit of the noise. Probably early January / FebruaryEither way, I’m...
First preview of Elfman's score:     Kind of underwhelming - for all the talk about wanting superhero scores to be "hummable," this lacks any personality. Even if Junkie XL's music was anonymous, his production styles infused his flicks with personality. We'll see how the rest of the score shapes up...   EDIT: Just noticed that the YouTube page had the tracklisting for the album in the description:   Tracklisting: Disc 1 01. Everybody Knows - Sigrid 02. The...
Is anything going to be credited to Johansson now? I thought he was flat out off the film?This feels Zimmer-ish - at least it updates the 80s theme in a similar manner to Tron Legacy (which was also a remote control productions joint - and Zimmer was always rumoured to have been involved in that)
Pemberton's King Arthur score is GREAT. Haven't seen the movie, but the score alone is so dope.
This could be a function of listening to it on youtube, but the other thing about it is the lack of low end in the sound mix. There's a lack of rumble that takes away some of the urgency to the track, I think.   Although, considering how oppressive the bass could get during Interstellar / TDKR / Inception, maybe Nolan, Zimmer and the sound editors heard all the complaints and adjusted?
First taste of Zimmer's score is up     Hmmm.... I'll withhold judgment until I hear it used in the actual movie, but I dunno, man.   It's conceptually very cool (ticking clock and all), but it's also SUPER annoying. This also another case from Zimmer where this would have been a million times better if it were an actual orchestra being used, instead of synths (or the sound design being so over processed that the orchestra sounds like synths)
I actually watched the extended cut this evening. That link above details all of it exactly. All the Joker additions were useless (the whole subplot is useless, so no change there), but the team building works MUCH better with the additional scenes of Harley egging on the team, Flagg and Deadshot's deal, and little beats with Killer Croc and Boomerang. The extended bar scene is too long, but it's a nice bit of character work from everyone.   The additions don't really...