or Connect
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Television › HBO's Game of Thrones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HBO's Game of Thrones - Page 46

post #2251 of 2289

Am I the only one who is very annoyed by Littlefinger's voice?  The way he talks...he's the only one among the troupe who sounds more like a caricature than a 3-D human being.  Watching the eps live, I didn't catch it.  Doing a Blu-Ray marathon where I'd watch three or eps in a row?  Holy shit, is it noticeable.

post #2252 of 2289

Nah, I got much love for Littlefinger. And by much love I mean much hate. And that's the way it should be. Aidan Gillen rules and he's perfect casting for that part.

post #2253 of 2289

 


Edited by Joseph P. Brenner - 3/18/12 at 9:45am
post #2254 of 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

Nah, I got much love for Littlefinger. And by much love I mean much hate. And that's the way it should be. Aidan Gillen rules and he's perfect casting for that part.



I like Littlefinger, but the way he talks gets on my goddamn nerves.  It's even more jarring when I hear the actor's real voice during interviews. 

 

Also, must EVERY TRAILER show Sansa getting her ass kicked at court?  Damn!

post #2255 of 2289

Fun fact... If you look at the new UK trailer for 'Prometheus', you'll see a GOT cast member in it. Kate Dickie (Lysa Arryn) smile.gif

post #2256 of 2289

the rightful king of Westeros

 

post #2257 of 2289

Some backstory on Davos:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Lord Davos Seaworth of the Rainwood, Admiral of the Narrow Sea, commonly called the Onion Knight, was once a smuggler, but became a landed knight and Stannis Baratheon's most honest and loyal supporter. He captains the Black Betha, his old smuggling ship.

 

During Robert's Rebellion, almost a year into the Siege of Storm's End, Davos took it upon himself to smuggle onions and other foodstuffs into Storm's End, running the Redwyne blockade of the castle. The food allowed Stannis Baratheon's men to hold on until Eddard Stark arrived to break the siege. As a reward for his service Stannis knighted him, giving him choice lands on Cape Wrath. However, Davos lost the first joint from each finger of his left hand, as payment for his past crimes. Davos found the ruling just, and agreed to the terms if Stannis would swing the blade himself. He kept the bones of his joints in a pouch around his neck because he believed they were lucky, having bought a future for his family.

 

It's a "spoiler" since you don't know anything about Davos yet but you'll never actually get to see any of the above in the show since it's just backstory. I just thought some people might like to read it. If you're a fan of Liam Cunningham you should probably read it just to get a sense of the kind of character he's going to be playing.

post #2258 of 2289

You might want to back off a little, Brenner. The rule in this thread is "the books don't exist".

 

I don't know, I'll bow to the people who haven't read the books, but I tipped over a little too far into spoiler territory last year babbling on about the world and the backstory, which is part of the show. I think unless it's unclear on the actual show, or people outright ask, you should keep clear of stuff like that.

 

And yeah, HBO promo or not, that Stannis video is WAY too spoileriffic. Don't watch it if you haven't read the books.

post #2259 of 2289

If you have to put it in a spoiler box, don't post it here.

post #2260 of 2289

 

 

 

 

post #2261 of 2289

Flaming sword! Flaming sword! I don't know if that's music from the show, but HBO has stellar musical tastes for their marketing. And the show's main theme alone is lightyear's beyond current movie themes, in that it actually has one.

post #2262 of 2289

HBO has release a new poster in their "for fans" series:

tumblr_m175huiJID1r9h4heo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1332356210&Signature=uR4%2FXo9o5hxxQNLrJ5QT1IfU8KU%3D

post #2263 of 2289

The poster I'm seeing everywhere in New York, with the hand holding the crown, is the first marketing art for this series that I think kind of sucks. Doesn't matter, I'm pumped for this.

 

Before anyone suggests it, I think we should keep using this thread rather than make a season 2 one. This thread is great.

post #2264 of 2289

I agree, this thread is sufficient for season 2. 

 

As for posters, that "hand grabbing crown" was the only official poster. It is also being used as the cover for the reprint of the HBO edition of the "A clash of Kings".

 

The other posters ("bloody north remembers", "Ned's head on a spike", and now this) were never part of the official campaign. Just internet advertising for fans.

post #2265 of 2289

Hopefully we get some early thoughts on the first two episodes soon.

 

5AMX3.jpg

post #2266 of 2289

It seems like screeners of the first *four* episodes were sent out according to this tweet: https://twitter.com/#!/BastardMachine/status/182224559993393152

post #2267 of 2289


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjen Rudd View Post

The poster I'm seeing everywhere in New York, with the hand holding the crown, is the first marketing art for this series that I think kind of sucks.


 

Right?!?! Where's our Dinklage surrounded by whores one sheet? C'mon guys! 

 

post #2268 of 2289

I was hoping each season poster would feature a different character seated in the Iron Throne. Seemed like a no-brainer. 

post #2269 of 2289

I don't think that crown will look that great on Dany's head. She should change the design upon her inevitable triumph.

post #2270 of 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackyShimSham View Post

I was hoping each season poster would feature a different character seated in the Iron Throne. Seemed like a no-brainer. 



Too repetitive.

post #2271 of 2289

Naw, unifying theme!

 

Dany wouldn't wear that crown though. It's got a bunch of antlers on it, for the Baratheons. Which Joffrey believes himself to be.

post #2272 of 2289

She'd just wear the dragons on her head.  Like a hat.

 

Your argument is invalid, my crown is a dragon!

post #2273 of 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoolong View Post

She'd just wear the dragons on her head.  Like a hat.

 

Your argument is invalid, my crown is a dragon!



By this argument, Johnny Depp is the king of the Ravenclaws in the new Lone Ranger movie.

post #2274 of 2289

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTyres View Post

By this argument, Johnny Depp is the king of the Ravenclaws in the new Lone Ranger movie.



Didn't I just say your argument is invalid?

 

post #2275 of 2289

Ladies and Gentleman: Stannis Barratheon.

 

 

 

post #2276 of 2289

Already posted. And too spoileriffic for my tastes.

post #2277 of 2289

Apologies I didn't see that.  I wouldn't call it that spoilery though but that's for the other thread..

post #2278 of 2289

recap of season 1

 

post #2279 of 2289

I'm starting on the season 1 commentaries, and episode three with only Maise, Sophie and Isaac is so far ridiculously cute and entertaining. The three of them singing the score during the opening credits is possibly the most adorable thing ever recorded.

post #2280 of 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav McGee View Post

I'm starting on the season 1 commentaries, and episode three with only Maise, Sophie and Isaac is so far ridiculously cute and entertaining. The three of them singing the score during the opening credits is possibly the most adorable thing ever recorded.


There's also the running joke of Isaac never meeting any of the people or traveling to any of the locations mentioned by Maisie and Sophie.

post #2281 of 2289

post #2282 of 2289

So I take it no new thread for the new season?  I've been staying out of here since the finale because I figured it would all be semi-spoilery casting info and teasers.  Which a glance at this page seems to bear out.

 

Anyway, I think a new thread with a clear "no spoiler" title would be preferable because the longer this one gets the more likely it is that newcomers aren't going to read it all when they drop in and need the policy explained over and over, potentially after the damage is done.  Although if people are attached to this one, getting a mod to add a "no spoiler" subtitle here would help in that regard.

post #2283 of 2289

Your wish is my command.

post #2284 of 2289

It's probably best to make a new thread. 2,282 replies and season 2 hasn't even started yet.

post #2285 of 2289

I'll make a new one tonight unless people are rallying around this one.  Sooooo pumped for Sunday.

post #2286 of 2289

A new thread works for me.

 

After poring through the season 1 blus the past couple weeks, I'm developing a twitch in anticipation.

post #2287 of 2289

It's up. I suggest discussion be moved there.

post #2288 of 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post

So I take it no new thread for the new season?  I've been staying out of here since the finale because I figured it would all be semi-spoilery casting info and teasers.  Which a glance at this page seems to bear out.


 

For the record, I'd say the last few page's worth of posts in this thread are safe as long as you don't click on anything. Some of the teasers are a bit spoilery (on par with a movie trailer) but nothing hardcore. The Stannis character video is probably the worst, because you presumably want to meet him and his retinue on the show itself, but otherwise I'd say they're not too bad. There's also a pair of "new faces" and "new locations" videos floating around, but not in this thread.

 

post #2289 of 2289

Just got HBO (3 free months) and plowed through Season 1 this weekend and last night.  Very good so far although I find myself much more invested in the Daenarys and Tyrion characters than anybody else so far.  Honestly I get that they're trying to follow the format of the books (no I haven't read them) but it felt like too much was compressed into the Daenarys story line in the last couple of episodes.

 

Give me a couple of days and I'm sure I'll be up to date on Season 2.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Television › HBO's Game of Thrones