So, last week I got a call from a job I applied for 4 weeks ago. I was asked to come in the next day to meet with the Marketing Manager to discuss my interest in the job and to see if I was a good fit. Interview went very well, and after showing him my portfolio and discussing my qualifications, he said that he was going to talk to the VP and get me in sometime next week for an interview. He also mentioned that he was going on vacation for the remainder of the week. This was Tuesday, btw.
Wednesday comes, and I get an email from the VP asking if I could come in either Thursday or Friday to meet with him. Met with him on Thursday and he was very nice. He then told me that he had two openings, and asked me what job I would be most interested in. After going over each job, I decided on continuing with the job I originally applied for. He told me that he just has to talk with the first guy I interviewed with, but since he was on vacation, he wouldn't be able to get back to me until Monday with his decision.
Now, today is Tuesday. Still haven't heard anything. I know the hiring process can take a long time, and the VP I met with is also a partial owner so I can just imagine how busy his schedule is. Also, with the Marketing Manger just getting back from vacation, he probably has loads to do to get caught up, not to mention this being a holiday week as well.
We talked about pay, benefits and the whole 9 yards when I met with the VP. They also made mention that I was the only one they are interviewing for this position right now, due to my background, education, and work history. He said that someone with my qualifications should have no problem getting right into the job. That this position normally takes 2 years to train for, but I should take less time all things considered.
So, should I just keep on waiting? Would a email be appropriate, or would that be a little bit pushy at this point. I am really excited for this job (hate my current job SO MUCH), and am just salivating at the chance to put my 2 week notice in. And that's also a concern, I figured by him having the interview with me late last week, that was a perfect way for me to give my notice, end my job here on a Friday, and start on a fresh week.