CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Focused Film Discussion › Jason Bourne (2016) Post Release Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jason Bourne (2016) Post Release Discussion - Page 2

post #51 of 99

But Amnesia Bourne barely knows Nikki. His relationship with Landy is more of the Professional ally type. Marie was the only person he was close to.

post #52 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul755 View Post


I dunno, I thought he had a good non-romantic connection with Landy. And in Ultimatum they seemed to hint that he and Nikki had a thing prior to Treadstone. Potentially setting her up as the romantic interest going forward.

 

Going by Identity and Supremacy and their interactions there, that whole business in Ultimatum seemed to come straight out of left field. Not saying it couldn't be possible (there's huge parts of Jason Bourne/David Webb's life that are completely blank) but after all this time, for this to be dropped in out of nowhere was just ... odd. Even more so given that it went on to go absolutely nowhere.)

 

post #53 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
 

 

This all inspired me to watch The Bourne Identity again. I forgot how good it was. It's actually got some very funny moments in it as well, which I was very pleased to be reminded of.


Totally with you on that. If it weren't for the movies I already have ready to have on tonight, it'd be the first three Bourne films. Those will be for tomorrow.  

post #54 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smugbug View Post
 


Totally with you on that. If it weren't for the movies I already have ready to have on tonight, it'd be the first three Bourne films. Those will be for tomorrow.  

 

Oh do tell, anything interesting?

post #55 of 99

Shan, i get the impression that there's been a bunch of new stuff going on between ULTIMATUM and JASON BOURNE. He and Nikki have definitely stayed in contact with one another.

post #56 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

Shan, i get the impression that there's been a bunch of new stuff going on between ULTIMATUM and JASON BOURNE. He and Nikki have definitely stayed in contact with one another.
Yeah, he says something along the lines of "I told you not to get mixed up with him" referring to the hacker. Plus it was super easy for her to find him.
post #57 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
 

 

Oh do tell, anything interesting?

 

 

Oh, I have Joe vs. The Volcano on again right now. Then, Fast Five, Demolition Man, Sleepy Hollow and I'd like to check out The Invitation on Netflix. 

post #58 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smugbug View Post
 

 

 

Oh, I have Joe vs. The Volcano on again right now. Then, Fast Five, Demolition Man, Sleepy Hollow and I'd like to check out The Invitation on Netflix. 

 

Demolition Man had the amazing Nigel Hawthorne in it. He told a very funny story about how he pointed out Sylvester Stallone in public sometime after they'd made Demolition Man to a friend and he said words to the effect that even though they worked together, he could walk straight past Stallone and he'd totally fail to recognise him. He then did and he did!

 

He really deserved better than that material (which he definitely lifted) and he got it too, in the 80s show Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister. Still highly topical as back then, the show was the UK government debating Trident, membership of the EU, immigration ... turn on the TV and what do you see but the UK government debating guess what? 
 

He could deliver the most amazingly long and complex speeches from memory too. Not just remember all the words but *act* them, too. Stephen Fry said you never got the impression he was searching his memory to remember what to say before he said it. He was the Architect before the Architect.

 

post #59 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
 

 

Demolition Man had the amazing Nigel Hawthorne in it. He told a very funny story about how he pointed out Sylvester Stallone in public sometime after they'd made Demolition Man to a friend and he said words to the effect that even though they worked together, he could walk straight past Stallone and he'd totally fail to recognise him. He then did and he did!

 

He really deserved better than that material (which he definitely lifted) and he got it too, in the 80s show Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister. Still highly topical as back then, the show was the UK government debating Trident, membership of the EU, immigration ... turn on the TV and what do you see but the UK government debating guess what? 
 

He could deliver the most amazingly long and complex speeches from memory too. Not just remember all the words but *act* them, too. Stephen Fry said you never got the impression he was searching his memory to remember what to say before he said it. He was the Architect before the Architect.

 


Thanks for this! While the material of Demolition Man was certainly pedestrian grade compared to Hawthorne's amazing level of skill and talent, I dig it. Its still one of Stallone's most effortless acting and the premise is pretty great. Oh, but great stories and detail on Hawthorne. 

post #60 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smugbug View Post
 


Thanks for this! While the material of Demolition Man was certainly pedestrian grade compared to Hawthorne's amazing level of skill and talent, I dig it. Its still one of Stallone's most effortless acting and the premise is pretty great. Oh, but great stories and detail on Hawthorne. 

 

Just one more since this is nominally the Jason Bourne thread ...

 

This was back in the 1980s before they'd even bought Trident. As history has shown us, the UK government went on to buy it and they're now having the exact same arguments (again) in real life about replacing it.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/12/replacing-trident-will-cost-at-least-205-billion-campaign-for-nuclear-disarmament

 

Only now, it could cost 205 billion pounds - or even more.

 

 

This show has somehow managed to be both ahead of its time and remain topical for several decades after it was made and I can't see that changing anytime soon if political news out of the UK is anything to go by.

 

Nigel Hawthorne is fantastic yet again in this clip, as is his co-star Paul Eddington.

post #61 of 99
Just got out. No time to say anything other than that aside from the diverting Vegas chase, this movie was boring. I was pretty checked out for most of this film's running time, especially by the eye rolling revelation that betrays what SUPREMACY was about.

I could have done something more worthwhile like watching DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER on blu-ray. At least the ticket was free.
post #62 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stockslivevan View Post

Just got out. No time to say anything other than that aside from the diverting Vegas chase, this movie was boring. I was pretty checked out for most of this film's running time, especially by the eye rolling revelation that betrays what SUPREMACY was about.

I could have done something more worthwhile like watching DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER on blu-ray. At least the ticket was free.

 

The reveal that his father founded Treadstone, threatened to blow the whistle because they were looking to recruit his son (so it was OK when it was complete strangers doing the mass murder then) and that not only did the Agency kill his father (hence that's why he volunteered, thinking it was terrorists), the specific person who did it was Vincent Cassel.

 

That was just so on the nose, I think I've completely lost my sense of smell as a result.

 

Ultimatum was just so much better when for all we knew, he volunteered because he was a psychopath who liked killing people under the guise of serving his country (I mean look at the Treadstone agents in general) and that Paz who was hunting him the entire movie was just doing so because it was his job. Made his decision not to shoot him at the end all the more powerful because Bourne spared him earlier and he couldn't then kill him without knowing why, as people like them never did something like that, ever.

post #63 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
 

Where do we send the cheque to?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dent6084 View Post
 

Putting ten bucks on

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Julia Stiles getting the "Paddy Considine in Bourne Ultimatum/Franka Potente in Bourne Supremacy" opening action sequence death.

 

I mean, it could not happen, but based on that trailer, I'm willing to predict that's how the film opens.

Hah. I haven't seen this yet (got spoiled on the Dad thing which sounds so blisteringly dumb and predictable), but...yeah, it seemed pretty obvious to me on how they were selling the film. Greengrass seems to have a go-to trick on how to open these films - kill off a character to get Bourne started on his journey, and Nicky is both "the girl" (Potente) and "the confidential source" (Considine). Plus, Alicia Vikander has an Oscar and Julia Stiles doesn't. Such is the way of Hollywood.

post #64 of 99
The fact that Vikander was in the movie already alerted me that Stiles would not make it to the end, because Hollywood is just cynical enough dump a starlet that had turned 30 in favor of a younger one that's recently become the new it girl. Heck, she's essentially replacing Joan Allen as well.
post #65 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent6084 View Post
 

Hah. I haven't seen this yet (got spoiled on the Dad thing which sounds so blisteringly dumb and predictable), but...yeah, it seemed pretty obvious to me on how they were selling the film. Greengrass seems to have a go-to trick on how to open these films - kill off a character to get Bourne started on his journey, and Nicky is both "the girl" (Potente) and "the confidential source" (Considine). Plus, Alicia Vikander has an Oscar and Julia Stiles doesn't. Such is the way of Hollywood.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stockslivevan View Post

The fact that Vikander was in the movie already alerted me that Stiles would not make it to the end, because Hollywood is just cynical enough dump a starlet that had turned 30 in favor of a younger one that's recently become the new it girl. Heck, she's essentially replacing Joan Allen as well.

 

It didn't cross my mind before I went in to seeing it (hadn't seen much of the promotional material, though) but the longer the motorbike chase went on and then the longer Vincent Cassel kept running to get into position, the more it dawned on me that they were doing a Supremacy.

 

That thought after the event also crossed my mind, that they were trading Stiles out for Vikander.

 

Vikander's character is very poor in comparison to the people who were before her, both in writing and performance. She goes from telling the agent on the ground what to do to try to kill Bourne and Nicky to seemingly turning on a dime to help him, her motives come across as all muddled and even factoring in the material, Oscar or no Oscar, she is ... she is not good in this.

 

Actually, the more I think about it, not only did I not like this film, the more I regret even ever seeing it in the first place. 

 

One good thing that came out of this, I went back and rewatched The Bourne Identity. That was so much better than this it wasn't funny.

 

Did Doug Liman have a falling out with someone and that's why Greenglass replaced him in the first place? I have to wonder. Not that I didn't like Supremacy and Ultimatum but this just stunk up the place and the ongoing story which was doing at least OK up to now.

post #66 of 99
I really miss Allen in the role. She really did a great job of portraying her character with the right balance of ambition, coldness and genuine concern for Bourne, something I couldn't quite get out of Vikander but that's probably due to the bad writing. I did thought it was weird how she switched from wanting to kill Bourne to suddenly aiding him. By that point I had given up trying to understand what the film was going for and just rolled with whatever happened.

As for Liman. From what I understand, the studio dumped Liman because he went past schedule and over budget with IDENTITY.
post #67 of 99

Haven't seen this and probably won't unless it drops on Netflix eventually, but I am interested if there is any confirmation of what Ultimatum hinted at that Bourne and Nicky used to be lovers? 

 

I thought that was such a weird moment in Ultimatum, where Nicky's like, "So you really don't REMEMBER me?" Hint hint, nudge nudge.

post #68 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post
 

Haven't seen this and probably won't unless it drops on Netflix eventually, but I am interested if there is any confirmation of what Ultimatum hinted at that Bourne and Nicky used to be lovers? 

 

None.

post #69 of 99

Did I totally imagine that moment in Ultimatum, or is it mostly accepted that Bourne and Nicky having a past together is an interpretation? 

post #70 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post
 

Did I totally imagine that moment in Ultimatum, or is it mostly accepted that Bourne and Nicky having a past together is an interpretation? 

 

Script read-throughs for each film must be so much fun. "Oh, after one film of not even showing an initial reaction after seeing him in person for the first time and the one of sheer terror because I think he's going to kill me, I now have to suggest we have some complicated past and maybe even a relationship in this one?" and then for this one. "Oh damn. Hey, I at least get SAG residuals if you use footage of me in future films, right?"

 

Also.

 

"Oh wait, after 14 years and three films where there wasn't even the slightest hint, turns out my father was behind all of this?"

post #71 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post

Did I totally imagine that moment in Ultimatum, or is it mostly accepted that Bourne and Nicky having a past together is an interpretation? 

I got the implication in too in ULTIMATUM, which was heavily reinforced by the Marie callbacks with Bourne having Nicky dye her hair. I always took it that as why Bourne made sure she got away from him because he didn't want to have Nicky suffer the same fate.

Either way, none of this is followed up in the 2016 film. Being the only returning supporting character from the trilogy, I assumed they would get more into that.
post #72 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
 

 

Script read-throughs for each film must be so much fun. "Oh, after one film of not even showing an initial reaction after seeing him in person for the first time and the one of sheer terror because I think he's going to kill me, I now have to suggest we have some complicated past and maybe even a relationship in this one?" and then for this one. "Oh damn. Hey, I at least get SAG residuals if you use footage of me in future films, right?"

I never had an issue with this. In Identity when Bourne actually shows up in the field office, Conklin is there too and it's not like she's going to go 'hey, remember how we were sleeping together?' while her boss is there. There's no way it's cool that a handler is sleeping with one of the agents. And in Supremacy he's at 100% 'I am going to kill you right now if you don't tell me what is going on' mode and when you have somebody that you care about, but who has no memory of who you are threatening to kill you how else are you supposed to react other than being absolutely fucking terrified. She prods him about it in Ultimatum because he's already said that he's starting to remember things, and they're actually having a quiet moment and she thinks maybe she can get through to him.

post #73 of 99
That's kind of how I read it too, though she does kind of roll with the plan of killing him in SUPREMACY. It's not perfect, but I can roll with it.

Until this new movie pretty much shattered that reading, among a bunch of other stuff.
post #74 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stockslivevan View Post

I really miss Allen in the role. She really did a great job of portraying her character with the right balance of ambition, coldness and genuine concern for Bourne, something I couldn't quite get out of Vikander but that's probably due to the bad writing. I did thought it was weird how she switched from wanting to kill Bourne to suddenly aiding him. By that point I had given up trying to understand what the film was going for and just rolled with whatever happened.

As for Liman. From what I understand, the studio dumped Liman because he went past schedule and over budget with IDENTITY.

Yeah, that seems to be kind of a thing with Liman. Not only did BI go past schedule and over budget, so did Mr. and Mrs. Smith (legendarily so), and Edge of Tomorrow had to go through some pretty extensive, Rogue One-level reshoots.

post #75 of 99

That's just kinda the way Liman works!

 

I remember listening agog at an interview with the screenwriter for Mr. and Mrs. Smith describing at what had to be scrapped and redone.

post #76 of 99

When I watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith, I did my own special editing job on it by turning it off after 15 minutes because it was so godawful.

post #77 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 

That's just kinda the way Liman works!

 

I remember listening agog at an interview with the screenwriter for Mr. and Mrs. Smith describing at what had to be scrapped and redone.

 

Please correct me if I'm wrong I heard there was an entire subplot filmed with Jacqueline Bisset (among others) that was actually filmed before being cut out entirely.

 

Also, you just know that Keith David had to have had more in the film than just one shot where he's reflected in a monitor.

 

I mean, who would seriously hire him for only that in the first place?

 

 

I also heard the script for Mr and Mrs Smith was part of someone's Master's thesis.

 

If true, I wonder if they passed or not?

post #78 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
 

 

Please correct me if I'm wrong I heard there was an entire subplot filmed with Jacqueline Bisset (among others) that was actually filmed before being cut out entirely.

 

Also, you just know that Keith David had to have had more in the film than just one shot where he's reflected in a monitor.

 

I mean, who would seriously hire him for only that in the first place?

 

 

I also heard the script for Mr and Mrs Smith was part of someone's Master's thesis.

 

If true, I wonder if they passed or not?

Yup, it was Simon Kinberg's Master's thesis.

 

And just look at what he's gone on to do since!

 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1334526/#writer

post #79 of 99

I never saw the actual movie, but I'm under the impression that Bisset and David were the original villains... but then that material was scrapped and reshot with two different actors?

post #80 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 

I never saw the actual movie, but I'm under the impression that Bisset and David were the original villains... but then that material was scrapped and reshot with two different actors?

According to IMDB's Trivia page, originally it was Bisset and Terence Stamp, then that was scrapped and they were replaced with Angela Bassett and Keith David...and then their scenes were scrapped as well.

post #81 of 99

The movie should've been called

 

Mr. and Mrs. Scrapped!

 

Working with Doug Liman sounds utterly crazy!

 

So it makes sense that Cruise would happily work with him again!

post #82 of 99
I see that he's been credited for all the Bourne films as "executive producer". I thought that was just SUPREMACY. Guess this was his little prize for kick starting the franchise.
post #83 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafhrd View Post
 

I never had an issue with this. In Identity when Bourne actually shows up in the field office, Conklin is there too and it's not like she's going to go 'hey, remember how we were sleeping together?' while her boss is there. There's no way it's cool that a handler is sleeping with one of the agents. And in Supremacy he's at 100% 'I am going to kill you right now if you don't tell me what is going on' mode and when you have somebody that you care about, but who has no memory of who you are threatening to kill you how else are you supposed to react other than being absolutely fucking terrified. She prods him about it in Ultimatum because he's already said that he's starting to remember things, and they're actually having a quiet moment and she thinks maybe she can get through to him.

 

I didn't have a problem with it either that they were introducing new things in the general sense, I was being quite serious that as each new film came along, it really must have been fun for the actor to find out some hitheroto unknown piece of backstory. It's just that some of these later additions jarr so badly they should never have put them in. Obviously, the real world explanation is that they were making it all up as they were going along but some things they did worked better than others.

 

For example, I suspect that what we learned about Abbott in Supremacy wasn't planned at the time of Identity (apparently a deleted alternate ending had him finding a collapsed Bourne and offering to take him back into the Agency, obviously that doesn't now fit with the sequel). 

 

Some things definitely worked. Identity had Abbott and Conklin, Supremacy added to Abbott and introduced Landy and then Ultimatum carried forward Landy. What I thought was especially clever was how it was revealed that the end of Supremacy was somewhere near the middle of Ultimatum. Now if that idea hadn't been thought of at the time of Supremacy and only came later, in some ways, I'm even more impressed. 

 

Nicky doesn't even show the slightest flicker of a reaction when sees Bourne in Indentity (of course the likely meta-reason is because the back story hadn't been thought of at the time). I guess it's always possible that she clamped down on it that well, it's just in retrospect it could be seen as just a bit out of the ordinary.

 

As for what kind of relationship they had, I think there's enough ambiguity/lack of information for it not to necessarily have been a personal one (even though that's the most likely explanation) but a professional one where they just worked closely together (it is known to happen - like what she had with the other Treadstone agents expect maybe just a little less clinically cold a la Clive Owen) and she saw him being demolished piece by piece.

 

Now that I think about it, I'm thinking they threw that in there to give at least some degree of explanation as to why she was helping him after seemingly not knowing him in Identity and the fact it looked very likely he was going to kill her in Supremacy.

 

As for backstories, I like to imagine she must have been one of the best and brightest recruits the CIA had ever seen, her file puts her as being born in 1979, if Identity happened in 2002, she was already running multiple agents from a field office in France at age 22-23 and had in some way been part of the Treadstone training programme before that. So at the very latest, she must have gone to work for them straight after university and was probably recruited while still a student.

post #84 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent6084 View Post

According to IMDB's Trivia page, originally it was Bisset and Terence Stamp, then that was scrapped and they were replaced with Angela Bassett and Keith David...and then their scenes were scrapped as well.
Wow. I had no idea.

That's so wasteful!
post #85 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stockslivevan View Post

I see that he's been credited for all the Bourne films as "executive producer". I thought that was just SUPREMACY. Guess this was his little prize for kick starting the franchise.

Liman optioned the rights himself from Ludlum. 

post #86 of 99

I wonder how much he still gets paid every time they make another one of these.

post #87 of 99
It's always stuck me as a bit harsh how little credit Liman gets for his involvement in this series.
post #88 of 99
And Gilroy at this point.

If there's to be another Bourne film, I think it would be in Greengrass and Damon's best interest to settle their differences with Gilroy to work together.
post #89 of 99
It does seem a series that's better as a team effort. Maybe they should let Liman have another crack at it.
post #90 of 99
Given Damon's loyalty to Greengrass, perhaps not.

I'll say this for Bourne '16, it actually makes me admire the other two Greengrass films even more. I was never an avid fan of Bourne, just a casual viewer that dug them. As I was watching the new film, it really came to mind how irrelevant the whole thing was. The original Bourne films were clearly films of their time but really thrived on tackling the concepts that were strongly relevant during the Bush years, they felt like they came from something organic. Meanwhile, there something desperate about how Bourne '16 tries to find relevancy in the 2010s, having the Greece riots as a setting and its focus on social media. The TED talk bit feels so inauthentic with its figure head saying simplistic and vague things like "our site is totally privacy friendly!" greeted with standing ovations. It felt more like a parody of our world than something real. This tacking of themes gives me the impression that they're something that Greengrass is probably more interested in discussing than actually wanting to do a Bourne story. Bourne's story in this is so one note that I suspect Greengrass only did this film just to use Bourne as a piggyback for the kind of themes he was more interested in tackling, which probably explains why everything that has to do with just Bourne's character feels like it's going through the motions.

If another Bourne film happens, I rather it just stay focused on Bourne's character. No attempts at trying to come off relevant, just focus on character work and for the love of God do not just fall back on "Bourne finds a deep dark secret about Treadstone". Let's explore new territory.

But maybe there's nothing left. Bourne felt like such an empty character in the 2016 film that it's probably past its due date.
Edited by Mr. Stockslivevan - 8/9/16 at 12:01am
post #91 of 99

Just got out of this.  Seeing as how I was pretty indifferent towards that trailer, as well as the reviews basically urging me to stay away, I decided to watch it anyways (helps when you only have to pay $3) and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I'm nominating it as my "BlackHat" of the year: a no-nonsense adult thriller being poo-poohed by critics because, I dunno, it doesn't have superheroes in it or something.

 

With that said, JasonBourne is what it is: another Bourne film and pretty much borrows every fucking trope from the, better, original trilogy to a T. Still, the film's effective enough that I was pretty much engaged throughout.

post #92 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrknudsen View Post
 

SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE SPOILER SPACE

 

 

So a question about the final scene... I was under the impression throughout the movie that Heather Lee was actually and sincerely trying to help Bourne. So what was the deal with Bourne revealing that he'd listened in on her conversation in the car in the end where she talks to the director about bringing Bourne back into the fold -- or getting rid of him if they couldn't? It was my impression that she was somewhat bullshitting the director in order to move up in the ranks and having a better shot at helping Bourne and changing the CIA from the inside. But that very last scene plays out as if she was 100% sincere in that car conversation and Bourne having listened in and recorded it was some big comeuppance -- especially with the way the Moby theme kicked in for that final "Yeah, you go Bourne!" moment.

 

To me, it felt more like Bourne listening in on a conversation and not understanding the political game Heather Lee was playing, so he got the impression that she was just another Robert Dewey when that wasn't at all the case. So basically a dumb moment for Bourne and kind of a weird scene to end on.

Yeah, I didn't get that at all. Pretty sure she was bullshitting Bourne, and only wanted Dewey out of the way so that she can rise through the ranks. There's a much better movie that deals with all this, but Heather Lee thought she was smarter than both Dewey and Bourne because she wasn't part of the old guard--Bourne reminds her that "she never had a chance."

post #93 of 99
post #94 of 99

3D version of JASON BOURNE causes nausea in China.

 

Quote:

 On Wednesday, many Chinese moviegoers alleged that the 3D version of Jason Bourne had left them feeling dizzy and nauseous. Others soon joined the chorus to complain that it was too difficult to see the original 2D version, as cinemas were overwhelmingly screening the 3D option.

 

"I really felt sick during the fighting scenes when I watched it in 3D," posted a user name azooombie on Weibo, a Chinese social media service, adding: "It was like a low-budget movie. I need to watch again in 2D."

post #95 of 99

hahahaha oh man oh no

post #96 of 99

They released a Bourne movie in 3D?

 

*checks date*

 

Nope, it isn't April 1st!

post #97 of 99

3D is apparently a bigger deal for international releases than it is for US releases. But, yeah, whoever decided to release this movie in 3D was nuts.
 

So, on another note, I'm guessing Jason Bourne falls into the category of box office disappointment. It's making money, but it's certainly not a huge hit. Certainly not the franchise jump-start the studio bigwigs were hoping for.

post #98 of 99

Not a huge hit. But it definitely made a profit, unlike a lot of Blockbusters this year.

post #99 of 99

Holy crap, a Greengrass film with a cheapo 3D post-conversion...I feel like a need to go to the doctor after just reading about it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Focused Film Discussion
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Focused Film Discussion › Jason Bourne (2016) Post Release Discussion