or Connect

Posts by Litmus Configuration

The more you show the zombies, the more routine they become. I think the screentime ratio of zombies to humans has been right on the money so far. It's the ever-present threat of the zombies more than the actual sight of lumbering geeks that keeps me on edge. Seriously, the scariest thing on the show for me isn't the undead but rather the characters who raise their voice or make any significant noise.
Quote: Originally Posted by Disciple_72 I dunno about that. Rick and Daryl are two of their best zombie killers (especially Daryl it seems), and Glenn is always on his toes, possibly the most alert one out of all of them. Since they'll never know though, the dramatic mileage is of course key (hoping to see Rick really beat himself up over his decision to go back for Merle) I guess what I'm saying is, Ed and Amy were already bit by zombies before...
Quote: Originally Posted by Disciple_72 Rick going off with three of their guys left the rest of the group vulnerable, just like Shane said. Rick and the others would probably have been sitting around the campfire while Amy and Ed would still get bit. He might have been able to make enough of a difference to save a redshirt or two (i.e., characters we don't care about) but the serious damage would most likely be done with or without Rick there. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by myers87 This aggression will not stand, Myers.
Quote: Originally Posted by t3cii I don't see how you can think Hamm is "all kinds of wrong for the role", then think Armie Hammer is a "near-perfect fit". Besides looking fuck all like Superman, do you really think he could make for a good Clark Kent? Did you see THE SOCIAL NETWORK? Considering he perfectly realized two entirely different characters, yes, I'd say he can be a great Clark Kent and a great Superman. As for looking "fuck all" like...
I'm just glad this casting notice has finally ruled out Hamm (who I think is a terrific actor) and will hopefully silence all those parrots who keep squawking his name whenever SUPERMAN is mentioned. He's all kinds of wrong for the role and the role is all kinds of wrong for him. I am, however, totally down with the fancasting of Armie Hammer. I think he'd be a near-perfect fit. But I wouldn't mind a total unknown either. I can't remember but did Big Blue punch...
Quote: Originally Posted by Richard Dickson So has anyone noticed that seems to be a chastity belt Portman's wearing? Yep. I've noticed it many, many, many times.
JAWS As nude Crissie takes to the water, Cassidy tries in vain to disrobe and join her and says, "I'M COMING! I'm definitely coming..."
And here's a display of fanatical frame-by-frame scrutiny not seen since the Zapruder film... http://forum.phun.org/showthread.php?t=576277
Quote: Originally Posted by Sebastian OB Noticed a definite 28 DAYS LATER vibe from Bear's music at the end of the episode. Yeah, not the first time Bear McCreary has borrowed heavily from another source. He often cribbed from BLACK HAWK DOWN during his run on BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. But in both cases, it works, so who cares? Speaking of which, I love how quiet this show is. So quiet that whenever anyone speaks above a normal conversational...