CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Television › GAME OF THRONES SEASON 7: ZERO TOLERANCE UNSULLIED THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GAME OF THRONES SEASON 7: ZERO TOLERANCE UNSULLIED THREAD - Page 85

post #4201 of 6019

That's specifically why I posted that video.  The reactions are certainly heightened by the nature of group excitement, but they seem genuine and not like they're performing for the internet.

 

I can't imagine watching this sort of show in a group of people, though.  I'd be too self conscious to react however the fuck the episode genuinely makes me feel, and that would be lame.  It's why I enjoy observing the group experience after the fact from the outside, because I would never want to do it.

post #4202 of 6019

I was thinking again about the Arya-Sansa feud, and I feel like, just like the Braavos storyline, the show doesn't have anything clever up its sleeve.  Neither girl is  playing some long game.  They're simply going to come to the crisis moment where it's all going to fall apart, and then Bran will decide to chime in. "Oh yeah,, Littlefinger is behind all this."  And they're going to be like "Fuck, let's kill him.  Sisters forever!  Thanks, bro"  And Bran will be like "Don't thank me.  I might have said something weeks ago but I don't really care about any of this."  Then they'll give each other a "he's so weird" look, laugh, and head off to slit Baelish's throat.

post #4203 of 6019

I note alot of internet talk moaning the fact the Nights King is taking his sweet time reaching the wall. No sure why as it a good strategy to wait until winter has set in down south and the human's food runs short and the snow and ice make fighting harder for the living. 

 

Of course, now that he has a undead dragon, and more importantly he knows dragons exist and are fighting for his enemies, he'll speed things up. 

post #4204 of 6019

The more I think on this Sansa Arya story, the more I think the two sisters are likely to turn on Littlefinger in the final episode.  I keep thinking of that speech that Sansa hasn't given yet from the trailer.  The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

post #4205 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Machine View Post

I note alot of internet talk moaning the fact the Nights King is taking his sweet time reaching the wall. No sure why as it a good strategy to wait until winter has set in down south and the human's food runs short and the snow and ice make fighting harder for the living. 

If they'd shown-don't-told us he was waiting there'd be eff all of an issue Love Machine.

Instead pretty much every time we see him he and his goons are on the march. Marching, marching, marching. Pretty much the only time they don't march is when they fight, which they do to make more marchers for when they get on the march again.
post #4206 of 6019

Gotta practice marching.  Very important.

post #4207 of 6019
It's like the old Night King saying goes: The best way to practice marching for The Wall is just to march for The Wall.
post #4208 of 6019

The biggest issue with "what are they doing up there?" is the fairly confusing and vague rules of the wall.  Clearly the wall is enchanted to keep them out, or they would have climbed it thousands and thousands of years ago.  So the Night King is waiting for some condition, like the Man in Black from Lost who can't leave the island because of poorly thought out rules.  First I thought it was something Bran related, but now I guess the dragon Wight might blow a hole in the wall or melt a section?  If that's the case I'm kind of pissed because that means either the Night King knew he would get a dragon eventually, or he just got super fucking lucky and the heroes basically gave him the only way out he was ever going to get?  I appreciate I'm not reading Sandersons Stormlight Archive here.  Martin prefers vague and mystical magic, not so much rules.  Like LOTR.  But that doesn't work so great with this story right now.  I need rules.  

post #4209 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
 

The more I think on this Sansa Arya story, the more I think the two sisters are likely to turn on Littlefinger in the final episode.  I keep thinking of that speech that Sansa hasn't given yet from the trailer.  The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

 

Yep.  If those lines aren't part of Littlefinger's death scene, I'll quit the internet.  For a whole hour.

post #4210 of 6019

I was watching some video discussing the episode, and while I didn't hate their scenes, the person was extremely bothered that either girl would be so stupid or so easily manipulated.  Since Littlefinger offers no real benefit for the show, and he openly suggested Sansa have Arya murdered, it makes perfect sense that the girls work together and Sansa lures Littlefinger into a faceless trap of some kind. 

post #4211 of 6019

Late night realization.  Gendry and Jon bond over their fathers friendship, while in reality Gendry's father killed Jons.

post #4212 of 6019
Fanwanking Littlefinger's Death Scene:

Littlefinger is confronted by Arya wearing the mask of his servent.

Littlefinger: If I pull that off will you die?

Arya: It would be extremely painful.

Littlefinger: You're a big-

Arya: -For you!
post #4213 of 6019
My plan is... crashing this party.

I'm going to stuff my mask hole with so much cake!
post #4214 of 6019
With no survivors?!
post #4215 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
 

The more I think on this Sansa Arya story, the more I think the two sisters are likely to turn on Littlefinger in the final episode.  I keep thinking of that speech that Sansa hasn't given yet from the trailer.  The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

 

Yep.  If those lines aren't part of Littlefinger's death scene, I'll quit the internet.  For a whole hour.

 

Just chiming in to say, Yep. That speech from the season trailer hasn't been said yet. And it makes ZERO sense if the season ends with the Starks emotionally and geographically divided.

post #4216 of 6019
I can't wait for Jon to come home to arya with his new gf. That's a classic rom com setup if I ever saw one. Meet the Starks.
post #4217 of 6019
We all know how weddings turn out on this show.
post #4218 of 6019

So it seems there's some consensus that Littlefinger won't survive this finale.  What other major characters bite it?  The show has plenty it needs to clear off the board, and after all, we're potentially going to have a lot of big-name characters in one place.  I still think there's a chance Cersei doesn't survive her attempt to sequelize The Great Boom of Baelor. 

post #4219 of 6019
I'd love a twist on a major character getting killed, but I assume it'll be some fodder.

Fanwanking? I would of loved having the Knight King killed in the last episode, and the final enemy is Cersei. That or she refuses, and he flys the ice dragon into kings landing and kills the entire city.
post #4220 of 6019

Regarding Littlefinger's fate, there is one factor he has not considered:

 

Robin. The sole reason Littlefinger is Lord of the Vale is that he married and then killed Caitlin's sister, and is now the foster father of Robin.

But if Robin were to marry someone...say, a lady of Winterfell he is fond of and who he sees as his motherly substitute...then Littlefinger loses all power and claim to the Vale, and becomes expendable.

Littlefinger having command of the Vale's forces and Lords (who all fucking hate him) is the reason the Stark's havent turned on him.

Sansa has the need for getting rid of him, Arya has the means.

 

As for the meeting of all forces and the finale, I think that yes, the Wall will either crack or fall this weekend as a Cliffhanger, signaling that Winter is coming to all of Westeros, and thus the White Walkers can finally attack en masse.

The meeting will definitely have Cersei either plotting something or betraying them outright.

My money is on either Trial by Combat (Cleganebowl!) or Jamie finally snapping and getting his Queenslayer achievement/trophy. (he's already got the Queenlayer one, but thats a minor one)

post #4221 of 6019

My pet theory is that Dany is provoked into nuking the Red Keep, which finishes off Cersei but makes Tyrion and Varys go all ¬_¬ and possibly sets up the latter's betrayal.  When Jon Snow's parentage comes out, he'll be seen as the better choice.

 

I think Theon rescues Yara who murders him for his trouble.

 

And yes, it's time for the Wall to fall.  That image is lobbing itself over the net to be the perfect close for the season.

post #4222 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherDude View Post
 

So it seems there's some consensus that Littlefinger won't survive this finale.  What other major characters bite it?  The show has plenty it needs to clear off the board, and after all, we're potentially going to have a lot of big-name characters in one place.  I still think there's a chance Cersei doesn't survive her attempt to sequelize The Great Boom of Baelor. 

 

As I predicted above: other than LF, I don't think any of the major characters dies in the finale. (And by major, I mean this set: Tyrion, Jaime, Cersei, Dany, Sansa, Arya, Jon, Brienne).

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIRUS  
Knight King

 

Ahem.

post #4223 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoken View Post

 

As for the meeting of all forces and the finale, I think that yes, the Wall will either crack or fall this weekend as a Cliffhanger, signaling that Winter is coming to all of Westeros, and thus the White Walkers can finally attack en masse.

One question: I thought the Wall was reinforced with magic. I assume that's going to be ignored and we'll just have the dragon melt it?

post #4224 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIRUS View Post

I'd love a twist on a major character getting killed, but I assume it'll be some fodder.

Fanwanking? I would of loved having the Knight King killed in the last episode, and the final enemy is Cersei. That or she refuses, and he flys the ice dragon into kings landing and kills the entire city.

 

But here's the thing...I think the Night King cannot be killed by conventional means, not even by Dragonfire; according to the legends and lore of the show (and just the show), the White Walkers were defeated/contained by the hero Azhor Ahai, who defeated the Great Other then, using Lightbringer, a sword which had to be tempered in the heart of his lover/wife in order to have the ower needed to defeat the Great Other and his armies.

So, if we are following the same cycle/legend, then either Jon or Dany will defeat the Others, but at a great cost.

post #4225 of 6019

Thinky thinkpiece on whether the show's gotten....Lost....up its own ass:

 

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/08/deus-ex-westeros/537480/

 

Quote:
But “Beyond the Wall,” on Sunday, did not bode well for their answers. This is a season, after all, that has at times seemed almost overly aware of Thrones’s success as a cultural phenomenon. The Ed Sheeran cameo. The many, many meme-friendly moments. The plots that seem designed to get from one spectacular set piece to the next. As my colleague Spencer Kornhaber put it, “The fuzziness with time just adds to the impression that this is a story driven by coincidence and expedience rather than logic.” And it suggests a certain sloppiness in a show that has otherwise been so precise in its world-building—a sloppiness that asks other questions: Will Game of Thrones keep jumping sharks? Will it nuke fridges? Will it take the good faith it has built up over nearly seven seasons and squander it? Could it, in the end, go the way of Lost, its myths busted, its key questions unresolved?
post #4226 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangy View Post
 

One question: I thought the Wall was reinforced with magic. I assume that's going to be ignored and we'll just have the dragon melt it?

 

Yes, but Magic trumps Magic...Bran was marked by the Night King, and that enabled him and his forces to be able to enter the hideout of the Children and the Three Eyed Raven.

post #4227 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherDude View Post
 

So it seems there's some consensus that Littlefinger won't survive this finale.  What other major characters bite it?  The show has plenty it needs to clear off the board, and after all, we're potentially going to have a lot of big-name characters in one place.  I still think there's a chance Cersei doesn't survive her attempt to sequelize The Great Boom of Baelor. 

 

All odds are stacked against Cercei here, according to the Witch's prophecy:

 

-The prophecy said she will be deposed as Queen by a younger Queen (Dany. Remember, Cercei has never been Queen (since Robert's death) until now. She was Queen Regent/Mother)

-Said younger Queen would take all that was dear to her from Cersei. At this point, the only things Cersei has thata re dear to her are the Throne and Jaime

-The Prophecy said she would have only 3 Children. If she's pregnant....well, bad news.

 

Also, remember that Tyrion promised that he would see Cercei defeated, and that in her moment of triumph and joy, he would be there to see/turn the sweet taste of victory in her lips to ashes....which, yeah, sounds omnious considering Tyrion is allie with a Dragon Queen.

 

So, its either Littlefinger, Cercei or both we will see get theirs this weekend.

post #4228 of 6019

None of these characters die until late next season: Tyrion, Jaime, Cersei, Dany, Sansa, Arya, and Jon.

 

Ya damn fools if you think otherwise. 

post #4229 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoken View Post
So, its either Littlefinger, Cercei or both we will see get theirs this weekend.


No way both. The story would be left without an effective human antagonist/villain, and there are six hours of story after.

 

All signs point to Cersei being the final human baddie to die. (Which is really contrary to what I'd been thinking until 3 or so episodes into this season.)

post #4230 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
 

Thinky thinkpiece on whether the show's gotten....Lost....up its own ass:

 

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/08/deus-ex-westeros/537480/

 

This kind of criticism disgusts me and I'm going to leave this thread forever.

Am I doing it right?

post #4231 of 6019
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangy View Post

 

This kind of criticism disgusts me and I'm going to leave this thread forever.


Am I doing it right?

 

You are!

 

I don't think we're going to get LOST-levels of unanswered questions with GOT. I do think the show's very much in danger, as Jacknife has pointed out above, of having its momentum steamroller right over the solid worldbuilding and internal logic built up over the previous six seasons.

post #4232 of 6019

Finale death predictions:

Tier 1 characters: zero.  All make it to S8

Tier 2 characters: Littlefinger

Tier 3 characters: Grey Worm

post #4233 of 6019

I'd predict a Tormund death at Eastwatch but as has been correctly pointed out, there are no other characters at this late point to represent the Wildlings. So I'm guessing he survives into next season.

post #4234 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post
 

None of these characters die until late next season: Tyrion, Jaime, Cersei, Dany, Sansa, Arya, and Jon.

 

Ya damn fools if you think otherwise. 

 

Yep.  This week is Littlefinger's time to go, and if the Wall comes down that's probably it for Edd (I think Tormund will escape somehow, dude seems unkillable at this point).  When things go south at the peace summit, I would guess we lose a couple of the following:  Missandei, Grey Worm, Jorah, Varys, Davos, or Podrick.  For a dark horse pick I'd take Gilly as collateral damage, if Sam rolls his cart up to King's Landing.  

 

Cersei and Jaime are in it until next year for sure.   The Greyjoys could get resolution this week, but probably not until next year.  Cleganebowl needs more time to develop.  Tyrion and Sansa will survive to be the ruling couple of the New Westeros.  Bran and Arya are safe until the series finale, and Arya will probably be okay even then.  I have my theory about Brienne leading the Kings/Queensguard in the end.  I think Dany gets a blaze of glory, but where Jon lands is still a question.  

post #4235 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
 

 

You are!

 

I don't think we're going to get LOST-levels of unanswered questions with GOT. I do think the show's very much in danger, as Jacknife has pointed out above, of having its momentum steamroller right over the solid worldbuilding and internal logic built up over the previous six seasons.

 

Game Of Thrones doesn't really have mysteries in the same way LOST did.  It has mythology, but that seems simpler to pay off (the trick is doing it well).  It's not like everyone has been going along with this ride awaiting an explanation for how Melisandre's magic works.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

Finale death predictions:

Tier 1 characters: zero.  All make it to S8

Tier 2 characters: Littlefinger

Tier 3 characters: Grey Worm

 

Are Jorah, Davos and Varys considered tier 2?  Because the more I think about it, the less I like the Spider's chances. 

post #4236 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
 

 

Yep.  This week is Littlefinger's time to go, and if the Wall comes down that's probably it for Edd (I think Tormund will escape somehow, dude seems unkillable at this point).  When things go south at the peace summit, I would guess we lose a couple of the following:  Missandei, Grey Worm, Jorah, Varys, Davos, or Podrick.  For a dark horse pick I'd take Gilly as collateral damage, if Sam rolls his cart up to King's Landing.  

 

Cersei and Jaime are in it until next year for sure.   The Greyjoys could get resolution this week, but probably not until next year.  Cleganebowl needs more time to develop.  Tyrion and Sansa will survive to be the ruling couple of the New Westeros.  Bran and Arya are safe until the series finale, and Arya will probably be okay even then.  I have my theory about Brienne leading the Kings/Queensguard in the end.  I think Dany gets a blaze of glory, but where Jon lands is still a question.  

I don't know how hypothetical other people would handle the story in hypothetical other formats, but the show has gone through a hazing process these last few seasons of finding the most compelling and popular characters. No one likes Bran, so although I think he lives into next season just because he has a little more plot function to serve, I doubt he makes it to the final. 

 

This is a character that sat a whole season out. NO ONE LIKES BRAN.

post #4237 of 6019

I'd consider them Tier 2. And I bet Varys makes it to the end.

post #4238 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post

 

Are Jorah, Davos and Varys considered tier 2?  Because the more I think about it, the less I like the Spider's chances. 

 

I'd put them as Tier 2, yes.

 

I see the finale being all set-up for S8. The only major plot thread that will close will be the Littlefinger plot thread, and that is because those characters are all up in Winterfell.  Everyone who appears to be that the big summit will survive.  I don't see a battle happening there, so I don't see any deaths there.

 

The wild card is Grey Worm.  He was in the preview for next week.  It was unclear as to his location in relation to everyone else, so he might have a battle coming his way, probably with Euron's forces.  His death was telegraphed when he finally got busy with Missandei, so he's at severe risk in terms of character death.

post #4239 of 6019

Grey worm appeared to be leading the Unsullied forces who were backed by Dothraki. My assumption, which could be entirely wrong, is that they're surrounding/just outside KL in a show of force - a way for Danaerys to tell Cersei, "Don't fuck with me."

post #4240 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post

I don't know how hypothetical other people would handle the story in hypothetical other formats, but the show has gone through a hazing process these last few seasons of finding the most compelling and popular characters. No one likes Bran, so although I think he lives into next season just because he has a little more plot function to serve, I doubt he makes it to the final. 

This is a character that sat a whole season out. NO ONE LIKES BRAN.

I don't think Bran is safe because people like him, but he has plot functions to serve for the endgame. I don't know if he dies per se, but he could end up in an even less human form than his current space cadet dealie.
post #4241 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post


I don't think Bran is safe because people like him, but he has plot functions to serve for the endgame. I don't know if he dies per se, but he could end up in an even less human form than his current space cadet dealie.

 

I see him warging permanently into an animal or a tree.

post #4242 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post

Grey worm appeared to be leading the Unsullied forces who were backed by Dothraki. My assumption, which could be entirely wrong, is that they're surrounding/just outside KL in a show of force - a way for Danaerys to tell Cersei, "Don't fuck with me."

Tyrion said they would have two armies there for just that purpose. I don't think it will deter Cersei from springing her trap, though.
post #4243 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
 

Grey worm appeared to be leading the Unsullied forces who were backed by Dothraki. My assumption, which could be entirely wrong, is that they're surrounding/just outside KL in a show of force - a way for Danaerys to tell Cersei, "Don't fuck with me."

 

OK.  It was unclear to me.

 

Still, he's got a big flashing neon sign over his head that says 'Dead Man Walking'.  Whether it's this week or S8, he's gonna die.

post #4244 of 6019

I'll say this:

 

Last episode was the first time I ever heard whinging said aloud.

 

British. 

post #4245 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post
 

I'll say this:

 

Last episode was the first time I ever heard whinging said aloud.

 

British. 

 

Austrian

post #4246 of 6019
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post

Grey worm appeared to be leading the Unsullied forces who were backed by Dothraki. My assumption, which could be entirely wrong, is that they're surrounding/just outside KL in a show of force - a way for Danaerys to tell Cersei, "Don't fuck with me."

Then she proceeds to fuck with her by unleashing the Golden Company in an ambush. I think this is where we lose a good number of Tier 2 characters.
post #4247 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny View Post


Then she proceeds to fuck with her by unleashing the Golden Company in an ambush. I think this is where we lose a good number of Tier 2 characters.

 

I don't think that that battle will happen. It'll loom large as a threat but I don't see it happening.  S8 is where all of the betrayal action is going to happen.

post #4248 of 6019

The weird thing about next episode is I don't know what to expect simply because it seems obvious what to expect.

 

I mean, Cersei can't deny a wight shoved in her face. So one would think she immediately agrees to an alliance. 

 

But there's no conflict there, so something shocking has to happen. But I don't know what! 

post #4249 of 6019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post
 

I mean, Cersei can't deny a wight shoved in her face. So one would think she immediately agrees to an alliance. 

 

Sure she can. She basically has a wight of her own. She could easily just accuse Jon and Dany of creating their own to fool her.

 

Moses, Pharaoh's magicians, etc.

post #4250 of 6019
But does Cersei have any reason to deny the wight? From her conversation with Jaime she seemed content to use the threat (or "threat") in the north to keep the dragons at bay.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
CHUD.com Community › Forums › SPORTS, GAMES & LEISURE › Television › GAME OF THRONES SEASON 7: ZERO TOLERANCE UNSULLIED THREAD