CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPECIFIC FILMS › The Franchises › DC Cinematic Universe Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion - Page 47

post #2301 of 2318

Bah. It's an exaggerated version of the Elfman score. 

post #2302 of 2318
Still better than Zimmer Batman muzak
post #2303 of 2318
Zimmer Batman muzak is just rehashed BLACK RAIN muzak, sooo you betta chill with the "originality" argument
post #2304 of 2318

I AM CHILL

post #2305 of 2318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentsands77 View Post

Zimmer Batman muzak is just rehashed BLACK RAIN muzak, sooo you betta chill with the "originality" argument
..and Goldenthal's is rehashed Demolition Man muzak.

Zimmer > Goldenthal

Come at ME bro!
post #2306 of 2318
Nah. Goldenthal is way better than Zimmer.
post #2307 of 2318
Your ears gotta be broke. That warbly nonsense in the Schumacher movies is preferable to you? BLECH! And Goldenthal rehashed way harder than Zimmer! Not just from Demolition Man but between Bat movies!
post #2308 of 2318

Maybe someone already said this, but why the WB isn't pursuing Vaughn for Suicide Squad 2 instead of MoS 2 is beyond me. I'd be good with him on either, but he's proved himself as something of a specialist in making outré superhero / genre films, which is what the Suicide Squad should be. Put "From the director of Kick-Ass and Kingsman" in an ad for Suicide Squad 2 and people are going to go, irrespective of how they feel about the original. 

 

As for this debate about scores, Elfman, Goldenthal, and Zimmer wrote the perfect scores for their respective films and you cannot mix and match them. They're all different and live up to exactly what any of those films are. 

post #2309 of 2318
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post
 

As for this debate about scores, Elfman, Goldenthal, and Zimmer wrote the perfect scores for their respective films and you cannot mix and match them. They're all different and live up to exactly what any of those films are. 

 

Far too reasonable. Binary categorization only, please!

post #2310 of 2318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentsands77 View Post

We've agreed before!

You're not my nemesis. You're my sometimes-ally, sometimes-villain. You're my Catwoman!

Schwartz is my Joker.

 

 

Hey, I had your back in the Matrix and Get Out threads.  

 

Clearly Nooj is the Joker.  He even trademarked a specific laugh of anarchic glee.

post #2311 of 2318

I'm a reasonable and just motherfucker, MichaelM. I'm the guy who likes the 1940's Batman serials, the 60's TV show, the Burton films, the Nolan trilogy, and who doesn't think the Schumacher films are bad just because they're light and silly.

post #2312 of 2318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post


Hey, I had your back in the Matrix and Get Out threads.  
True enough!
post #2313 of 2318
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post

Maybe someone already said this, but why the WB isn't pursuing Vaughn for Suicide Squad 2 instead of MoS 2 is beyond me. I'd be good with him on either, but he's proved himself as something of a specialist in making outré superhero / genre films, which is what the Suicide Squad should be. Put "From the director of Kick-Ass and Kingsman" in an ad for Suicide Squad 2 and people are going to go, irrespective of how they feel about the original. 

As for this debate about scores, Elfman, Goldenthal, and Zimmer wrote the perfect scores for their respective films and you cannot mix and match them. They're all different and live up to exactly what any of those films are. 

The best way to use Matthew Vaughan is to scrap the whole experiment. Wait 5 years. Then have Vaughan write and direct a colourful, uplifting, new Superman movie. It's 100% in him to do it.

Would Vaughan be the kind of guy to take on a sequel to a movie that might have made money, but was a complete mess? I dunno. I have a hard time even seeing him doing MoS2.

WB is just throwing out their wish list of directors right now and hoping their agents are reading Variety.

Mel Gibson isn't touching Suicide Squad 2.
post #2314 of 2318
Goldenthal's BATMAN & ROBIN is the best of his two scores. Wish there was a quality release of it. I only have a bootleg.
post #2315 of 2318
Yes, Vaughn is that kind of filmmaker. He nearly did X-Men 3 and Days of Future Past. These movies have made money, so the WB isn't scrapping anything. The most they'll do is shuffle around projects and filmmakers to recalibrate for the "best" results.

Vaughn is a commercial director with a distinctive personality, but he's not an auteur.
post #2316 of 2318
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post
 

Maybe someone already said this, but why the WB isn't pursuing Vaughn for Suicide Squad 2 instead of MoS 2 is beyond me. 

 

Because even floating Gibson's name is so much more provocative! And WB, much like our beloved President, clearly is of the mindset that any publicity is the right kind!

post #2317 of 2318
Random question:

General opinion....Superman: The Movie (1978) theatrical cut or extended cut?
post #2318 of 2318
Extended, if only for the guantlet leading to Lex's hideout sequence. Why that would've been cut in the first place baffles me...

The post first-night scene with Jor-El's Force ghost is pretty good too. I don't think either one of these bits hurt the pacing, and they both bring a little something. Not superfluous.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Franchises
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPECIFIC FILMS › The Franchises › DC Cinematic Universe Discussion