CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPECIFIC FILMS › The Franchises › DC Cinematic Universe Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion - Page 71

post #3501 of 3585

It did have me on board for a little while with "opening shark tank battle."

post #3502 of 3585

I had no idea there was even any idea about a Justice League movie post-Miller's attempt and pre-Snyder/Whedon. I wonder if this would have acknowledged Ryan Reynolds's Green Lantern, since Amanda Waller would have been in it.

post #3503 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post
 

I had no idea there was even any idea about a Justice League movie post-Miller's attempt and pre-Snyder/Whedon. I wonder if this would have acknowledged Ryan Reynolds's Green Lantern, since Amanda Waller would have been in it.


My guess is that it would have, with some sort of explanation for Hal's absence, since he isn't mentioned among all the dead GLs. That part about wiping out the whole GL Corps sounds like a hell of a waste, by the way. What's the point of throwing in Guy Gardner just to off him immediately? Unless, of course, the plan is to do the "one punch" bit with him as a Black Lantern.

post #3504 of 3585
Guy Gardner getting killed offscreen is exactly what I want in my DC Universe. “What if the next Green Lantern was a football hooligan” is a question that never needed answering.
post #3505 of 3585

Guy can be left out completely, but if his existence is going to be acknowledged, he needs at least enough screen time for some variation on this:

 

post #3506 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pither View Post
 

Guy can be left out completely, but if his existence is going to be acknowledged, he needs at least enough screen time for some variation on this:

 


The best part was that it rattled his brain so much that he was a friendly, well-adjusted fellow for weeks afterwards.  I know we shouldn't be making fun of traumatic brain injury, but as a kid I didn't know anything about that, and just thought it was funny.

 

And in the long run, Guy Gardner evolved into a decent character, but yeah, he was pretty insufferable in the early going.

post #3507 of 3585
Anyone check out new AQUAMAN movie pics? Good lord.
post #3508 of 3585
Haven't seen em yet, they Thanos level bad? #sayitaintso
post #3509 of 3585


Is that a chain for his wallet?
post #3510 of 3585
Probably. Arty's got mad street cred now!
post #3511 of 3585
post #3512 of 3585
All those guys with vague job titles? Well, now they have NEW vague job titles!
post #3513 of 3585
I'm sure this will fix the DCEU once and for all.
post #3514 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post

Anyone check out new AQUAMAN movie pics? Good lord.

I dunno...looks fine to me.
post #3515 of 3585
He has to hate everything everyday or his dick will fall off.
post #3516 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

He has to hate everything everyday or his dick will fall off.
I thought headless meant something else entirely..
post #3517 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraid uh noman View Post


I thought headless meant something else entirely..

 

 

OH SNIP!

post #3518 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

He has to hate everything everyday or his dick will fall off.

 

I'm sorry that I find Snyder's Extreme AquaBro to be one of the most horrible versions of the character I've ever laid eyes on.

 

Don't be mad, Brad.

post #3519 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post

I'm sorry that I find Snyder's Extreme AquaBro to be one of the most horrible versions of the character I've ever laid eyes on.

Don't be mad, Brad.

Except that you haven’t seen JL so how could you possibly know from just the commercial footage.
post #3520 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul755 View Post


Except that you haven’t seen JL so how could you possibly know from just the commercial footage.

 

AquaBro whooping it up in the commercial convinced me that I'd be better off saving my money instead of seeing the film. Thanks AquaBro!

post #3521 of 3585

Fuck back off now, Fett.

post #3522 of 3585

AquaBro OUT!

 

 

post #3523 of 3585
I have him blocked. But I'm guessing Fett was going on about how Aquaman sucks sight unseen now.

Oh what an unexpected twist. What a fresh and interesting take I'm sure.
post #3524 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename View Post

I have him blocked. But I'm guessing Fett was going on about how Aquaman sucks sight unseen now.

Oh what an unexpected twist. What a fresh and interesting take I'm sure.

post #3525 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename View Post

I have him blocked. But I'm guessing Fett was going on about how Aquaman sucks sight unseen now.

Oh what an unexpected twist. What a fresh and interesting take I'm sure.


He's getting pretty tiresome.  It's fun to shit on stuff, but it's nothing but this one gleeful speed.  In the Jurassic Park thread too. 

post #3526 of 3585
It's just unrelenting. I mean, it'd be one thing if he were funny or had an interesting perspective. But no, it's shitposting for its own sake.
post #3527 of 3585

Yeah, it's a bit much. I don't even understand where his hatred stems from, because he loves the CW DC shows so this isn't the behavior of a die-hard Marvel fanboy. Is it because the DCEU ignores those shows? Who gets THIS upset over Grant Gustin not being cast in a movie? Even Grant Gustin's mother probably doesn't care. 

post #3528 of 3585
I really, personally thought Aquaman was a HELL of a lot better than just the "MY MAN" and *surfs on Batmobile* "YEAYAH!" clips led me to believe. He was the negative Nancy of the group. He was definitely not as "bro" as I expected and if that sitting on the lasso scene had been in a Marvel movie he'd be declaring it genius and "so much fun!" Justice League ain't perfect....but anyone who's saying that it's not at LEAST as good as a couple of the MCU movies is kidding themselves..
post #3529 of 3585

Aquaman was probably the weakest character in the Justice League movie for me and, whilst some of that is down to how much of him was eventually cut out of the picture, I'm going to be honest and attribute some of it to Momoa himself. One reviewer asked how a guy who looks like Momoa can have so little on-screen presence and I'm equally baffled. It's like the guy rolled dice during character creation and scored three sixes for his physical attributes but lost two of the dice under his mother's nearby sofa when rolling for Charisma. 

post #3530 of 3585
I liked him. But my complaint would be that he was seemingly doing a REALLY obvious Chris Hemsworth impression.

Cyborg was the biggest surprise. How the fuck was Cyborg THAT charismatic? That actor needs more roles. And I don't even hate the design with a seething intensity like so many do so....yeah, Cyborg was pretty cool.

Batman felt like he had very little to do.

Flash was funny.

Wonder Woman was Wonder Woman.

Superman stole the movie. If there's one thing they NAILED....it was that. And that's a big check mark to put in the plus column.

Steppenwolf sucked. Gannon in the original Legend of Zelda game is a deeper villain..
post #3531 of 3585

Yeah, Aquaman was just weird. Making him an Aquabro was a great idea and his few trailer moments seemed to carry that out, but Momoa just doesn't have the charisma to hang with the rest of that cast. Compare him to Cyborg who after a single sentence was already a more interesting and well-rounded character.

post #3532 of 3585
I do prefer this Aquaman's look to every other version I've seen. Easily. I mean....we coulda had Thomas Jane dressed like a circus trapeze performer with pointy wood sprite shoes.

And I know this is the type of thing that's gonna make most of you roll your eyes but....I'm waiting to pass absolute final judgement on Justice League until I see what's up with the home release. I'll eat my hat if a significantly longer version doesn't exist. There'll probably be a 4-disc blu with the theatrical version. A long as extended version. A who knows how long or short (probably long) alternate version that's probably much darker. With Superman as a threat for an hour of the movie or something. The Snydery one. And the requisite DVD. Kinda like that massive The Wolverine set you had to buy to get the extended version of that movie (which is well worth it by the way)..
Edited by Fraid uh noman - 12/8/17 at 3:11am
post #3533 of 3585
The look was great. Aesthetics are usually the least of Snyders problems.
post #3534 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by catartik View Post

Change is coming.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/dc-films-justice-league-1202632214/


It wasn't exactly a huge leap of intuition but I think I called this the day after release.  Warner Brothers has continually played the shell game with how they run these films ever since Marvel Studios became a "thing" and anything that wasn't Batman didn't do as well as WB wanted (Superman Returns, Green Lantern).

 

They make these big proclamations of reorganization and "we totally have a plan guys!" and then....

post #3535 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post

The look was great. Aesthetics are usually the least of Snyders problems.
Oh definitely. Just giving credit where it's due.

How the hell did I end up being the dude who apparently likes this Aquaman the most out of all of us? The worst I can say is that he seemed too obviously Thor like. On a related note....coming from a non-Marvel fanboy.....Thor Ragnarok curb stomped JL in the "this is fucking awesome" department. I like em both but holy hell did that one deliver. Actually....I like one and LOVE the other is more accurate..
post #3536 of 3585
And I still cannot fathom why they wouldn't hire Zack Snyder to do a proper Spawn movie. If ever there was a perfect match between director and material....that's it. It's not intellectual enough for him to miss the point. It's crass and nasty and violent so he can throw caution to the wind when it comes to tone. He's PERFECT for the visuals. It's just such a no brainer..
post #3537 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraid uh noman View Post

And I still cannot fathom why they wouldn't hire Zack Snyder to do a proper Spawn movie. If ever there was a perfect match between director and material....that's it. It's not intellectual enough for him to miss the point. It's crass and nasty and violent so he can throw caution to the wind when it comes to tone. He's PERFECT for the visuals. It's just such a no brainer..

That's actually kind of a great idea. Although this new one is supposed to be a little more subtle.....I guess.

post #3538 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaaaaaaalt View Post
 

That's actually kind of a great idea. Although this new one is supposed to be a little more subtle.....I guess.

Only because Todd McFarlane is trying to pitch it as a low-budget affair.  Get Snyder and some money involved and I'm pretty sure the pitch would change dramatically.

post #3539 of 3585
It just feels like a match made in Heaven (or hell). Just like the Rob Zombie version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory that I desperately want to see or Neil Blomkamp doing Metal Gear. Some things just feel.....right..
post #3540 of 3585
Aquaman is Poochie. I can’t take credit for that comparison, I just can’t remember where I saw it.

No one is a bigger expert on 1999-2005 circa Nu-Metal than me and *Joker point* that is the aesthetic if ever seen it.

Despite my criticisms of Justice League I have to give Ray Fisher credit because he managed to emote and act better with only half of his face visible than the rest of the cast in the movie. I especially liked that part with Superman when his defense mechanisms were automatically starting and he was telling the team he couldn’t control it.

He deserved to be in a better movie.
post #3541 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraid uh noman View Post

It just feels like a match made in Heaven (or hell). Just like the Rob Zombie version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory that I desperately want to see 
 

 

 

That is sort of a genius pairing, but I don't think I'd actually want to watch the finished product.  I feel like I need a shower just imagining the trailer.

post #3542 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by catartik View Post

Aquaman is Poochie. I can’t take credit for that comparison, I just can’t remember where I saw it.

No one is a bigger expert on 1999-2005 circa Nu-Metal than me and *Joker point* that is the aesthetic if ever seen it.

Despite my criticisms of Justice League I have to give Ray Fisher credit because he managed to emote and act better with only half of his face visible than the rest of the cast in the movie. I especially liked that part with Superman when his defense mechanisms were automatically starting and he was telling the team he couldn’t control it.

He deserved to be in a better movie.

Just read it in BMD.  Poor Momoa. At least he gets his own movie and The Crow.  That in and of itself is a huge victory.  If he fizzles out from there it's his own fault to some extent. 

post #3543 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post


That is sort of a genius pairing, but I don't think I'd actually want to watch the finished product.  I feel like I need a shower just imagining the trailer.
I'm picturing Michael Berryman as the Oompa Loompas. Can't decide whether Sid Haig or Malcolm McDowell should be Willy Wonka (or Marilyn Manson).

William Forsythe as Charlie's bed ridden profanity spewing grandpa. And of course Sherri Moon as Charlie's mom.

NIGHTMARE FUEL
post #3544 of 3585

Disney drinks DC's milkshake and may end up with the TV rights to Batman.

 

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/disney-could-emerge-from-fox-deal-with-part-ownership-of-the-batman-property-151-02


Edited by Barry Woodward - 12/10/17 at 1:03pm
post #3545 of 3585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Woodward View Post
 

Disney drinks DC's milkshake and may end up with the TV rights to Batman.

 

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/disney-could-emerge-from-fox-deal-with-part-ownership-of-the-batman-property-151-02


​So...Batman '66 revival? Screw the movies, that's the Batman project I want to see Jon Hamm do!

post #3546 of 3585

Yesterday at Comic-Con Experience 2017 in Brazil, WB laid out the upcoming slate of DC movies.

 

They are:

 

Aquaman (December 21, 2018)

Shazam (April 5, 2019)

Wonder Woman II (November 1, 2019)

Cyborg (2020)

Green Lantern Corps (2020)

 

Flashpoint (TBD)

Justice League Dark (TBD)

Suicide Squad 2 (TBD)

Batgirl (TBD)

 

The Batman (TBD) 

No Harley Quinn solo movie, no Gotham City Sirens, no stupid sounding Joker spin-offs. 

With them going forward on Flashpoint I'm guessing those who proposed it would be a soft reboot would probably be right. Also, dollars to donuts we're getting a recast Batman before the solo movie. 
 

post #3547 of 3585

Only one movie in 2018?

 

They're taking their time about it.

post #3548 of 3585

The lack of a Justice League 2 or Man of Steel 2, while not surprising, bums me out. 

 

What's also interesting is the lack of Chris McKay's Nightwing movie being mentioned. But mainly it seems the lesson WB learned from the massive success of WW and the underperformance of JL was to focus more on solo films. Although I can see the Justice League pop in and out throughout the solo movies. Like Batman having a role in WW2 or Superman stepping into a mentor role with Shazam. And then movies like Flashpoint and Suicide Squad 2 serving as sort of pseudo-JL sequels.

post #3549 of 3585
So it's curtains for Cavill. Can't see him cameoing in AQUAMAN or CYBORG. Maybe FLASHPOINT?
post #3550 of 3585

Man, I just said having him in a mentor role in Shazam would be perfect. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Franchises
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPECIFIC FILMS › The Franchises › DC Cinematic Universe Discussion