CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Television › Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. thread - Page 114

post #5651 of 5712

 I was surprised by Tess being killed off. The show did make the tonal shift of Mac light heartedly talking about being class treasurer to seeing her in a noose. That quick tonal shift is what made it effective.  

post #5652 of 5712
The show's Cast & Crew page on IMDB confirms that the old woman who greeted Melinda in the final scene of this week's episode

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Was Robin.
post #5653 of 5712
It didn't need confirmation. They show her holding her wood carving. That and her saying it's good to see them again is putting 2 and 2 together.
post #5654 of 5712

The woman who plays Sinara does a fantastic Bitch Face. I need to find a good GIF of it, for whenever someone posts something stupid.

post #5655 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

The woman who plays Sinara does a fantastic Bitch Face. I need to find a good GIF of it, for whenever someone posts something stupid.

Julie Mao!
post #5656 of 5712
Seriously, though, everyone watch The Expanse
post #5657 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankypanky View Post

Julie Mao!

 

Ha. Didn't realize it was the same actress. Perhaps, if she'd used that facial expression in The Expanse, I'd have recognized her instantly. 

post #5658 of 5712

Finally caught up with this again. I swear, 100th episode is leading up to some parallel universe crap, isn't it?

 

Flint putting the earth back together seems so telegraphed, but it's probably going  to happen.

 

Also, they're seriously running out of Kree. At this point, can't the humans take back the station?

 

Mack better not die.

 

This stream of consciousness brought to you by a boring bus ride.

post #5659 of 5712
Reckon either Fitz or May are a lock to buy the farm in the 100th.
post #5660 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcjsavannah View Post


Flint putting the earth back together seems so telegraphed, but it's probably going  to happen.

I think it’s more when the Earth starts to quake in the past he’ll hold it together.

Why does someone have to die? Mack makes the most sense since he’s somewhat expendable. Fits and Simmons are the science, May fights, Quake is the superhero, Coulson is the glue.

Not looking forward to 100th ep.
post #5661 of 5712

I was just as happy to see the shotgun ax as Mack was.

post #5662 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel Red View Post

Reckon either Fitz or May are a lock to buy the farm in the 100th.

The 100th episode doesn't air until March and IMDB's synopses for the episodes don't go that far out, but this week's episode went out of its way to name Jemma as the one who dies.
post #5663 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasor View Post


The 100th episode doesn't air until March and IMDB's synopses for the episodes don't go that far out, but this week's episode went out of its way to name [insert name here] as the one who dies.

 

Let's not forget the game of pass the parcel in Season 3 the last time we had a vision predicting someone was going to die. There's no way they're not baiting us again.


Edited by Shan - 1/20/18 at 6:57pm
post #5664 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasor View Post

The 100th episode doesn't air until March and IMDB's synopses for the episodes don't go that far out, but this week's episode went out of its way to name Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Jemma
as the one who dies.

Bro, I love you bro, but please you should have spoiler tagged that shit. God fucking dammit.
post #5665 of 5712

I don't think it's her. Seems to me that particular vision would've been her death in that timeline. Robin's predictions don't see things she herself didn't see, so unless they return to the past and she sees it happen then she'll only have seen it happen the one time.

post #5666 of 5712
She saw Flint being essential to stopping the Earth's destruction, so seeing multiple timelines might be why she was so confused.

I'll happily grant that the show could be throwing a curveball at us.

CD, I apologize. It didn't occur to me that discussing last night's episode would be a spoiler. I avoid the thread until I've caught up on watching it, myself.
post #5667 of 5712
Aw my bad, I misread and thought you spoiled the 100th episode.

The flashbacks in this were of an alternate timeline, so whovever dies in that doesn't necessarily also die in what's happening now.

Rage at Reasor, subsided.
post #5668 of 5712

Must be getting soft in my old age, as I found Robin's passing and the revelation that May raised her to be quite touching. 

post #5669 of 5712

It was touching. May has always had a motherly side that was kept down for various reasons. Also shown in her asking what good she was if she couldn't protect the team.

 

She would be the one to take on the responsibility of raising Robin out of everyone.

post #5670 of 5712
Is it my TV settings or has this season been darker than a Spinal Tap album cover? Half the time I can barely see shit!
post #5671 of 5712
It's atmospheric! Also maybe check your TV settings.

I wonder who Kasius' seer is. Another Inhuman? As much as I'd love to see Ruth Negga briefly revisit the show as a resurrected Raina, it would be a stretch if Kasius's reach extended that far, even with the Kree's magic Khan blood.
post #5672 of 5712

It's going to have to be a member of the team from the first time loop, kept alive with Kree blood.

post #5673 of 5712
Agreed, it's somebody who we know, or else they wouldn't have put off revealing the identity. If it was someone new, it would have been stronger writing to end the episode with Kasius getting briefed on what's about to happen by his seer, instead of him talking to his guards.
post #5674 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasor View Post

It's atmospheric! Also maybe check your TV settings.

I wonder who Kasius' seer is. Another Inhuman? As much as I'd love to see Ruth Negga briefly revisit the show as a resurrected Raina, it would be a stretch if Kasius's reach extended that far, even with the Kree's magic Khan blood.

 

Well, here's the theory being bandied about just using dialogue and events from the show.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Kasius recognises Yo-yo and actually says her name out loud.
 
He was prepared in advance to block her power, as if he was expecting it.
 
The flashback (flashfoward) showed Yo-yo leaving in an elevator to go on a suicide run.
 
Presumably, that version of Yo-yo lived through all of this in the future and then went back in time to that point and was then never seen again.
 
Ergo, it's Yo-yo.
post #5675 of 5712
The block that I have is that I can't see anyone on the S.H.I.E.L.D. team cracking and spilling intel.

Besides,
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The promo for next week's episode hints that Kasius is going to at least threaten to kill Yo-yo, which would prevent her from going back to the present with the rest of the team. Even if he's beaten and desperate at that point, it's not clear how erasing his own ace in the hole from the timeline would help him.

So there's at least one curve ball being thrown at us, possibly multiple curve balls. We'll find out more in a week. I can't wait.
post #5676 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasor View Post

The block that I have is that I can't see anyone on the S.H.I.E.L.D. team cracking and spilling intel.

Besides, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The promo for next week's episode hints that Kasius is going to at least threaten to kill Yo-yo, which would prevent her from going back to the present with the rest of the team. Even if he's beaten and desperate at that point, it's not clear how erasing his own ace in the hole from the timeline would help him.

So there's at least one curve ball being thrown at us, possibly multiple curve balls. We'll find out more in a week. I can't wait.

 

Unless, they're playing the long game so it looks like they're helping Kasius with their predictions when in fact, they're setting him up for a spectacular fall. Remember, they would have seen what's yet to play out before the trip back to the past. Maybe that includes Kasius's downfall - maybe that also includes the younger version of the character meeting the older version and learning what they have to do once they go back to make it happen. Doctor Who has been known to do things along these lines on occasion.

post #5677 of 5712

I love this show. Not sure if I've ever said that before, or been prepared to say that before, but it's out there now. Dominic Rains (who I've only just discovered has Iranian heritage under that blue make-up) is giving one of my favorite television bad guy performances of 2017 / 2018, helped by writing which allows him both victories and defeats without making him appear weak (the downfall of many ongoing television villains who become progressively less of a threat as the season wares on). In fact, I'd say that - with the exception of Kingpin and Mr Purple over at Netflix - Ward and Kassius are two of my favorite Marvel television villains. 

 

Not to beat down on Netflix, but it astounds me how much this show gets right which the majority of those Marvel shows do not. We're nine episodes in and not a single one has dragged or felt like filler to me. This show has better action scenes than Iron Fist, has better supporting characters than pretty much all of them (I can't think of any Netflix/Marvel show which has given me a character I enjoy as much as Enoch this year), has been unafraid of embracing its wacky comic book origins (we're in space, in the future, fighting aliens!), and is just plain fun. I even laughed out loud at Daisy describing exactly what kind of mom May would be. 

 

I guess I just really enjoyed this episode. This show feels like it's in a really good place at the moment and I hope Disney bullies ABC into making another season.

post #5678 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post
 

I love this show. Not sure if I've ever said that before, or been prepared to say that before, but it's out there now. 

 

I believe it's come up on occasion.

post #5679 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
 

 

I believe it's come up on occasion.

 

Well, at least I'm being consistent, I guess!

 

Also: With all of these gravitonium references, any chance we'll see Doctor Franklin Hall again? I've been waiting for them to return to that storyline since the third episode of the first season! You can't tease us with the origin of Graviton and never show him again!

 

post #5680 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post
 

 

Well, at least I'm being consistent, I guess!

 

Also: With all of these gravitonium references, any chance we'll see Doctor Franklin Hall again? I've been waiting for them to return to that storyline since the third episode of the first season! You can't tease us with the origin of Graviton and never show him again!

 

On the subject on long games, they seem to have been playing one with the scripting of this show from the outset, so I'd be very surprised if we didn't see that plot point addressed in some fashion or another.

post #5681 of 5712

I hope so!

 

The only character I've not warmed to this season is Deke. As someone elsewhere said "Deke feels like the Dash Rendar to Ward’s Han Solo. Deke isn’t exactly Ward-lite, but my point is that he feels like a substitute for someone they’d rather shoehorn in there, in spite of whatever logic loopholes there might be." I don't know whether it's the performance or the fact that I've already seen this kind of character done better in the same show, but it's just not very interesting to me. 

 

ETA: Against all logic, I'm betting Kassius' seer is Ward, just because we've not seen him yet. You can't have an AOS season without some Ward.

post #5682 of 5712

do remember a mention that the whole Ghost Rider deal has to be addressed, so I figure they had a big noticeboard or something where they've written down everything they have to keep track of and decide whether they're going to bring it up again or not.

post #5683 of 5712

We surely have to see Dr Hall/Graviton - all the blame has been pinned on Daisy but it's gotta be a fight with him she has that tears the Earth apart, except this time they bring back Flint to hold it all together and avoid all this hellscape stuff.

post #5684 of 5712

My theory on who the seer is

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Its Yo Yo because the she looked older in the teaser shot when she is being threaten.

Speaking of comparing AOS to some of the Netflix shows, the last two seasons have been much better than The Defenders and The Punisher. I could only take three episodes of The Punisher before I got bored.

post #5685 of 5712

HOW

 

GOOD

 

WAS

 

THAT

 

?

 

(also ...

 

... totally called it!)

post #5686 of 5712

That was very good indeed.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I was wondering when Coulson's deal with Ghost Rider was going to start affecting him.
post #5687 of 5712

That was great. Was watching it whilst drinking my coffee this morning and half of my drink went cold because I forgot about it.

 

* I suddenly realized, whilst watching Mack's devastation toward the end, that this is one of the few network shows that has managed to sell me on not one but two relationships, and has kept them interesting even after the couples got together. On most shows, the will-they-or-won't-they would then be replaced by one character cheating on the other or some other horrible action which would make me hate them.

 

* Talking of which, I really liked the almost throwaway fact that both Fitz and Simmons came up with brutal ways to murder the Kree this episode. Those two belong together.

 

* "Silence". Nice way to pay-off Gemma's enslavement by Kasius. 

 

* We BETTER get modern-day Enoch in the last part of this season. That character was too fucking good to throw away. I know I've already said it once but it bears repeating that, should we be lucky enough to get another season, Enoch HAS to join the team. He's been a great addition this season and his character is different enough from the others to bring something new to scenes. 

 

* Deke: “Guns, man—it’s like cheating! You shouldn’t give these to anyone who’s not a really, really good person!” May: “You’d think there’d be a law.”

 

* I'm actually going to miss the Lighthouse. For a show with a reduced budget, they did a really great job convincing me that they were running around a space station. 

post #5688 of 5712

There's been a big strand of the TV show Angel (yes, I do mean the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin-off) running through this and that also seems to include doing a compelling Season 5 on a reduced budget. Interesting theory I've seen about Deke.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There was just enough monolith in the room with him to get him sent back in time with the rest of the gang. He may just get to see what a real beer tastes like after all. On the other hand, he is ending up in the US, so ...
 
Also, that he's a descendant of Fitz and Simmons.
post #5689 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post

There's been a big strand of the TV show Angel (yes, I do mean the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin-off) running through this and that also seems to include doing a compelling Season 5 on a reduced budget. Interesting theory I've seen about Deke.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There was just enough monolith in the room with him to get him sent back in time with the rest of the gang. He may just get to see what a real beer tastes like after all. On the other hand, he is ending up in the US, so ...
 
Also, that he's a descendant of Fitz and Simmons.

About your Deke theory,
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think it would be even more hilarious if he were somehow a descendant of Ward.
post #5690 of 5712

I couldn't take credit for any of that, other people put that out there and I'm just running with. As for your suggestion, I've also seen people running with that too and you're right, that would be quite funny, even more so if they led us to believe the former but ended up with the latter.

post #5691 of 5712

Perhaps you two have stumbled upon what will supposedly devastate the fans in episode 100!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Deke is somehow the offspring of Simmons.... and Ward!
post #5692 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post
 

Perhaps you two have stumbled upon what will supposedly devastate the fans in episode 100!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Deke is somehow the offspring of Simmons.... and Ward!

 

They weren't together in free-fall that long.

 

post #5693 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

 

* We BETTER get modern-day Enoch in the last part of this season. That character was too fucking good to throw away. I know I've already said it once but it bears repeating that, should we be lucky enough to get another season, Enoch HAS to join the team. He's been a great addition this season and his character is different enough from the others to bring something new to scenes. 

Not to mention we still have to deal with Army chick who shot the two investigators dealing with the team's disappearance. Maybe there's an Enoch 2.0 somewhere in a closet waiting to get activated.

 

This comes back in a month. I hope it sticks the landing for this season. So many ways it can go.

post #5694 of 5712

I'm going to miss Enoch.

 

 I was pleasantly surprised by how violent this episode was: decapitated Kree and Kasius being stabbed in the back. I know it wasn't Logan levels of violence but it did seem high for network TV.

post #5695 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcjsavannah View Post
 

Not to mention we still have to deal with Army chick who shot the two investigators dealing with the team's disappearance. Maybe there's an Enoch 2.0 somewhere in a closet waiting to get activated.

 

This comes back in a month. I hope it sticks the landing for this season. So many ways it can go.

 

Well, we're going back in time, Enoch 1.0 may well still be around, maybe he always knew what was going to happen to him because someone tells him in the past? Which does make leaving that gun so far away from himself on that bench even more careless, though ...

post #5696 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz View Post

I'm going to miss Enoch.

 I was pleasantly surprised by how violent this episode was: decapitated Kree and Kasius being stabbed in the back. I know it wasn't Logan levels of violence but it did seem high for network TV.


Plus the disfigurements inflicted on Future!Elena in her captivity. Even just Enoch writhing while his heart was powering the time machine. It was all so visceral; it was as if the showrunners were testing to see if the suits at ABC even watch the show before they air it.

I don't even mind much that the team doesn't seem to have learned anything that would enable them to change the course of history when they get back. Even if they just spend the rest of the season second guessing their own actions, the season's been gripping as hell so far.
_
Edited by Reasor - 2/3/18 at 12:08pm
post #5697 of 5712
Hmmm...puts it close to Infinity War release. Maybe a few extra overlap?
post #5698 of 5712

Intriguing. I wonder if we'll see some S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in Infinity War?

post #5699 of 5712
Doubtful, but given the literally world ending stuff on display, I’m sure there might be some crossover. Mostly in the form of ‘zomg! Shit’s going down in the MCU! Assemble the team!’
post #5700 of 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post
 

Intriguing. I wonder if we'll see some S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in Infinity War?

 

As nice as that would be (and they really missed an opportunity with Age of Ultron), it seems unlikely. I wouldn't be surprised if there were contractual issues involved.

 

I am more than happy to be proved wrong.

 

I know Robert Downey Junior said at least a couple of times in his Reddit AMA that he would like to appear on the show. Even if he was just being polite (quite possible), he didn't even have to say that much which was nice of him. Ditto Chris Pratt who I believe said if it made sense, he'd do so too.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Television › Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. thread