or Connect
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Television › NEW GIRL- Zooey deschanel's show
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW GIRL- Zooey deschanel's show - Page 9

post #401 of 420

We'll be sex fisting through--

 

"Who's that girl?"

 

Brilliant.

post #402 of 420

Jake Johnson has an incredible way of making lines that look like nothing on paper into the biggest laughs of an episode.

 

"You want to hear what your ex-boyfriend thinks you should do to get the guy?"

"No, I don't, that's super weird."

"Yeah, it's too weird, so somebody else?"

 

 

But a couple of close seconds:

 

"I rented Best Man Holiday.  You're not in it." 

 

"Do guys still like an LA face with an Oakland booty?"

post #403 of 420

Reviews online are a bit down on the episode, but I thought it was pretty great.  Good mash-up of the ensemble, and some hilarious jokes.

post #404 of 420

I liked Winston's Salt/Pepper bit, and then you hear Nick's tap shoes running away off camera. Once I realized what that sound was, I was roaring.

post #405 of 420

Is it rude to suggest that something looked really off about Deschanel's makeup in this episode? I'm no expert, can't put my finger on it.

post #406 of 420

Thought this episode felt like a return to form. Lots of laughs.

 

Much of last season coasted by on the abilities of the performers to salvage scenes, this felt like a more balanced effort.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
 

Is it rude to suggest that something looked really off about Deschanel's makeup in this episode? I'm no expert, can't put my finger on it.

 

I started to write something about how they seemed to make her less attractive this episode (older looking, maybe), but I wasn't sure if it was on purpose to make Jessica Biel even more attractive or if it was simply a side-effect of standing next to the extremely attractive Jessica Biel. 

post #407 of 420

Biel was terrific in the episode, by the way.  One note, but such an odd and specific note that it made me LOL more than once.

 

Her scowling the dude away from the men's room door should be the go-to .gif for expressing utter disdain for at least the next few months.

post #408 of 420

Biel is always a welcome sight to me. And not only for the obvious reasons.

post #409 of 420

"Are you Bidening?"

"How do you know about that?"

"I'll always be one step ahead of you."

post #410 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnDirtyApe View Post
 

I liked Winston's Salt/Pepper bit, and then you hear Nick's tap shoes running away off camera. Once I realized what that sound was, I was roaring.

The tap shoes were such a great running gag.

post #411 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
 

Is it rude to suggest that something looked really off about Deschanel's makeup in this episode? I'm no expert, can't put my finger on it.

 

I noticed the same thing.  I mean no offense by it, but she sort of looked like a guy in drag or something - at least that's the comment I made to my wife.

post #412 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd40 View Post
 

 

I noticed the same thing.  I mean no offense by it, but she sort of looked like a guy in drag or something

 

Eh. Still would.

post #413 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post

Jake Johnson has an incredible way of making lines that look like nothing on paper into the biggest laughs of an episode.

"You want to hear what your ex-boyfriend thinks you should do to get the guy?"
"No, I don't, that's super weird."
"Yeah, it's too weird, so somebody else?"


But a couple of close seconds:

"I rented Best Man Holiday.  You're not in it." 

"Do guys still like an LA face with an Oakland booty?"

I believe what she actually said was Oakland face with an LA booty, which is even funnier.
post #414 of 420

Schmidt's silent reactions to Jess after saving her from beard guy killed me.

post #415 of 420
Thread Starter 

Loved the whole Schmidt and Jess A-plot. The Taboo buzzer bit was great.

 

When Winston got the nickname Toilet, all I could think about was "Trashboat" from the Regular Show.

post #416 of 420

"That's Bah-bar, you DUM-DUM."

post #417 of 420

DTF = Darn-Tootin' Fun

post #418 of 420
As soon as she used DTF for darn tootin fun I knew things were going to end badly
post #419 of 420

"If pot were a piano, Nick would be a nine-year-old Chinese girl."

post #420 of 420
If you think for one minute I dont know how to open a musical.... I love that it was that thought that offended him.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Television › NEW GIRL- Zooey deschanel's show