CHUD.com Community › Forums › VIDEO GAMES & RPG › Video Games › The Playstation 4 thread (PS4)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Playstation 4 thread (PS4) - Page 9

post #401 of 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasteofTape View Post

Im still on the fence in regards to PS+..not a huge multiplayer gamer...I guess if Bloodborne is as good as dark souls that could change.

 

The real reason to get PS+ is the free games. The multiplayer is just a bonus. 

post #402 of 486

What are the real differences between the XBox360 version of Diablo III and Ultimate Evil Edition for PS4?  Really, really hate to double-dip...

post #403 of 486

Anyone interested in a NIB PS4 for $300?  My contact has one left coming in this week and all my local friends have snapped up the other ones.

 

PM me if so.


Edited by TzuDohNihm - 1/2/15 at 8:22am
post #404 of 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil spurn View Post
 

What are the real differences between the XBox360 version of Diablo III and Ultimate Evil Edition for PS4?  Really, really hate to double-dip...

The PS4 edition has the expansion and it's 1080p.  I'm pretty sure you can transfer your 360 progress over.

 

Can't tell you about Diablo, but I play BF4 on 360 and PS4 and the visual difference is profound.  LBP3 is also obviously more powerful/beautiful than LBP I've played on PS3.

post #405 of 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil spurn View Post
 

What are the real differences between the XBox360 version of Diablo III and Ultimate Evil Edition for PS4?  Really, really hate to double-dip...

 

It's a huge step up. You get Act V which is excellent, then Adventure mode, bounties and uncapped Paragon levels which will keep you going indefinitely if you want.

 

Also, you can transfer your 360 progress to PS4. Honestly, after playing ROS on PS4 after being familiar with vanilla D3 on PC., it feels like twice the game.

post #406 of 486

Been using the Twitch function to transfer video to Youtube, where I download and edit it.  Not necessarily less work than using my capture card, but one nice thing is it stores raw footage on the cloud, and it's a bit less of a hassle since there's no SD card.  I give the Twitch integration and the PS4 Camera the big thumbs up - they both work fine.

 

BTW, I've been doing let's play / commentary for Last of Us Remastered Multiplayer.  I love this game so much I want to take it behind the gym and get it pregnant.  If you want to check out my stuff, you can look for the Youtube channel "Ice Cream Sandwich King".  Some of my videos have literally "No Views", which is more depressing than it sounds.

post #407 of 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil spurn View Post
 

What are the real differences between the XBox360 version of Diablo III and Ultimate Evil Edition for PS4?  Really, really hate to double-dip...

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Workyticket View Post
 

 

It's a huge step up. You get Act V which is excellent, then Adventure mode, bounties and uncapped Paragon levels which will keep you going indefinitely if you want.

 

Also, you can transfer your 360 progress to PS4. Honestly, after playing ROS on PS4 after being familiar with vanilla D3 on PC., it feels like twice the game.

 

I bought Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition for PS4 for $30 new at Game Stop when I brought back the pile of dog-shit which is BF Hardline.  At first I thought it was kinda a dumb move because I have Diablo 3 for 360 and I barely played it.  Wow, the difference is profound - just a beautiful game, fun to play .... really surprised how much better I like this than PoE for PC, mostly because their aren't endless piles of useless loot and the attack upgrades are so fun.  This will be the game that holds me over until SW Battlefront.

 

I captured some footage:

 

post #408 of 486

Have any of you Metroid fans out there given AXIOM VERGE a go?

 

 

>>Trailer

>>Soundtrack


Edited by Barry Woodward - 4/5/15 at 4:03pm
post #409 of 486
So Mortal Kombat X is coming out soon. Yay or nay?
post #410 of 486

Yay.  If only because its finally giving what everybody has been asking for;  a ninja cowboy bounty hunter.

 

 

He's got a bullet with yer name on it.  Varmant!

 

 

 

Oh, and it will also eventually have a couple schmoes named Jason Vorhees and The Predator, whoever they are.  That's cool too, I guess.

post #411 of 486

MGS V Ground Zeroes is one of the PS+ games this month.  Sweet

post #412 of 486
post #413 of 486
So, I've finally upgraded to the PS4. I've got a couple games with multi-player and was curious if anyone else wanted to play any of these. I have Rocket League, Project Cars, The Last of Us, Arkham Knight, and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris,
post #414 of 486

No Man's Sky delayed until June of 2016

 

Hype train officially derailed

post #415 of 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcjsavannah View Post

No Man's Sky delayed until June of 2016

Hype train officially derailed

A game can't be delayed if it never had a release date.

Also, I still am not really sold on the game. I am still not sure what the point of the game is; simply exploring doesn't interest me much.
post #416 of 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by COULD432 View Post


A game can't be delayed if it never had a release date.

Also, I still am not really sold on the game. I am still not sure what the point of the game is; simply exploring doesn't interest me much.

 

I'm the opposite actually. Exploring is pretty much my primary gig in games I've come to realise. It's nice if there is a goal or something to look at, but I just love to roam around open world games and look at stuff. One of the reasons I was so disappointed in Elite eventually is the exploring options are so bare bones (the expansion looks to help a little, but too little too late).

 

So yeah, aimlessly flying around shooting fish on weird planets? As long as there is the variety they promise (and that's a big if), I think I'll be happy.

post #417 of 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint View Post

I'm the opposite actually. Exploring is pretty much my primary gig in games I've come to realise. It's nice if there is a goal or something to look at, but I just love to roam around open world games and look at stuff. One of the reasons I was so disappointed in Elite eventually is the exploring options are so bare bones (the expansion looks to help a little, but too little too late).

So yeah, aimlessly flying around shooting fish on weird planets? As long as there is the variety they promise (and that's a big if), I think I'll be happy.

Yeah, I definitely get why it appeals to some (many?), but I wonder if some people are going to feel burnt by the hype. Hopefully it is good, and I think June is a good place to launch it, as it won't get drowned out by all of the holiday/spring releases.
post #418 of 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by COULD432 View Post


A game can't be delayed if it never had a release date.

There were multiple places where it said it was coming out in 2015. Including a famous tweet by Hello Games. So yeah, maybe not an official release date, but many many people expected it to be out this year.

 

As to the "what do you do?" question, I'm full in to the explorer camp when it comes to games so it's right up my alley. But only if what you discover as you go along in the game is truly diverse and not just random color 842 of llama.

post #419 of 486

Ugh, the announced 2015 release date for No Man's Sky was part of why I bought a PS4 instead of waiting longer.

post #420 of 486

I have been interested in it too but am in the camp of what the fuck do you do besides fly around, plant a flag that according to the designers no one will ever see because of the number of planets and try not to piss off the robot sentries that protect the wildlife but if you're the first to visit that planet why are there robot sentries?!!?

 

At some point I heard it described as a Minecraft in space because you can find materials on various planets and sell them at Space Stations but what you make with them and how you use those crafted items eludes me.  I also think there are space battles in your ship but who you are fighting and why eludes me as well.

 

I think this game is going to fall very short of the hype train for it.

post #421 of 486
Just got a PS4

if you want to be friends on it, my username is the same
post #422 of 486

get Overwatch!

 

my handle is K1NG_AM0S, with a 1 and 0

post #423 of 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuDohNihm View Post
 

I have been interested in it too but am in the camp of what the fuck do you do besides fly around, plant a flag that according to the designers no one will ever see because of the number of planets and try not to piss off the robot sentries that protect the wildlife but if you're the first to visit that planet why are there robot sentries?!!?

 

At some point I heard it described as a Minecraft in space because you can find materials on various planets and sell them at Space Stations but what you make with them and how you use those crafted items eludes me.  I also think there are space battles in your ship but who you are fighting and why eludes me as well.

 

I think this game is going to fall very short of the hype train for it.

 

Called it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post

Just got a PS4

if you want to be friends on it, my username is the same

 

Sent.

post #424 of 486

Has anyone made the dive into the PS4 pro yet? Paired with a 4K TV does it make that noticeable a difference or will we not see it until the next crop of games come out next year?

 

I'm SNIG as well nooj, I'll friend ya.

post #425 of 486

Dave is the only person I know that upgraded to both the Pro and 4K TV.  Might want to ask him.

post #426 of 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcjsavannah View Post
 

Has anyone made the dive into the PS4 pro yet? Paired with a 4K TV does it make that noticeable a difference or will we not see it until the next crop of games come out next year?

 

I'm SNIG as well nooj, I'll friend ya.

 

I have a PS4 Pro.  Grabbed it along with the PSVR.  I'm playing it on a 4k TV (Sony 75XXX930c).   The PS4 Pro is roughly 2.5x as powerful as the base PS4.  The only games I've directly compared on PS4 vs. PS4 Pro are PSVR games, and they are all noticeably (but not overwhelmingly) better on the PS4Pro.  I studied the differences between the systems pretty rigorously before making a decision.  

 

Uncharted 4 and Battlefield have blown me away thus far in terms of visual presentation.  I haven't seen Battlefield One on the base PS4, but I have on the Xbox One.  The PS4 Pro version is significantly better in terms of detail and frame rate as compared to the XBONE. 

post #427 of 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcjsavannah View Post
 

Has anyone made the dive into the PS4 pro yet? Paired with a 4K TV does it make that noticeable a difference or will we not see it until the next crop of games come out next year?

 

I'm SNIG as well nooj, I'll friend ya.

 

 

That would be me - 

 

Since my prior TV was showing signs that the panel is starting to fail, I upgraded to the Sammy KS9000 (8000 series in the UK) and since I did upgrade the set, decided to upgrade to a Pro (besides, my launch PS4 was one of the noisy ones and I had been considering a back-up machine anyway).

 

Now the TV - is in a word, incredible. Even standard def stuff looks really quite good and broadcast / streaming HD stuff - yes, it upscales quite nicely. Paired with the KS8500 UHD player and native 4k discs - holly hell it is an upgrade.

 

The PS4 Pro - it's quieter (whisper quiet matter of fact). Outside of that, can I say it's made a significant difference? No, not really. Keep in mind most 4k sets will upscale images as it is (some better than others). But even playing games "enhanced for the pro" - sure they look nice, but I can't say I see a huge upgrade. Then again, I don't tend to pause games and stare at still screenshots for all that long as I'm more concerned with, well, playing games on my PS4 (how odd, I know)

 

HDR - okay...this could be a time will tell kind of thing. Infamous First Light according to reviews handles it really quite well. I'm not sure how well my TV and HDR get along in Game Mode (TV setting). While Samsung did release an update to enable HDR in Game mode and the TV will tell me "an HDR video is playing" when firing up Infamous - I'm not positive that it is. With Samsungs, what is supposed to happen is that the TV should adjust settings (backlight specifically) to 20 (max setting) with HDR content and then go back to your custom settings when HDR content is no longer being played. It works as it should on the UHD player but on the Pro - the settings don't change. They do if I turn game mode off at which point Infamous did look quite a  bit brighter (which was expected with backlight being cranked) but I can't say I played that way long enough to see that HDR was really making an impact (especially when you consider the hit to input lag)

 

Overall - if you have an older TV - then I can easily recommend making the jump to 4k. If you're happy with your TV now, however, wait. We may very well see full panel backlit TVs come down as opposed to edge lit (yes, better) to a more reasonable price point. UHD movies if that's your thing...oh yes. Do yourself a favor tho - if you are in even a remotely "low light" setting - get yourself some bias lighting. PS4 Pro - I'd get one with a 4k set if I needed to replace an existing PS4, but as it stands - it's a PS4

 

Rtings.com also has some great write-ups on HDR gaming and 4k sets in general.

post #428 of 486

Blew pretty much all my disposable income on a Pro and a 4K monitor.  I got the LG 27UD58-B 27-Inch - No HDR but it has a 5ms input lag, which was a steal for $300 ... it's $400 on Amazon now.

 

Yeah, I gotta put my reputation behind the Pro.  Between Cyber Monday and sending my old PS4 back to Amazon for $150, I was able to get the Pro and the monitor for $500, which I'm not regretting at all.  Particularly happy with the monitor, which will be future proof for years and years - watched the Wonder Woman trailer on it and was blown away.

 

Battlefield One looks MUCH better - enemies at range are bodies, not blobs.  Had a 27 kill streak in a light tank, everything just seems tighter / easier to take in.  Also played about 20 minutes of Last of Us Remastered single-player - I could throw around the words "High End PC", but I'd rather just say it looked much better than before.  I also like that it streams at 1080p to Twitch, and it has a one TB hard drive, and windows 10 registers the controller as an audio device (not sure how that helps, but it's a thing).  It's just a solid upgrade at a reasonable price.

post #429 of 486

Right so now I have to work out how to try and play my housemates PS4 in shifts around his hours so I can find out whats happened to Elly and Joel. Damn you Naughty Dog, if only you'd release your incredible titles on pc. Fuckin' Sony. Grrr.

post #430 of 486

BTW - I got a $10 PSN voucher for upgrading.  Only good until the end of the month.  Snagged the $8 Dig Dug / Pac-man / Galaga bundle.

post #431 of 486

Uncharted 4 at 1440p with HDR (ps4 pro) looks significantly better than 1080p on the base Ps4.

post #432 of 486

Old thread revival.

 

So a couple of months ago I got a Blu-Ray disk jammed in my PS3 somehow (probably drunk, I imagine), and I couldn't get it out using all the YouTube recommendations I could find. But it still worked for games on the hard drive and media like Netflix, so I didn't get too worked up over it.

 

Then one day it just stopped working completely, wouldn't turn on at all. just a beeping noise and flashing light. Oh well, says I. But it did suck when friends came over and we wanted to watch a movie on the big screen. We'd have to bunch around my 42" PC monitor and watch stuff there.

 

When my Dad was in town during my 'troubles', he gave me some birthday cash to help out with bills and such, much like you guys did with the GoFundMe. He insisted that, if I went into AA and stayed sober, I should use some of the money to treat myself to a birthday present.

 

So yesterday I saw an ad for a 1 TB PS4 bundled with Uncharted 4 for under $250. I drove over and bought that sucker. I'm now the proud owner of a PS4 with one game.

 

So questions: I'm used to buying Steam games digitally, and I have a pretty fast connection. Should I get physical disks for PS4 or download from the store? I also just remembered that there's a RedBox at my Kroger's that I could rent games at. What I'd like are some recommendations for PS4 exclusives, because I haven't really kept up with console releases. What are the 'must-haves'?

post #433 of 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post
 

Old thread revival.

 

So a couple of months ago I got a Blu-Ray disk jammed in my PS3 somehow (probably drunk, I imagine), and I couldn't get it out using all the YouTube recommendations I could find. But it still worked for games on the hard drive and media like Netflix, so I didn't get too worked up over it.

 

Then one day it just stopped working completely, wouldn't turn on at all. just a beeping noise and flashing light. Oh well, says I. But it did suck when friends came over and we wanted to watch a movie on the big screen. We'd have to bunch around my 42" PC monitor and watch stuff there.

 

When my Dad was in town during my 'troubles', he gave me some birthday cash to help out with bills and such, much like you guys did with the GoFundMe. He insisted that, if I went into AA and stayed sober, I should use some of the money to treat myself to a birthday present.

 

So yesterday I saw an ad for a 1 TB PS4 bundled with Uncharted 4 for under $250. I drove over and bought that sucker. I'm now the proud owner of a PS4 with one game.

 

So questions: I'm used to buying Steam games digitally, and I have a pretty fast connection. Should I get physical disks for PS4 or download from the store? I also just remembered that there's a RedBox at my Kroger's that I could rent games at. What I'd like are some recommendations for PS4 exclusives, because I haven't really kept up with console releases. What are the 'must-haves'?

 

Well first things first we need a PSN name so we can add you. If it isn't OldManSinger I will be severely disappoint. :D

 

I would stick with digital games from the store or Amazon codes. The latter are sometimes a bit cheaper if you have Prime. Doesn't matter which one as they both are going to eat up space.

 

Overwatch is worth a look unless you were playing on PC. If you want exclusives I think The Last of Us Remastered would be at the top of most people's list. Horizon: Zero Dawn seemed to be hit or miss with people.  I thought it a good Redbox that didn't make me want to spend money. Beyond that I don't think there was much 2015 or earlier that would be considered "must-have".

 

If you were ever interested in Destiny we have a great group of people who are going forward with D2 and if you and Amos Orange came along for the ride I might be convinced to do so just for the camaraderie.

post #434 of 486

I was able to import my ancient PS3 profile, and it dates me, I made it when I was a young lad of 45. I'll have to turn on the machine to see what it is.

 

I was thinking about that fighting game everyone's been talking about too, even though I know I'll suck at it. I might mosey over to Redbox before the party this afternoon and see what's available. I only have the one controller, though.

 

Thanks for the recommendations.

post #435 of 486

Nice thing about physical copies is you can trade them in for credit on Amazon when you're done - I got $45 back on Odin Sphere Leifthrasir because they didn't print a lot of copies.  Even if it's just $10 or $12 here and there, it adds up.  Also, if you don't like a game, you can send it back to Amazon in the first couple weeks - just mark "Does not match website description" and say something like "It's super boring" or "Controls are horrible" - always check to see you're buying direct from Amazon though and not a shady Amazon affiliate.  If you buy used copies at Gamestop you have seven days to bring them back.

 

I don't play with any Chewers, but I have a great time with The Division and BF1.  MGSV, Last of Us Remastered, and Dark Souls are also good if you like that sort of thing.  The story mission in Star Wars BF2 looks like it will be pretty good.  If you like fighting Games there's SFV, Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 - kids looooove Injustice 2 like it's Minecraft.

post #436 of 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post
 

I was able to import my ancient PS3 profile, and it dates me, I made it when I was a young lad of 45.

 

OK, OK... MiddleAgeSinger will be acceptable.

post #437 of 486
I'd also suggest you upgrade to a PS Plus account. It is required to enable the online features in most of the games on the PS4 and also gives you two free downloable games a month. June's games are The Killing Floor 2 and the compete season of Life is Strange.

For the record I loved Horizon Zero Dawn, but it is a difficult game. Turns out robot dinosaurs can hit really hard. I'd actually say that the game Horizon Zero Dawn reminded me the most of is Rise of the Tomb Raider. So if you liked that then I think there's a good chance you'll like Zero Dawn, but I'd still say get it on redbox first to see if the combat stuff in it works for you.

If you're a Dark Souls nut like me, then there is also Bloodborne which is a PS4 exclusive. Nioh is also really good, which is a Dark Souls inspired take on feudal Japan done by Ninja Theory, the developers that did the modern Ninja Gaiden games.
post #438 of 486

You'd need the PS Plus account to play with other Chewers. You'd be welcome to Injustice 2 it up with us anytime.

 

Another PS4 exclusive that is absolutely a must-buy is Wipeout Omega Collection. It's tricky, but it's nowhere near as hard as a Dark Souls game, and the zen bliss of racing a perfect track is among the finest gaming moments you can cultivate.

 

I know this loses me money since I can't sell them back, but I just download all my games. I'm too lazy to get off the couch to change out the disk.

post #439 of 486

I just picked up a PS4 500gb from a pawn shop for $150, The Crew as a freebie!  Took it to a GameStop to check it's diagnostics and picked up CoD: Advanced Warfare for kicks.  As soon as I've got this loaded up, my handle is dmeinecke. Look me up.

post #440 of 486

Another reason to buy your games on disc instead of a download is that downloads will fill up your hard drive.

I filled up my 500 GB drive the first week I had my PS4 & then upgraded to a 1 TB drive.

post #441 of 486
Discs will fill up your hard drive as well. The PS4 and the XBone do not read off of the disks to play the games, they dump the disk to the hard drive and read from the hard drive. The only reason it requires you to insert the disk is because the system needs to authenticate the hard drive's copy, otherwise there would be no incentive to stop consumers from reselling their hard copies after the console dumps the disk to the hard drive.

The only advantages physical media has is that it can be resold (and bought used) and it takes much less time for the console to copy physical media to the hard drive than it does to download it from a server. The downside is that you still have to download some portion of the game from the server even with a physical copy because every game now has a day-one patch. This means that if you need to make room on your hard drive for a new game you need to first delete one that is already there, and if you then want to play the physical copy of a game you deleted then you have to go through the whole process of dumping it to the hard drive again and waiting for all the patches to download.
post #442 of 486
I try to buy physical mainly so I can resell if I don't like it. For instance when Horizon came out I bought that day one. It took me like three days to realize I wasn't a huge fan and was still able to get almost the entire amount back on Craigslist. Granted, it would have been cheaper if I rented it from Redbox, but only by like 1 buck when all was said and done.
post #443 of 486

I'll mostly be renting for now, can't afford any $60 games, so whatever RedBox has is what I'll be limited to. Oh, and my handle is jacob_singer48 Please add me!

 

I've already added mongycore.

post #444 of 486

Singer,

 

Uncharted 4 is where its at.  Also available is Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, which includes the full versions of Uncharted 1, 2, and 33 on one disc for the standard price of one game (or, I assume, one Redbox rental). I don't do much online multiplayer, so focus more on single-player stuff. Of that, I've also played Dragon Age: Inquisition, Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Skyrim, the Watchdogs series, Mafia 3 scratches the waiting-for-the-next-GTA-to-be-released itch, and yes, Mass Effect Andromeda, haters be damned.

post #445 of 486
Wipe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post

I'll mostly be renting for now, can't afford any $60 games, so whatever RedBox has is what I'll be limited to. Oh, and my handle is jacob_singer48 Please add me!

I've already added mongycore.

Wipeout is only $40.
post #446 of 486
Got home and my kids had gone into town and bought Injustice 2 smile.gif

Thry really want a fighting game
post #447 of 486
Little bastards have been kicking my ass..
post #448 of 486
Wipeout Omega truly is amazing. Although, as an old-school Wipeout vet, it traumatised me to go online and repeatedly get my ass handed to me by 'the kids'... HOW HAVE THEY GOTTEN SO GOOD SO QUICKLY?!?!
post #449 of 486

playing day and night is how they got so good so fast

post #450 of 486

I've come into some money, found a great deal for a 500GB slim model and 3 games (Horizon: Zero Dawn, Ratchet & Clank and Driveclub) and decided to treat myself. 

 

I am the proud owner of a PS4 now! And soon I shall fulfill my dream of becoming a cute redhead techno-barbarian!

 

I don't have any multiplayer games outside of Driveclub but if anyone wants to add me my PSN is CodenameAstro21. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games
CHUD.com Community › Forums › VIDEO GAMES & RPG › Video Games › The Playstation 4 thread (PS4)