CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Sports › The Chicago Cubs March to the 2015 World Series
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Chicago Cubs March to the 2015 World Series - Page 8

Poll Results: How well will the Cubs do this year

 
  • 21% (4)
    Win World series
  • 5% (1)
    Win the Central Division
  • 15% (3)
    Get a Wild Card Spot
  • 15% (3)
    Be better than the White Sox but miss playoffs
  • 42% (8)
    Continue to be a joke
19 Total Votes  
post #351 of 391

Still sexy as hell!

 

 

Prediction.  Cubs in 5.  

post #352 of 391
Thread Starter 

Thinking 5 as well.  They are beating the narrative that this is a different Mets team(when they pick them) but fail to mention that this Cub team is much better too.  Cubs were only 5 games over when they beat the Mets.  After Schwarber and the bullpen adds they became the best team in baseball.  Also the Cubs hit these pitchers already.  They act like the Cubs won their games 1-0

post #353 of 391
Thread Starter 

Just how bad was the Cubs Front Office?

 

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-the-cubs-emerged-from-the-stone-age-1445014187?tesla=y

 

Quote:
 

The office Tom Ricketts inherited when he took over the Chicago Cubs in 2009 was a windowless room beneath the upper deck of Wrigley Field. A closet just outside his door contained all of the team’s computer servers, which were covered by a cafeteria tray to shield them from the water that would leak through the ceiling when it rained.

 

The Cubs were still processing season ticket orders by fax machine. They kept up on trade news by employing someone to scan the Internet for articles and deliver printouts to executives’ desks. Some of their staffers were barely on e-mail. And space was so limited that half of them worked in trailers in the parking lot.

Fuck the Tribune Co.

post #354 of 391

I read that today.  Holy Shit!

 

No wonder we didn't win shit.

 

They ran it like it was 1970

post #355 of 391
Thread Starter 

Oct 14th - Smallest crowd at World Series, 6,210 fans see Cubs beat Tigers. 

post #356 of 391

I hope Soler doesn't wear that ski mask thing tonight.  Every time he does he's complete shit.

post #357 of 391
post #358 of 391
Thread Starter 

 

Schwarber and Bryant going deep today.

post #359 of 391

I have Baez having a big game.  Just have a feeling he'll break out in a big way this series.  

post #360 of 391
Thread Starter 

Rizzo/Bryant need to come out big.

post #361 of 391
Bryant showed life. The O is due for a breakout at home. Just win Tuesday and get the dongs going. Would be a huge boost for the team if Hendricks steps up.
post #362 of 391

Finally!

 

No idea why the San Fran deal broke down, but I'm glad MLB sided with the Cubs in this mess.

 

 

https://twitter.com/JesseSanchezMLB/status/656173838594498560

post #363 of 391
Thread Starter 

But is he afraid to hit in the cold?

post #364 of 391
Thread Starter 
Wish the Cubs could play the day games. Guess that will only happen if the Yankees are also playing.
post #365 of 391
Thread Starter 

0-23 leading off inning vs Mets.  Tough to have rally with that. 

 

Please launch Tommy LaStella into space.  Than you

post #366 of 391

Offense didn't show up this series at all.   Let's just win a damn game and see what the hell happens.

 

Whatever, It's been a helluva year.  A year I never saw coming and enjoyed every second of it.  175 days till opening day and I can hardly wait.  Get some pitching and a CF'er.  

 

 

Soler will be a beast next year.  

 

Edit:  Give it the Mets out played us in every aspect of the game.  Kudos.  

post #367 of 391
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccc View Post
 

Offense didn't show up this series at all.   Let's just win a damn game and see what the hell happens.

 

Whatever, It's been a helluva year.  A year I never saw coming and enjoyed every second of it.  175 days till opening day and I can hardly wait.  Get some pitching and a CF'er.  

 

 

Soler will be a beast next year.  

 

Edit:  Give it the Mets out played us in every aspect of the game.  Kudos.  

Not so sure Soler will even be here.  If he is afraid to play in the cold then Theo may want to trade while the value is high.  It's not like that lack OF talent in the minors.  You could package Soler/Castro for a really good young arm or 2.  If you do that you can bring up a young OF or sign a big bat Free agent.

 

Then you must sign either Price, Grienke, or Zimmerman plus trade for another arm. 

 

And the bullpen needs work too.  need a 7th inning guy.


Edited by Anyawatchin Angel - 10/21/15 at 6:43pm
post #368 of 391
Thread Starter 

Can they just call it now?  Such a depressing night.

post #369 of 391

More like a FUNERAL march!

 

post #370 of 391
Thread Starter 

WTF are you talking about?  The future is bright for the Cubs unlike the Canucks.

post #371 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post
 

WTF are you talking about?  The future is bright for the Cubs unlike the Canucks.

 

What is this far flung utopian future where the Cubs actually win something you speak of?

 

*snicker*

post #372 of 391
I mean, to the exact date of Back to the Future 2, that's cold hearted shit.
post #373 of 391
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post
 

 

What is this far flung utopian future where the Cubs actually win something you speak of?

 

*snicker*


When was the last time one of your teams won something? 

 

Being a Canadian is ok that you don't shit about baseball.  But Bryant, Soler, Schwarber, Baez, Russell-are all rookies.  And the Cubs are still loaded in the minors.  They will have a chance to win the World Series every year for the next 10 years.  And since the baseball playoffs can be a crapshoot you want many chances to win and eventually you'll get hot and break through.

post #374 of 391
Thread Starter 

This season was still a

 

post #375 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post


When was the last time one of your teams won something? 

Being a Canadian is ok that you don't shit about baseball.  But Bryant, Soler, Schwarber, Baez, Russell-are all rookies.  And the Cubs are still loaded in the minors.  They will have a chance to win the World Series every year for the next 10 years.  And since the baseball playoffs can be a crapshoot you want many chances to win and eventually you'll get hot and break through.

No doubt the Cubs have one of the best young teams in baseball, and they should be consistently good for the foreseeable future. But the next ten years? That is way overstated. That's an eternity in sports, and the kind of fan statement that comes back to haunt you.
post #376 of 391
Thread Starter 

Why?  It's not like they only have 1 good player or a barren farm system.  Even if 1 player gets hurt they will be there.  They have an owner who will spend to win.  They have a coaching staff that can turn pitchers around.  I don't think it's outrageous at all to say the Cubs can be like the Braves of the 90's.

 

The Cubs were a year early and it finally caught up with them.  They didn't have a full pitching staff.  They overcame it with STL but it killed them with the Mets.  Next year say they get Zimmerman, Price, or Grienke.  Then trade for a young starter who can go now.  Add some bullpen arms and you are right there again. 

post #377 of 391
Yeah, it sucks but what a great Fucking year. I can't complain at all and very classy of the fans and players to come out and say thanks. Can't wait for the offseason and beyond. Another front line starter pen help and a CFer. They have to figure out if Schwarber will be a LF or catch. They have so many options this offseason that it makes my head spin.


The next wave: http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2015?list=chc
Edited by cccc - 10/22/15 at 6:45am
post #378 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post
 

Why?  It's not like they only have 1 good player or a barren farm system.  Even if 1 player gets hurt they will be there.  They have an owner who will spend to win.  They have a coaching staff that can turn pitchers around.  I don't think it's outrageous at all to say the Cubs can be like the Braves of the 90's.

 

The Cubs were a year early and it finally caught up with them.  They didn't have a full pitching staff.  They overcame it with STL but it killed them with the Mets.  Next year say they get Zimmerman, Price, or Grienke.  Then trade for a young starter who can go now.  Add some bullpen arms and you are right there again. 

 

The reason the Braves are mentioned as one of the all-time great teams despite having only won one ring is because of how rare their regular season dominance was.  It's fine if you trust in Theo, and you have a good farm system, etc... but the roster isn't going to look anything like it does now ten years from now. it could be a completely different team.  Even good young position players usually don't have ten year runs of above average offensive output.  Especially outside of the steroid era.  And the Braves had three future Hall of Fame pitchers in their mid-twenties in the early 90's.  Do the Cubs even have one on their roster right now?

 

Again, the future is bright, I'm not trying to be a downer on what was a really good season... but a decade is an eternity in pro sports.

post #379 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
 

 

The reason the Braves are mentioned as one of the all-time great teams despite having only won one ring is because of how rare their regular season dominance was.  It's fine if you trust in Theo, and you have a good farm system, etc... but the roster isn't going to look anything like it does now ten years from now. it could be a completely different team.  Even good young position players usually don't have ten year runs of above average offensive output.  Especially outside of the steroid era.  And the Braves had three future Hall of Fame pitchers in their mid-twenties in the early 90's.  Do the Cubs even have one on their roster right now?

 

Again, the future is bright, I'm not trying to be a downer on what was a really good season... but a decade is an eternity in pro sports.

Well, yeah, it's not going to be the same team but he's saying Cubs (hopefully) will sustain success by drafting and strong smart FO decisions.  I personally want the Cards type of run which is going on 40 years?  I've always envied as much as hate their org because they are so damn smart at what they do.  It's amazing how well run they are every damn year.  

post #380 of 391
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
 

 

but a decade is an eternity in pro sports.

In Theo/Jed I Trust.  10 years maybe an overreach but these guys are clicking with their picks and trades.  As long as they are here the Cubs will have a shot. 

 

Quote:
  And the Braves had three future Hall of Fame pitchers in their mid-twenties in the early 90's.

True but in the long run now I'd rather have the foundation of hitting than pitching to start.  Harvey already had Tommy John surgery and all their studs have a shot at in the next couple of years.   Seems every young star has shoulder issues. 

 

I can't wait till the season is over and they start to build the team for next year.  Given equal money-what pitcher isn't going to want to play here?

post #381 of 391

Fly ball pitchers.

post #382 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post
 

 

True but in the long run now I'd rather have the foundation of hitting than pitching to start.  Harvey already had Tommy John surgery and all their studs have a shot at in the next couple of years.  

 

 

Harvey, Matz, Degrom and Wheeler have all already had Tommy John surgery.  Even in defeat, the arrogance of Cubs fans continues to annoy. 

post #383 of 391
Thread Starter 

I've already seen the story with arms-Wood and Prior.  Didn't end well.  Don't want to see it again.

 

I knew Harvey and Wheeler.  Excuse me for not being up to date on all the Mets. 

post #384 of 391

Yes, this.  Drafting hard throwing pitchers rarely ever ends well.   

 

I have a feeling this offseason we are going for Shark -- If under 90ishM.  Don't see us blowing another load on Price.  Esp for 190-200M.  

post #385 of 391

First day of Spring Training Anya!  I think it's time to start the march to the WS 2016!  Edition!  PLAY FUCKING BALL!!!!!!

post #386 of 391
Thread Starter 
It'll be up soon
post #387 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post

It'll be up soon

This is the year bro!  I'm feeling it.

 

post #388 of 391
Thread Starter 

Preview

 

"Embrace the Target" is the Cubs motto per Maddon

 

Awesome

post #389 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post
 

Preview

 

"Embrace the Target" is the Cubs motto per Maddon

 

Awesome

Hell ya!  I haven't been this excited at the start of a season in all my years watching this damn team.  

 

Maddon not happy that most the players showed up early.

 

Maddon: "overkill" for players to show so early in camp. "I don't want anybody to tell me spring training's too long. U just made it longer"

post #390 of 391
Thread Starter 

Maddon is even quoting Clear and Present Danger in his presser.  This guy is great.

post #391 of 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyawatchin Angel View Post
 

Maddon is even quoting Clear and Present Danger in his presser.  This guy is great.

 

 

I asked Maddon if embracing expectations was something he learned from John Wooden: "No, Jack Ryan from Clear and Present Danger."

 

 

LOL!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Sports › The Chicago Cubs March to the 2015 World Series