CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Sports › 2015 NFL THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015 NFL THREAD

post #1 of 3360
Thread Starter 

Rex Ryan wants to build a bully in Buffalo...

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000470174/article/rex-ryan-wants-to-build-a-bully-but-only-on-field

 

 

Rex, I think you're a great coach, but signing perpetual douchebag Incognito and then using the word "bully"? Ugh. All that furor for an OK OL. Main problem in Buf is going to be the problem he had in NY - no QB. 

post #2 of 3360

Your Packers were cold blooded in cutting that TE who couldn't catch the ball.

post #3 of 3360

Yeah, not only did they cut him but they slashed his car tires in the parking lot too!

 

In other news, Fitz resigns with the Cardinals.

post #4 of 3360

Really hoping that we don't trade AP.  He's gonna be hungry to prove something this coming season.

post #5 of 3360

The Buccaneers could save a ton of money by just having message board posters be their scouting department.  Because apparently these guys are the greatest football experts ever assembled, and have a fair dose of clairvoyance too.

post #6 of 3360
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post
 

Your Packers were cold blooded in cutting that TE who couldn't catch the ball.

 

 

Better players have been cut for far less. 

post #7 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

Really hoping that we don't trade AP.  He's gonna be hungry to prove something this coming season.


Keep Him.  I wouldn't want that trash.

 

Bears are sending signals that Marshall could be out and they won't commit to Cutler.  Love them for this.

post #8 of 3360
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post
 


Keep Him.  I wouldn't want that trash.

 

Bears are sending signals that Marshall could be out and they won't commit to Cutler.  Love them for this.

 

I think Cutler gets a little over-hated, but I also don't think he's ever going to carry a team to a SB win. 

post #9 of 3360
Thread Starter 
post #10 of 3360
post #11 of 3360

Jay Gruden, just six weeks ago:

 

Quote:
“You’d like to try to narrow it down to at least two [quarterbacks going into training camp]. If somebody said that hey, you have to play with this guy this guy or that guy, I’d be comfortable working with one. I’d like to pick one as soon as I could, so we can really try to work and grind and develop him. But until that position is earned, you have to have a competition. And I anticipate us having a competition in a lot of spots, and quarterback’s no different next year.”

 

Jay Gruden, Wednesday:

 

Quote:
“We anticipate [Griffin as the starter] going forward”

 

and

 

Quote:
“We’ll go into the season with Robert as the No. 1 guy, obviously,””

 

This is what a man sounds like with Dan Snyder's angry hand up his ass making his mouth move.

post #12 of 3360

That's why Gase was smart to turn down the 49ers job.  You may want a head coaching job but it's not worth it with shitty ownership.

post #13 of 3360

We might be at the all time low in terms of happy fanbases.  Even the Patriots fans are miserable.  Mostly because they're angry, combative Bostonians who are never happy anyway, but also because they're buried in snow, (and everyone thinks their team cheats.)


 

I mean, outside of Indy, which just assumes with Luck Super Bowls will come their way eventually, who is happy?  Seattle and Green Bay have immediate futures that look reasonably hopeful, but they are haunted by heartbreak losses.  The Cowboys might be the second happiest fanbase in the NFL right now.  Think about that.

post #14 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post

We might be at the all time low in terms of happy fanbases.  Even the Patriots fans are miserable.  Mostly because they're angry, combative Bostonians who are never happy anyway, but also because they're buried in snow, (and everyone thinks their team cheats.)


 
I mean, outside of Indy, which just assumes with Luck Super Bowls will come their way eventually, who is happy?  Seattle and Green Bay have immediate futures that look reasonably hopeful, but they are haunted by heartbreak losses.  The Cowboys might be the second happiest fanbase in the NFL right now.  Think about that.

Cards fans are pretty happy since they resigned Fitzgerald.
post #15 of 3360

I was automatically eliminating any team that didn't have what I feel is a franchise QB, but given how last year unfolded I can see how Card fans would think if they can just get Palmer back healthy they'll be ready.

post #16 of 3360

So looks like if the Bucs want out of taking Winston they have an excuse

 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12354148/2015-nfl-combine-jameis-winston-experiencing-weakness-shoulder

 

And Adrian Peterson is all hurt the Vikes didn't stand by him

 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12350074/adrian-peterson-unsure-potential-return-minnesota-vikings

 

Peterson should just be glad somebody wants him.  I hope Minny backing him is a ploy to trade him.  He deserves Oakland.

post #17 of 3360

So, I made a joke about the Browns unveiling a new logo, and it just being another helmet.

 

Rumor is, it actually IS just another fucking helmet, with the colors slightly changed.

post #18 of 3360
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
 

So, I made a joke about the Browns unveiling a new logo, and it just being another helmet.

 

Rumor is, it actually IS just another fucking helmet, with the colors slightly changed.

 

Damn Browns just undermined your satire. Sonsabitches. 

post #19 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavez View Post
 

 

Damn Browns just undermined your satire. Sonsabitches. 

 

They usually do.

 

And Bailey, the Cards were 6-0 with Palmer as a starter. That's not bad.

post #20 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoubt View Post
 


 

And Bailey, the Cards were 6-0 with Palmer as a starter. That's not bad.


I know, that's why I mentioned how last season unfolded. Things were going great and then they got hit with some terrible breaks.  Still, I never considered them a serious contender because I don't think at this stage Carson Palmer is leading anybody to a title.  I was consistent on that even before he got hurt.  But that's also why I said "I can see why Cards fans would think..."  It's just my opinion.

post #21 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
 


I know, that's why I mentioned how last season unfolded. Things were going great and then they got hit with some terrible breaks.  Still, I never considered them a serious contender because I don't think at this stage Carson Palmer is leading anybody to a title.  I was consistent on that even before he got hurt.  But that's also why I said "I can see why Cards fans would think..."  It's just my opinion.

 

YOUR OPINION IS UGLY AND WRONG!

post #22 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
 

So, I made a joke about the Browns unveiling a new logo, and it just being another helmet.

 

Rumor is, it actually IS just another fucking helmet, with the colors slightly changed.

OHHHH no, it's much more than that wait no it's not:

 



BOLD.

post #23 of 3360

Good god, it's not even a new helmet. It's the old stock helmet image that all of the NFL uses.

 

Mangy, seriously, it's time for you to put on the red and white.

 

post #24 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
 

Good god, it's not even a new helmet. It's the old stock helmet image that all of the NFL uses.

Orange is the new orange.

 

Quote:
Mangy, seriously, it's time for you to put on the red and white.

 

Sold! 

post #25 of 3360

Done! He's ours, Cardinals fans!

post #26 of 3360
post #27 of 3360
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
 

Done! He's ours, Cardinals fans!

 

So if the Browns break through and the Cards go back to being...well, the Cards, obviously the problem with Cleveland was Mangy. 

post #28 of 3360
So the word on the street is they're thinking about changing the defensive pass interference penalty to 15 yards and a scolding.

This is, to be blunt, a bad idea. What's to stop cornerbacks, safeties, etc, from mugging the receivers if they look like they're going to get beat deep? Answer: nothing.
post #29 of 3360

I assume if they do that that means they're going to start calling it more to the letter of the law.  Because otherwise it would be way too much of a defense-oriented change, and we all know the NFL hates defense.
 

post #30 of 3360

So if the rumors are true a Dez Bryant video that's worse than Ray Rice is going to be released soon.  So if the internet breaks now you know why.

 

I hope the video makes Skip Bayless cry.

post #31 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post

So if the rumors are true a Dez Bryant video that's worse than Ray Rice is going to be released soon.  So if the internet breaks now you know why.

I hope the video makes Skip Bayless cry.

I can only imagine. Violence against a woman? A puppy? An orphanage? Drug use? Gay bashing? Burning all the concussion data?
post #32 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmurdoch View Post

I can only imagine. Violence against a woman? A puppy? An orphanage? Drug use? Gay bashing? Burning all the concussion data?

Maybe it'll be him beating his wife, after killing a bunch of dogs while using gay slurs.
post #33 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
 
 The Cowboys might be the second happiest fanbase in the NFL right now.  Think about that.

 

I guess I thought about it a little too hard.

post #34 of 3360

I think it's 50/50 at best that this tape exists. 

post #35 of 3360
If the Cowboys have to outbid TMZ to get their hands on it first, does that count against Dez's cap number?
post #36 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post

I think it's 50/50 at best that this tape exists. 

It's on the shelf next to Michelle Obama's "whitey" tape.
post #37 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoubt View Post

So the word on the street is they're thinking about changing the defensive pass interference penalty to 15 yards and a scolding.

This is, to be blunt, a bad idea. What's to stop cornerbacks, safeties, etc, from mugging the receivers if they look like they're going to get beat deep? Answer: nothing.

 

So, no more 1st down at the spot of the penalty? Hot damn, Patrick Peterson will be relevant again!*

 

*Seriously, fuck the rules changes that have neutered Cornerbacks and rendered them completely incapable of playing physical football.

post #38 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post
 

I think it's 50/50 at best that this tape exists. 

 

It's probably 70/30 it exists and 30/70 that the NFL will admit to seeing it before the public does.

post #39 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post

So, no more 1st down at the spot of the penalty? Hot damn, Patrick Peterson will be relevant again!*

*Seriously, fuck the rules changes that have neutered Cornerbacks and rendered them completely incapable of playing physical football.

I honestly cannot imagine they're changing the rule because they want corners to be more physical. They might not mind it as a consequence of a rule they're changing for some other reason (though the league's offensive forward agenda seems counter to that), but more to the point it seems like you're essentially saying they're lessening the penalty in order to dare DBs to commit more fouls. Why would the competition committee want that?
post #40 of 3360
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
 

 

So, no more 1st down at the spot of the penalty? Hot damn, Patrick Peterson will be relevant again!*

 

*Seriously, fuck the rules changes that have neutered Cornerbacks and rendered them completely incapable of playing physical football.

 

 

I'm in favor of it; it isn't as if a 15 yd penalty isn't significant. 

post #41 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavez View Post


I'm in favor of it; it isn't as if a 15 yd penalty isn't significant. 

No, but it creates an incentive to foul on any pass longer than 16 yards.
post #42 of 3360
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoubt View Post

No, but it creates an incentive to foul on any pass longer than 16 yards.
eh, I don't buy it. That's what penalty in hs and college and it isn't as if PI is wildly out of control at those levels. Plus there's the factor of a free down, if not a first down.

Usually when a player is beaten badly enough to think "oh shit, my only chance is to outright tackle this guy" it's probably too late even for that.

I say this as a HS OLB/DB whose best bet was probably tackling the guy I was covering if/when I figured out who it was.
post #43 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavez View Post


eh, I don't buy it. That's what penalty in hs and college and it isn't as if PI is wildly out of control at those levels. Plus there's the factor of a free down, if not a first down.

Usually when a player is beaten badly enough to think "oh shit, my only chance is to outright tackle this guy" it's probably too late even for that.

I say this as a HS OLB/DB whose best bet was probably tackling the guy I was covering if/when I figured out who it was.

 

Yeah, well when the NFL starts to suck because of this rule change, don't come crying to me!

post #44 of 3360
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoubt View Post
 

 

Yeah, well when the NFL starts to suck because of this rule change, don't come crying to me!

 

 

If I had a nickel every time someone predicted the NFL would suck because of a medium-sized rule change, I'd have....um, a lot of nickels. 

post #45 of 3360

This rule would pretty much destroy Baltimore's "throw long and pray" offense. Therefore, I hope it passes.

post #46 of 3360

Sounds like the Dez tape is real.  Screen Shots were sent out to potential buyers and Adam Shefter said he was working o this story since September.  Step up TMZ and ruin the Cowboys season.

post #47 of 3360

The Packers released AJ Hawk. When you're in a division that's notorious for being bad at defense across the board, it's always smart to jettison your best tacklers.

post #48 of 3360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post

Sounds like the Dez tape is real.  Screen Shots were sent out to potential buyers and Adam Shefter said he was working o this story since September.  Step up TMZ and ruin the Cowboys season.

That leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like when the a NFL starts mucking with pass interference rules.
post #49 of 3360
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
 

The Packers released AJ Hawk. When you're in a division that's notorious for being bad at defense across the board, it's always smart to jettison your best tacklers.

 

 

No, this is wrong.....look, the press releases are putting a shine on the turd by tallying AJ Hawk's tackle totals. Sure, he made the Pro Bowl once, but aside from maybe a game or 2 over his entire 9 yr career, the guy was never really an impact player. I refer to it as playing downhill - delivering the blow, getting into the other team's backfield and disrupting plays, etc. That never happened. At his best, he was a steadying influence who kept 4 yd gains from rupturing into something bigger. He was always exploitable in coverage. 

 

For the bulk of his career, he was pretty much an average player; the last couple years, he was an absolute negative on defense. All that said, he is/was apparently a great character guy, took terrific care of himself, never complained, and showed up every week. Good luck to him, but there aren't many GB fans weeping about him leaving. GB also cut Brad Jones, which means they've gutted their ILB position, and it was long overdue - it was the WORST spot on their defense last year, and possibly the year before (and "possibly" is saying something when their safeties had zero ints in 2013; it's arguable because S Morgan Burnett is a decent player but was off his game due to whoever they tried at the other S being horrible; with Clinton-Dix next to him, Burnett played much better). 

post #50 of 3360

That makes a lot of sense, Chavez. So, this is more akin to Larry Foote retiring from the Cardinals a joining the coaching staff, than it is Darnell Dockett being cut and entering free agency (the latter of which won't happen!).

 

He was a body on the field and a good presence in the locker room, but was never anything spectacular -- the team just never bothered to upgrade from him. Well, best of luck to Hawk, then.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Sports › 2015 NFL THREAD