or Connect
CHUD.com Community › Forums › POLITICS & RELIGION › Political Discourse › Sarah Palin: Going Rogue!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sarah Palin: Going Rogue! - Page 4

post #151 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Dickson View Post
So Palin used her Twitter feed today to back John Raese in the Pennsylvania Senate race.

The only problem? Raese is running in West Virginia.

Way to have your finger on the pulse.
Take your 'facts' back to South Korea, commie...
post #152 of 225
I basically do everything in my power to avoid reading/hearing/thinking about Ms Palin and her homophobic clan. My mom talks about her constantly, and I do my best to shut down such discussions before they can even begin

Anyway, I was reading on HuffPo today that she attacked Hollywood and the movies in her new book, and so I figured since this is CHUD.COM, I would repost her ill informed ramblings about our favorite pastime for your reading pleasure:
Quote:
Palin goes after moviemakers as well, specifically those responsible for "American Beauty" -- a film that she insists idolizes apathy and drug use. The one cinematic work she cheers -- "Juno" -- she does with backhanded glee:

A European movie might have had Juno get her abortion in the opening scene and then spend the next hour and fifteen minutes smoking cigarettes and pondering the meaning of life. It would have been depressing and boring. Not here. Americans want to be entertained, but we also want to see people do the right thing, even when it's hard and there is no prospect of being rewarded. Hooray for some in Hollywood for occasionally letting us see that.
Interesting she'd go after American Beauty.. since most of the liberals she thinks the film is speaking to have long since turned against that movie and it's best picture win. Her cultural reference points are a decade out of date
post #153 of 225
Is it North Korea we like? Or South? Sarah Palin gets them mixed up. http://j.mp/eAP9YS
post #154 of 225
North, South what does it matter? They're all scary Asians.
post #155 of 225
Quote:
In typically Manichean fashion, Palin divides the feminist movement into the hardy, maternalist foremothers who fought, justly, for the right to the vote, and the whining, anti-family radicals who came along in the 1960s and '70s. With a rather stunning lack of self-awareness, she rehashes Dan Quayle’s attack on the TV show Murphy Brown for glorifying single motherhood. She takes a swipe at what she calls Hillary Clinton’s former appearance of “1960s-era bra-burning militancy.” Against such viragos, she sets earlier feminist heroines, who she seems to imagine were a lot like Sarah Palin. “What is hardest to take about liberals calling the emerging conservative feminist identity anti-feminist or even anti-woman is that this new crop of female leaders represents a return to what the women’s movement originally was,” she writes.

The historical revisionism here recalls that of Christian conservatives who try to paint our deistic Founding Fathers as devout evangelicals. At one point, Palin refers to Elizabeth Cady Stanton’s “Declaration of Sentiments,” which came out of the historic 1848 women’s rights convention at Seneca Falls, New York. Stanton deliberately echoed the language of the Declaration of Independence, referring to the rights that women are entitled to “by the laws of nature and of nature’s God.” To Palin, this mention of God proves that Stanton shared her faith: “Can you imagine a contemporary feminist invoking ‘the laws of nature and of nature’s God?’ These courageous women spoke of our God-given rights because they believed they were given equally, by God, to men and women.”

Not really. Stanton was a famous freethinker, eventually shunned by more conservative elements of the women’s movement for her attacks on religion. In one 1885 speech, she declared, “You may go over the world and you will find that every form of religion which has breathed upon this earth has degraded women.” Ten years later, she published the first volume of The Woman’s Bible, her mammoth dissection of biblical misogyny. Stanton was particularly scathing on the notion of the virgin birth: “Out of this doctrine, and that which is akin to it, have sprung all the monasteries and nunneries of the world, which have disgraced and distorted and demoralized manhood and womanhood for a thousand years.”

How Palin Flunks Feminism
post #156 of 225
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaron-..._b_793600.html

Quote:
You're right, Sarah, we'll all just go fuck ourselves now.
ETA, that was a fun reading.
post #157 of 225
Hah...well played, Mr. Sorkin.

I don't really have a problem with recreational hunting as long as most/all of the animal is being used for -something- (yes, even if it's just trophies). It's not a "sport" that I'd likely engage in myself, but I don't begrudge others their willingness to do it.

But seriously...killing a moose on TV purely for political gain and manufactured controversy? Yeah, that's low. But hey, she's got to maintain her reputation as "Huntin' and Fishin' Barbie."
post #158 of 225

So, it appears that everyone's favorite dingbat had a secondary facebook account that she used to praise herself. And of course she got caught.

 

Oh, Sarah you so crazy!

post #159 of 225

LOL Sarah Palin! 

 

2vbqu1e.jpg

post #160 of 225

My favorite is where she "liked" her own comment.  Surreal

post #161 of 225


“No wonder Michelle Obama is telling people to breast feed their babies, because the price of milk is rising so high,” - Sarah Palin

 

I would like to think this is just a bad joke, but I don't know anymore.
 

post #162 of 225

What?

 

She has to be trolling. No one would ever seriously consider this a smart thing to say.

post #163 of 225

She's been on this avenue for a few weeks now. Mrs. Obama has been pushing breast feeding heavily because, apparently, it is not done as much by African-Americans. Of course, Palin fails to see that as an issue and likes to pretend the First Lady is telling people what to do.

 

Man, I do not like Sarah Palin.

post #164 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Baker View Post

Man, I do not like Sarah Palin.



That's the deal with her. It's one thing to be an ignorant airhead. It's the way that she's proud of being an ignorant airhead, and plays the victim when called on it, that brings on the punching feeling.

post #165 of 225

Between that, and her anger at Michelle for encouraging children to eat "healthy", I just don't know what to say anymore.  I guess I'm suprised at the amount of followers she has, seems like so many people are proud to be uneducated, poorly informed, and pigheaded in their opinions. 

post #166 of 225

As a person who lives his life surrounded by the type of people who like her, I can verify they do enjoy being poorly informed and pig-headed. It's kind of like their hobby.

post #167 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Baker View Post

 Mrs. Obama has been pushing breast feeding heavily because, apparently, it is not done as much by African-Americans. Of course, Palin fails to see that as an issue and likes to pretend the First Lady is telling people what to do.


I heard a report on this trend on NPR a while back.  It's fascinating (and depressingly tragic) how it came to be.

 

http://www.momlogic.com/2009/05/slavery_black_women_breastfeeding_pt1.php

 

I'm not sure if Palin really doesn't know about the benefit of breast feeding or is actively trying to prevent African-Americans from benefiting from it.

post #168 of 225

My son came up with the funniest verse for the Sarah Palin Battle Hymn (if you haven't seen this treasure, it's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhMepzqJvIw): "Sarah Palin's gonna bring back slavery!"

post #169 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post




I heard a report on this trend on NPR a while back.  It's fascinating (and depressingly tragic) how it came to be.

 

http://www.momlogic.com/2009/05/slavery_black_women_breastfeeding_pt1.php

 

I'm not sure if Palin really doesn't know about the benefit of breast feeding or is actively trying to prevent African-Americans from benefiting from it.


 

Mother's milk is nothing compared to what you would find in the dairy section of your local grocer.  2% for all babies! 

Not to mention, breast feeding doesn't stimulate the economy, those socialist scum infants.  Time to support America,  Freeloaders!

post #170 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post




I heard a report on this trend on NPR a while back.  It's fascinating (and depressingly tragic) how it came to be.

 

http://www.momlogic.com/2009/05/slavery_black_women_breastfeeding_pt1.php

 

I'm not sure if Palin really doesn't know about the benefit of breast feeding or is actively trying to prevent African-Americans from benefiting from it.


That is an interesting article. I'm inclined to think Palin has no real understanding of what she is attacking, only focusing on the who. It's contrarianism at it's finest.

post #171 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Baker View Post




That is an interesting article. I'm inclined to think Palin has no real understanding of what she is attacking, only focusing on the who. It's contrarianism at it's finest.


Exactly, Nooj has put more thought into the issue in the minutes it took for him to post and link that article than Palin obviously has in weeks and months.

 

It's simply "Michelle Obama says it - bad socialist fascist bad". 

 

She'd come out in favor of puppy farms if her political opponents were against them.

 

...wait a minute...

post #172 of 225

I've long held the opinion that people need to start writing to any Democrat in power and demand nothing more than an end to "vicious corpse fucking." Hopefully that will eventually get them to start making the rounds, and will(pray to god) force Sarah Palin to go out and fuck a corpse on live television while spewing some "Well I guess those city-folk don't understand how relaxing a good corpse fucking can be!" speech.

post #173 of 225
Oh great, more Palins on Dancing With The Stars.
post #174 of 225

 

oh, she is just adorable..... she has my vote!

post #175 of 225
I was going to post that funny Palin-Paul Revere video in here but fuck, after reading this thread I'm too depressed. We need to treat her like Pennywise. Don't believe in her and maybe she'll go away. Or mace her with Battery acid.
post #176 of 225

I don't understand the dread that Palin still seems to inspire in some democrats.  Her most significant achievement was dragging down the presidential campaign a old white war veteran with a history of bipartisan appeal to the point that a young black guy with minimal legislative experience and cartoonishly unfortunate name associations could beat him by a 2-1 margin.  And it's not like her reputation as a serious political animal has been climbing since then.  She's a Kardashian for the red states.  And in this day and age, the most a Kardashian can hope for politically is a single term in the Senate.  Well, maybe two.

post #177 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post

I don't understand the dread that Palin still seems to inspire in some democrats.  Her most significant achievement was dragging down the presidential campaign a old white war veteran with a history of bipartisan appeal to the point that a young black guy with minimal legislative experience and cartoonishly unfortunate name associations could beat him by a 2-1 margin.  And it's not like her reputation as a serious political animal has been climbing since then.  She's a Kardashian for the red states.  And in this day and age, the most a Kardashian can hope for politically is a single term in the Senate.  Well, maybe two.



The problem is that whatever candidate the GOP puts up has a significant chance of winning the Presidency, especially if the economy is still down.  That's why she still scares me.

post #178 of 225

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoubt View Post




The problem is that whatever candidate the GOP puts up has a significant chance of winning the Presidency, especially if the economy is still down.  That's why she still scares me.


The only way the GOP has a chance in '12 is if the economy is still down and Palin stays off the ticket.   Even among her fans I think there's an reluctance to give her actual responsibilities.  She might be able to draw some crowds for campaign events, but presidentially, she's a loser, and has done absolutely nothing to lessen that stigma. 

 

Her only credential is that she was governor of a small state, and she quit.  She fucking quit.  We elect fools, criminals, perverts and megalomaniacs president.  We don't elect quitters.

 

post #179 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post

 


The only way the GOP has a chance in '12 is if the economy is still down and Palin stays off the ticket.   Even among her fans I think there's an reluctance to give her actual responsibilities.  She might be able to draw some crowds for campaign events, but presidentially, she's a loser, and has done absolutely nothing to lessen that stigma. 

 

Her only credential is that she was governor of a small state, and she quit.  She fucking quit.  We elect fools, criminals, perverts and megalomaniacs president.  We don't elect quitters.

 



Nothing is impossible.  Just ask the people of California.  Who would have thought, an actor from Austria would have been Governor.  Just saying, stranger things have happened.

 

post #180 of 225

Arnold was elected in what can only be described as a complete sideshow circus. It's a bit apples and oranges compared to a national campaign for the presidency.

 

That, and for all his beefiness, Arnold's not a dumb guy. A bit dim on where to keep his pants zipped, but he at least knew how to play politics, albeit shrewdly. He almost certainly knows more about the history of his adopted country than Palin, who still treats this as an extension of running for high school class president.

post #181 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Clark View Post

Arnold was elected in what can only be described as a complete sideshow circus. It's a bit apples and oranges compared to a national campaign for the presidency.

 

That, and for all his beefiness, Arnold's not a dumb guy. A bit dim on where to keep his pants zipped, but he at least knew how to play politics, albeit shrewdly. He almost certainly knows more about the history of his adopted country than Palin, who still treats this as an extension of running for high school class president.


 

Moreover, Arnold's appeal (at the time, anyway) was much broader than Palin's at her best, particularly in a state dominated by the entertainment industry.   Palin's going to be an embarrassing and infuriating presence for the foreseeable future, but in terms of her actually getting her finger on the button, the danger is passed.

post #182 of 225

hope you're right.  I'd hope that if she was the GOP Canidate, cooler heads would prevail and people would see her for the bafoon she is.  Just with a lot of the shit I see everyday, the racism towards Obama and this "take our contry back" mentality, the notion of her getting the chance is nevre wracking.

post #183 of 225

Palin's never going to get elected. She's just going to spend the next few years doing whatever possible to get as much attention as possible from the media she so loves to deride and chastise in order to rake in more money from speaking and personal appearance gigs, and this is going to continue until even her most loyal followers grow tired of her over-exposure and she fades quietly into pop culture nothingness.

 

It's a lot like Jersey Shore.

post #184 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickP View Post

hope you're right.  I'd hope that if she was the GOP Canidate, cooler heads would prevail and people would see her for the bafoon she is.  Just with a lot of the shit I see everyday, the racism towards Obama and this "take our contry back" mentality, the notion of her getting the chance is nevre wracking.



I think what you're missing here is that she'll never be a GOP candidate again.   She turned out to be an embarrassing albatross when they tried it the first time, and second chances are rare in politics following such a high-profile failure.  Plus, as time goes on, she can rely less and less on novelty and sex appeal to fuel what popularity she had.  Then there's the whole fact that she quit her only executive position to work in reality TV.  Even in these Orwellian times, that fact is really damning in its baldness.

 

Don't get me wrong, if the national mood takes an even darker turn, the GOP could end up winning by running a dead squirrel.  But they will run that squirrel before going back to Palin's well again.

post #185 of 225

who do you think will take the GOP Nom? 

post #186 of 225

Don't know.  Someone who doesn't have the stigma of dragging down the only national campaign they've ever been attached to.

 

I'd love it if Palin got the nomination.  It would be conceding defeat before the race even started.  But it's not happening.

post #187 of 225

I don't know Schwartz, the nomination process on the GOP side is pretty skewed towards insane white men. I hope you're right, though.

post #188 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickP View Post

who do you think will take the GOP Nom? 



No one knows, man. There's no real way to know at this point. At this point in the election cycle back in 2007 I think nearly everyone with a working brain had their bets on Hillary Clinton to not only easily grab the Democratic nomination, but also cruise into the White House on a wave of anti-Bush sentiment. There are going to be things that happen, both in the primaries and general election, that no pundit or political aficionado will ever predict. I mean, just a month and a half ago Donald Trump was, according to the polls,  the leading contender for the GOP nomination. That should tell you all you need to know about how serious any polls or speculation at this point should be taken.

 

Shit Happens. No one here or anywhere can claim with any certitude to know who the next President of the United States is going to be, or even who the Republicans will choose as their candidate. Any speculation at this point is really no more than conjecture.

post #189 of 225

Got to be some names in the mix though, right now.  Over the years, I've been atleast able to come up with a couple names that are strong possibilties, right now though, not so much.

 

post #190 of 225

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoubt View Post

I don't know Schwartz, the nomination process on the GOP side is pretty skewed towards insane white men. I hope you're right, though.


I still think the GOP leadership, disorganized as it has been lately, is savvy enough to realize that we saw Palin's best shot in 08, and it was a fucking joke. 

 

I don't know, if someone can name me one reason why her prospects in 2012 would be any better than last time, maybe it'll strike some fear in me.  But now, all I see is 10 reasons why they're even worse.  Plus I'm not convinced she's actually interested in the office itself.

 

post #191 of 225

Romney's arguably the strongest. Herman Cain is getting a lot of attention right now,  as well as a some favorable polling numbers. Ron Paul also seems to be setting himself up for another intellectually honest, yet politically futile run through the primaries.


But really, who cares? Were you planning on voting for any of them?

post #192 of 225

Have never voted Republican, but it's still good to be aware of one's opponent. 

 

Have always rooted for the Packers, but I keep up the Bears and Vikings just as much.

post #193 of 225

If I understood sports I would continue to mix metaphors with you, but I honestly feel that trying to predict what the presidential election of 2012 is going to be like at this point is nothing short of a masturbatory waste of time.

 

 

post #194 of 225

Giuliani as the lead Republican contender. Bank on it.

post #195 of 225

"Gonna take you to the bank, Senator. The blood bank." 

post #196 of 225

Giuliani's whole speech:

 

September 11!

 

September 11!

 

*Fart noise*

post #197 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLassiter View Post

If I understood sports I would continue to mix metaphors with you, but I honestly feel that trying to predict what the presidential election of 2012 is going to be like at this point is nothing short of a masturbatory waste of time.

 

 


Mr.Lassiter, meet the Internet. Internet, this is Mr. Lassiter.
post #198 of 225

I'm sorry, did you say something? I was busy reading celebrity twitters and watching Grey's Anatomy shipper videos on Youtube.

post #199 of 225

Part of me hopes Palin will run because she doesn't have a snowball's chance.  The other part of me wants her to disappear from the public eye entirely because she reminds me of everything I don't like about my own country. She makes me sad.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickP View Post

Nothing is impossible.  Just ask the people of California.  Who would have thought, an actor from Austria would have been Governor.  Just saying, stranger things have happened.

 



I don't know where you were living in 2003, sir, but I am nearly one hundred percent certain that you weren't living in California.  Calling Schwarzenegger's election a circus was being too generous. His only competition was from people like Larry Flynt and Garry Coleman. For fuck's sake a big fat white guy ran in a diaper. I think I saw a homeless man in Humboldt with a "vote for me" sign.

 

 

 

post #200 of 225

In line at a Rite Aid yesterday, a guy in a Caltrans vest at the next checkstand suddenly started talking about how it's so unfair that Palin is given a hard time by the press and how she's the only politician who tells it like it is. He was talking really loudly, so the whole store could hear. He called Palin a "real Statue of Liberty lady". I felt like asking him what the fuck that means, but I honestly thought he would go nuts Naked Subway Guy style if anyone said anything bad about her. The employee ringing him up was just smiling and nodding like she was dealing with a mentally defective person (she barely said anything, so it's not like they were having a conversation about politics or anything. It was just random unsolicited opinion he wanted to get off his chest). I wonder how many of her male fans are overzealous, smitten retards like this?

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Political Discourse
CHUD.com Community › Forums › POLITICS & RELIGION › Political Discourse › Sarah Palin: Going Rogue!