CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Focused Film Discussion › JURASSIC WORLD 2 (2018) Pre-Release Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JURASSIC WORLD 2 (2018) Pre-Release Thread

post #1 of 428
Thread Starter 

Who would have thought? Another Jurassic Park is coming and Bradito will probably watch it.
http://www.chud.com/165892/how-about-some-jurassic-park-5-details/

So will I! How are they going to beat that royal rumble of JW? Will they attempt to create an even more hilarious Mortal Kombat inspired fatality?

I just hope Trevorrow stays on as a director.

post #2 of 428

MILITARY DINOSAURS!

post #3 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Keaton View Post
 

 Will they attempt to create an even more hilarious Mortal Kombat inspired fatality?
 

Don't you mean PRIMAL RAGE??? ;)

post #4 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKMITE8 View Post
 

Don't you mean PRIMAL RAGE??? ;)

Oh memories.

post #5 of 428

You know what? I want the JP to finally give us a multiple deaths, dino royal rumble.

So lets make it about Wu creating a new, illegal park/research facility, where he funds his mad science by selling the chance to hunt dinos to rich a-holes.

Pratt returns leading a team of marines and scientist looking to capture Wu and put and end to his antics, all hell breaks loose as the dinos, including new abominations, escape forcing the hunters (which of course have a douche dad who brought his teen sons to the island to hunt dinos and man up) and heroes to team up to survive, while Wu goes full Moreau and decides this is the perfect chance to pit his new creations against man...maybe he has even engineered himself a teen daughter who can somehow control/order the dinos but who turns on him and his cruel ways.

There you go.

post #6 of 428
Jurassic War!

Where'd I hear that title? I want it!
post #7 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKMITE8 View Post
 

Don't you mean PRIMAL RAGE??? ;)

Oh man. Back in the early 90's, I was obsessed with the original JP and would eat up any movie or video game that was dino-related, so I spent several hours at the arcade playing Primal Rage. Looking back, I loved the concept of Primal Rage more than the game itself. I played the game again several years later on a friend's copy of Midway Arcade Treasures for XBOX and man, was it terrible. 

 

On the discussion of future JP sequels: they should bring in prehistoric mammals into the mix like mammoths, saber tooth tigers, etc. I know it's not what Crichton originally wrote in his JP novels (those animals also existed in different eras), but it can fit within the series tradition of introducing new creatures with each installment.


Edited by Ravi - 7/24/15 at 3:47pm
post #8 of 428

I will very likely see this.

post #9 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Keaton View Post


I just hope Trevorrow stays on as a director.

 

Why?

post #10 of 428
Trevorrow did OK with World. But make no mistake, it was OK directing. Any young commercials director could direct just as well. We're so far away from the beard it's laughable.

What concerns me is Trevorrow is writing again.
post #11 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoken View Post
 

You know what? I want the JP to finally give us a multiple deaths, dino royal rumble.

So lets make it about Wu creating a new, illegal park/research facility, where he funds his mad science by selling the chance to hunt dinos to rich a-holes.

Pratt returns leading a team of marines and scientist looking to capture Wu and put and end to his antics, all hell breaks loose as the dinos, including new abominations, escape forcing the hunters (which of course have a douche dad who brought his teen sons to the island to hunt dinos and man up) and heroes to team up to survive, while Wu goes full Moreau and decides this is the perfect chance to pit his new creations against man...maybe he has even engineered himself a teen daughter who can somehow control/order the dinos but who turns on him and his cruel ways.

There you go.


You forgot the part where Dr. Wu mutates into DR DINOSAUR...

post #12 of 428
Thread Starter 

If there's a RAMPAGE adaptation, there absolutely needs to be one for Primal Rage.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike J View Post
 

 

Why?

 

Don't expect Universal to hand this resurrected franchise to a strict visionary like Refn, Glazer, Garland, or Gilroy. Instead, offers will mostly go out to guys like

Joseph Kosinski
Jonathan Liebesman
Jon Favreau
Francis Lawrence
Len Wiseman
Alan Taylor
and Louis Leterrier

James Gunn, Justin Lin, JJ Abrams, the Russos, Lord/Miller have too much on their plate already, and speaking big name directors they might look at Peter Jackson. Joss Whedon, Ang Lee, and Spielberg himself. But I doubt they'd do it.

 

So why not keep Trevorrow? I really enjoyed his JW, and I doubt we'll ever get another sequel as good as the original anyway.

post #13 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKMITE8 View Post
 


You forgot the part where Dr. Wu mutates into DR DINOSAUR...

 

Ohhh yesss...I forgot about that:

 

 

Noiw I want BD Wong to voice Dr Dinosaur on an Atomic Robo film, dammit.

post #14 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Keaton View Post
 

 

Don't expect Universal to hand this resurrected franchise to a strict visionary like Refn, Glazer, Garland, or Gilroy. Instead, offers will mostly go out to guys like

Joseph Kosinski
Jonathan Liebesman
Jon Favreau
Francis Lawrence
Len Wiseman
Alan Taylor
and Louis Leterrier

James Gunn, Justin Lin, JJ Abrams, the Russos, Lord/Miller have too much on their plate already, and speaking big name directors they might look at Peter Jackson. Joss Whedon, Ang Lee, and Spielberg himself. But I doubt they'd do it.

 

So why not keep Trevorrow? I really enjoyed his JW, and I doubt we'll ever get another sequel as good as the original anyway.

 

You really think Trevorrow is preferable to Jon Favreau? Really? 

 

Aside from writing one of the worst scripts in recent memory, there was nothing remotely interesting about his direction.

 

And yet we continue to embrace mediocrity. 

post #15 of 428
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J View Post
 

 

You really think Trevorrow is preferable to Jon Favreau? Really?

 

Iron Man 2. Cowboys and Aliens. Zathura. Elf. Chef. None of them remarkably better than JW.

 

Only Iron Man is, one the strongest MCU movies, but it being the very first of Marvel Studios I tend to believe that he was helped/controlled a lot. Favreau is a great guy and I certainly don't wanna downplay his contribution, but that movie is mostly carried by Downey. It doesn't exactly have great cinematography, an original approach, or moving moments. Directing wise it's good not great, but so is JW.

post #16 of 428
I like Zathura quite a bit and I'll defend Elf down to the last candy cane/corn!
post #17 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Keaton View Post
 

 

Iron Man 2. Cowboys and Aliens. Zathura. Elf. Chef. None of them remarkably better than JW.

 

Only Iron Man is, one the strongest MCU movies, but it being the very first of Marvel Studios I tend to believe that he was helped/controlled a lot. Favreau is a great guy and I certainly don't wanna downplay his contribution, but that movie is mostly carried by Downey. It doesn't exactly have great cinematography, an original approach, or moving moments. Directing wise it's good not great, but so is JW.

 

Yeah, I'll give you Iron Man 2 and Cowboys and Aliens but Zathura, Elf and Chef are considerably better than Jurassic World. 

 

And if Favreau was helped by Downey, then Trevoroorowoow was fucking saved by the goodwill built up from the first Jurassic Park. 

 

The dude's done one okay indie movie and one absolute wet fart of a blockbuster. Yeah, it made piles of money and that will be the deciding factor in whether or not he returns but trying to pass him off as a good director doesn't work because he's not. There are any number of people who can do a much better job than him. 

post #18 of 428
Completely agree with Mike. There's absolutely nothing in Jurassic World that makes you think 'Wow this guy is someone to watch'.
post #19 of 428

So I wonder whatever happened with that rumor about him directing Episode IX...

post #20 of 428

While Star Wars is pretty director-proof, I'd rather see a much more exciting choice (like we're getting with Rian Johnson and Episode VIII). 

post #21 of 428

I enjoyed Jurassic World a bunch but found Trevorrow's work to be unremarkable in itself.

 

So that rumor about him being in talks to direct a star war really made me go, 'huh?"

post #22 of 428

After seeing that Revenant trailer, I want Alejandro González Iñárritu on a Star Wars flick.

post #23 of 428
Yeah, why should he do something interesting?
post #24 of 428

Birdman 2... just sitting there... WAITING FOR ITS SAGA TO BE CONTINUED!!!

 

no more star war

post #25 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

Yeah, why should he do something interesting?


Fair enough. Can I just get someone aping that style? Can Dr Wu clone Iñárritu, so one can make interesting films and one can make franchise stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 

Birdman 2... just sitting there... WAITING FOR ITS SAGA TO BE CONTINUED!!!

 


Birdman Forever! Birdman Begins! Birdman Attorney at Law!

post #26 of 428

That could get... messy.

post #27 of 428
Yes!
post #28 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 

That could get... messy.


Wu... finds a way....

post #29 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKMITE8 View Post
 


Wu... finds a way....

...to the helipad to make a quiet escape... to villainy for another day!!!

post #30 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 

...to the helipad to make a quiet escape... to villainy for another day!!!


INDEED!

post #31 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKMITE8 View Post


INDEED!



All forms of INDEED should be replaced with this...
post #32 of 428

But I like David Lo Pan the way he is!

post #33 of 428

First Look at Jurassic World 2 (Jurassic Park 5, you idiots)

 

post #34 of 428

I still wish they had called it JURASSIC WAR or even better THE JURASSIC WORLD WAR - PT. 1

post #35 of 428

JURASSIC ISLAND*

 

*ACTUALLY IT'S A PENINSULA

post #36 of 428

We're gonna need a bigger asteroid...

post #37 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnotaur3 View Post
 

First Look at Jurassic World 2 (Jurassic Park 5, you idiots)

 

Yup those are dinosaur bones. Or dragon bones. Or false bones planted by Christian haters.

post #38 of 428
So what's the premise of this once-in-a-lifetime "I was there" moment in cinema history?
post #39 of 428

This time the dinosaurs can transform into Batman.

post #40 of 428

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post
 

This time the dinosaurs can transform into Batman.

Would hella watch that, but how about Batman riding a robotic t-rex versus real dinosaurs?

post #41 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnotaur3 View Post
 

First Look at Jurassic World 2 (Jurassic Park 5, you idiots)

 

is it me, or this looks more like a hunter's trophy room than a museum?

post #42 of 428
If that were true, wouldn't they stuff the Dinos? Now I'm disappointed that it's apparently now. How evocative of an image that would have been?
post #43 of 428

Jurassic World?

 

Pretty good.

post #44 of 428
Dinosaurs with guns. That is all i want from this franchise. Anything else is bullshit.
post #45 of 428
It was okay... but the lack of animatronics was incredibly offensive.
post #46 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post

Jurassic World?

Pretty good.


NO! Stop that!
post #47 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Oreo View Post


NO! Stop that!

 

Bart is the Bad Movienator. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity for those who might watch these movies based on his comments, or remorse for those who have sat through them, or fear of terrible franchises continuing. And he absolutely will.. not... stop until all good taste is dead.

post #48 of 428

I just really like those raptors.

post #49 of 428

Boycott. 

post #50 of 428
Heh heh.

Especially the one that gets blown up by a rocket.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Focused Film Discussion
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Focused Film Discussion › JURASSIC WORLD 2 (2018) Pre-Release Thread