or Connect
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Television › "Official" Game Of Thrones Discussion for those who have read the books.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Official" Game Of Thrones Discussion for those who have read the books. - Page 15

post #701 of 4238

Going off on random tangents. Digging up old wounds. Bad habit. Carry on.

post #702 of 4238

the rightful king of Westeros

 

post #703 of 4238

Mellisandre really is an interesting character in the books. We aren't sure what exactly she is or what she wants. 

 

They sorta hint that she's backing the wrong horse though. Maester Aemon and the High Priest of her religion (in ADWD) are convinced that Dany is the Chosen One instead.

post #704 of 4238
Liam Cunningham plus Stephen Dillane equals fuck yeah!
post #705 of 4238

 

 

 

 

post #706 of 4238

Cool! I really like the Greyjoy video - almost all of it is new footage.

post #707 of 4238

definitely didn't expect to see this in a promo video

 

9EkYf.jpg

 

Again, watch what you say in the first few words of your post since they end up in the topic previews.

post #708 of 4238

Iron Islanders, I assume? Not that you could possibly tell what was going on there unless you had read the books. And even then it took me a minute.

 

In other news, I missed this back when it happened, but apparently Gregor Clegane has been recast? There seems to be some confusion as to why. Conan Stevens (yes, Conan) says they just didn't approach him for S2, which is kind of weird. The theory floating around is that he was a bad enough actor that they felt they needed someone else for the scenes where he actually had to talk.

post #709 of 4238
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prankster View Post

Iron Islanders, I assume? Not that you could possibly tell what was going on there unless you had read the books. And even then it took me a minute.


Look closer at the picture. They're in front of the banners.

 

post #710 of 4238
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prankster View Post

In other news, I missed this back when it happened, but apparently Gregor Clegane has been recast? There seems to be some confusion as to why. Conan Stevens (yes, Conan) says they just didn't approach him for S2, which is kind of weird. The theory floating around is that he was a bad enough actor that they felt they needed someone else for the scenes where he actually had to talk.


I don't know if I believe Conan's part of the story. The official story when the role was recast was that Conan Stevens could not participate in Season 2 due to scheduling conflicts, due to being cast in 'The Hobbit'. (and the 'Spartacus' series) So presumably Conan had opted for the big movie role.

 

Now that apparently his Hobbit work is done (or is it?), he is now making it known that they didn't seem to want him for season 2. But I don't buy it. But perhaps the truth is somewhere in between.

post #711 of 4238

Oof. Yeah, I totally didn't get that. There was some talk about how they thought maybe Bran's storyline from book 2 was going to be stretched out to next season, but apparently not. Which is cause for some consternation, since "Reek" apparently hasn't been cast, so it sounds like there are some major changes under way. I'm guessing the whole Reek storyline is moved to S3 in order to give Theon something to do.

post #712 of 4238

Wait, what? How is Reek not cast? And they can't do Reek in Season three, it has too many Bolton requirements.

post #713 of 4238

It's been a topic of discussion on GoT websites for a while now. Reek was never included on any of the cast lists released to the public; if he was cast, they kept it secret for some reason (I suppose it could be a function of keeping his true identity a secret?). Also missing are the Reeds and Catelyn's brother, uncle and father (I can't remember if her dad's in book two).

post #714 of 4238

Her uncle didn't show up at the Aerie last season, either. I guess there it would have been one bit of information too much to process, but it is kinda weird that none of the Tullys are showing up.

post #715 of 4238

I think the plan is to have Robb haul Jaime around with his entourage rather than leaving him chained up at Riverrun, thus allowing the character to have more scenes this season, but also meaning that the Tullys aren't really going to figure into the story yet. I think this is the season where they have to be a bit brutal about trimming the extra characters (which is a major factor in the budget).

 

I think we're going to get a lot of Catelyn-Jaime scenes this season, to help develop their relationship and set the stage for Jaime's future plotline. I predict that Jaime's going to reveal his big secret about what happened in King Aerys's last hours and why he killed him to Catelyn. Besides helping develop Jaime more as a character, it helps make Catelyn's decision to trust him more believable. And of course it's the most logical way for that particular plot twist to come out.

post #716 of 4238

Plus it pays off beautifully further down the line with the Lady Stoneheart storyline, which is just perfect. What I love about the series is that they're setting up all these things that'll pay off later (Such as Jamie, Theon...though some of his scenes were a bit exposition heavy) wonderfully. 

 

 

As for Reek, I guess they figured whoever they casted would have to sit out the next few seasons, so why not introduce him later? In fact, I can see them running into that conflict with a ton of these characters (we won't be seeing the Manderly's until they play into the plot, for instance). Though Roose Bolton himself has been cast, which leads me to believe that the character who marches up and kills Ser Roderick won't be Ramsay, but ROOSE himself. As for who influences Theon to kill those two innocent boys...the iron men, perhaps? Would work better showing how his people are a negative influence on him. Or perhaps they'll have Theon himself decide to kill those boys. 

 

Oh, and my prediction is that Bran will encounter the Reeds en route TO the Wall. 

post #717 of 4238

 

SPOILER SPACE FOR SAFETIES SAKE

 

The Night is dark and full of terrors.

 

Dillane looks good!  But I must say I'm fucking giddy about Liam Cunningham. He is exactly how I imagined him!  SQUEEE


Edited by Codename - 3/22/12 at 7:50am
post #718 of 4238
post #719 of 4238

post #720 of 4238

A1Y9c.jpg

post #721 of 4238

tumblr_m1cignjwzk1r9h4heo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1332616775&Signature=FfVPLWx12LMF%2BJmyWeP41Dy%2B70E%3D

post #722 of 4238

Oh my, Ygritte. I don't know anything, can you teach it to me?

post #723 of 4238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph P. Brenner View Post

A1Y9c.jpg



That's Ygritte?  She looks way...cleaner than she should.  

post #724 of 4238

She also looks more Reese Witherspoony than she should.

post #725 of 4238

More new character pics:

tumblr_m1cmm2Q3xg1r9h4heo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1332632005&Signature=cKrqKQlTi3Cjjrbw4VC3%2FsDqcfs%3Dtumblr_m1cmgfQLnI1r9h4heo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1332632025&Signature=EWz8FVODssKJ%2FPF1JNTdDHuy12U%3Dtumblr_m1cmd5ndDy1r9h4heo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1332632051&Signature=yUp5Qamcibue51CQcEsfZt%2BPrEg%3D

post #726 of 4238

I want to kiss the fire.......

post #727 of 4238

Man, Davos is definitely gonna be the new fan favorite among those who haven't read the books. It'll be the underdog quality. Poor guy almost dies every book!

post #728 of 4238

HNvwE.jpg

Skeltor-With-Correct-Staff.jpg


Edited by Joseph P. Brenner - 3/25/12 at 12:42pm
post #729 of 4238
post #730 of 4238

Rattleshirt! Whoo-hoo!

 

I have no idea why I love this character so much. He doesn't really do anything and he's kind of a tool. Yet, for some reason, I'm dying to see him on screen. I guess just because he'll look cool. He's the Boba Fett of GoT!

post #731 of 4238

They posted the official version of the weapons video from before.

 

post #732 of 4238

I wonder how they're going to handle Davos' finger issue. Green screen? Or very clever 'let's not show his hand in very many shots'. Removing a hand is one thing and can look kinda reasonable, taking off the top joints seems a little harder to work around. Either way, he looks almost spot on how I imagined he would, maybe a little fatter but it's all good.

post #733 of 4238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Happenin View Post

I wonder how they're going to handle Davos' finger issue. Green screen? Or very clever 'let's not show his hand in very many shots'. Removing a hand is one thing and can look kinda reasonable, taking off the top joints seems a little harder to work around. Either way, he looks almost spot on how I imagined he would, maybe a little fatter but it's all good.


Gloves, it's really that simple. Notice how he's always wearing gloves in every shot.

 

Liam Cunningham has also talked about how much his fingers ache when he as to uncurl them after each day of shooting.

post #734 of 4238

post #735 of 4238

 

post #736 of 4238

Dolourous Edd! Whoot!

 

Odd that there's no Brienne, Asha/Yara, or Qarth characters in the "new faces", but I guess they all come along a little later in the season and they didn't want to give that much away.

 

Also odd: the Fist of the First Men just looks like a hill. Maybe they haven't added the CGI yet?

post #737 of 4238

I think they don't want to spoil the Brienne and Asha/Yara character introductions. Both are great moments, so it makes sense to keep those characters under wraps.

post #738 of 4238
post #739 of 4238

Yeah, some great pic there. My favs:

68981509.jpg68981405.jpg68981414.jpg

post #740 of 4238
post #741 of 4238

Just thought it was interesting that Ian Whyte (The Mountain in season 2) and Conan Stevens (Azog in The Hobbit) are playing important roles in two big geek properties this year.

 

KsN1M.jpg

 

post #742 of 4238

My brother got tickets to an advance screening of the premiere in Atlanta so the bastard is taking my wife on a date to see episode one on this Wednesday.

I haven't even watched a preview for Season 2 yet so the real difficulty will be in keeping them from telling me anything/keeping myself from asking them anything until Sunday night. 

post #743 of 4238

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Prankster View Post

Rattleshirt! Whoo-hoo!

 

I have no idea why I love this character so much. He doesn't really do anything and he's kind of a tool. Yet, for some reason, I'm dying to see him on screen. I guess just because he'll look cool. He's the Boba Fett of GoT!


He's totally that one guy in every "undercover cop story" who totally sees through the protagonist's lies. (With Ygritte being the love interest that tests Jon's loyalties, Tormund Giantsbane being that guy that convinces Jon that wildings aren't all bad, etc. etc. etc.) Plus, the dude has a suit of armor MADE OF BONES. Expect to see a lot of "I'm on to you, Snow!" and "I don't trust that guy, Mance!" type scenes. 

 

post #744 of 4238

Which is hilarious, because I've often said Jon's plotline in book three is basically the fantasy world equivalent of Donnie Brasco.

post #745 of 4238


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prankster View Post

Which is hilarious, because I've often said Jon's plotline in book three is basically the fantasy world equivalent of Donnie Brasco.

 

Hey Jon. Jon Snow. Jon Snow? Remember me?


post #746 of 4238
post #747 of 4238
post #748 of 4238

a lot of new interviews

 

post #749 of 4238

Part of me is disappointed they're getting to Craster's Keep so fast. I'd rather they took their time with the building dread that comes from realizing that the land beyond the wall seems to be completely abandoned. But I suppose a single scene at Whitetree will probably be enough.

post #750 of 4238

They have to keep things moving, you should expect a lot more of the same during season 2 since they're even including early parts of book 3.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Television › "Official" Game Of Thrones Discussion for those who have read the books.