CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Focused Film Discussion › JURASSIC WORLD 2 (2018) Pre-Release Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JURASSIC WORLD 2 (2018) Pre-Release Thread - Page 2

post #51 of 428

Seriously, I don't care about Pratt or any of the humans wearing high heels. I just fucking love the raptor pack.

 

The moment when the one raptor actually NODS at the lady T-Rex, holy shit. Camp classic.

post #52 of 428

I gotta admit, the T-Rex/Raptor tag team battle made the whole thing worth while.

post #53 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post
 

Seriously, I don't care about Pratt or any of the humans wearing high heels. I just fucking love the raptor pack.

 

The moment when the one raptor actually NODS at the lady T-Rex, holy shit. Camp classic.

Indeed. Im such a child but I loved it.

post #54 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post

Seriously, I don't care about Pratt or any of the humans wearing high heels. I just fucking love the raptor pack.

The moment when the one raptor actually NODS at the lady T-Rex, holy shit. Camp classic.

I hated Pratt's alpha-douche character in this, so I loooooooved that after talking such big game about how much control he has over his raptor pack, they immediately turn on him first chance they get.
post #55 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Oreo View Post


I hated Pratt's alpha-douche character in this, so I loooooooved that after talking such big game about how much control he has over his raptor pack, they immediately turn on him first chance they get.

I feel like we watched different movies.

post #56 of 428
We really didn't
post #57 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Oreo View Post

We really didn't

I never got the sense he had all this control. One almost kills him when we first meet them.

post #58 of 428

Ya, they never established that he had any real control over them. Just that he was a real Steve Irwin type.

post #59 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsnotatumor View Post
 

I gotta admit, the T-Rex/Raptor tag team battle made the whole thing worth while.

 

Yeah, pretty much. 

post #60 of 428

https://twitter.com/FilmBayona/status/842825554738974722/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

 

Working on an animatronic. Here's hoping there's more than one!

post #61 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnotaur3 View Post
 

https://twitter.com/FilmBayona/status/842825554738974722/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

 

Working on an animatronic. Here's hoping there's more than one!


I hope so, too!  Animatronics are such a key part of what made the effects in this series so impressive.  It's no surprise that the one scene in JURASSIC WORLD featuring an animatronic is one of the more convincing and affecting in the movie.

post #62 of 428

Jeff Goldblum just joined Jurassic Wold.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jeff-goldblum-joins-jurassic-world-sequel-997569

 

 

Guess I'll have to see it now. 

post #63 of 428

brilliant business decision!

 

UNLESS... it goes the way of ID42...

post #64 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 

brilliant business decision!

 

UNLESS... it goes the way of ID42...

 

I hope not!  I don't have the stomach to even attempt to sit though that. His Ian Malcolm character is a lot more significant than David from ID4. 

post #65 of 428

it's really really boring

post #66 of 428

You know what else is boring?  

 

Rogue One. 

post #67 of 428

it sure is!

 

but given the choice, I'd choose Rogue One over Resurgence Two

 

it's THAT boring!

 

while I don't think Rogue One works, I can see the effort that went into trying to get it to work

 

ID4 2 is like they didn't bother showing up to work

post #68 of 428

Ugh! 

post #69 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnotaur3 View Post
 

Jeff Goldblum just joined Jurassic Wold.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jeff-goldblum-joins-jurassic-world-sequel-997569

 

 

Guess I'll have to see it now. 


Life found a way.

post #70 of 428

I'm ready for more Ian Malcolm.

 

Curious that Goldblum's signing on at this point, because I was under the impression the movie's been filming for a while already.

post #71 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belloq87 View Post
 

I'm ready for more Ian Malcolm.

 

Curious that Goldblum's signing on at this point, because I was under the impression the movie's been filming for a while already.

 

It was last week that Frank Marshall posted on Twitter that they were close to half way through. So I'm not thinking Malcolm has a huge role, but he definitely could still have a sizable one. Of course, there's no telling how long they had kept him in the loop. 

post #72 of 428
Not surprised at all that Goldblum is coming back. Sam Neill, Laura Dern or Sam Jacksons severed arm...that would surprise me.
post #73 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnotaur3 View Post
 

 

It was last week that Frank Marshall posted on Twitter that they were close to half way through. So I'm not thinking Malcolm has a huge role, but he definitely could still have a sizable one. Of course, there's no telling how long they had kept him in the loop. 

It will be interesting to see how he's used.  I don't think there's any possible way they could contrive to get Malcolm back on one of those islands in a believable fashion (the character simply would never, ever go back on his own accord), so either he's part of some framing storyline, or a good chunk of the movie might be taking place on the mainland.

post #74 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belloq87 View Post
 

I don't think there's any possible way they could contrive to get Malcolm back on one of those islands in a believable fashion (the character simply would never, ever go back on his own accord),

DR. WU WILL KIDNAP HIM FOR HIS NEFARIOUS ENDS!!!!

post #75 of 428

B.D. Wong should have had something much better than what he had in Jurassic World. He was realistic in the first movie. Then he's a cartoon character in the fourth. 

post #76 of 428

the 4th movie IS a cartoon

 

BD Wong knew what he was doing

post #77 of 428
I seemed to be one of the few people that didn't enjoy Jurassic World.

And that was after 3 pints during the day with an incredibly open mind.

Please no more islands..

Sayles had it right with the human/dino hybrid concept.

Jesus, just bring something new.
post #78 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Roy View Post

Sayles had it right with the human/dino hybrid concept.

 

You didn't read the script. It was terrible. 

post #79 of 428
Please give me a dinosaur-Malcolm hybrid . . . please.

Ah-ha hahaha errrrr hehehehe

Howard: What was that?

Pratt: I dont know, stay close, it wasn't far away.

Err haha Ah-ha haha errrr
post #80 of 428
I saw Jurassic World.

...


It was terrible.
post #81 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Roy View Post

I saw Jurassic World.

...


It was terrible.

 

It could have been... super terrible!

post #82 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belloq87 View Post
 

It will be interesting to see how he's used.  I don't think there's any possible way they could contrive to get Malcolm back on one of those islands in a believable fashion (the character simply would never, ever go back on his own accord), so either he's part of some framing storyline, or a good chunk of the movie might be taking place on the mainland.

Oh yeah?

 

post #83 of 428
It was Star Lord trying to be tough without being funny.

And dinos trying to be real by only being CGI.

I was depressed and confused.

But at least I noticed the Jimmy Buffett cameo!!
post #84 of 428

bring back Sam Neill as a hyper-intelligent raptor that speaks

 

Horror GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

 

"Chaos?  Chaos is just a word..."

post #85 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 

the 4th movie IS a cartoon

 

BD Wong knew what he was doing

He ALWAYS knows. WWBDWD?

post #86 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnotaur3 View Post
 

 

You didn't read the script. It was terrible. 

Oh yeah.  There's an audacity to it that's admirable, but on the whole, it's awful, and ill-conceived on almost every level.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by avian View Post
 

Oh yeah?

 

Well, sure, if you're gonna count the CHAOS EFFECT line!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 

bring back Sam Neill as a hyper-intelligent raptor that speaks

 

Horror GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

 

"Chaos?  Chaos is just a word..."

Only if he also wears a suit and glasses.

post #87 of 428
Just the idea of a dino human/hybrid JP surpasses the shit they sold to us as Jurassic World.

Bring me the weaponized dinos.

Anything but the feeling I was left with when I exited the theater.
post #88 of 428

I want a return to the grounded action/adventure scenes. I want survival by the skin of its teeth. I want my dinosaurs to be new and fresh and gnarly and...

 

:: pops in the original Jurassic Park ::

post #89 of 428
The climax of Jurassic World is the greatest fight in the history of movies and fights.
post #90 of 428

it's pretty nice!

post #91 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 

it's pretty nice!

Raptor head nod.

post #92 of 428
Raptor head nod
post #93 of 428

Jurassic World?

 

I still own it.

post #94 of 428
in 3D?
post #95 of 428

Nah, I hate 3D.

post #96 of 428
I always knew you were smaaaaallllll tiiiiiiiime

not a real fan
post #97 of 428
I didn't realise Toby Jones, James Cromwell and Ted 'beaten by a vending machine' Levine are in this. Now I'm interested, despite the meh first movie.
post #98 of 428
Yeah, I mean, who goes to see dinosaurs in a dinosaur movie, especially when Toby Jones is in the hizzouse?!

@_@
post #99 of 428
Considering I found some of the Dino action in WORLD quite dull, I would.
post #100 of 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelouboyle View Post

Considering I found some of the Dino action in WORLD quite dull, I would.

 

Most of it was. I wouldn't even call them sequences. They were like half baked ideas made worse by no animatronics in sight. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Focused Film Discussion
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Focused Film Discussion › JURASSIC WORLD 2 (2018) Pre-Release Thread