or Connect
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › CHUD.COM Main › THE REAL REASON YOU MIGHT SEE DRIVE ANGRY 3D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE REAL REASON YOU MIGHT SEE DRIVE ANGRY 3D

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
by Renn Brown: link

It ain't tits or Cage.
post #2 of 18

This is starting to feel too much like Shoot 'Em Up.  That's not a good thing.  You're right.  Fichtner looks to be the only enjoyable part of this.

post #3 of 18

Shot in 3D!

 

No it fucking wasn't. And if it was, someone really fucked up because I watched the 3D trailer for this and it was the most awkward, pop-up book looking 3D I've ever seen.

 

Nonetheless I'll probably watch it.

post #4 of 18

Clicked the link from the forum and just, somehow, I knew it'd be about Fichtner. What I loved more was him bopping his head and humming a song while he so gleefully rained hell down upon the cops. He needs to be in more movies. I mean, for his few scenes, even Ultraviolet was bearable...

post #5 of 18

Bill Fichtner has been the #1 draw for me in the movie. I've been hoping that his villain role is pretty big, and that more directors take notice of him from seeing him in Drive Angry and give him leading man roles. I still don't understand why he's been so underutilized for so long. It's his time!

post #6 of 18

He's Confederated Products!  He's a different company... he's a different quality of product!!!

post #7 of 18

 

 

The director begs to differ, Stelios!

 

Drive Angry: Patrick Lussier Talks the Benefits of Shooting in 3D ...

 

 

The problem with conversion is that it tends to be a little pop-up-book," he explains to MTV. "For "Drive Angry," we've got these great cars in the film — a '69 Charger, a '71 Chevelle — and the lines of those cars, to try and post-convert, you'd never get all of the depth and the beauty of those machines. Shooting in 3D, you get all the angles of the cars and you feel like you're in it with Nic Cage behind the wheel."

He continues, [Drive Angry] "is totally shot in 3D. We have 3D cameras out from Paradise FX, which are working brilliantly. We're shooting 3D every day. We're watching all our 3D effects on every single shot as we shoot."

 

At least he's trying. Might not be worth shit, but we'll see.  

post #8 of 18

Really hoping this is so retarded it ends up being glorious.  Everything I've seen so far points to this being the case.

post #9 of 18

Going full retard only works if it isn't winking (Torque) or if it's genuinely clever and transgressive (Crank). Like nooj said, Shoot 'Em Up is a good example of what this might turn out to be instead. Dumb without the What The Fuck factor is just dumb.

 

I eagerly await when this comes out, is a piece of shit, and people accuse those who see that as "hating fun".

post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelouboyle View Post

 

 

The director begs to differ, Stelios!

 

Drive Angry: Patrick Lussier Talks the Benefits of Shooting in 3D ...

 

 

The problem with conversion is that it tends to be a little pop-up-book," he explains to MTV. "For "Drive Angry," we've got these great cars in the film — a '69 Charger, a '71 Chevelle — and the lines of those cars, to try and post-convert, you'd never get all of the depth and the beauty of those machines. Shooting in 3D, you get all the angles of the cars and you feel like you're in it with Nic Cage behind the wheel."

He continues, [Drive Angry] "is totally shot in 3D. We have 3D cameras out from Paradise FX, which are working brilliantly. We're shooting 3D every day. We're watching all our 3D effects on every single shot as we shoot."

 

At least he's trying. Might not be worth shit, but we'll see.  



He fucked up then. Or somehow the trailer I watched was fucked up.

post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Ripoll View Post

Going full retard only works if it isn't winking (Torque) or if it's genuinely clever and transgressive (Crank). Like nooj said, Shoot 'Em Up is a good example of what this might turn out to be instead. Dumb without the What The Fuck factor is just dumb.

 

I eagerly await when this comes out, is a piece of shit, and people accuse those who see that as "hating fun".


Nick Cage fully clothed, smoking a cigar while some chick fucks him, saying "I never disrobe before a gunfight" is pretty WTF-worthy.  I guess we'll see. 

post #12 of 18

Crazy Cage, Our own fellow chewer...Rene (Mr.Eko) as brilliantly portrayed by William Fichtner, Muscle Cars, Amber Heard...Shot in 3D,  Crazy Cage shooting guys while he is really...Into Amber, car chases, Big and Bigger Guns, all Shot in...3D!  There are so many reasons to see Drive Angry Shot In 3D!

post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelios View Post

He fucked up then. Or somehow the trailer I watched was fucked up.



Abort! Physics aren't on your side!

post #14 of 18

duke fleed, I agree. This is a movie that seems to have been an idea for a movie that Samuel Z. Arkoff or William Castle would have dreamt up of back in the 70's. The title alone is something a dingy drive-in movie would have acquired at some point in it's life on the circuit.

 

In other words it's going to be a damn fine time at the movies.

post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renn Brown View Post



Abort! Physics aren't on your side!



Never! Physics are are for pussies anyway.

 

Seriously though, the 3D in the trailer looked really bad. Especially compared with the Sanctum trailer that followed.

post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan C.B. View Post
 
Nick Cage fully clothed, smoking a cigar while some chick fucks him, saying "I never disrobe before a gunfight" is pretty WTF-worthy.  I guess we'll see. 


 

Except that it's a rip-off of a scene from Shoot 'Em Up, and it was shot with no verve at all. I even love the Raveneottes and didn't like that scene. It feels like yet another forced attempt at making a cult film, without any of the true madness or imagination that makes real cult film great.

 

I hope I'm proven wrong, because I'd love nothing more than to have a truly crazy and unique experience in theaters this year, but going on what I've seen so far it looks like a disappointment.

post #17 of 18

Rene (Mr.Eko), Speaking of...70's era directors, Hal Needham, could have directed a film like this too.

 

Patrick Ripoll, Desperado has a similar scene as well. I...Loved...Shoot Em Up! No question for me, it is...Clive Owen's, Best film.

 

Renn Brown, I...Love the clip of the, Gleeful destruction committed by W. Fichtner!

post #18 of 18

As someone who has seen the movie I can tell you that Fichtner is the real deal here. His character, The Accountant, is amazing. He gets a lot of screen time and uses every frame in glorious fashion. That scene in the clip is really the only part in the movie where the CGI is obvious (there's another scene on a bridge where you can tell, but it's such a great scene you really don't mind). The rest of the stunts all looked like they were done practically and are fucking insane. Again, I can't praise this movie enough. It's very silly, but it revels in the absurd, doesn't do it in a "winking" way and is just an absolute ton of fun!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: CHUD.COM Main
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › CHUD.COM Main › THE REAL REASON YOU MIGHT SEE DRIVE ANGRY 3D