CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Focused Film Discussion › Suicide Squad pre-release discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suicide Squad pre-release discussion thread - Page 43

post #2101 of 2785

Leto's Joker laugh is so odd.  It's like, slow or something.  Like he's gasping for breathe inbetween Ha's.  

post #2102 of 2785

I'll refrain from posting it, but there's a B-Roll out there that should put a smile on the faces of a certain subset of fans. I won't say what it shows, but it's a small tip of the hat.

post #2103 of 2785
Some of the clips Conan showed last night had a bunch of new stuff. Including the Batman chase.
post #2104 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post

I'll refrain from posting it, but there's a B-Roll out there that should put a smile on the faces of a certain subset of fans. I won't say what it shows, but it's a small tip of the hat.

That's so ambiguous! B-Roll of something that will make some people happy!
post #2105 of 2785

I didn't want to say "Easter egg" because I hate that phrase, but that's what it is.

post #2106 of 2785
Don't say "Easter egg". Just say "There's a real humdinger of a jest that I'm privy to"
post #2107 of 2785
Quote:
 arley Quinn has always been a fan favorite at Comic-Con. But because this year’s convention falls just two weeks before the character is brought to life by Margot Robbie in Warner Bros.’s anti-hero ensemble Suicide Squad, the former psychiatrist-turned-baseball-bat-wielding-baddie is exceptionally popular this weekend in San Diego. And as we learned on a Saturday afternoon spent camped in San Diego’s convention center, the DC Comics character appeals to all demographics—from Latina strippers to stubbly Frenchmen unafraid to wear skintight boyshorts in front of thousands of strangers. Here’s what we learned from talking to a dozen cosplayers dressed as the Joker’s former flame.

Supervillain Fairytales Do Exist

Molly, a 24-year-old children’s entertainer from Apple Valley, California, told us how she recently married a Joker. Really.

Describing how they met a few years ago, Molly, who was dressed as Suicide Squad Harley, explained, “We work for a company called PS I Love You. . .It was our first show together. My boss was like, ‘Since we just hired you, can you be Harley Quinn for a show?’ They wanted to add this character to the program. The guy who ended up playing the Joker I married this past May.”

Molly said that the two incorporated hints of their DC Comics alter egos into their intimate Las Vegas nuptials—a purple tie for him, Harley-colored wedding-band gem stones for her—but will get married again in a more lavish affair. “We’re planning a huge Harley and Joker-themed wedding,” Molly said excitedly.

Molly’s brother—at this moment an impatient Jon Snow who had been tasked with holding Harley’s purse—had further introduced her to the character’s complex backstory. But Molly maintained that it was her real-life romance that “really sparked my love of Harley. That's how I met the love of my life.”

People Will Literally Travel 5,000 Miles For Her

Lauren, a sweet 23-year-old from Scotland, used a recent inheritance to make the trip to Comic-Con to pledge her formal allegiance to the character.

“There are Comic-Cons in Glasgow but they are really, really small,” Lauren, a modestly-dressed Harley, told us in her Scottish brogue. A childcare student, she came to love the character through her brother, a comic nerd, who also made the trip with her. After San Diego, the duo plan to attend the New York Comic-Con.

“My grandparents recently passed away and my parents said we could use our inheritance now or use it later,” Lauren explained. “We really wanted to do this, and it was halfway around the world. This is our first trip to America and everyone here is so friendly. The Americans have been so kind. The whole culture seems a bit more fast-paced. It’s competitive to get into things but once you do, it’s really worth it.”

Harley Inspires Grown Men to Wear Booty Shorts in Front of Thousands of Strangers

Olivier, a middle-aged French filmmaker, boldly attended Comic-Con in a homemade “Daddy’s Little Monster” baby tee, spangly blue-and-red shorts he found on Amazon, and pink and blue pigtails.

“I'm a big fan of old DC in general,” Olivier told us. “But Harley’s amazing. I love the actress that is playing her in the movie.” As the kind of diehard fan who was willing to bare his soul and hairy stomach for the character, though, Olivier had a few notes for newbie Harleys traipsing through the convention center perfectly-coiffed.

“I think what a lot of people don't get is that she is crazy,” Olivier said. “I think a lot of casual fans try to make her too pretty, like a Barbie Doll. But she's chaotic. She's crazy. She's insane. She's messy. She's psychotic.”

 

Harley’s Appeal Transcends Cultures and Possibly Psychological Disorders

A Latina Harley we spoke to identified her profession in three words that have likely never been uttered by any human in similar succession: “Stripper. Photographer. Mentor.”

“I've been dressing up since 1999,” said Latina Harley, 34. Speaking about how much she relates to the character, who met the Joker in a psych hospital, Latina Harley said, “I have a similar lifestyle. I have some mental instabilities that I consider my superpower. . .She has a yin and yang that I like. Some fans actually have a theory that she is the male soul and Joker is the female soul. So she's the alpha.”

Asked whether she ever dates cosplayers, she recoiled in disgust. “I’ve never dated a cosplayer. The men are very egotistical. But I haven't dated anyone in like 13 years. I'm complicated.”

There Is Bad Blood Between Old-School Fans and New Cosplayers

Some hardcore comic fans are wary and a wee bit judgmental of the new cosplayers only becoming interested in the character because of her mainstream debut via Suicide Squad. One Harley, who designed her costume based on the character’s Assault on Arkham adventures, wondered whether the new pig-tailed Harleys even know the character’s backstory.

“Do they really know who Harley is?” she wondered, arms crossed. “Are they really fans?”

“Usually you can tell based on [the cosplayer’s age],” she said. “If they are young, they usually don't know too much, sadly. Because you know she came out in 1994 when most of us were really young. And she was just a gag character the show introduced but she built up so much of a fan base that they spun her out into more.”

As a fortysomething Harley approached in a Suicide Squad-style baby tee and fishnets, this diehard Harley snarled.

“She seems older,” vintage Harley said, admitting her theory was disproved. “But also a lot of moms have been discovering the character because their kids want to see the movie.”

Her Popularity Is Only Growing

Between Suicide Squad and the recently-announced Harley Quinn spin-off film, the character is more in-demand than ever. While that may be an annoyance to the true-blue cosplayers who cast judgmental glares at the pigtailed women clearly cribbing their costume design from the character’s upcoming movie, they are open to the benefits of the character surge.

Desiree, a 26-year-old costume designer from Temecula, California, has cosplayed as Harley since 2007. Each year, she handcrafts a different costume—this year’s version was inspired by Arleen Sorkin’s clown homage as Calliope in Days of Our Lives, complete with immaculate white makeup and blue contact-lenses for added authenticity.

“I love classic Harley,” Desiree said. “But there is a lot more Harley Quinn merchandise this year, and booth decorations—some even have life-sized statues of her. For a collector like me, to have more merchandise is fantastic.”

post #2108 of 2785
Quote:VANITY FAIR
 Harley Quinn has always been a fan favorite at Comic-Con. But because this year’s convention falls just two weeks before the character is brought to life by Margot Robbie in Warner Bros.’s anti-hero ensemble Suicide Squad, the former psychiatrist-turned-baseball-bat-wielding-baddie is exceptionally popular this weekend in San Diego. And as we learned on a Saturday afternoon spent camped in San Diego’s convention center, the DC Comics character appeals to all demographics—from Latina strippers to stubbly Frenchmen unafraid to wear skintight boyshorts in front of thousands of strangers. Here’s what we learned from talking to a dozen cosplayers dressed as the Joker’s former flame.

Supervillain Fairytales Do Exist

Molly, a 24-year-old children’s entertainer from Apple Valley, California, told us how she recently married a Joker. Really.

Describing how they met a few years ago, Molly, who was dressed as Suicide Squad Harley, explained, “We work for a company called PS I Love You. . .It was our first show together. My boss was like, ‘Since we just hired you, can you be Harley Quinn for a show?’ They wanted to add this character to the program. The guy who ended up playing the Joker I married this past May.”

Molly said that the two incorporated hints of their DC Comics alter egos into their intimate Las Vegas nuptials—a purple tie for him, Harley-colored wedding-band gem stones for her—but will get married again in a more lavish affair. “We’re planning a huge Harley and Joker-themed wedding,” Molly said excitedly.

Molly’s brother—at this moment an impatient Jon Snow who had been tasked with holding Harley’s purse—had further introduced her to the character’s complex backstory. But Molly maintained that it was her real-life romance that “really sparked my love of Harley. That's how I met the love of my life.”

People Will Literally Travel 5,000 Miles For Her

Lauren, a sweet 23-year-old from Scotland, used a recent inheritance to make the trip to Comic-Con to pledge her formal allegiance to the character.

“There are Comic-Cons in Glasgow but they are really, really small,” Lauren, a modestly-dressed Harley, told us in her Scottish brogue. A childcare student, she came to love the character through her brother, a comic nerd, who also made the trip with her. After San Diego, the duo plan to attend the New York Comic-Con.

“My grandparents recently passed away and my parents said we could use our inheritance now or use it later,” Lauren explained. “We really wanted to do this, and it was halfway around the world. This is our first trip to America and everyone here is so friendly. The Americans have been so kind. The whole culture seems a bit more fast-paced. It’s competitive to get into things but once you do, it’s really worth it.”

Harley Inspires Grown Men to Wear Booty Shorts in Front of Thousands of Strangers

Olivier, a middle-aged French filmmaker, boldly attended Comic-Con in a homemade “Daddy’s Little Monster” baby tee, spangly blue-and-red shorts he found on Amazon, and pink and blue pigtails.

“I'm a big fan of old DC in general,” Olivier told us. “But Harley’s amazing. I love the actress that is playing her in the movie.” As the kind of diehard fan who was willing to bare his soul and hairy stomach for the character, though, Olivier had a few notes for newbie Harleys traipsing through the convention center perfectly-coiffed.

“I think what a lot of people don't get is that she is crazy,” Olivier said. “I think a lot of casual fans try to make her too pretty, like a Barbie Doll. But she's chaotic. She's crazy. She's insane. She's messy. She's psychotic.”

 

Harley’s Appeal Transcends Cultures and Possibly Psychological Disorders

A Latina Harley we spoke to identified her profession in three words that have likely never been uttered by any human in similar succession: “Stripper. Photographer. Mentor.”

“I've been dressing up since 1999,” said Latina Harley, 34. Speaking about how much she relates to the character, who met the Joker in a psych hospital, Latina Harley said, “I have a similar lifestyle. I have some mental instabilities that I consider my superpower. . .She has a yin and yang that I like. Some fans actually have a theory that she is the male soul and Joker is the female soul. So she's the alpha.”

Asked whether she ever dates cosplayers, she recoiled in disgust. “I’ve never dated a cosplayer. The men are very egotistical. But I haven't dated anyone in like 13 years. I'm complicated.”

There Is Bad Blood Between Old-School Fans and New Cosplayers

Some hardcore comic fans are wary and a wee bit judgmental of the new cosplayers only becoming interested in the character because of her mainstream debut via Suicide Squad. One Harley, who designed her costume based on the character’s Assault on Arkham adventures, wondered whether the new pig-tailed Harleys even know the character’s backstory.

“Do they really know who Harley is?” she wondered, arms crossed. “Are they really fans?”

“Usually you can tell based on [the cosplayer’s age],” she said. “If they are young, they usually don't know too much, sadly. Because you know she came out in 1994 when most of us were really young. And she was just a gag character the show introduced but she built up so much of a fan base that they spun her out into more.”

As a fortysomething Harley approached in a Suicide Squad-style baby tee and fishnets, this diehard Harley snarled.

“She seems older,” vintage Harley said, admitting her theory was disproved. “But also a lot of moms have been discovering the character because their kids want to see the movie.”

Her Popularity Is Only Growing

Between Suicide Squad and the recently-announced Harley Quinn spin-off film, the character is more in-demand than ever. While that may be an annoyance to the true-blue cosplayers who cast judgmental glares at the pigtailed women clearly cribbing their costume design from the character’s upcoming movie, they are open to the benefits of the character surge.

Desiree, a 26-year-old costume designer from Temecula, California, has cosplayed as Harley since 2007. Each year, she handcrafts a different costume—this year’s version was inspired by Arleen Sorkin’s clown homage as Calliope in Days of Our Lives, complete with immaculate white makeup and blue contact-lenses for added authenticity.

“I love classic Harley,” Desiree said. “But there is a lot more Harley Quinn merchandise this year, and booth decorations—some even have life-sized statues of her. For a collector like me, to have more merchandise is fantastic.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #2109 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post
 

I'll refrain from posting it, but there's a B-Roll out there that should put a smile on the faces of a certain subset of fans. I won't say what it shows, but it's a small tip of the hat.

 

I think i know what you meant. So great for Ayer to remind us of her roots.

post #2110 of 2785

The score is out there (albeit in terrible quality).

 

Ayer must have really loved the score Price did for Fury, because it's almost an exact replica, with a couple extra flourishes. Now, I love the Fury score, so I'm cool with it, but given the tone of the marketing, I thought it would be a more "fun" score, with more of the playfulness of The World's End, as opposed to more from the Gravity / Fury sandbox...No real recognizable theme ala Wonder Woman / Man of Steel...but better than Junkie XL's Batman Theme for sure...

post #2111 of 2785

Word on the street the review embargo is lifted on this Tuesday, August 2 at noon EST.

post #2112 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldRayo View Post

The score is out there (albeit in terrible quality).

Ayer must have really loved the score Price did for Fury, because it's almost an exact replica, with a couple extra flourishes. Now, I love the Fury score, so I'm cool with it, but given the tone of the marketing, I thought it would be a more "fun" score, with more of the playfulness of The World's End, as opposed to more from the Gravity / Fury sandbox...No real recognizable theme ala Wonder Woman / Man of Steel...but better than Junkie XL's Batman Theme for sure...

Would've been nice for each villain to have their own distinct theme but I guess we don't live in that kind of score world anymore.
post #2113 of 2785

never has the promotional stuff for a movie got me so hype and hesitant at the same time.

 

wrote this movie off when I first heard about it but LOVED the very first trailer. subsequent trailers were good but the tone got shifted into Guardians of the Galaxy territory and there were no reassurances about plot strength. TV spots have been hit or miss. actual scene clips have been OK but I entirely worry about this movie trying to do too much in terms of being jokey jokey and characters just constantly ribbing each other in lieu of, like, actual character dynamics and earned drama.

 

that said, this movie seems to be forging something of its own aesthetic, which is to be applauded when so many other current comic book movies feel generic, unimaginative, or crib too heavily from the source material or Nolan/Snyder/Marvelverse.

 

most of the characters look fairly interesting and fun, I just hope they're not stuck with a lame duck plot and that the movie is grounded in a solid narrative rather than just doing whatever it desperately can in the moment for entertainment value.

 

really have no idea what to expect overall, with this much promotion I usually have some sort of a sense of which way a movie is going to go for me, be it love, hate, or indifference. all feel like equal possibilities to me right now with this one, and I also have no idea how it will be critically received.

post #2114 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post
 

Word on the street the review embargo is lifted on this Tuesday, August 2 at noon EST.

 

Word on my street is that the embargo is lifted this Tuesday at 11:59am EST. We'll soon see whose street is correct, Bart! 

post #2115 of 2785
Word on the street is that boobs feel like bags of sand. My house is located on that street, so I know what I'm talking about.
post #2116 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post

Word on the street is that boobs feel like bags of sand. My house is located on that street, so I know what I'm talking about.

It works the other way, too! That's why I hold down my hot air balloon with actual tits.
post #2117 of 2785

post #2118 of 2785

Hey, what's going on in this thre--

 

post #2119 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by User_32 View Post


Would've been nice for each villain to have their own distinct theme but I guess we don't live in that kind of score world anymore.


Yeah, it was kind of disappointing in that regard. The only track that was specifically named for characters (Joker / Harley) bled into the rest of the soundtrack to the point that I didn't realize I had already passed the track when I was giving the album a listen. At least the Luthor (BvS) and Electro (ASM2) themes were so nutty that it was always unmistakable when they would pop up.

post #2120 of 2785
I just watched a clip that looks like the introduction of Katana, or at least her first scene with the main cast.

I've been on this movie's side since the first trailer, but that clip shook my faith a little bit. It was awkwardly staged and the dialogue was absurd.

Spoiler: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
After being disappointed by what I thought was a missing HQ accent, I'm now a little fearful that Robbie is leaning into it too much and not in a smart Pacino way of going over the top
post #2121 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post

I just watched a clip that looks like the introduction of Katana, or at least her first scene with the main cast.

I've been on this movie's side since the first trailer, but that clip shook my faith a little bit. It was awkwardly staged and the dialogue was absurd.

 

I saw the same clip and I think they must have edited out some stuff to make it shorter. Either that or it's just some poor cutting.

 

I thought Kinnaman's woodenness might translate well to a military character similar to his House of Cards role playing to his strengths (or weaknesses), but it seems like he's probably going to be a weak link in this.

 

My guess is that a lot of the awkwardness / absurdity of dialogue isn't being helped by having him hanging around the core team or "skwad".

 

edit:

 

Thinking about it some more, Harley Quinn's lines do seem like they were from the "more fun!" re-shoots WB ordered.

post #2122 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post

I just watched a clip that looks like the introduction of Katana, or at least her first scene with the main cast.

I've been on this movie's side since the first trailer, but that clip shook my faith a little bit. It was awkwardly staged and the dialogue was absurd.

Spoiler: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
After being disappointed by what I thought was a missing HQ accent, I'm now a little fearful that Robbie is leaning into it too much and not in a smart Pacino way of going over the top

I wonder if the accent is a choice to lean on it heavier at certain times or a failure or Robbie herself to be consistent?

post #2123 of 2785

I kind of figured Katana wasn't a prisoner. 

 

The scene's a little stiff, but it seems to be lacking a score or something. Feels very out of context, I'm sure it'll work better in the movie.

 

But yeah, it looks like they're going real broad, like Dredd 2012 or maybe even 1995 broad with the dialogue.

post #2124 of 2785

Really looking forward to this next week.

 

post #2125 of 2785

So they're fighting crumbling magic monsters?

 

It blows my mind that after so many trailers and classic rock greatest hits we still don't know what this movie is about.

post #2126 of 2785

Some red carpet interviews. Nothing spoilery, I think, though Ayer does directly address a fan theory re: the Joker.

 

 

And Karen Fukuhara is.....damn attractive.

post #2127 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post
 

So they're fighting crumbling magic monsters?

 

It blows my mind that after so many trailers and classic rock greatest hits we still don't know what this movie is about.

 

I am betting.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The Enchantress is the Big Bad they are fighting.
post #2128 of 2785
If you've been watching closely, you can fit a lot of this stuff together. I'm not sure exactly how the third act clicks, but the layout of the first two acts seems clear.

I also agree that some of the individual clips seem a little... off.
post #2129 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
 

 

I am betting.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The Enchantress is the Big Bad they are fighting.


It's a safe bet, but what are said villain's motivation and/or plan?

 

Guess we'll know on Tuesday at 11:59 AM!!!

post #2130 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

I am betting.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The Enchantress is the Big Bad they are fighting.
One of the recent ads actually definitively shows just that. Unfortunately, there have been so many footage dumps lately, I don't know which ad to link to.
post #2131 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentsands77 View Post

If you've been watching closely, you can fit a lot of this stuff together. I'm not sure exactly how the third act clicks, but the layout of the first two acts seems clear.

 

I think.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The Bar scene is near the Climax of the film. Since i don't see Rick Flagg. I think he bites it.
post #2132 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
 

 

I think.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The Bar scene is near the Climax of the film. Since i don't see Rick Flagg. I think he bites it.

Isn't 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Enchantress his love interest?  Maybe he's kidnapped.  They share a kiss in the trailer.  
post #2133 of 2785

I guess we'll find out next week. They are really doing a good job in keeping the plot specifics under wraps.

post #2134 of 2785

yeah, that's what is really bugging me at the moment, the scene clips aren't working very well. feels like footage is missing or stuff is being tacked on to hold audience hands and try to elicit more chuckles. Or maybe this movie is just poorly edited.

 

I wonder if this could be a film where we actually get a SHORTER director's cut on Blu and it's massively better? Because I watch that first trailer and compare that to what this movie has seemingly become and I really have to wonder if there was a course-correction to shoehorn in more Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy frivolity. a lot of what I've seen of that type of winky-winky stuff in this movie, aside from some of the nice little character beats for Harley, feels really forced.

post #2135 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp View Post

a lot of what I've seen of that type of winky-winky stuff in this movie, aside from some of the nice little character beats for Harley, feels really forced.
Yep. It feels miscalibrated.

Maybe the clips are weirdly manipulated, and maybe it all plays better in context. But, so far, the tone seems all over the map.

I know there were rumors that they were ramping the humor up during reshoots, but some of this stuff had to be there to start with.
post #2136 of 2785
People complaining about the clips need to watch that Arnold movie Sabotage right now and then immidiately lower your expectations.

Low expectations never hurt anyone, and Ayer is a guy with flaws.

I want to see that movie the first trailer promised. Honest to god mentally unstable disturbing bad guys. The last few trailers have implied these guys are more anti heroes than villains. Hopefully it's not a problem in the movie and our bad guys do some bad stuff.
post #2137 of 2785

oh, but they DO do bad things, Free, didn't you see Harley shoplift?!

post #2138 of 2785

I really hope there is treachery and ulterior motives and backstabbing and real, significant, violent collateral damage in this thing. otherwise, what's the point of it being villains?

 

I also hope the joke-to-actual-story ratio is significantly lower than the clips would lead me to believe.

post #2139 of 2785
That's what I'm saying. Shop lifting and being whacky characters is not enough.
post #2140 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

That's what I'm saying. Shop lifting and being whacky characters is not enough.

Pretty much. At best, these characters will be wuddly cuddly anti-heroes that do whatever an anti-hero can: kill cgi monsters, obviously.


The hype-machine is in full effect, and I feel so meh about this one.
post #2141 of 2785
I've come to enjoy the aesthetic. The culture it's playing off of is very much not my culture, but I admire the film's commitment to its particular aesthetic. In visual terms, the footage we've seen so far exhibits panache and showmanship.

But, yeah, the more I see of the film itself, the lower my expectations get.
post #2142 of 2785
I imagine Boomerang will be the guy most of the treacherous, shitheel stuff will be coming from. What you're likely to see is that most of the characters, minus Boomerang, will have sympathetic backgrounds / origins, but still be criminals.

If all of these characters were unrepentant pricks, The Joker wouldn't provide as sharp a contrast.
post #2143 of 2785
Well, if you look at the group, Deadshot may well be positioned as the wronged man, Killer Croc a guy angry at his condition who learns to love himself, and fire tattoo guy looks like someone with a crippling conflict of power v conscience (judging only by some of the little bits in the trailers) who could sacrifice himself for the greater good. That leaves Harley whose arc could be redemptive and throwing off the Joker's influence despite being tempted one last time, and Boomerang who just looks like a comically unrepentant mischievous hobo.

I'm utterly spitballing but the film dealing with these characters as essentially sympathetic is not that hard to imagine. I'd be stunned if they went nihilistic with this, especially after the negative reaction to BvS.
post #2144 of 2785
Boomerang is almost always a self-centered, repugnant coward. The shot of Courtney sipping the beer while ducking out of sight is spot on.
post #2145 of 2785
For what it's worth, some of the other clips have enshrined my faith in Leto and...Jai Courtney. That's right. I can now not imagine anyone having an issue with Courtney's performance. I suspect that no matter how the film as a whole is received, he'll be put up as one of its stronger elements.

I think it's a cross between bland hero roles and the flat affect of his American accent that has done him zero favors in the past.
post #2146 of 2785

Although I enjoy Leto's dazed, almost drunk/high kind of swagger I do hope that the laugh we keep hearing isn't his choice for the laughter.  In all the incarnations I've never really pictured his laugh as a dying animal.  

post #2147 of 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhp1608 View Post


I'm utterly spitballing but the film dealing with these characters as essentially sympathetic is not that hard to imagine. I'd be stunned if they went nihilistic with this, especially after the negative reaction to BvS.

 

Which would be kind of a shame, considering the fact that "nihilistic" is the word that best describes the David Ayers films I've seen.

post #2148 of 2785
This is a pretty entertaining and short article about Courtney's approach, psilocybin mushrooms and putting cigarettes out on himself:

http://screenrant.com/suicide-squad-jai-courtney-magic-mushrooms-self-harm/


There's also a good story about his hairstyle in the film.
post #2149 of 2785
Still didn't make him interesting. His interview on Colbert made him look like a blank-eyed psychopath
post #2150 of 2785

Mid credits scene confirmed

 

And it supposed to be a "pivotal" one.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Focused Film Discussion
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Focused Film Discussion › Suicide Squad pre-release discussion thread