or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Robocop 2 - Page 2

post #51 of 203
The opening action sequence of RoboCop 3 has some qualities. Needed more violence, but else...

Can't decide though if the flick died the moment that little girl hacks into ED 209 or when Lewis dies.
post #52 of 203
I always like in the Robocop movies, Robocop moves kind of slow when he does pretty much everything. But when he's doing some fancy driving, aka Robocop 3... its hilarious when you can tell its a stunt driver and he's handling the steering wheel at warp speed.
post #53 of 203
It's too bad there weren't more Robo stuntman movements.

*furious stuntman leg kicking as robocop jumps out of a building and lands in a trashcan*
post #54 of 203
I liked the villain in part 3, he was such a typical WASP.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Have some money black kids!
*throws dollar bills into the street as minorities swarm to pick it up*

EVIL!
post #55 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoolong View Post
Technically they're not robots. They're cyborgs.

And you call yourselves Robocop fans.
Maybe I'm missing something here but if he isn't a robot, why is he called Robocop?
post #56 of 203
How about that CCH POUNDER in Robocop 3! There ain't no silver lining! Smokin' hot too!

post #57 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Jim View Post
Maybe I'm missing something here but if he isn't a robot, why is he called Robocop?
Cause Cybocop sounds stupid.
post #58 of 203
How much of Robocop is actually organic? I haven't watched the original in a long time and it just looks like its a face stretched out over a high-tech robohead.
post #59 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber's EYE CONDITION! View Post
How much of Robocop is actually organic? I haven't watched the original in a long time and it just looks like its a face stretched out over a high-tech robohead.
I forgot exactly what it was, but I believe it's at least the face and brain.
post #60 of 203
Yeah just his brain and face.

"I told you to lose the arm!"
post #61 of 203
Miguel Ferrer needs more work. He was great in this and Traffic. Any other good ones?
post #62 of 203
post #63 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelouboyle View Post
Miguel Ferrer needs more work. He was great in this and Traffic. Any other good ones?

He's great as the irritable coroner on Twin Peaks.
post #64 of 203
He was good in Hot Shots 2....what?
post #65 of 203
He was not, however, in Robocop 2 at all.
post #66 of 203
But I like to think his spirit permeated the production.
post #67 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix natalya View Post
Oh yes, Robocop 3 was bad. I only remember it because they killed off Nancy Allen in that one. Also there was that Yakuza Ninja Android.

Did anyone here watch the Robocop Live Action TV Series in the early 90's? There also a miniseries called Robocop: Prime Directives that was slightly better than 3.
Those tv movies were the source of some early internet journalism ethics drama, back on Usenet, when the producers gave set tours to some guy called the Gore-Met, who came back raving about how awesome it was gonna be. Anyone remember any of that shit?
post #68 of 203
I remember there being a Robocop live action series that was either on channel 13 or 9. I also remember there being two animated robocop series also. One in the 80s and one really shitty one in the 90s.
post #69 of 203
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Those tv movies were the source of some early internet journalism ethics drama, back on Usenet, when the producers gave set tours to some guy called the Gore-Met, who came back raving about how awesome it was gonna be. Anyone remember any of that shit?
Yeah, I never trusted Gore-Met again after that incident.
post #70 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdHocken View Post
I remember there being a Robocop live action series that was either on channel 13 or 9.
Pudface! That show was awful. I never saw Prime Directives.
post #71 of 203
Speaking of channel 9, there was also a syndicated F/X series. I kid you not.
post #72 of 203
His credibility was shattered.
post #73 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus-7 View Post
Yeah just his brain and face.
Well, after Leon drops the crane bucket full of scrap metal on Robo, Clarence stabs him in the chest with that steel rod. Murphy howls in pain. Real pain. Not just, oh shit, he's tearing up my electronics.

I watched Robocop for the first time in years yesterday. The ending is just so great (and hopeful) I can understand people hating the sequel. Putting Robo back where he was in the beginning. Basically starting all over after finding his humanity at the end of the first film.
post #74 of 203
ROBOCOP 2 had a hopeful, feel good ending too.

"Heyyyyyyyyyy we're only human!"
Such a laid back attitude after hundreds were killed!
post #75 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkatthemoon View Post
Well, after Leon drops the crane bucket full of scrap metal on Robo, Clarence stabs him in the chest with that steel rod. Murphy howls in pain. Real pain. Not just, oh shit, he's tearing up my electronics.
Probably sending screwed up electrical signals to his brain. He also reacted as if he was in pain during his dreams.
post #76 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoolong View Post
Cause Cybocop sounds stupid.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109517/
post #77 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoolong View Post
Probably sending screwed up electrical signals to his brain. He also reacted as if he was in pain during his dreams.
Yeah, I think he feels pain like a Terminator feels pain. Just impulses sent to his brain to let him know that he's being shot, or has his foot in a microwave or something.
post #78 of 203
For my money, the best cronie in Robocop 1 is MINH!

"AWWWWWW!!! *cocks shotgun* Fuck YOUUU!!!"
post #79 of 203
My favorite lines come from Robocop when he sounds pissy.
Like "KEEP HIM TALKING!" and

Nerdy Cop: Can I help you?
Robocop: NNO!

I also like "GO ROBO".
post #80 of 203
RoboCop's head and torso are organic. He needs to eat. He's gotta stomach and intestines and all the crap underneath the metal armour. His limbs are totally prosthetic though.
post #81 of 203
GO ROBO! is so great because of how the guy pokes his head into the frame and says it!
post #82 of 203
That guy was always so Upbeat.

*excited thumbs up after dick jones is brutally killed*
post #83 of 203


Johnson enjoys this thread.
post #84 of 203
He was good in the Robocop 2 audition tapes.

*crazy robot shoots scientist, felton perry casually crawls away*
post #85 of 203
Johnson and the Old Man were much more corrupt and MAD WITH POWER in Robo 2.
To them, normal people were ants!

This could look bad for OCP, Johnson. Scramble the best spin team we have!
post #86 of 203
Johnson sure loved his rudementary paste.
"TASTES LIKE BABY FOOD!"
*sucks fingers with glee*
post #87 of 203
I feel sorry for Johnson, he had to see the old man in the spa! And the old hag I assume the old man was laying down with every night! I love it! Clearly we're supposed to think that lady was sexy!
post #88 of 203
Quote:
Johnson sure loved his rudementary paste.
"TASTES LIKE BABY FOOD!"
*sucks fingers with glee*
That take lasted 40 minutes. He couldn't stop digging into that delicious paste!
post #89 of 203
It was funny, see??? Because of the gross BLUUURRPP BLLUURRRPPP BLUURRRUFUFUURUPPP sound it made coming out of the dispenser!!! AND HE'S EATIN' IT UP! Johnson you will go far in OCP!

Also I like how the old man of OCP isn't really that bad or evil in Robocop, but suddenly in Robocop 2 he's over the top evil! No explanation needed! I bet it was his choice to choose those OCP nazi-esque flags! Either that or it was a whole different character... perhaps the new head of OCP circa Robocop 2 was Conal Cochran!
post #90 of 203
It took all day to shoot that scene. 28 takes. Johnson spent all night vomiting Verhoeven's patented baby paste!
post #91 of 203
I'm not at all crazy about Robocop 2 but I wouldn't want to live in a world that didn't include the suicidal Robocop 2 failures.
post #92 of 203
Didn't they have people offing themselves left and right over at OCP in the thrid one? Like something out of a Zucker Brothers movie.
post #93 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM View Post
I'm not at all crazy about Robocop 2 but I wouldn't want to live in a world that didn't include the suicidal Robocop 2 failures.
If THAT had lasted another 10 minutes I could of left at that point, and been MORE than satisfied!
post #94 of 203
To whoever said that Transformers is less fun...you sir, need to give up watching film altogether.

RoboCop 2 is a complete piece of shit. I love the first one with all my heart as it's the first film I ever saw at the nice age of two. How anyone could like this drivel is beyond me. This movie has so many problems it makes Dinah Lohan look like a competent mother.

Problems:
- The drug dealing kid. I'm all for having a kid in a gang every now and then (when done properly, see "The Wire") but to tell me this little prick is going to be running an entire fucking gang?! Nuh uh. You're telling me he's going to also take off RoboCop's hand? Yeah. Fucking. Right.
-Which brings me to my next problem which is what a giant pussy RoboCop is in this movie. In the first movie RoboCop has a malfunction, gets torn to shit from ED-209, meets the entire police sqaud who hands him his ass and STILL keeps ticking. Here, RoboCop is defeated by five or six goons (which BTW, he would have targeted as soon as he walked in) in all of two minutes WITHOUT malfunctioning.
-What was the point of having him stalk his wife the whole issue is going to be resolved one scene later and NEVER FUCKING REFERRED TO THE REST OF THE FILM!? Here's the potential for a killer plot point and it's gone faster than David Caruso's film career.

I'll post more later. I'm going to watch Transformers.
post #95 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by halofan1 View Post

I'll post more later. I'm going to watch Transformers.

Enjoy that.
post #96 of 203
Robocop 3 has some very funny moments, like Johnson's last scene. All you see is him silently running out of the OCP building before the fight with the Samurai ninjas.
post #97 of 203
Someone needs to start a Johnson appreciation thread stat!
post #98 of 203
Thread Starter 
I love Johnson when Robo plays the video of Dick Jones bragging about having Bob Morton killed. The stern look of anger on Johnson's face pretty much summed up how we as an audience felt toward Dick Jones.
post #99 of 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by halofan1 View Post
To whoever said that Transformers is less fun...you sir, need to give up watching film altogether.

RoboCop 2 is a complete piece of shit. I love the first one with all my heart as it's the first film I ever saw at the nice age of two. How anyone could like this drivel is beyond me. This movie has so many problems it makes Dinah Lohan look like a competent mother.

Problems:
- The drug dealing kid. I'm all for having a kid in a gang every now and then (when done properly, see "The Wire") but to tell me this little prick is going to be running an entire fucking gang?! Nuh uh. You're telling me he's going to also take off RoboCop's hand? Yeah. Fucking. Right.
-Which brings me to my next problem which is what a giant pussy RoboCop is in this movie. In the first movie RoboCop has a malfunction, gets torn to shit from ED-209, meets the entire police sqaud who hands him his ass and STILL keeps ticking. Here, RoboCop is defeated by five or six goons (which BTW, he would have targeted as soon as he walked in) in all of two minutes WITHOUT malfunctioning.
-What was the point of having him stalk his wife the whole issue is going to be resolved one scene later and NEVER FUCKING REFERRED TO THE REST OF THE FILM!? Here's the potential for a killer plot point and it's gone faster than David Caruso's film career.

I'll post more later. I'm going to watch Transformers.
This film about a half human half robot police officer is preposterous!
post #100 of 203
I hope you don't dissect Transformers that much, or you just might kill yourself.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Films in Release or On Video