CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Television › Mr. Robot - USA Network
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mr. Robot - USA Network - Page 6

post #251 of 382
Learning that the dogs released last season were all recaptured was a neat little sting.
post #252 of 382

It feels like the show is back in high gear again. I like that it still works with Elliot's absence. 

post #253 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post

I imagine most people will be irritated at a whole episode away from Elliot immediately after the big reveal, but I loved it. fsociety doesn't have time to play with their imaginary friends. They're out in it, dropping bodies and ducking raids and making moves.

Agreed.

post #254 of 382

Damn, Darlene.

post #255 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turingmachine75 View Post

Learning that the dogs released last season were all recaptured was a neat little sting.

????

post #256 of 382
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaaaaaaalt View Post
 

????


 Last season they went to the same lab/vet office to burn a bunch of HDs in their incinerator and while their, they set free all the dogs that were there.

post #257 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Happenin View Post

Damn, Darlene.

Is it bad that I'm more into Darlene than ever now?
post #258 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRan View Post
 


 Last season they went to the same lab/vet office to burn a bunch of HDs in their incinerator and while their, they set free all the dogs that were there.

And that was brought back up?

post #259 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaaaaaaalt View Post
 

And that was brought back up?


Yup. 

post #260 of 382

Hmmm.

post #261 of 382

Damn.

 

That's all I have to say about that last shot of Darlene and her baseball bat of righteous fury.

 

Great fucking episode. This show is wonderful.

post #262 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaaaaaaalt View Post
 

Hmmm.


IT'S A METAPHOR.

post #263 of 382

Weakest episode of the season for me, although I'm glad others enjoyed it. Guess I'm just more into the Elliot / Mr Robot dynamic. 

post #264 of 382

Thought Angela's sort-of-boyfriend who turned out to be an FBI agent was pretty hilarious in claiming she was "Stone cold."

 

He felt kind of hurt too. That's funny, yo!

post #265 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post
 

Weakest episode of the season for me, although I'm glad others enjoyed it. Guess I'm just more into the Elliot / Mr Robot dynamic. 

 

That's because you just don't like girls with tasers and a bat, man!

post #266 of 382

The show's rating this season have nosedived.  Not only from season 1 to season 2, but also from the first few episodes onwards.

post #267 of 382

This strikes me as a show that people binge watch eventually. Everyone I talk to is either not caught up or isn't even aware the new season started. 

post #268 of 382
Thread Starter 

To say nothing of the fact that the methods used by the television industry to determine 'ratings' are woefully behind the times.

 

Are streaming shows via netflix, amazon, et al even figured into this mix?

post #269 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord View Post
 

The show's rating this season have nosedived.  Not only from season 1 to season 2, but also from the first few episodes onwards.

Makes sense. I am still enjoying the show but this season's structure has been different. And as much as I like it I don't need to spend every moment of the show inside Eliot's head.

post #270 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRan View Post
 

To say nothing of the fact that the methods used by the television industry to determine 'ratings' are woefully behind the times.

 

Are streaming shows via netflix, amazon, et al even figured into this mix?

I imagine they are but the problem is they don't run ads during streaming obviously. And I imagine the price the streaming companies pay for the rights to the show are based off of the ratings the show gets on the network right? I mean how else do they know what to charge any given show? I heard the rights to stream Seinfeld were crazy high. 

post #271 of 382
Thread Starter 

Elliot's back and things are still as convoluted as ever....and I still am digging it.

 

 

FYI-

The show has been pretty busy when it comes to hiding easter-eggs.

 

Every Easter Egg From ‘Mr. Robot’ Season Two So Far

 

https://www.whoismrrobot.com/

post #272 of 382
Well they finally answered the question whether White Rose pees sitting down.

Seriously though I wasn't expecting that.
post #273 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRan View Post
 

Elliot's back and things are still as convoluted as ever....and I still am digging it.

 

 

FYI-

The show has been pretty busy when it comes to hiding easter-eggs.

 

Every Easter Egg From ‘Mr. Robot’ Season Two So Far

 

https://www.whoismrrobot.com/

To paraphrase Forrest McNeill, "This show's extremely clever . . . but is it any good?"

post #274 of 382

So there's a big reveal that Elliot is in prison, and has been all along--and then the next time we see him, he's being released? Making the twist so entirely pointless that he might as well have been free?

 

Man, that's aggravating. You can justify the first season twist by saying it was getting the audience to sympathize with Elliot's experience suffering from MPD, but this season's twist is straight up Shyamalan. Hell, they're not even playing fair. At any point, they could reveal Darlene is a talking dog, and Elliot was just HALLUCINATING she wasn't a talking dog because blah blah blah...

post #275 of 382
Thread Starter 

Can it be considered a 'twist' if the whole Eliot in prison storyline was pretty well telegraphed if one had been paying close attention?

post #276 of 382

Despite the insistent visual assurance, I simply don't care anymore.

Enjoy your show, friends.

post #277 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRan View Post
 

Can it be considered a 'twist' if the whole Eliot in prison storyline was pretty well telegraphed if one had been paying close attention?

 

Yes.

post #278 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangy View Post
 

Despite the insistent visual assurance, I simply don't care anymore.

Enjoy your show, friends.

 

post #279 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by avian View Post
 

Hell, they're not even playing fair. At any point, they could reveal Darlene is a talking dog, and Elliot was just HALLUCINATING she wasn't a talking dog because blah blah blah...

Oh man that guy she had sex with is getting quite the surprise when he gets his script.

post #280 of 382

That corridor scene with Angela and the government agent was almost a shot-for-shot remake of the similar scene from Goodfellas, wasn't it? 

post #281 of 382

This is an episode where it demands a re-watching. And I'm granting that right now.

post #282 of 382

Been racking my head for days where I'd heard "this is what you want, this is what you get" recently.

 

Turns out it was Hardware.

 

So if Elliot's stage 2 is a futuristic war machine/installation art, I'm all for it

post #283 of 382

I think I might have chewed half of my fingers off during the last third of this episode.

 

What a finale! 

post #284 of 382
That was damn suspenseful
post #285 of 382

So the special agent in charge of the investigation is totally on the Dark Army payroll, right? He happens to still be in his room when the lobby attack in Beijing goes down, and a minute after Dom calls in Darlene and hat guy's location a Dark Army hit team shows up. Starting to feel like a pattern.

 

And I'm betting it's the E-Corp CTO who sent the phone to Tyrell's wife. He's fucking with her to try to draw Tyrell out, or get her to say where he is on the phone.

post #286 of 382

The code breaking stuff with the Red Wheelbarrow menu was awesome. In my head I'm thinking, CTL C and CTL V everytime MR Robot is copying/pasting.

post #287 of 382

Elliot asking the taxi driver if he could see Tyrell was awesome because I was thinking that exact same thought.  This show is turning into something special and I love it.

post #288 of 382
How are we all going to feel if this goes off into some gonzo sci-fi territory? I've long suspected it would end with some massive global economic crash related near extinction level event, possibly looking to be due to a nuclear exchange between the US and China . . . but what if delves into something weirder?
post #289 of 382
Thread Starter 

At this point, it may very well have an ending similar to 'Brazil'

post #290 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turingmachine75 View Post

How are we all going to feel if this goes off into some gonzo sci-fi territory? I've long suspected it would end with some massive global economic crash related near extinction level event, possibly looking to be due to a nuclear exchange between the US and China . . . but what if delves into something weirder?

 

I hope it does take a weird sci-fi turn.  All the narrative shenanigans and imaginary-friend bullshit has already detached me from any emotional investment, so I'd at least like something bizarre enough to stimulate me intellectually in the exchange.

post #291 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turingmachine75 View Post
 but what if delves into something weirder?

 

With White Rose's obsession with clocks, and all the Back to the Future stuff this week...  I think that's exactly where they're going.

post #292 of 382

I was just texting this over with a friend. This show could go is many ways: Lynch-esque, Gilliam-esque, Zemeckis-esque, Crononberg-esque, Richard Kelly-esque, or Shane Carruth-esque..


Edited by millennium1 - 9/15/16 at 8:00pm
post #293 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by millennium1 View Post
 

I was just texting this over with a friend. This show could go is many ways: Lynch-esque, Gilliam-esque, Zemeckis-esque, Crononberg-esque, Richard Kelly-esque, or Shane Carruth-esque.

But whichever way it shall be shrouded in darkness.

post #294 of 382

Sorry about that.

post #295 of 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by millennium1 View Post
 

Sorry about that.

Only The Shadow knows!

post #296 of 382

Right on Rami! Emmy winning Mr. Robot, has a nice ring to it.

post #297 of 382
Thread Starter 

Good use of Kraftwerk.

post #298 of 382

 

 

I thought this was a very good finale.  It's interesting that pretty much all of the main characters are deep over their heads working with/for the villains, yet the show still keeps them mostly sympathetic.  If Lost is a show that embraces post-modernism as a solution to failed theological solutions, this is a show that examines the failure of post-modernism to protect us from evil, and the need for individuals and families to fend for themselves in a world that's quickly spiralling into hopelessness.  It's a much more mature show than Lost, and I feel like it's going into it's third season with a lot more clarity and confidence.

post #299 of 382

Enjoyed the finale as well as a lot was actually answered, specifically the phase 2 plan and how Tyrel is involved, and that he's realer than real deal Holyfield.

 

But the post credit bit was also really cool and I hope it starts with these characters first next season.

post #300 of 382

The end credit song was perfect.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Television › Mr. Robot - USA Network