or Connect
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › CHUD.COM Main › The CHUD.com CHAT Room
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The CHUD.com CHAT Room

post #1 of 656
Thread Starter 
post #2 of 656
Thank you Nick.
post #3 of 656
For some reason it's telling me my password is invalid.
post #4 of 656
Ditto. Also, still can't see the login info when I type my name. Will try another browser.
post #5 of 656
Great stuff, Nick. Although, I didn't expect quite so much conversation about fisting.

ETA: Yep, my password (which was valid yesterday) no longer works.
post #6 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Swicegood View Post
For some reason it's telling me my password is invalid.
Same. And when I click make an account or forgot password it does nothing.
post #7 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattioli View Post
Great stuff, Nick. Although, I didn't expect quite so much conversation about fisting.
This is why I was requesting a room for conversations on Fisting.
post #8 of 656
Does this use our board account? Our community accoutn? Yet ANOTHER account we have to create?

Looks like you have to create another account for this, as my board name and my community name didn't work.
post #9 of 656
Another account.
post #10 of 656
Why don't you guys just use the same password and username for all three CHUD accounts?
post #11 of 656
I'll check it out when I get home, but I had no trouble getting in on my home computer. Is it the same chat format as the one we were using yesterday? If so, I didn't have to create an account - I was logged in on the forums, clicked the chat link, and just typed in my name. There wasn't a password required.
post #12 of 656
I like. Thanks, Nick.
post #13 of 656
It's a different format, Lisa.

And Rath, the Community page won't allow screennames with spaces in them, or with less than six letters, so a lot of us have to use something different. It isn't a huge pain, but it would have been nice to have your existing membership be all you need.
post #14 of 656
That's weird. I was able to login using a screen name with a space in it.
post #15 of 656
Nick,

I had an idea while just on the chat.

Maybe a movie night could be arranged? We would decide on a movie (I guess by poll) and then set a designated date and time. Everyone logs on who has the movie or gets it, cue it up to a certain time code then someone says GO (a "mod" for the movie night) and we're all on cue to enjoying a movie together. People could make observations, make fun of scenes or just watch along.
post #16 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
Nick,

I had an idea while just on the chat.

Maybe a movie night could be arranged? We would decide on a movie (I guess by poll) and then set a designated date and time. Everyone logs on who has the movie or gets it, cue it up to a certain time code then someone says GO (a "mod" for the movie night) and we're all on cue to enjoying a movie together. People could make observations, make fun of scenes or just watch along.
I actually did that in college with a couple friends in honor of the Star Wars box set finally coming out on dvd, it was a BLAST! We did all 3 back to back. So I would absolutely be up for that.
post #17 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
Nick,

I had an idea while just on the chat.

Maybe a movie night could be arranged? We would decide on a movie (I guess by poll) and then set a designated date and time. Everyone logs on who has the movie or gets it, cue it up to a certain time code then someone says GO (a "mod" for the movie night) and we're all on cue to enjoying a movie together. People could make observations, make fun of scenes or just watch along.
I would so be down with that.
post #18 of 656
Awesome idea, Brendan!

(can't seem to create a new user account after getting 'invalid' a couple of times)
post #19 of 656
Me either
post #20 of 656
I like the movie night idea, especially since it's probly the closest I'll ever get to watching a flick with any of you.
post #21 of 656
As long as the movie isn't genre, not something we've all seen, and no longer than 90 minutes.
post #22 of 656
So we can't do this until they adapt Gentlemen of the Road into a movie?

Damn your rules, Dickson!
post #23 of 656
ARG. This is going to be off topic, but because the boards are nigh-useless to me now, I have to post it here.

I'm getting the thread titles listed alphabetically, which is a terrible, terrible annoyance. Any idea how to fix this? its driving me insane.

On topic: Love the idea of chat, but i dont think I'd be able to use it much. Im going to be very disconnected from the Chud family once this really takes off.
post #24 of 656
Chat didn't have the password restrictions that Community did. Hm.
post #25 of 656
I'm sure this'll get worked out, don't want to heap on the pile here, but wanted to note that with Safari I can't even get the links for "forgot password" and "create account" to even work at all. Is this not compatible with Safari?
post #26 of 656
It's gotta be the pop-up blocker. Firefox wont let it open either.
post #27 of 656
Nick, I'm home now, and just tried to get into chat. I tried logging in with my board log in and it said I don't have an account. I clicked on the link to create a chat account, and the link's not doing anything, it's dead for me. Help?
post #28 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_oats View Post
It's gotta be the pop-up blocker. Firefox wont let it open either.
Same here when I switched to Firefox, all I got was a blank space instead of the log-in.
post #29 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaNewYork View Post
Nick, I'm home now, and just tried to get into chat. I tried logging in with my board log in and it said I don't have an account. I clicked on the link to create a chat account, and the link's not doing anything, it's dead for me. Help?
Make sure that you have no pop-up blockers active for CHUD.com, and I signed up with Firefox and not Safari, because Safari has been a bit buggy with the new interfaces. I think you have a Mac too, and it's working for me.
post #30 of 656
Are you on Firefox?

ETA: Eric, that worked - thanks!
post #31 of 656
The chat room uses my CHUD community log in. Try that username and password.

*Edit: Well it did yesterday. I just tried logging in with both my Community and Message Board usernames and no go. Do we have to create an account specifically for chat?
post #32 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
The chat room uses my CHUD community log in. Try that username and password.

*Edit: Well it did yesterday. I just tried logging in with both my Community and Message Board usernames and no go. Do we have to create an account specifically for chat?
Sure do!
post #33 of 656
I'm having the same problem, when I press create account nothing happens.
post #34 of 656
As somoene who was on the chat before and after its tweaking, wanted to compliment the CHUD crew on the work done. I mean, it was okay before, but now it's a TON better looking and all the new features work like a charm.

I look forward to wasting way too much time in there.
post #35 of 656
just re register and all will be fine, unless your text is in black. Then Nick will have an Aneurysm.
post #36 of 656
And the first kick from chat goes to.... Fabfunk! Congrats, Fab!
post #37 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Riviello View Post
And the first kick from chat goes to.... Fabfunk! Congrats, Fab!
Haha. Lay down the iron hammer of chat justice.
post #38 of 656
He's still in there yammering away. Then I realized I probably can't go into chat until I see every fucking movie that I've been meaning to, lest some chatty bitch spoil it.
post #39 of 656
Quote:
Anderson: You get Judi Dench naked and it just looks like Joe Camel's nose down there.
Greg Clark: ...
Matt M: gah
stump: wtf?
snaieke: ...
Patrick Ripoll: Goddammit Anderson
Hilarity.
post #40 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrybeanbag View Post
Hilarity.
Aw, man! I'm missing it!
post #41 of 656
There's nothing in there but misery and misfortune.

And pie.
post #42 of 656
....I like pie.
post #43 of 656
That was truly a good time last night once I got in - good to hang out with everyone.
post #44 of 656
It got confusing at some point. There were just too many of us and i was too drunk to keep up with the conversation.
post #45 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaNewYork View Post
That was truly a good time last night once I got in - good to hang out with everyone.
Aw, you mean I missed Lisa? Nuts.
post #46 of 656
I was in there from around 7 PM till about 10 PM - I think. Man, you can really lose track of time in that place! When were you there, Chris?
post #47 of 656
My only regret is that the voice only says, "Welcome!" and not "Welcome, you son of a bitch!" when you log in.
post #48 of 656
Hooray! I'm in!
post #49 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaNewYork View Post
I was in there from around 7 PM till about 10 PM - I think. Man, you can really lose track of time in that place! When were you there, Chris?
I think around 10:00 pm central time. Somewhere around there. I was taking a break after writing a DVD review for Creature Corner.
post #50 of 656
Chat Link on the front page isn't working.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: CHUD.COM Main
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › CHUD.COM Main › The CHUD.com CHAT Room