CHUD.com Community › Forums › POLITICS & RELIGION › Political Discourse › Trumpocalypse Now
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trumpocalypse Now - Page 795

post #39701 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondguy View Post

Edit: I'm in a snarky mood today and need to check my posting.

(I agree on the Taylor Swift take though)

 

I thought it was funny! 

post #39702 of 40441

Five seconds after I posted it, my filter kicked in and went "nah"

post #39703 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Daniels View Post

(and I guess McGowan is on the fold out cover? I'll need to find an issue),

 

If you're referring to arm on the right:

 

Quote:
One woman, described in the article as a young hospital worker from Texas, has just her arm showing on the cover. Felsenthal said  the woman "doesn't feel ... that she can come forward without threatening her livelihood."

 

So, I don't think to cover folds out.

post #39704 of 40441

INT. - THE WHITE HOUSE KITCHEN - MORNING

 

DONALD TRUMP sits at the kitchen island, eating a KFC twelve piece for breakfast, dipping his fingers into the gravy and smearing it onto the chicken as he eats. He lets out a frustrated SIGH.

 

DONALD

I'm bored...

 

AUDIENCE LAUGHS.

 

DONALD

The tax thingy is old news. Twitter only wants to talk about Taylor Smith.

What's going on in the world today?

 

MIKE PENCE enter the kitchen and POURS himself a glass of human tears.

AUDIENCE WOO'S AND CHEERS.

 

MIKE

Well Don, there's always something going on in the Middle East.

Why don't you jump on the Googles and read about it.

 

Donald perks up a bit. With a COY SMILE he asks:

 

DONALD

Say Mike... what do you think would be the worst thing that could happen to the Middle East today?

 

AUDIENCE LAUGHS SOFTLY.

 

MIKE

Well Don, the Jews and Arabs have fought forever over ownership of Jerusalem.

It's central to both parties' religions and has been a source of much violence

and war for many, many years.

 

DONALD

Yes, go on. What would happen if one side wanted it more than the other?

 

MIKE

Well Don, both sides want it equally bad and there's no one

to really mediate or decide who can claim ownership.

 

DONALD

What if I did it?

 

MIKE

Well Don, a super power like the United States recognizing

ownership of Jerusalem to one party or the other would

ignite a whole new wave of violence and fighting.

 

DONALD

People would die?

 

MIKE

Well Don, yes.

 

DONALD

...brown people?

 

AUDIENCE WOO'S EXCITEDLY.

 

MIKE

Well Don, yes - but there's an array of ethnicities

and skin tones in the regio--

 

DONALD

Be right back, Mike!

 

MIKE

Oh, that Donald...!

 

AUDIENCE LAUGHS and we FADE TO BLACK.

post #39705 of 40441

You just know Mike Pence spent yesterday afternoon vigorously mast-err..."praying" because he was so excited about grateful for his little part in helping bring about the End Times.

post #39706 of 40441

I'd have to look back at the 2012 thread to see how many jabs I took at Romney for missing out on Vietnam and questioning Obama's foreign policy (the recent past seems so quaint nowadays), but Bannon thinking Roy Moore has more honor and integrity than Romney is quite the stretch:

 

post #39707 of 40441

The sooner Bannon fucks off to whatever hellpit he spawned from the better. Come on, Mueller. You have to have something on this prick. 

post #39708 of 40441

Imagine living a life filled with so many poor decisions that you end up thinking Steve Bannon is a smart person. Woof.

post #39709 of 40441
Really interesting interview with an ex-GWB foreign policy adviser on NPR this morning - of Trump wanted to do something with this that could actually be semi-constructive, he could announce we're moving the embassy to West Jerusalem, and ready to place our embassy to the future Palestinian State to East Jerusalem as well.

Of course there's no way he'll do that, but it's a potential way to modify but not reverse this for the future.

Assuming we're not at war, of course.
post #39710 of 40441

Various Democratic senators are now calling on Al Franken to resign.

post #39711 of 40441

Dem: That'll show em! Our guy gets accused with mounting evidence and he steps down! Ha! Take that, Republicans!

Reps: :: Roy Moore wins in a landslide ::

 

Now, snark aside, it's presumably a right call, this is getting out of hand with Franken. It's just...why the fuck are we the side of standards? 

post #39712 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Happenin View Post

It's just...why the fuck are we the side of standards?
Because standards aren't about sides. They're about the right thing to do.
post #39713 of 40441

Ugh. You're so poignant.

 

: )

post #39714 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Happenin View Post
 

Dem: That'll show em! Our guy gets accused with mounting evidence and he steps down! Ha! Take that, Republicans!

Reps: :: Roy Moore wins in a landslide ::

 

Now, snark aside, it's presumably a right call, this is getting out of hand with Franken. It's just...why the fuck are we the side of standards? 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post


Because standards aren't about sides. They're about the right thing to do.

 

Sadly the takeaway from Conyers and Franken is less likely to be "Boy, those Democrats sure do hold their politicians accountable for their misdeeds" so much as "Boy, those Democrats are as big a bunch of pervs as anyone, amirite?  Told you both sides were exactly the same!"

post #39715 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
 

You just know Mike Pence spent yesterday afternoon vigorously mast-err..."praying" because he was so excited about grateful for his little part in helping bring about the End Times.

 

"Masturpraying"... I LIKE IT. That's entering my vocabulary.

post #39716 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post

Sadly the takeaway from Conyers and Franken is less likely to be "Boy, those Democrats sure do hold their politicians accountable for their misdeeds" so much as "Boy, those Democrats are as big a bunch of pervs as anyone, amirite? Told you both sides were exactly the same!"
To play devil's advocate here, they were the party that carried water for Bill Clinton until literally just this fall.
post #39717 of 40441
I can't be alone in thinking that all these accusations against Franken still have a bit of a stench of Bannon/Cernovich/OKeefe style RW hitjob to it.
post #39718 of 40441
Latest Franken accuser is a Democrat who told other Democrats about the incident after it happened.
post #39719 of 40441
The Franken stuff seems mighty convenient considering his connection to the entertainment world while all the Hollywood stuff is happening.

I believe the accusers, but, something about it makes me question things.
post #39720 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post


To play devil's advocate here, they were the party that carried water for Bill Clinton until literally just this fall.


I don't think that's devil's advocate, really.  Just plain fact.  And yeah, a good part of why the Dems are in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation here.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRan View Post

I can't be alone in thinking that all these accusations against Franken still have a bit of a stench of Bannon/Cernovich/OKeefe style RW hitjob to it.

 

Maybe not alone, but it's reached the point of "too many credible accusers" to dismiss.  Maybe it's a hitjob, but that becomes kind of irrelevant if the allegations are true.  Or put another way, not really an O'Keefe style job...those are built on bullshit.  This one, if it's a hitjob, appears built on truthfully inappropriate behavior.

post #39721 of 40441
Franken’s done. 4 Democrat Senators calling for him to resign is hard to ignore.

Not that having the moral high ground here is worth a goddamned thing, but still. Right thing to do.
post #39722 of 40441
10 now.
post #39723 of 40441
Give him Morning Joe’s job in a couple years. Or Bill Maher.
post #39724 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos Orange View Post

Latest Franken accuser is a Democrat who told other Democrats about the incident after it happened.

Dems can't lie?

I'm all for believing but my skeptical nature demands proof and having people...anonymous people...make extremely serious accusations without proof to back it up is putting us on a path that is dangerous.

For example-
Woman Linked to 1955 Emmett Till Murder Tells Historian Her Claims Were False
post #39725 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos Orange View Post

Give him Morning Joe’s job in a couple years. Or Bill Maher.

 

Or the Presidency.

post #39726 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRan View Post

I'm all for believing but my skeptical nature demands proof and having people...anonymous people...make extremely serious accusations without proof to back it up is putting us on a path that is dangerous.
So...how do you stand on the allegations against Roy Moore?
post #39727 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRan View Post


Dems can't lie?

I'm all for believing but my skeptical nature demands proof and having people...anonymous people...make extremely serious accusations without proof to back it up is putting us on a path that is dangerous.

For example-
Woman Linked to 1955 Emmett Till Murder Tells Historian Her Claims Were False


Except we've had at least two non-anonymous (putting their faces and names out there) accusers with proof in the case of Franken.

post #39728 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
 

Except we've had at least two non-anonymous (putting their faces and names out there) accusers with proof in the case of Franken.

Hey I'm sure VTRan is just doing due diligence and isn't in the tank for his preferred party. Just look at how VTRan demanded that we wait until we know the full story before accusing Roy Moore of anything. I think it's a few pages back. I might be misremembering.

post #39729 of 40441
I woke up, saw all the Time talk, and thought this was the Hollywood Skeeve thread.

The Franken talk convinced me otherwise.
post #39730 of 40441
As I mentioned once before, I sorta know one of the Franken accusers. Grabbed her ass during a photo pose. She talked about it online during #MeToo but before the whole USO photo scandal hit. It happened, she came forward after lots of thought, but she kept her name out of it because people are nuts.
post #39731 of 40441
post #39732 of 40441

Wait...hasn't there been at least two non-anonymous accusers with evidence and community testimony against Moore as well? If we're going to apply a standard then let's apply a standard!

post #39733 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejoiner View Post
 

Wait...hasn't there been at least two non-anonymous accusers with evidence and community testimony and evidence against Moore as well? If we're going to apply a standard then let's apply a standard!


Uh...yes?  I don't recall implying that I didn't think the Moore allegations were credible/true.

post #39734 of 40441
I keep forgetting how much Rosenstein looks like Austin Pendleton in Short Circuit.
post #39735 of 40441
If Franken steps down, Moore steps down too. If Moore steps down, Franken steps down too.

The Dems are broken and have major flaws, but at least they don’t have a guy who cosplays as Don Cheadle’s character in Boogie Nights making an issue out of witch hunts and denying this shit ever happened.
post #39736 of 40441

Sorry, missed that point. My bad!

post #39737 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

So...how do you stand on the allegations against Roy Moore?

For the most part, yes, all theses accusations are based almost solely on someone's words against another person.
In the case of Roy Moore, I think it's as simple as looking to his character which, given his religious holier than though xtian attitude, is based on lies and hypocrisy at the very least.
Just as looking at guys like Weinstein and Toback, et al I could tell you right away that these guys were scum. Franken, IMO doesn't give off that kind of vibe.
But hell, I could be mistaken.
post #39738 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRan View Post


For the most part, yes, all theses accusations are based almost solely on someone's words against another person.
In the case of Roy Moore, I think it's as simple as looking to his character which, given his religious holier than though xtian attitude, is based on lies and hypocrisy at the very least.
Just as looking at guys like Weinstein and Toback, et al I could tell you right away that these guys were scum. Franken, IMO doesn't give off that kind of vibe.
But hell, I could me mistaken.


OK...how about America's Favorite Dad Dr. Cliff Huxtable Bill Cosby?

post #39739 of 40441
So you require proof unless you think it's likely based on your assessment of the character of the person, but if you think it's unlikely based on your assessment of the character of the person, proof is not enough?
post #39740 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

So you require proof unless you think it's likely based on your assessment of the character of the person, but if you think it's unlikely based on your assessment of the character of the person, proof is not enough?


Disregarding, of course, that none of us are likely personally acquainted with any of these folks (with one noted exception above), so really knowing their "character" once all recording devices are turned off is impossible.

 

 

post #39741 of 40441
But of course.
post #39742 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post


OK...how about America's Favorite Dad Dr. Cliff Huxtable Bill Cosby?

To me, in the interviews I've seen, Cosby most definitely gave off a...bad vibe.
There was some management at a previous employer who, upon meeting for the first time, I could tell right away they were lecherous assholes and hearing them speak while out drinking, it was confirmed.
post #39743 of 40441

He's breathing pretty hard up at the podium.  Have some more KFC buddy!

post #39744 of 40441

If Franken did these things (and he's admitted to at least one of them), then he should step down. I've seen a lot of talk from "the left" that's actually saying he shouldn't leave public life. He shouldn't be a Senator per se, but he has a real opportunity to be a public advocate for men who did these things - particularly since his behavior, while inappropriate, was far from what others have been accused of. It puts another seat into play, sure, but we have an entire year to fight for that seat and the Governor's a Democrat. And if he didn't do these things and resigns, only to have it come out six months from now that this was a Cernovich hit job, it makes the Republicans look bad for weaponizing sexual assault and lying about it. 

post #39745 of 40441
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Daniels View Post
 

If Franken did these things (and he's admitted to at least one of them), then he should step down. I've seen a lot of talk from "the left" that's actually saying he shouldn't leave public life. He shouldn't be a Senator per se, but he has a real opportunity to be a public advocate for men who did these things - particularly since his behavior, while inappropriate, was far from what others have been accused of. It puts another seat into play, sure, but we have an entire year to fight for that seat and the Governor's a Democrat. And if he didn't do these things and resigns, only to have it come out six months from now that this was a Cernovich hit job, it makes the Republicans look bad for weaponizing sexual assault and lying about it. 

 

Franken just published a book and has said in interviews that being a Senator is the best job in the world. It'll take a call from Nancy Pelosi and other top Dems for him to surrender his seat. 

post #39746 of 40441

Did you see that list of Senators who said he should resign? Those are top Democrats. 

Anyway: 

post #39747 of 40441
Thread Starter 
post #39748 of 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterTarantino View Post

If Franken steps down, Moore steps down too. 

 

Moore wouldn't step down if Jesus himself told him to. He'd just call him a "foreign Jew instigator" and double down.

post #39749 of 40441
"Look at how hollow and insincere the Republicans for backing Moore just to hold on to a Senate seat," we all said, yesterday. Of course Franken has to go. It's insulting that this would even be a debate.
post #39750 of 40441
I mean, the hell of it is, this is Minnesota, a.k.a. Literally The Only State That Didn't Vote For Reagan. It's not like the Dems are even remotely in danger of losing his seat if he steps down.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Political Discourse
CHUD.com Community › Forums › POLITICS & RELIGION › Political Discourse › Trumpocalypse Now