Posts by BaldRayo

He looks like a mannequin in certain a couple shots, his face is too smooth. The one that got meme'd to death wasn't nearly as bad as the screengrab that got out there, but still looks a little off. Sidenote:  that rescored clip actually works in certain areas, it's too bad they got scared off the Zimmer / Junkie XL themes. Regardless of memorability or "hummability" they've got a great, grandiose soundscape that worked well with these movies. The weird flashback edits...
I went to see it with my cousins - we're all Nigerian - and we were all dying at some of the Igbo inflections that M'Baku was using during the first waterfall challenge. Winston Duke did a great job, considering he's actually Trinidadian (I think)
to be completely fair, it seems like Smith did First Class, so it might not be completely copying Nolan. As always, fingers crossed we get more Amazing Spider-Man 2 Zimmer than DCEU Zimmer. May Dark Phoenix's inner monologue be the lyrics for her theme music. More flutes and clarinets, and funky funky dubstep hits at inappropriate times. (The complete score for ASM2 was bootlegged a few months back, and I finally have my dubstep "Itsy-Bitsy Spider" version - it is GLORIOUS)
He's not editing either - Nolan's guy Lee Smith got the gig for this movie. Ottman has been good but kind of bland on this series. Henry Jackman's First Class and John Powell's The Last Stand are the best X-Men scores by a mile, although Ottman's main theme is actually pretty good.
There used to be a "complete" version of the soundtrack that was floating around on soundtrack bootleg sites, with extra and alternate versions of the songs (it may have been about 30 total), and dialogue free versions. I just did a quick google search and can't find it anywhere, but I'll keep an eye out, as I remember it being pretty great.
Oh, Pemberton is doing this? If he brings back the jazz flute from Man from UNCLE this movie is a win no matter what goes on screen. Where the hell has David Holmes been the last few years? Feel like the last thing I heard from him was the '71 soundtrack, and that was...ok.
Yes, based on all the rumors and reporting so far, it seems like he was a on a short leash during filming, pretty much completely ceded control to executives after the "disastrous" assembly cut screening, and the reshoots / rewrites would have been about making the film the execs wanted, rather than fulfilling his vision. Had the tragedy not happened, he probably would have played good solider, ala Ayer or Edwards on Rogue One, but the end result likely would have been the...
First Plummer footage is in: https://www.mediaite.com/entertainment/watch-new-footage-of-christopher-plummer-in-all-the-money-in-the-world-after-replacing-kevin-spacey/   Ridley might actually pull it off, damn...
If he’s still on contract, I could see WB transferring the deal to another property, or a directing gig. They probably still want to keep him in the WB family, but I just couldn’t fathom him staying on as Batman when 1) he doesn’t seem like he wants to be there 2) There doesn’t seem to be that much love for him as Batman (he’s liked well enough, but outside of the insider baseball of it all, nobody would really care if he stepped down from the role) 3) Gal Gadot is the...
Option 1: Affleck confirms it as a side-note in profile interview with NYT / New Yorker prior to Justice League coming out, framed as a decision to concentrate on his sobriety/family/adorable new puppyOption 2: Press release right before Justice League hits Blu/Digital or before some big Wonder Woman 2 announcement (casting / new release date to avoid Star Wars / more Chris Pine), so they can drown out a bit of the noise. Probably early January / FebruaryEither way, I’m...