or Connect
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › CHUD.COM Main › SLY PUTS A PHOENIX IN THE EXPENDABLES 3 CAST
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SLY PUTS A PHOENIX IN THE EXPENDABLES 3 CAST

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
by Rene F. Rangel: link

Always bet on Snipes!
post #2 of 25

Rene F. Rangel, I think that Wes was a...Sharp addition to The Expendables 3!  Also, I think if Mad Mel is confirmed as Director, he should add a...Lethal...Gibson Girl, Rene Russo to the cast!  She is...THORoughly wasted as ODIN's Wife, in the still...MARVELous Superhero Film about The God Of Thunder!  I think Wes will have to be a...SNIPESer!  He will also share an affinity for...Edged weapons.  Maybe he could even by the brother of Hale Ceasar.  Maybe...Hearty Ceasar, so they can be...Hale and Hearty!

post #3 of 25

You know, I am perfectly okay with this. If he can get along, not make waves, and in general contain his brand of crazy, I am down with this.

post #4 of 25

Hell yes.

post #5 of 25

Hated Expendables 2, so my opinion might be questionable - but I see Snipes as excellent "main henchman" material (Snipes vs Statham would guarantee my ticket, as would Snipes vs Crews). I want me this much-discussed Nicholas Cage chief villain role...

post #6 of 25
This is crazy good news
post #7 of 25

Can't help but feel that no matter how hard Stallone tries to pay homage to  good old testosterone-fueled 80's actioners, his Expendables series is actually becoming a parody of them. EX2 was ridiculous (in a bad way) and this seems like it'll be more of the same.

 

And this is coming from someone who loves old action movies.

post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post

 his Expendables series is actually becoming a parody of them. 

 

Kind of shows how much those days are truly over.  You can't make a straight faced 80s flick anymore...the mentality of today's audiences is completely different.

post #9 of 25
I think they need a real threat beside human villians how bout aliens or a monster
post #10 of 25
I've heard rumblings they'll fight robots.
post #11 of 25

dude hallenbeck, You are on to something.  There is one old time action star not in...The Expendables!  GODZILLA!  Have The Expendables and Godzilla fight...EEEEEEEvil Aliens from Planet X!  Schwarzenegger could even be...The Terminator!  You know, Wes Snipes nickname should be...The Tax Man!  He could be an expert in repelling frontal...atTAX!  He could make it too...TAXing for...Mother_______whom like to ice skate uphill!

post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambler View Post

 

Kind of shows how much those days are truly over.  You can't make a straight faced 80s flick anymore...the mentality of today's audiences is completely different.

 

 

No shit. Bullet To The Head was pure 80's greatness, and it flopped big time. It was at the first run cinema for about 3 weeks, and the dollar theater for ONE WEEK. I caught it during that first weekend at the dollar theater, and it was gone the next. At least I got to see it before it left theaters. So awesome.

post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambler View Post

 

Kind of shows how much those days are truly over.  You can't make a straight faced 80s flick anymore...the mentality of today's audiences is completely different.

Perhaps, but look at all the crap that is made these days that makes a ton of $$$$: Transformers, G.I. Joe, etc. that stuff is complete garbage and people love it!

post #14 of 25
This was a no brainer. Cannot wait for E3, especially if the rumours of The Rock are true
post #15 of 25

History Buff, People...Loved G.I. Joe 1 and 2, and the...Titanic...Transformative Trilogy by the...Master Of BAYhem, because they were...Awesome Films.  If you said...Inception, I would agree with you.

post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambler View Post

 

Kind of shows how much those days are truly over.  You can't make a straight faced 80s flick anymore...the mentality of today's audiences is completely different.

 

I'd say Taken was exactly like an 80's action movie, but it feels different. The over the top, cheesy but fun tone of those 80's films are indeed passe, but there's still a huge market for big dumb action flicks that don't involve super heroes or aliens.

post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambler View Post

 

Kind of shows how much those days are truly over.  You can't make a straight faced 80s flick anymore...the mentality of today's audiences is completely different.

 

Except I didn't find Expendables to its sequel to be a straight faced 80's flick at all. Sly's borrowed the blueprint and ramped it up to 1000. The entire team driving Harleys, people speaking in nothing but deliberately cheesy one-liners, bending over backwards to involve every manly man on the planet including Chuck Norris who literally appears out of nowhere, shoots a bunch of people and then disappears like a magical fucking elf... It's absurd.

post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post

 

Except I didn't find Expendables to its sequel to be a straight faced 80's flick at all. Sly's borrowed the blueprint and ramped it up to 1000. The entire team driving Harleys, people speaking in nothing but deliberately cheesy one-liners, bending over backwards to involve every manly man on the planet including Chuck Norris who literally appears out of nowhere, shoots a bunch of people and then disappears like a magical fucking elf... It's absurd.

 

That's exactly what I meant by straight faced...was a poor choice of words on my part.

post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
 Chuck Norris who literally appears out of nowhere, shoots a bunch of people and then disappears like a magical fucking elf... It's absurd.

 

I had to giggle at how the Chuck Norris internet meme pretty much died an ignominious death as soon as Expendables 2 was released. I can't remember it cropping up pretty much at all after that movie, maybe because it was a reminder that Norris has the screen presence of wet lettuce.

 

What's been fascinating about these movies is seeing who coasts, and who brings something interesting to the table. Lundgren and Van Damme have probably come out of them the best because they've actually looked like they've come to play, and bring a little bit of crazy into what's essentially a creatively conservative idea. We all know Snipes and his 'complicated' relationship with sanity; here's hoping he gets stuck in and brings a bit of wacky to his role.

post #20 of 25

Ideally, we'll get Nic Cage as the head baddie, a returning Van Damme as Vilain's twin brother, and Snipes as a badass, psychotic enforcer for the bad guys.

post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workyticket View Post

 

I had to giggle at how the Chuck Norris internet meme pretty much died an ignominious death as soon as Expendables 2 was released. I can't remember it cropping up pretty much at all after that movie, maybe because it was a reminder that Norris has the screen presence of wet lettuce.

 

What's been fascinating about these movies is seeing who coasts, and who brings something interesting to the table. Lundgren and Van Damme have probably come out of them the best because they've actually looked like they've come to play, and bring a little bit of crazy into what's essentially a creatively conservative idea. We all know Snipes and his 'complicated' relationship with sanity; here's hoping he gets stuck in and brings a bit of wacky to his role.

 

I hope he has a Blond Flat top in this.

post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workyticket View Post

 

I had to giggle at how the Chuck Norris internet meme pretty much died an ignominious death as soon as Expendables 2 was released. I can't remember it cropping up pretty much at all after that movie, maybe because it was a reminder that Norris has the screen presence of wet lettuce.

 

 

The meme's been dying a slow death ever since Norris outed himself as a nutcase conservative who believes the end-times are near.

post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickBurgundy View Post

Ideally, we'll get Nic Cage as the head baddie, a returning Van Damme as Vilain's twin brother, and Snipes as a badass, psychotic enforcer for the bad guys.

 

I'd buy that for a dollar!
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickBurgundy View Post

Ideally, we'll get Nic Cage as the head baddie, a returning Van Damme as Vilain's twin brother, and Snipes as a badass, psychotic enforcer for the bad guys.

 

And in tribute to Snow Crash, Van Damme's character's first name should be Antagoniste.

post #25 of 25

Mel Gibson directing would actually get me to buy a ticket.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: CHUD.COM Main
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › CHUD.COM Main › SLY PUTS A PHOENIX IN THE EXPENDABLES 3 CAST