CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE CHEWERS › Drafts & Lists › ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK - Casting Draft - Sign-Up/Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK - Casting Draft - Sign-Up/Discussion - Page 10

post #451 of 710

I was all set to pick Gorman as Romero.

 

Eva Green is amazing.

post #452 of 710
How did we let Eva Green slip to Day 4? Criminal.
post #453 of 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

That's my understanding, Elvis.

 

Thanks!

 

I HATE 50 Cent, but I think he'll be a perfect Duke of NY.

post #454 of 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry D View Post

That's what I figured but i wasn't expecting Bale.

 

Originally I was going to pick someone who looked like a frat boy, like Efron.  Then I moved on to Michael Pitt, who looks like a slick, mean fucker like Trump's actual sons do.  But with both those options gone, I just moved the years back a little more and went with the original Wall Street psycho.  Just out of curiosity, what were you expecting? ( And was it always obvious Barron Trump would be my Duke?)

post #455 of 710

You know there's one Hip-Hop superstar/ Actor that I thought for sure would be a first day Duke......

post #456 of 710

You guys can skip over my turn for now. Running a little late.

post #457 of 710
Danny Glover is a great, unexpected Cabbie.
post #458 of 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post

Originally I was going to pick someone who looked like a frat boy, like Efron.  Then I moved on to Michael Pitt, who looks like a slick, mean fucker like Trump's actual sons do.  But with both those options gone, I just moved the years back a little more and went with the original Wall Street psycho.  Just out of curiosity, what were you expecting? ( And was it always obvious Barron Trump would be my Duke?)

For a while I thought you would have an elderly Donald Trump as the Duke. As soon as I saw your comment on Michael Pitt I realized you were going for Barron.
post #459 of 710
I almost went with an actor that Hunter sugested me for Cabbie but ended up going in a totally different way. Tell me you can't picture old loveable Danny Glover muttering to himself while driving his cab through NY.
post #460 of 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelbratoski View Post

I almost went with an actor that Hunter sugested me for Cabbie but ended up going in a totally different way. Tell me you can't picture old loveable Danny Glover muttering to himself while driving his cab through NY.

 

'...God hates me, that's what it is...'

post #461 of 710

Issac Hayes' Duke was like this paranoid parody of a 70's street pimp. 50 will be a Thug Life update. An almost silent performance. All exaggerated menace.

post #462 of 710
Awesome, Molt. I thought about him as a Romero for awhile.
post #463 of 710
So it's settled. Robert Rodriguez will direct Pither's draft.
post #464 of 710

I had a (to me anyway) more traditional Slag in mind but I want this ESCAPE to have better action. Not more action, just better action. A rousing battle between Starr and Ruhian will greatly help that goal.

post #465 of 710

Clint Howard circa THE WRAITH would've ruled as Romero.

post #466 of 710

I don't know about you guys, but I REALLY want to see Molt's movie.

post #467 of 710

I flirted with a James Franco Snake.

post #468 of 710
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

I don't know about you guys, but I REALLY want to see Molt's movie.

 

We all do.

post #469 of 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
 

I flirted with a James Franco Snake.

 

So have a LOT of people.

post #470 of 710
Our movies are all getting made, right?
post #471 of 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry D View Post

So it's settled. Robert Rodriguez will direct Pither's draft.


Why, whatever do you mean?

 

Eva Green and Naomie Harris are both good choices for Maggie. I actually came close to casting Green as Romero yesterday.

post #472 of 710

This is the part of the Draft where I stop knowing who half the picks are.

post #473 of 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

Our movies are all getting made, right?

 

Mine is, but it's at Warner so it's gonna be cut to pieces. The blu should be a blast though.

post #474 of 710

Salma Hayek pick deserves a little more love. Maggie would've been easy way to go. I think seeing a nasty streak would be fun. Best Duchess so far.

post #475 of 710
I though of an actress for the president but it didn't feel right with a traditional cast like mine.

Anyway, I think Harris would do fine in the role. He always seemed to me a good Pleasance analogue.
post #476 of 710

I think Crowe would rock as a singing Bob Hauk.

post #477 of 710
I'm trying to make my cast diverse. My list will be popular in the Hollywood Whitewashing thread. Here? *crickets*
post #478 of 710

The Culkin pick is the goods.

post #479 of 710

Haha Culkin was one of my considered older Romeros. But I decided he would take the audience out of it.

post #480 of 710
I figure the damage is already done with Malkovich on that score...
post #481 of 710
Ha! Perfect Romero for Dickson's draft (I had to look her up, though).
post #482 of 710
Thread Starter 

Yes! Holy shit.

post #483 of 710
Neeson and Yolandi are solid picks.
post #484 of 710
Out of rep, but a lot of great Romero pics dropping.
post #485 of 710

As mentioned in a prior post, I had Zac Efron as my Romero originally.  When I realized that I needed him for my Snake, Adam Lambert was the first person who popped into my head.  Romero is a bit theatrical, and I think that Lambert could pull that off with panache.  Paired up with 2 awesome Van Halen songs, I think he'd steal the movie.

 

'Nobody rules these streets at night but MEEEEEEEEEEEEE...the Atomic Punk!'

post #486 of 710
What happened to the original actor who played Romero? Did he just turn to dust after filming wrapped?
post #487 of 710

I feel in general that my individual picks are getting better, draft by draft, but holy shit some of you guys are at a far higher level in terms of nailing overall tone. So many drafts actually hang together as casts, not just "Hey! He'd be good as that guy".

post #488 of 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

As mentioned in a prior post, I had Zac Efron as my Romero originally.  When I realized that I needed him for my Snake, Adam Lambert was the first person who popped into my head.  Romero is a bit theatrical, and I think that Lambert could pull that off with panache.  Paired up with 2 awesome Van Halen songs, I think he'd steal the movie.

 

'Nobody rules these streets at night but MEEEEEEEEEEEEE...the Atomic Punk!'

"Somebody Get Me A Doctor" when he gets shivved?

post #489 of 710
I had Walken as Cabbie for a while.
post #490 of 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomTastic View Post

Out of rep, but a lot of great Romero pics dropping.

 

Agreed.

 

 

Aaand there goes my Aubrey. CURSE YOU MURDOCH


Edited by Hammerhead - 8/4/16 at 10:30am
post #491 of 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

I think Crowe would rock as a singing Bob Hauk.


He could definitely bring the goods for a musical Escape.

post #492 of 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

What happened to the original actor who played Romero? Did he just turn to dust after filming wrapped?

Fun fact: his daughter is Portia Doubleday, currently on MR ROBOT.
post #493 of 710
Thread Starter 

Wait... what!? Angela is Romero's daughter?!!

post #494 of 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomTastic View Post

I had Walken as Cabbie for a while.

 

Yeah, I just came to post same thing. He was my second choice. I'm surprised he's going so late in the game.

post #495 of 710

If he isn't Mista Noo Yawk I don't know who is.

post #496 of 710

He IS the King of New York.

post #497 of 710
Thread Starter 

Literally.

 

Moltisanti does it again with Collins Jr. Brilliant.

post #498 of 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhp1608 View Post
 

"Somebody Get Me A Doctor" when he gets shivved?

 

I did consider that, actually.  I see him singing 'Mean Street' when he does the whole 'you touch me, he dies' speech, and then doing 'Atomic Punk' right before he's killed by Brain.

post #499 of 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

 

I did consider that, actually.  I see him singing 'Mean Street' when he does the whole 'you touch me, he dies' speech, and then doing 'Atomic Punk' right before he's killed by Brain.

I think I need to go listen to VH now. God, those first six albums were the dog's bollocks.

post #500 of 710

Seeing Walken in full villain mode again would be great. I think he also could've been a good Brain when he was a bit younger.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Drafts & Lists
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE CHEWERS › Drafts & Lists › ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK - Casting Draft - Sign-Up/Discussion