CHUD.com Community › Forums › POLITICS & RELIGION › Political Discourse › Trumpocalypse Now
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trumpocalypse Now - Page 791

post #39501 of 40292

The tax bill fuckup is great news.

 

If the whole thing comes crashing down before anyone can start a war, man you lucked out with the stupidity and incompetence of these people. 

post #39502 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard View Post

The tax bill fuckup is great news.

If the whole thing comes crashing down before anyone can start a war, man you lucked out with the stupidity and incompetence of these people. 

Please don’t jinx it...
post #39503 of 40292

An interesting line of defense: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/roy-moore-alabama-senate-race_us_5a26a5cbe4b086e4e5047704?qol

 

I'm sure the comment has been taken out of context, but it does read a lot like "There are actually quite a few women that Roy Moore didn't try to molest"

 

Just needs the classic Trump preface "A lot of people don't know this, but..." for maximum effect.

post #39504 of 40292

Gross
Old
Perverts

post #39505 of 40292

Gang 

Of

Pedophiles

post #39506 of 40292

Again, that his victims are female is also a big factor in how he's getting a pass.

If Moore had been revealed as a closeted sodomite (Southernspeak for Gay Male), his career would had been killed instantly.

Possibly even faster than the laws of physics allow if he was into black males.

post #39507 of 40292
Quote:
Manu RajuVerified account 

Jeff Flake, one of the toughest Trump critics in the Senate GOP Conference, joining group of senators for lunch with Trump today

No biggie, I just thought Jeff Flake being described as "tough" is really funny.

post #39508 of 40292
Jeff Flake is the Hudson of GOP senators.
post #39509 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterTarantino View Post

Jeff Flake is the Hudson of GOP senators.

 

I'd call him the Carter Burky myself.  Weasel.

post #39510 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

I'd call him the Carter Burky myself.  Weasel.

Everyone except Corker is Burke, trying to fuck each other over for a percentage.

Which is what this tax reform literally is.
post #39511 of 40292

Who's Gorman, then?  Ryan?

post #39512 of 40292

Ryan is Brad Dourif in RESURRECTION.

post #39513 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy dunlop View Post
 

Ryan is Brad Dourif in RESURRECTION.

post #39514 of 40292

McConnell is one of the deformed clones.

post #39515 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
 

Gang 

Of

Pedophiles


Honestly, if I were running the Democrats' PR, I would at least partially center 2018 around the slogan "THE GOP WANTS TO FUCK YOUR KIDS".

 

For many reasons, I'm not in charge of the Democrats' PR, but they really should consider using that basic concept as inspiration.

post #39516 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent6084 View Post
 


Honestly, if I were running the Democrats' PR, I would at least partially center 2018 around the slogan "THE GOP WANTS TO FUCK YOUR KIDS".

That should at least be a t-shirt.

post #39517 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent6084 View Post
 


Honestly, if I were running the Democrats' PR, I would at least partially center 2018 around the slogan "THE GOP WANTS TO FUCK YOUR KIDS".

 

For many reasons, I'm not in charge of the Democrats' PR, but they really should consider using that basic concept as inspiration.

 

If I were the Dems, I'd try and do everything that I could to associate the GOP with NAMBLA.

post #39518 of 40292

You guys realize that would just motivate Republicans to get out and vote, right? 

 

These people take no greater pride than they do in being attacked (whether for real or imagined/constructed).  It validates everything they've been told to believe about themselves and their political opposition.  Remember how quickly "Deplorable" became a badge of honor on the right?

post #39519 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
 

You guys realize that would just motivate Republicans to get out and vote, right? 

 

These people take no greater pride than they do in being attacked (whether for real or imagined/constructed).  It validates everything they've been told to believe about themselves and their political opposition.  Remember how quickly "Deplorable" became a badge of honor on the right?

Absolutely. The GOP has a blast playing the role of "persecuted martyr."

post #39520 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangy View Post
 

Absolutely. The GOP has a blast playing the role of "persecuted martyr."

 

To a degree.  Being associated with NAMBLA might make them cringe, though.

post #39521 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
 

You guys realize that would just motivate Republicans to get out and vote, right? 

 

These people take no greater pride than they do in being attacked (whether for real or imagined/constructed).  It validates everything they've been told to believe about themselves and their political opposition.  Remember how quickly "Deplorable" became a badge of honor on the right?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

 

To a degree.  Being associated with NAMBLA might make them cringe, though.


Yeah, I'd say there's a difference between "Deplorable" and "Pedophile".

 

Or, hell, just pull an LBJ on the elected officials specifically: "Hey, Mitch, when'd you stop fucking kids? Ted, how about you? When did you stop fucking kids, Tom Cotton?"

post #39522 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

 

To a degree.  Being associated with NAMBLA might make them cringe, though.


Nah.  They'll just do the same thing Roy Moore is doing:  "It's a baseless political attack by the fake news liberal media.  Which just goes to show how scared the liberals are of us!"

 

Honestly, given Conyers and Franken and whoever else may yet come under fire, I don't think either party is in a position to take the "Sexual misconduct high road."  All it will lead to is motivated Republican voters and apathetic voters continuing to be apathetic because "They're both the same!" after all the false equivalencies are applied.  Better to just condemn the behavior and move on (and the good news there is that only Democrats are likely to give a full-throated condemnation of the behavior).

 

But whatever I may think I'm sure it'll get bandied about regardless.

post #39523 of 40292

The NAMBLA connection doesn't even fit.  What the Moore situation highlights is that it's not the age part of NAMBLA that disgusts conservatives, it's the homosexual part.  All throwing that at them would do is remind his supporters that at least he ain't no queer.

post #39524 of 40292

Pence offering to go all Et Tu on Trump after the Access Hollywood tape is gonna rustle the Presidential jimmies.

 

Trump is gonna be super mad.

 

lol

post #39525 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
 

Pence offering to go all Et Tu on Trump after the Access Hollywood tape is gonna rustle the Presidential jimmies.

 

Trump is gonna be super mad.

 

lol


Assuming he didn't know about it already.  But yes, there's potential for a blow-up there.

post #39526 of 40292

Trump didn't know anything. Everyone that's part of this deal does their absolute utmost to not tell the guy anything.

 

Because he's a fucking moron of the most incredible degree.

post #39527 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post

Pence offering to go all Et Tu on Trump after the Access Hollywood tape is gonna rustle the Presidential jimmies.
Wait, wait, what?
post #39528 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

 

To a degree.  Being associated with NAMBLA might make them cringe, though.

 

They've fully embraced a pedophile, out in the open for all to see, all in the name of political team sports.

 

 

post #39529 of 40292
post #39530 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
 

The NAMBLA connection doesn't even fit.  What the Moore situation highlights is that it's not the age part of NAMBLA that disgusts conservatives, it's the homosexual part.  All throwing that at them would do is remind his supporters that at least he ain't no queer.

 

It doesn't matter if it fits.  Just associate it with them and keep up the attack.  Most of them are too stupid to even understand that there's a difference.

post #39531 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

 

It doesn't matter if it fits.  Just associate it with them and keep up the attack.  Most of them are too stupid to even understand that there's a difference.


And most of them don't care because they've already agreed they'll support alleged pedophiles as long as they have the right letter next to their name on the ballot and the person denies it enough.

 

I don't understand what you think this is going to accomplish.  It's not going to discourage Republican voters (and would most likely do the opposite).  It's not going to energize apathetic (non) voters, and Democratic voters at least like to think they have enough critical thinking skills to realize the attack is hyperbole (and weren't going to vote Republican anyway).

 

So aside from making ourselves feel better for a little while or getting a chuckle out of our little "zingers" what's the point? 

 

You can't shame the shameless.

post #39532 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

 

To a degree.  Being associated with NAMBLA might make them cringe, though.

I look forward to meeting this faction of the 2017 GOP which has the ability to feel shame.

post #39533 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
 


And most of them don't care because they've already agreed they'll support alleged pedophiles as long as they have the right letter next to their name on the ballot and the person denies it enough.

 

It's not that they don't care if they're pedophiles; a lot of them just don't believe the allegations because Immortan Don and his crew have so firmly planted the "fake news" idea that anything remotely damaging to a Republican gets dismissed as some lefty plot.

post #39534 of 40292

K.T. McFarland's nomination for ambassador to Singapore frozen due to her Flynn connection.

 

The House delayed its stopgap bill talks today.

 

John McCain got a Cosby-esque reversal when he asked for more followers to get to 3 million Twitter followers. He lost 20,000.

 

Today is okay... so far.

post #39535 of 40292
post #39536 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Dickson View Post
 

 

It's not that they don't care if they're pedophiles; a lot of them just don't believe the allegations because Immortan Don and his crew have so firmly planted the "fake news" idea that anything remotely damaging to a Republican gets dismissed as some lefty plot.


True, but that's still kind of the point.  All it takes is a denial and they give them the benefit of the doubt because fake news.  Trying to link the entire Republican party (and by extension those that vote for them) to Moore/his behavior is just going to at best make Republican voters scoff at the ridiculousness of it, and at worst actually get angry and DEFINITELY show up to vote when the time comes.

 

Saying "GOP SUPPORTS NAMBLA" isn't doing anything to counter the fake news mindset.  It's giving them evidence that their beliefs about fake news are completely true.

post #39537 of 40292

The National Discourse is what it is.

 

If and when you get together with your Republican relatives this Christmas season, be sure to ask:

"How does it feel to be part of a Party that endorses kid fuckers?"

post #39538 of 40292
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
 


True, but that's still kind of the point.  All it takes is a denial and they give them the benefit of the doubt because fake news.  Trying to link the entire Republican party (and by extension those that vote for them) to Moore/his behavior is just going to at best make Republican voters scoff at the ridiculousness of it, and at worst actually get angry and DEFINITELY show up to vote when the time comes.

 

Saying "GOP SUPPORTS NAMBLA" isn't doing anything to counter the fake news mindset.  It's giving them evidence that their beliefs about fake news are completely true.

 

Yes because NAMBLA is about gay sex with boy children which is not what Moore or any current GOP Congressmen are being accused of. 

post #39539 of 40292
Quote:
He was genuinely shocked by the Access Hollywood tape. In the short time they’d known each other, Trump had made an effort to convince Pence that—beneath all the made-for-TV bluster and bravado—he was a good-hearted man with faith in God. On the night of the vice-presidential debate, for example, Trump had left a voicemail letting Pence know that he’d just said a prayer for him. The couple was appalled by the video, however. Karen in particular was “disgusted,” says a former campaign aide. “She finds him reprehensible—just totally vile.”

HAAAAA, first of all, imagine Donald Trump saying he was praying for you. Then, imagine BELIEVING HIM. The disingenuousness of that passage is amazing. The only GOP justification for Trump is literally "Hey now, I'm not evil . . . I'm just stupid!"

post #39540 of 40292
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent6084 View Post
 


Following up on this, the Guardian is confirming that Mueller now has Trump's bank records.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/05/donald-trump-bank-records-handed-over-robert-mueller

 

Insert Chris Pratt GIF of zoom in of him going "OOOOOOHHHHH!"

post #39541 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
 


Nah.  They'll just do the same thing Roy Moore is doing:  "It's a baseless political attack by the fake news liberal media.  Which just goes to show how scared the liberals are of us!"

 

Honestly, given Conyers and Franken and whoever else may yet come under fire, I don't think either party is in a position to take the "Sexual misconduct high road."  All it will lead to is motivated Republican voters and apathetic voters continuing to be apathetic because "They're both the same!" after all the false equivalencies are applied.  Better to just condemn the behavior and move on (and the good news there is that only Democrats are likely to give a full-throated condemnation of the behavior).

 

But whatever I may think I'm sure it'll get bandied about regardless.

 

 

Jmac's on point here.  The "pedophile" thing is going to not gaining a ton of traction and will backfire if pressed harder, because the fact is, most people (in Alabama and elsewhere) don't really look at dating teenagers as pedophilia.  When people talk about how even murderers go after the child molesters in prison, they aren't talking about statutory rapists.  Most people don't know the clinical terms for the precise pathologies involved, but they have an intuitive understanding that liking teenagers is a different thing than liking pre-pubescent children, and the former does not raise the same gut level revulsion as the latter.  And conflating the two just comes off to them as "hysteria" and "liberal witch hunts", etc.

 

The point is, while in general I'd agree that you can't dumb things down too far for the electorate, I don't think it works in this case.  What he did is bad enough, without trying to use terms to paint it as something different.  I think more emphasis should have been placed on the fact that as DA at the time, it was his job to prosecute people for exactly what he was doing, and as a judge he was consistently soft on sexual predators.  I think "predator" and "creep" are strong and accurate enough to do the job, while "pedophile" and "child molester" 1) can actually be refuted, and 2) allow Moore's defenders to rant about media bias instead of defending a guy who was too creepy for an Alabama mall in the 70s.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

 

It doesn't matter if it fits.  Just associate it with them and keep up the attack.  Most of them are too stupid to even understand that there's a difference.

 

"Ain't no queer" is a difference they do understand.  Tossing NAMBLA around just hands them that deflection on a plate, and lets them go on and on about what he isn't and what he didn't do.  

post #39542 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent6084 View Post
 


Following up on this, the Guardian is confirming that Mueller now has Trump's bank records.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/05/donald-trump-bank-records-handed-over-robert-mueller

 

post #39543 of 40292

Ooooooooo. Someone is not fucking around.

 

Meanwhile:

 

post #39544 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
 

The National Discourse is what it is.

 

If and when you get together with your Republican relatives this Christmas season, be sure to ask:

"How does it feel to be part of a Party that endorses kid fuckers?"


This isn't really something I have to worry about given that most of my relatives are sane.  But once again...what are you intending to accomplish besides drama?  You're not going to convince a god-damn(ed) soul, because they're just going to either A:  Throw the "fake news" defense or B:  Point out that they're not in Alabama, and THEIR Republicans don't do that shit so your point is invalidated, and by the way "How does it feel to be part of a Party that endorses baby killing?"

post #39545 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
 

and by the way "How does it feel to be part of a Party that endorses the slaughter of babies?"

 

You say that like it hasn't already come up.

 

And the response has been, "Youre in a burning house. You have time to enter one room and save whats in it. In one room is a two year old. In the other room is one of those Jurassic Park vials with 10,000 embryos. WHO YOU GOT? Now stop bullshitting me about slaughtering babies, because I am not for that."

Splutter sputter etc.

 

And yes. We are trying to accomplish drama with this. 

post #39546 of 40292

But you vote for a party that's pro kid-fucker, and you're gonna hear about it from me. EZ. RNC endorsed Moore. That's the Party.

 

I don't know why some of you just fold up on this stuff and cede it to the shitheads because you're above it all.

post #39547 of 40292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post

 

And yes. We are trying to accomplish drama with this. 

So basically just patting yourself on the back and condescendingly trolling them.  Well I'm sure that's a winning strategy for Democrats in 2018 and beyond!

 

I mean, like I said, I don't really have this problem (much), but there are far easier ways to get yourself off of your conservative relations' social media feeds (and vice-versa).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
 

But you vote for a party that's pro kid-fucker, and you're gonna hear about it from me. EZ. RNC endorsed Moore. That's the Party.

 

I don't know why some of you just fold up on this stuff and cede it to the shitheads because you're above it all.

 

It's not about being "above it all."  It's about being strategic about how you fight your battles instead of just flailing blindly in a frothing rage.  I get it, folks want the catharsis of being able to punch someone (verbally or physically), but in the long run always jumping to that go-to is going to make the problems worse, not better.

post #39548 of 40292

Attacking Republicans is like wrestling a pig in shit. Sooner or later, you realize they like it. 

post #39549 of 40292

"Sure, the Republican Party endorsed a guy who sexually assaulted a 14-year old. But I'm not gonna bring it up."

 

Winning strategy, ya'll.

post #39550 of 40292

Tying it to NAMBLA is dumb.

 

Ignoring it is dumber.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Political Discourse
CHUD.com Community › Forums › POLITICS & RELIGION › Political Discourse › Trumpocalypse Now