CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Sports › The Chicago Cubs March to the 2015 World Series
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Chicago Cubs March to the 2015 World Series - Page 3

Poll Results: How well will the Cubs do this year

 
  • 21% (4)
    Win World series
  • 5% (1)
    Win the Central Division
  • 15% (3)
    Get a Wild Card Spot
  • 15% (3)
    Be better than the White Sox but miss playoffs
  • 42% (8)
    Continue to be a joke
19 Total Votes  
post #101 of 391

How many games have been decided by 1 run?  We've played an incredible amount of games that are tight. 

post #102 of 391
Thread Starter 

Cubs lead the league with 11 wins in last at bat. 

post #103 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post
 

Cubs lead the league with 11 wins in last at bat. 


Yeah, I heard that last night.  Total one run wins has also got be league leading. 

post #104 of 391
Thread Starter 

Kyle Schwarber is coming up for 6 games to DH.  Won't do it tonight but will probably PH. 

 

And I love seeing the Cards being investigated by the FBI and Justice.  Sure it may be just 1 guy but maybe it'll reach deeper.  Cards might be the Pats of MLB.

post #105 of 391

Yep.  Gonna be fun watching Scwarber DH.   

 

I mean what the hell is going on with the Cards?!?!   Crazy shit.  

post #106 of 391
Thread Starter 

Only 3 teams have beaten a Cleveland team 17-0.

 

Bears

White Sox

Cubs

 

Get a hockey team Cleveland.

post #107 of 391
Thread Starter 

And Kyle Schwarber is really good.  Hopefully the rain doesn't negate his first MLB Home Run.

post #108 of 391

How the fuck do you send him back down!  

 

Edit:  looks like the rain will be about an hour

post #109 of 391
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccc View Post
 

How the fuck do you send him back down!  

 

 

No room for him.  He's not ready to catch yet and he won't play that much if he was up.  Almost makes you wish they had the DH in the NL.  Almost.

 

He better be on the World Series Roster

 

Off topic Baseball-How sad are Royals fans that they would vote their entire team on?  There will be 5 or 6 guys left off the team because of this crap.  Good news for the NL though.

post #110 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post
 

No room for him.  He's not ready to catch yet and he won't play that much if he was up.  Almost makes you wish they had the DH in the NL.  Almost.

 

He better be on the World Series Roster

 

Off topic Baseball-How sad are Royals fans that they would vote their entire team on?  There will be 5 or 6 guys left off the team because of this crap.  Good news for the NL though.

 


Agreed.  He's a classic DH, but I think he's fine at catcher as long as he rakes.  

post #111 of 391

Aside me from punching walls and raging over yesterday game.  Good win.

post #112 of 391
Thread Starter 

They sky and Wrigley looked beautiful yesterday.  The Stay Puft Marshmallow in right field on twitter was a nice touch.

 

Big week ahead.  3 more with the Dodgers then to St Louis for 3. 

 

It's crazy I complain about the Cubs record but they would be in first in every other division except the AL Central and there they would be 2.5 back.  The Cards are just Inhuman right now.  And they are in the #2 Wild Card spot and will be in the hunt all year.  Just those fucking Cards.

post #113 of 391
That felt like a huge win last night. Gotta love Maddon pulling out all the stops. You are god damn right this game is under protest!!!! I could not stop laughing. Amazing win and hopefully fowler is alright.
post #114 of 391

post #115 of 391
Thread Starter 

From Monday

 

 

Tuesday

 

 

Lots of strange things happening at Wrigley.

post #116 of 391

Bob Costas doesn't fucking play

 

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/holy-shit-bob-costas-1714328813

 

This is the best thing he's done since appearing in Pootie Tang

post #117 of 391
Thread Starter 

Costas is a fucking idiot.

 

From Adam Schefter on twitter.  Blew my mind.

Quote:
 Bobby Bonilla collects $1.193M from Mets today, as he will each July 1 through 2035; makes more this yr than R. Wilson has in each NFL year.

That's fucking crazy.

post #118 of 391

I saw that today.  He had a 5.9M buyout or they offerened him 1.93M for 25 years?   LOL!  

post #119 of 391

Chris Denorfia responsible for all the postgame magic songs. Cars, Steve Miller Band, Song from Pitch Perfect soundtrack..yeah you heard me

 

 

 

LOL!

post #120 of 391
Thread Starter 

Can the Cubs play the Mets everyday? 

 

See that Rizzo slide?  Magic.

post #121 of 391

Yes, please!  

 

Mets everyday!   Hope we let the good times role with Marlins in Wrigley.  

 

 


Edited by cccc - 7/3/15 at 7:13am
post #122 of 391
Thread Starter 

Finally Lester is Lester.  He needs to pitch near this the rest of the way. 

 

The WC hunt is between 4 teams-Cubs, Pirates, Mets, Giants.  Pirates should have the first on lock so that leaves 3.  I don't see the Mets hanging in there so all the Cubs have to do is hold off the Giants.  Just the defending champs.  No biggie.

 

Love the Cubs t get Hamels if they don't give up much.  If they eat the entire contract and the Philies shouldn't get much in return.

post #123 of 391
Call me crazy but I'm still not giving up on the division. I sense a crazy run in August. Yes, I'd love hammel but the Philly FO is such a Fucking mess to even pull a trade off.
post #124 of 391
Lester has been solid the past 4-5 starts. He's always been a second half pitcher. The best is yet to come!
post #125 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccc View Post

Call me crazy but I'm still not giving up on the division. I sense a crazy run in August. Yes, I'd love hammel but the Philly FO is such a Fucking mess to even pull a trade off.

 

You crazy.  Wild-Card or bust.  We ain't catching up to the Cards OR Pirates

post #126 of 391

Let's see if their starters hold out.  I'm guessing fatigue will set in.  

post #127 of 391

hmmmmmm Schwarber.

post #128 of 391

No shit!  Now let's win this fucking game!

post #129 of 391

HMMMMMM SCCHHHHWWAARRRBBBEERRRRR

post #130 of 391
Dude can rake! Now we have to get rizz and kb back on track. Let's play two!
post #131 of 391
Thread Starter 

Yeah nobody is getting Schwarber in a trade now. 

 

And I really don't want to see the Cubs give up a ton for a starter.  The idea or a Russell, Bryant, Rizzo, Schwarber hitting 2-5 will be great next year once the rookies settles.  And David Price has made it known he'd like to be a Cub. 

 

The Cubs are proving they can win and the Free Agent pitchers will be begging to play here.  Be patient Theo.  I can wait 1 more year.

post #132 of 391
Thread Starter 

 7,920 since the Cubs were no hit last.  Cole Hamels does it today.  Fucking Phillies.  Losing the first 2 in the series is disgraceful.

 

Was at the game yesterday.  Cubs could use a legit closer like say, Paplebon. 

 

Got my Schwarber jersey too.  Only wished he played.

post #133 of 391

What a fucking meltdown tonight.  So Cubs.  I'm speechless.

post #134 of 391

I was there today.

 

Holy Shit.

 

Wrigley was magic after that.  Everybody was going nuts in the bleachers and on the way out. 

 

Not good we had to win it like that, but we're a one run win kind of team. 

post #135 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costco Mike View Post
 

I was there today.

 

Holy Shit.

 

Wrigley was magic after that.  Everybody was going nuts in the bleachers and on the way out. 

 

Not good we had to win it like that, but we're a one run win kind of team. 

You lucky shit!  It really did feel like a loss that was the season.  What an amazing comeback!   They needed that in the worse way.


Edited by cccc - 7/28/15 at 6:10am
post #136 of 391

They really did.  We need to get ours bats operating again though.  Nooo offeeennnnseeee and our bullpen is getting worse. 

post #137 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costco Mike View Post
 

They really did.  We need to get ours bats operating again though.  Nooo offeeennnnseeee and our bullpen is getting worse. 

I think our bullpen is getting worse because we don't have a 4 and 5 starter

post #138 of 391

It's a shame the Astros are no longer in the NL Central. I would have greatly enjoyed trashing talking back and forth with you guys in this thread (now that the Astros are relevant again). As it is all I can do is read this thread on occasion to see how it's going and continue to hate the damned designated hitter.

post #139 of 391
Thread Starter 

Guess it's a trade with the Padres or bust with the Cubs.  Everyone else the Cubs would want is just about gone.

 

and they say it could be small or a huge number of players on both sides

post #140 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post
 

Guess it's a trade with the Padres or bust with the Cubs.  Everyone else the Cubs would want is just about gone.

 

and they say it could be small or a huge number of players on both sides

Pretty much.  I really like the upside of Tyson Ross. 

 

I still can't believe that Lester's 14K is the most since Mark Prior.  

post #141 of 391
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccc View Post

 

I still can't believe that Lester's 14K is the most since Mark Prior.  

And most for a Cubs lefty since 1914

post #142 of 391

Yeah, saw that too!  Wow.  

post #143 of 391
Thread Starter 

Dan Haren to the Cubs.  Didn't give up much.  He'll be a good 4th/5th guy.  Just looking at his games he doesn't give up a ton of runs so if the Cubs offense ever gets going the should roll.

post #144 of 391
Thread Starter 

Sounds like everyone wants Baez in any deal.  If I'm the Cubs I pull the trigger on the best pitcher for him.  He may turn out to be great but that swing for the fences mentality he has bugs me.

post #145 of 391
Thread Starter 

Cubs get RP Tommy Hunter for junior Lake.  He'll never be anything and the Cubs need a decent BP arm

post #146 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post
 

Sounds like everyone wants Baez in any deal.  If I'm the Cubs I pull the trigger on the best pitcher for him.  He may turn out to be great but that swing for the fences mentality he has bugs me.

I still have hope in Baez.  I like his minimal new swing and I hate to trade a SS/2B with the potential to hit 30 HR's for a pitcher.  I don't mind them holding on to him.  

post #147 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post
 

Cubs get RP Tommy Hunter for junior Lake.  He'll never be anything and the Cubs need a decent BP arm

I actually like this move.  Hunter throws hard and there's a need for another arm.  Although, it's just a rental.

post #148 of 391

I REALLY want to get 10 over .500 today.  It's going to be a huge week with Pit and Giants.  Just hope Rizzo stays hot and Bryant gets out of this damn funk.

post #149 of 391
Thread Starter 

Tommy Hunter already proved useful.  Hope Haren does the same today.

 

10 games over would be huge.  Big confidence builder.  Still can't believe the Cards are ruining the division race.  Any other division and the Cubs may have went for a bat and bigger arm.  Big diff with being 10 games out and 3 or 1.

post #150 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post
 

Tommy Hunter already proved useful.  Hope Haren does the same today.

 

10 games over would be huge.  Big confidence builder.  Still can't believe the Cards are ruining the division race.  Any other division and the Cubs may have went for a bat and bigger arm.  Big diff with being 10 games out and 3 or 1​

its not haren today. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Sports › The Chicago Cubs March to the 2015 World Series