CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPECIFIC FILMS › The Franchises › Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Page 50

post #2451 of 2520
I would put an absurd amount of money on it being The Watcher.
post #2452 of 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Roy View Post

I would put an absurd amount of money on it being The Watcher.

I don't know how I feel about a 12 foot tall Peter Dinklage.

post #2453 of 2520
Uatu's so strongly associated with the Fantastic Four that Fox almost certainly has the rights to him.

That aside, the more important reason why I don't believe Dinklage is playing Uatu is that I simply don't deserve to be made as happy as this would make me. I'm not worthy.
post #2454 of 2520

The only person who should play The Watcher is Keanu Reeves.

post #2455 of 2520
Modok then?
post #2456 of 2520

Oh, no thanks. I have mo than enough dok already.

post #2457 of 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post

The only person who should play The Watcher is Keanu Reeves.

I don't know whether Reeves could carry himself with The Watcher's air of authority, but man, Reeves would be an amazing Silver Surfer. He'd be as natural a fit for the role as Patrick Stewart was in the role of Charles Xavier.
post #2458 of 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasor View Post


I don't know whether Reeves could carry himself with The Watcher's air of authority

 

Don't you dare make me explain my own joke.

 

DON'T YOU DARE.

post #2459 of 2520
Haha.... Im waiting to see who else gets it.

BTW is that movie any good?
post #2460 of 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Roy View Post

Haha.... Im waiting to see who else gets it.

 

This is why I like you Roy.

 

Quote:
 
Originally Posted by Call Me Roy View Post
 
BTW is that movie any good?

 

No. 

post #2461 of 2520
It seemed as if at the last minute they just said..

"Waaaaait, maybe make KEANU the killer and SPADER the cop...?"
post #2462 of 2520

"What if Ted was totally bogus instead of his journey?!"

post #2463 of 2520
Lets make Keanu the surfing guru and Swayze the ex-football FBI badass!

(actually I can see them trying to convince Bigelow of this.)
post #2464 of 2520
Feige:
Quote:
Certainly as we get to Infinity War there is a sense of a climax if not a conclusion to, by the time we’re at untitled Avengers 4, the 22 movies that will have encompassed the first three phases of the MCU. And what happens after that will be very different. I don’t know if it’s Phase 4, it might be a new thing.

[ . . . ]

We have an idea [of what the MCU looks like post-Infinity War], and it’s gonna be very, very different.
post #2465 of 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Roy View Post

It seemed as if at the last minute they just said..

"Waaaaait, maybe make KEANU the killer and SPADER the cop...?"


​More like Keanu claims someone he knew faked signing his name on the contract for the film and he only did it to avoid being sued.

 

Look it up, it's seriously nuts.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Watcher_(film)#Production

 

Ex-friend now, I'm guessing.

post #2466 of 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post


​More like Keanu claims someone he knew faked signing his name on the contract for the film and he only did it to avoid being sued.

Look it up, it's seriously nuts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Watcher_(film)#Production

Ex-friend now, I'm guessing.

Holy shit.

That is pretty outrageous. How the hell would a signature of a friend even get on it? Unless he had a contract at his house...?

It sounds nutty enough to beliece. Plus Reeves is apparently a nice enough guy not to want any trouble so he just went along with it. Interesting stuff.

...




I still don't wanna watch it though.
post #2467 of 2520
I'm guessing this "friend" had a stake in the production and would personally benefit if Reeves signed on (perhaps he believed that Reeves' involvement would get the movie greenlit).
post #2468 of 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentsands77 View Post

Feige:
Quote:
Certainly as we get to Infinity War there is a sense of a climax if not a conclusion to, by the time we’re at untitled Avengers 4, the 22 movies that will have encompassed the first three phases of the MCU. And what happens after that will be very different. I don’t know if it’s Phase 4, it might be a new thing.

[ . . . ]

We have an idea [of what the MCU looks like post-Infinity War], and it’s gonna be very, very different.

 

Feige talks about the next EIGHT films. Trying to figure out what those are....

 

 

Guardians of the Turntable 2

 

Thor: Reacharound

 

Black Panther 

 

Avengers: Infinite Metal Punching

 

Avengers: Untitled Robot Punching

 

 

Aaaand what else?

post #2469 of 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentsands77 View Post

Feige:

Christ...22 films. In one franchise.
post #2470 of 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhp1608 View Post

Christ...22 films. In one franchise.
It took Bond nearly five decades to get there!
post #2471 of 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhp1608 View Post


Christ...22 films. In one franchise.


​I just tend to think of it as a season or two of TV.

post #2472 of 2520
It really is ideal that post-2019 becomes a volume 2, Phase 1 sort of deal. Not only will it help to keep the continuity clear, but from a business standpoint new fans born when Iron Man came out will start getting into these movies and Marvel could use an entry point.

Status quo is simple: superheroes, aliens, magic and gods exist. The next generation will exist in a world where these things are commonplace.
post #2473 of 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post

It really is ideal that post-2019 becomes a volume 2, Phase 1 sort of deal. Not only will it help to keep the continuity clear, but from a business standpoint new fans born when Iron Man came out will start getting into these movies and Marvel could use an entry point.

Status quo is simple: superheroes, aliens, magic and gods exist. The next generation will exist in a world where these things are commonplace.


​Well, exactly. It's like a bigger budgeted Agents of SHIELD innit?

post #2474 of 2520
The MCU isn't really much like TV on a structural level outside of some broad parallels.

It's a web of intermingled individual franchises built on very conventional movie blockbuster structures with occasional crossover specials.
post #2475 of 2520
The MCU is, in fact, structured just like monthly superhero comics. The solo movies are like trade paperbacks collecting one or two story arcs, while the Avengers movies are the big summer crossover events.

Shows like Agents of SHIELD are the tie-in material to said crossovers.
post #2476 of 2520
The Netflix model, by contrast, is similar to the movie model but decompressed. A season of Daredevil, for instance, is the equivalent of two or three movies. See the Punisher arc, Electra arc and then Hand arc in Daredevil season 2, or the sudden villain switch on Luke Cage.
post #2477 of 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentsands77 View Post

The MCU isn't really much like TV on a structural level outside of some broad parallels.

It's a web of intermingled individual franchises built on very conventional movie blockbuster structures with occasional crossover specials.


​So like the revival of The Outer Limits TV show is what you're saying, then?

post #2478 of 2520

On a tangentially related note ...

 

Good Lord!

 

http://www.avclub.com/article/james-cameron-sets-release-dates-avatars-2-3-4-and-254133

 

(That's 2,3,4 and the link doesn't show it ... 5.)

post #2479 of 2520
Part two comes out 11 years after the first film. I'm really curious how these perform stateside.
post #2480 of 2520
I hope Cameron re-releases the first.

Still have never seen it.
post #2481 of 2520
Don't want to be morbid, but Cameron will be 66 when Avatar 2 comes out. With the way celebrities are dropping like flies, I sure wish he wouldn't spend his last days on endless sequels to a kind of okay but bafflingly profitable movie.
post #2482 of 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post

Don't want to be morbid, but Cameron will be 66 when Avatar 2 comes out. With the way celebrities are dropping like flies, I sure wish he wouldn't spend his last days on endless sequels to a kind of okay but bafflingly profitable movie.

 

FWIW- Ridley Scott is 79

post #2483 of 2520
And I don't want him to spend his final days on endless Alien sequels to prequels.
post #2484 of 2520
Zoe Saldana may have accidentally spoiled the title of the the movie formerly known as "Infinity War Pt II."


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


No, really, spoilers, possibly


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It MIGHT be "Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet." That MIGHT at least be the working title while it shoots. If this is so, then I would be one hundred percent okay with Infinity War being two hours of heroes racing across space to prevent Thanos from acquiring the gems and assembling the gauntlet, only to fail at the cliffhanger ending. Give the story room to breathe.
post #2485 of 2520
Career ruined.
post #2486 of 2520
I thought Columbiana did that.
post #2487 of 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Slim View Post

I thought Columbiana did that.

 

Something something Nina Simone biopic something something.

 

Seriously, what were they thinking?

post #2488 of 2520
Saldana suffers from Alba's disease. Stunningly beautiful but deathly boring with the charisma of a tape dispenser.
post #2489 of 2520
Would hug.
post #2490 of 2520

Disney has announced its slate through 2021. Three Marvel movies in 2020, no surprise:

 

May 1st, 2020 – Undetermined Marvel FIlm
August 7th, 2020 – Undetermined Marvel Film
November 6th, 2020 – Undetermined Marvel Film
 

Looks pretty standard. Guardians 3, something and Doctor Strange 2?

post #2491 of 2520
Black Panther 2?
post #2492 of 2520

I'm thinking sequels to movies from 2016 and 2017 are more likely. Although Thor: The Dark World was only two years after Thor, and same with Civil War after Winter Soldier.

post #2493 of 2520
I thought Black Panther comes out in November...
post #2494 of 2520

February 2018.

post #2495 of 2520

November 2020 is Captain Marvel, obviously. ;)

post #2496 of 2520

Captain Marvel is March 2019. I would expect a sequel to that to be no earlier than 2021.

post #2497 of 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post
 

Captain Marvel is March 2019. I would expect a sequel to do to be no earlier than 2021.

 

Silly Bort, Marbel Cinnamon has delayed it this long, what makes you think they're going to keep to that date? 

post #2498 of 2520

I mean, they have a lead and directors, so...

post #2499 of 2520
Production on Captain Marvel doesn't need to start until March 2018 to meet the release date.

Ant-Man and The Wasp is next July and they are still in preproduction for that. It's almost May.
post #2500 of 2520

Has Marvel ever had issues making release dates, once they are announced?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Franchises
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPECIFIC FILMS › The Franchises › Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion