CHUD.com Community › Forums › POLITICS & RELIGION › Political Discourse › Trumpocalypse Now
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trumpocalypse Now - Page 800

post #39951 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRan View Post
 

Well, this is an interesting Twitter thread...

 

https://twitter.com/wendbrok/status/938601786318843904

 

God sees everything

 

post #39952 of 40515

You mean Mick Foley?

post #39953 of 40515

Foley is God

post #39954 of 40515
WendellEverett FTW with the Airheads reference.
post #39955 of 40515

It's continually interesting to me that a persecution complex is THE defining characteristic of the American right. No level of electoral success can satisfy their siege mentality. You can control the whole fucking government and still, dark forces are conspiring to ruin white Christian people. The solipsism is unending.

post #39956 of 40515
post #39957 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leto II View Post
 

The reason Trump sits in the White House right now is because Millennials convinced themselves their votes didn't matter.

 

So, it was their fault after all?  Got it.

 

Honestly, though, we need to drop the whole "Millennials would have", "baby boomers did x".  It's just pointing fingers to assign blame to someone else, and, simply, a sweeping generalization.  Millennials should stop talking about "their generation" as if they are a single hive mind, righteous and pure.  There are good and bad people of all ages.  Millennials are not all better, and older people are not all worse. 

 

The next generation (Z?) is going to think Millennials are bunch of idiots too, and the generation after that will think Generation Z sucks as well, and on and on into infinity.  This is nothing new and gets us nowhere.

post #39958 of 40515

Look, yeah, Millennials stayed home, but 62 million people also either agreed with or didn't care enough about Immortan Don's views.  Let's not dump this all in the laps of those who didn't vote at all; somebody still had to give the Orang-harangue enough votes to get elected.

post #39959 of 40515
Looks like Don Jr. perjured himself. Sad!
post #39960 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Dickson View Post
 

Look, yeah, Millennials stayed home, but 62 million people also either agreed with or didn't care enough about Immortan Don's views.  Let's not dump this all in the laps of those who didn't vote at all; somebody still had to give the Orang-harangue enough votes to get elected.

Yeah, the apathy didn't help, but there are tens of millions of people who wanted this outcome.

post #39961 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post

Looks like Don Jr. perjured himself. Sad!
Wait, what? Link please, I could use a good hearty cackle.
post #39962 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post

Looks like Don Jr. perjured himself. Sad!

I expected him to. Why shouldn't he? He won't be punished.

post #39963 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangy View Post
 

I expected him to. Why shouldn't he? He won't be punished.


Yeah, when it's clear the party that has the power to do anything about it in this particular instance adamantly refused to call him out on his "attorney client privilege" bullshit...

post #39964 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
 

He said, completely missing the point again.

 

Arguing or operating "in good faith" is not religious terminology.  It means, per Websters, "honesty or lawfulness of purpose".   What the purpose is does not affect whether you are operating in good or bad faith.  It only measures whether your stated intentions are genuine.  

 

This whole thing is like if you said I read the NYT religiously, and I kept insisting you were wrong because I don't bring the paper to church.

 

I get your point, still....and at the risk of dragging this out. : -)

 

 

'Bona fides' means 'good faith' in latin.

 

Bona - good

Fides - was the goddess of trust and bona fides (good faith) in Roman paganism. She was one of the original virtues to be considered an actual religious "divinity".

 

The only problem with reading the NYT 'religiously' is if you assume they are infallible.

post #39965 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Fett View Post

Looks like Don Jr. perjured himself. Sad!

 

Plot-twist: Mueller must resign over this.

post #39966 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRan View Post
 

 

I get your point, still....and at the risk of dragging this out. : -)

 

 

'Bona fides' means 'good faith' in latin.

 

Bona - good

Fides - was the goddess of trust and bona fides (good faith) in Roman paganism. She was one of the original virtues to be considered an actual religious "divinity".

 

The only problem with reading the NYT 'religiously' is if you assume they are infallible.

 

You mean it's not just a Popeye's chicken slogan?

 

Jake Tapper is teasing a news release on the Russia investigation at 4:00 Eastern.

post #39967 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBananaGrabber View Post
 

Jake Tapper is teasing a news release on the Russia investigation at 4:00 Eastern.

 

Tomorrow?  Because it's almost 5pm Eastern right now.

post #39968 of 40515

Here is a quick thing from Howard Stern, Trump's former buddy, who I think has been light on him at times, talking about Roy Moore. He says it absolutely fucking perfectly:

 

post #39969 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post

Tomorrow?  Because it's almost 5pm Eastern right now.

Time is a flat circle?
post #39970 of 40515
post #39971 of 40515

That Stern caller deserves to be dropped in a volcano.

 

Meanwhile, the head of coal-mining concern Murray Energy says the GOP tax bill will wipe out coal jobs - http://thehill.com/news-by-subject/energy-environment/363496-coal-ceo-gop-tax-bill-wipes-us-out-destroys-thousands-of

 

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

post #39972 of 40515

MUELLER: I want you to know, I'm gunna call you in front of the Grand jury, and you lie to the Grand jury as you been lying to me? I'm going to charge you with perjury.

 

post #39973 of 40515

This is worth cross posting w/props to Mangy....

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangy View Post
 

Roll Call reports Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) expected to resign amid "rumors of inappropriate behavior" - http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/arizonas-trent-franks-expected-resign 

 

It's a resign-off!

 

http://www.chud.com/community/t/145661/the-republican-party-going-forward-v-2-0/3750#post_4422084

post #39974 of 40515

I think I'm catching on now: it's all the representatives with "Frank" in their name. Barney must be glad he got out when he did.

post #39975 of 40515

Trent Franks ran unopposed last year.  

post #39976 of 40515

Donald Trump will have 300 tweets about this:

 

https://twitter.com/Lavarbigballer/status/938892276863877121

post #39977 of 40515

Around 60,000 Hatians have to go back to Haiti because Trump told them the country is safe to go back to.  Meanwhile, here's what American citizens are being told:

 

https://twitter.com/robferdman/status/938889092963749888

 

post #39978 of 40515
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/363851-trent-franks-to-resign-from-congres

The best part?
Quote:
"Several fellow conservatives sat with Franks, bent their heads and prayed."

Fuck these guys forever.
post #39979 of 40515

"Several fellow conservatives sat with Franks, bent their heads and prayed."

 

"Dear God, please don't let anymore Republicans get caught."

post #39980 of 40515

WaPo editorial cartoon today:

 

 

I especially like the cutoff depiction of John Kelly, echoing the elbow on the actual Time magazine cover.

post #39981 of 40515
"Heavenly father, we know you're pretty useless when it comes to preventing mass shootings, but can you see that the Congressman lands at a lobbying firm?"
post #39982 of 40515
"Lord, it was just a little sexual immorality and abuse of power! Probably! Maybe! YOU DON'T KNOW!!!"
post #39983 of 40515
"Dear Lord, back us up here.... now, Mary was, like, 12 right...?"
post #39984 of 40515

Those WaPo caricatures are fantastic.  But then why throw in the photo of Huckabee Sanders at the front there?

post #39985 of 40515

Because she's the tip of the spear, the one we see most often. She's a grotesque piece of furniture made to mask Trump's innumerable negative qualities.

 

edit: oh

post #39986 of 40515

post #39987 of 40515

I guess they pulled the punches when it came to effectively rendering her walleye stare.

 

 

"It is my right as an entertainer!"

Is what one of the most recent Franken accusers claims he said after he tried to force a kiss on her.

 

I know, believe women, and all that. Maybe he was riffing on the prima nocta guy from Braveheart. 

post #39988 of 40515

The House is rejecting the health care deal the Senate made with Susan Collins regarding the tax bill:

 

https://twitter.com/jenhab/status/938897278022176768

 

Not that anyone is surprised, of course.

post #39989 of 40515

...Welp, thanks a million, there, Susan.

post #39990 of 40515

Republicans don't negotiate in good faith even amongst themselves.

 

How/why Collins couldn't see that is beyond me.

post #39991 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
 

I guess they pulled the punches when it came to effectively rendering her walleye stare.

 

post #39992 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos Orange View Post

Republicans don't negotiate in good faith even amongst themselves.

How/why Collins couldn't see that is beyond me.

Doesn't that guarantee her as a "no" when it comes back to the senate? How many more can they lose and still pass the thing?
post #39993 of 40515
I mean, if they couldn't be assed to come up with a coherent plan at any point before this, there's no reason for them to stop sawing tree limbs out from under themselves Wile E. Coyote-style now, is there?
post #39994 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Olmos View Post


Doesn't that guarantee her as a "no" when it comes back to the senate? How many more can they lose and still pass the thing?

 

We should really just be able to bookmark posts:

 

The makeup of the Senate is 48 Democrats/Independents, and 52 Republicans. 

 

In order to pass this shit Mitch is trying to pull, you need a simple majority - 51 or more. 

 

Pence, as boss of the Senate, breaks ties. So anything 50-50 is a loss. 

 

You need three Republicans voting no on any legislation through these weird procedural rules to kill it.

 

As for this bill:

 

Right now, Corker is a solid no based on the Senate bill. This probably, but not for certain, guarantees Collins is done, too, if this goes back to the Senate.

 

That means that it's now at 50-50. They can't lose another. 

post #39995 of 40515
Fingers crossed that McCain remembers to pull his conscience out of storage again.
post #39996 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Daniels View Post

We should really just be able to bookmark posts:

The makeup of the Senate is 48 Democrats/Independents, and 52 Republicans. 

In order to pass this shit Mitch is trying to pull, you need a simple majority - 51 or more. 

Pence, as boss of the Senate, breaks ties. So anything 50-50 is a loss. 

You need three Republicans voting no on any legislation through these weird procedural rules to kill it.

As for this bill:

Right now, Corker is a solid no based on the Senate bill. This probably, but not for certain, guarantees Collins is done, too, if this goes back to the Senate.

That means that it's now at 50-50. They can't lose another. 

Sounds like it's time for a MAVERICK!!!!!!! Common you crazy old bastard, let's blow this thing and go home.

Edit: commodore beat me to it!
post #39997 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post

Fingers crossed that McCain remembers to pull his conscience out of storage again.

 

I mean, you've got McCain AND Flake. There was only one guy on health care who didn't give a fuck. Now we have three! 

post #39998 of 40515
Fingers crossed that Flake remembers to pull his balls out of storage again.
post #39999 of 40515

So why is it we trust a Senator with terminal brain cancer with making lucid, sensible policy decisions? I have some issues with that.

post #40000 of 40515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos Orange View Post

So why is it we trust a Senator with terminal brain cancer with making lucid, sensible policy decisions? I have some issues with that.

Not all brain tumors are created equal. If there's no mass effect, it doesn't involve the frontal lobes, and his family hasn't noted any changes in his behavior or temperament, then there'd be no medical reason to assume his competency has been affected.

I am curious what the mechanism would be if McCain's physician had concerns over his competency, however. Or, say, if the WH physician had a concern about the President's....

Because for the average joe it's not an easy process. I doubt it's any easier for these guys.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Political Discourse
CHUD.com Community › Forums › POLITICS & RELIGION › Political Discourse › Trumpocalypse Now