or Connect
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Movie Miscellany › Fan theories that are Insane/awesome/valid
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fan theories that are Insane/awesome/valid - Page 10

post #451 of 545
Fan theory that is confirmed: Jack didn't have to die. The Mythbusters have done the science.
post #452 of 545

No shock there.  I always had her pegged as self-centered.  After all, what kind of person spends their last living moment dreaming of a one-night stand from decades ago...instead of her husband, THE FATHER OF HER CHILDREN, whom she spent most of her life with?!?

 

Jack should have pushed her off the wood and drowned her ass.

post #453 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasor View Post

Fan theory that is confirmed: Jack didn't have to die. The Mythbusters have done the science.

I think they really got that myth busting wrong. Can two people "balance" on a door, with a lot of effort? Yes. Can they do it and keep enough of their body out of the water to not go hypothermic, and lose their grip on that door and then drown? No, I don't believe they can.
post #454 of 545
Quote:
It's been a long time since I've watched Firefly, but does the show's universe allow for Fray's future Earth?

 

I can't remember but I think Firefly is actually supposed to take place after the events of Fray.

post #455 of 545
post #456 of 545

Oh shit... Pai Mei snatched his eye and his Jheri curl!

post #457 of 545
Probably with one strike. When Pai Mei rolls, he rolls deep.
post #458 of 545

Loki: Agent of Odin!

 

Looked at objectively, Loki is an incompetent buffoon who "lacks conviction" in Avengers. However, Loki was operating "undercover" during the events of that film, acting on orders from Odin himself!

 

Seems that Odin had gotten word of some malevolent force out there in the cosmos, contacted and reconciled with Loki on the sly, then had Loki contact the Chitari and Thanos. The whole scheme was intended to gather the super=powered champions of Earth as The Avengers to 1) drive back the Chitari 2) draw out Thanos.

 

What else explains Loki's actions? He admits his plan is to get the Avengers assembled so he can destroy them, but that's just stupid.

 

Also, Loki has a "glowstick of Destiny" which could defeat the Avengers, yet he leaves it behind rather than use it to blast Thor at a crucial moment!

 

 

Yes I think we'll see in Thor 2 that Loki was the secret force for Good all along! Sure there was some collateral damage along the way, but hey Asgardians are a Warrior race!

post #459 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Harford View Post


I think they really got that myth busting wrong. Can two people "balance" on a door, with a lot of effort? Yes. Can they do it and keep enough of their body out of the water to not go hypothermic, and lose their grip on that door and then drown? No, I don't believe they can.


Did you actually watch the video? They're both mostly out of the water and not expending any effort to balance themselves.

post #460 of 545
In Batman Begins, the elderly socialite at Wayne's party who introduces him to Ras Al Gul is in fact a member of the league of shadows, playing a small but critical role in that evening's plot.
post #461 of 545

Ha.  That one works because the scene is so unnaturally staged.  She asks if he's met Ras Al Ghul.  He says audibly "That's not Ras Al Ghul", to which she has no response,  despite raising a whole lot of questions in someone's mind, you'd think.  Then she just sort of drifts off hoping no one remembers she was there.

 

I was rather 'wtf' about that when I first saw it.

 

("Script not very good"  is still my favoured explanation when all said and done though)

post #462 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzman View Post

Ha.  That one works because the scene is so unnaturally staged.  She asks if he's met Ras Al Ghul.  He says audibly "That's not Ras Al Ghul", to which she has no response,  despite raising a whole lot of questions in someone's mind, you'd think.  Then she just sort of drifts off hoping no one remembers she was there.

 

I was rather 'wtf' about that when I first saw it.

 

("Script not very good"  is still my favoured explanation when all said and done though)

My thoughts exactly! The way she just sort of shuffles off, as if to say "My job here is done", when by all rights under normal circumstances she should have had follow up questions given Bruce's  reaction, it says to me she was there to play a role at that precise moment. Or that the script hadn't quite figured that whole scene out, as you say.

post #463 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Harford View Post

My thoughts exactly! The way she just sort of shuffles off, as if to say "My job here is done", when by all rights under normal circumstances she should have had follow up questions given Bruce's  reaction, it says to me she was there to play a role at that precise moment. Or that the script hadn't quite figured that whole scene out, as you say.

I always liked the idea of the League trying to set up that weird beat. 

 

"Ok Jim, when we're in you pretend you're Ra's to that woman, but only when you're stood near Wayne. Then when she tries to introduce you to him IT'LL BLOW HIS MIND!"

post #464 of 545
What I want to know is who invited the League of Shadows to Bruce Wayne's birthday party? I mean, Jesus.
post #465 of 545

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muzman View Post

Ha.  That one works because the scene is so unnaturally staged.  She asks if he's met Ras Al Ghul.  He says audibly "That's not Ras Al Ghul", to which she has no response,  despite raising a whole lot of questions in someone's mind, you'd think.  Then she just sort of drifts off hoping no one remembers she was there.

 

It's because she was of the generation that knew when "MEN were talking". She was probably disappointed that she didn't get a Connery slap on the ass on her way out.

post #466 of 545

Jason Bourne and all the 'assets' he fights are Highlanders. The Series-style, with Watchers and everything.

post #467 of 545
I'm not sure where to put this theory so I'll put it here.

In my own twisted world the script Charley Kaufman's twin brother was writing in the movie Adaptation got produced, went through several rewrites and eventually emerged as the movie Identity
post #468 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim K View Post

I'm not sure where to put this theory so I'll put it here.
In my own twisted world the script Charley Kaufman's twin brother was writing in the movie Adaptation got produced, went through several rewrites and eventually emerged as the movie Identity

I'll see your Identity and raise you a move actually called Thr3e...

 

Innocent lives hang on the whim of an elusive psychopathic murderer whose strange riddles and impossible timelines force three people into a mission to end the game before one or all of them die.

 

All that's missing from the description is whether there's a chase scene involving the killer on a horse and the cop on a motorcycle, y'know, showing the struggle between technology...and horse.

post #469 of 545

The M code-name tradition in the Bond series started in the 19th century because of fabled government agent Mycroft Holmes.
 

post #470 of 545

Alan Moore agrees with you.

post #471 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomTastic View Post

Alan Moore agrees with you.


I thought he used Moriarty?

post #472 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Hughes View Post


I thought he used Moriarty?

Mycroft Holmes replaced Moriarty in League II.
post #473 of 545

Jenny died of AIDS in Forrest Gump. It's the mid-80s, and Jenny has a "virus" that the "doctors don't know what it is and there's nothing they can do about it." Throw in her IV drug use and you've got AIDS. As Jenny died of AIDS, therefore both Forrest and Little Forrest have AIDS. Ergo, everyone at the end of Forrest Gump has AIDS.

post #474 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

Jenny died of AIDS in Forrest Gump. It's the mid-80s, and Jenny has a "virus" that the "doctors don't know what it is and there's nothing they can do about it." Throw in her IV drug use and you've got AIDS. As Jenny died of AIDS, therefore both Forrest and Little Forrest have AIDS. Ergo, everyone at the end of Forrest Gump has AIDS.

You sick fuck! Even Lt. Dan!?

post #475 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Pants View Post

You sick fuck! Even Lt. Dan!?

 

Not a lot to do when you're on a shrimp boat all day besides play chess and screw. And Forrest suck at chess.

post #476 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

Jenny died of AIDS in Forrest Gump. It's the mid-80s, and Jenny has a "virus" that the "doctors don't know what it is and there's nothing they can do about it." Throw in her IV drug use and you've got AIDS. As Jenny died of AIDS, therefore both Forrest and Little Forrest have AIDS. Ergo, everyone at the end of Forrest Gump has AIDS.


That would explain Little Forrest's uncomfortable visit with Walker, Texas Ranger:

post #477 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Pants View Post

You sick fuck! Even Lt. Dan!?

 

No, no... remember the line? "But you ain't got no AIDS Lt. Dan."

 

At least I think that's what he said.

post #478 of 545

Yeah, but then he got Magic AIDS at the end.

post #479 of 545

Special Category:Insane Theories Based on Naive Readings of Film.

I had a girlfriend who didn't believe that Jenny had AIDS. They never say it's AIDS; just a virus. 

Also: had a roommate who suggested that Humbert was never actually screwing Delores in Kubrick's "Loltia" since all that business happens off-screen.

post #480 of 545

Equal part Insane and Awesome

 

sD5i3kg.jpg

post #481 of 545
Jurassic Park

Dr. Ian Malcolm and Dr. Ellie Sattler's brief torrid love affair began on the island. Always seemed that way to me.

Jenny totally had AIDS.
post #482 of 545

I've always thought that the Terminator movies and the Matrix movies existed in the same universe and that The Matrix was Skynet's Final Solution in taking over humanity and that the Agents were the next step in Terminator technology.

 

Is there anything in the Matrix movies and the Animatrix that contradicts that?
 

post #483 of 545
I don't know of any instance in the Matrix series where a clear picture of the A.I.'s hierarchical structure is given, let alone the name of the entity or entities at the top. The Oracle, the Architect, and the Merovingian clearly have some pull within the Matrix itself, but how machine society organizes itself outside of the human farms seems to be completely mysterious (probably just because it's outside the scope of the series' interests).

However, the Animatrix tells an origin story which differs significantly from the narrative of the Terminator franchise. In what is presented as a retelling of the history straight from Zion's archives, humanity fired the first shots when robots threatened to make human labor obsolete. The war was initially one of human aggression against friendly A.I., in which humanity simply bit off more than it could chew.

There's room for a crossover between the Terminator and Matrix franchises only if certain conditions are true: the history that Kyle Reese tells Sarah Connor in The Terminator *or* the history presented in The Animatrix contain inaccuracies, *and* Kyle Reese was mistaken about John Connor having brought the war to a successful end before the Terminators were launched into the past. If the Animatrix's history is true, then the end of Terminator 3, in which Skynet launches its war of aggression, cannot be canon (which would be a shame, because I liked how the third movie solved Terminator 2's "Go back in time and kill Hitler" paradox.)

_
Edited by Reasor - 3/9/13 at 5:29pm
post #484 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Pants View Post

Equal part Insane and Awesome

 

sD5i3kg.jpg


If Coulson comes back in the TV show or Avengers 2, I'm calling this the best theory I've read yet.

 

Hell, even if he doesn't come back, THIS IS THE BEST THEORY EVER.

post #485 of 545

My first experience with having a CONVICTION that a personal theory was correct was after watching Matrix: RELOADED....  

 

After Neo stops the sentinels and blacks out, I walked out of that theater 100% CONVINCED that I was watching the set-up of a complete work of genius, and that REVOLUTIONS would reveal Neo waking up in a white room with Kubrick 2001-like decor strapped into a computer with no creepy insect-like machines, a nice blue sky outside and just rows and rows of people plugged in next to him, and realize he was the first person to ACTUALLY get out.

 

Zion was the back-up program for people who started to reject the Matrix; they EVEN set it up in the original film by stating that humans define their reality through suffering, hence why a paradise was always rejected and instead they gave us 1990s-era metropolis with all the piss, shit and boring cubicle work just so we'd think it was "real."

 

For those who even THAT isn't shitty enough for them to believe it, they let them think they "get out" and instead give them an even SHITTIER existence, with crap food, bad clothes, having to live underground... it's a horrible existence in Zion... WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY THEY ACCEPT THAT IT MUST BE REAL.

 

I'm telling you, I was COMPLETELY convinced that's what they were going for.   I've never been more disappointed by a film since... well, until Prometheus.

post #486 of 545

The Princess Brice is a prequel to Robin Hood Men in Tights. Wesley gives up the title of DPR. After Buttercup dies from the plague he longs for something to live for and  joins the crusades under the name of a dead family member Robin of Locksley. Not wanting his captures to know he is a king.

post #487 of 545
Death Proof is the sequel to Hooper. Ski, Jan-Michael Vincent's character, disappears from Hollywood and becomes the serial killer Stuntman Mike. Ski had women troubles because of his profession, which would explain Stuntman Mike's MO.
post #488 of 545

Re-Animator takes place in the Puppet Master series. Herbert West discovered Andre Toulon's formula and possibly the work the Nazi's had made as well. He then perfected it (almost) to be used on humans. Both life giving elixirs are green, but West's has a glow to it due to the modifications he made to the formula. 

post #489 of 545

The Stranger from The Big Lebowski and The Cowboy from Mulholland Drive are the same entity. 

post #490 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Olmos View Post
 

My first experience with having a CONVICTION that a personal theory was correct was after watching Matrix: RELOADED....  

 

After Neo stops the sentinels and blacks out, I walked out of that theater 100% CONVINCED that I was watching the set-up of a complete work of genius, and that REVOLUTIONS would reveal Neo waking up in a white room with Kubrick 2001-like decor strapped into a computer with no creepy insect-like machines, a nice blue sky outside and just rows and rows of people plugged in next to him, and realize he was the first person to ACTUALLY get out.

 

Zion was the back-up program for people who started to reject the Matrix; they EVEN set it up in the original film by stating that humans define their reality through suffering, hence why a paradise was always rejected and instead they gave us 1990s-era metropolis with all the piss, shit and boring cubicle work just so we'd think it was "real."

 

For those who even THAT isn't shitty enough for them to believe it, they let them think they "get out" and instead give them an even SHITTIER existence, with crap food, bad clothes, having to live underground... it's a horrible existence in Zion... WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY THEY ACCEPT THAT IT MUST BE REAL.

 

I'm telling you, I was COMPLETELY convinced that's what they were going for.   I've never been more disappointed by a film since... well, until Prometheus.

 

Oh, that's a good one. Before REVOLUTIONS came out, someone claimed that the date shown before Neo's phone call at the end of the first MATRIX matches the timeframe given in RELOADED. Meaning that Neo's speech is actually the ending of the entire trilogy and we might see it from another POV, and then see what happens afterwards.

 

Quote:
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. 

 

Add that the film's name would be REVOLUTIONS. For fuck's sakes, talk about disappointment.

post #491 of 545

Just to connect things closer to some of the comics. When Bane gets kicked out of the League of Shadows he joins the League of Assassins. Then when he joins forces with Talia sometime later their organization becomes Leviathan. 

post #492 of 545
There's the theory that all Pixar movies are in the same universe, that the old witch in brave is boo from monsters inc all from up looking for sully but I think this is well known
post #493 of 545

The Pixar one I read was the Spell in Brave leads to everything gaining sentient life forgot where I read it

post #494 of 545
post #495 of 545
Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese were the prototypes for Rose and Jack. And The Terminator is the product of man's technological arrogance that brings about their ruin ala the Titanic. I like to think that Sarah's boyfriend on the answering machine who stands her up is Cal Hockley's decendant..
post #496 of 545

I have a theory about game creepypasta. i say that the kid that gave tom, a guy who played some haunted games, i say that kid is ben! ben played starfox6664 and then sonic.exe and was so frightened he jumped in a lake because he  knew that sonic can't swim but he drowned as a curse he curse another game ben drowned which was later given to another to play and after that it seems to hope from creepypasta game to game.

post #497 of 545

Synecdoche New York:

 

Caden is a futuristic Oskar Schindler.  

 

There is never any definitive time period attributed to the movie, but by the end it seems as if Caden and co are existing in a future America where shit has gone downhill.  There's a dystopian aspect that gets lost in the discussion of the movie, especially the scene where Caden is sitting in his room alone listening to the protests/gunfire.  Anyway, Caden foresees this development in America and gets funding from an anonymous donor to create a location where thousands of people can work, survive, and live w/o any fear of the dystopic society that they exist in.  The "play" Caden creates throughout the movie isn't as much a grand statement on art as it is sanctuary for thousands of "extras."  As the years go by, Caden lets more and more people in to his safehouse.  However, unlike the relatively happy ending of Schindler's List, Synecdoche NY ends with the complete destruction of his sanctuary, the deaths of all of the extras, and eventually the death of Caden.  

 

So, maybe the proper definition for Caden is wannabe Oskar Schindler. 


Edited by Costco Mike - 10/27/13 at 10:17am
post #498 of 545

Thia might be in here already somewhere.

 

In the insane pile there's apparently quite a few people who like to think Martha in Martha Marcy May Marlene  Spoils spoils spoils.

 

..is not a recovering cult abuse victim but a sleeper agent for the cult instead, and about to go all Manchurian Candidate on her sister and family shortly after the end credits roll.

This is basically only because the cult boys don't try to forcibly take off the street when they first find her or anything a normal movie would do, and not a lot else.

Intriguing, but likely the product of a lot of kids being forced to watch a lot of convoluted thriller writing and shakey plot logic.  That's the real corruption in our present day media.

post #499 of 545

Death Machine (1994) is a prequel to Hardware (1990).  Both are about out of control killing machines in a building and the director of Death Machine was a robot technician on Hardware.  The Hardman project is what eventually led to the creation of the Mark IV.

post #500 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by avoideverything View Post

Death Machine (1994) is a prequel to Hardware (1990).  Both are about out of control killing machines in a building and the director of Death Machine was a robot technician on Hardware.  The Hardman project is what eventually led to the creation of the Mark IV.
I'd forgotten about Death Machine and I approve of this lol. I also read somewhere that Hardware takes place in the same universe as Judge Dredd..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Movie Miscellany
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Movie Miscellany › Fan theories that are Insane/awesome/valid