CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Focused Film Discussion › ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY - An Actual Post-Release Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY - An Actual Post-Release Thread

post #1 of 4986
Thread Starter 

It's not bad!

 

This thread will shield the eyes of all the innocents out there.

post #2 of 4986
Do they all die?
post #3 of 4986
Where is it placed in the series of films as far as now much you enjoyed it? Better than TFA?
post #4 of 4986
Is Felicity Jones really Rey's mom?
post #5 of 4986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

Do they all die?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I can confirm Vader and Tarkin make it out alive.  So does Gold Leader.  The rest?  Well...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

Where is it placed in the series of films as far as now much you enjoyed it? Better than TFA?

 

My first impression is that I liked TFA more, but I'll admit I'm liking Rogue One more as I think about it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

Is Felicity Jones really Rey's mom?

 

Yes, Felicity Jones is Daisy Ridley's mom.  I saw it on an episode of Jerry Springer.

 

I will also say that this scene...

 

 

...takes place on a planet from the prequels.

post #6 of 4986
Is Vader awesome as FUCK or noooo?
post #7 of 4986
How was the popcorn? Did they butter it all the way to the bottom of the bucket, or just give the top layer a lick and a promise and leave you with dry popcorn at the bottom?
post #8 of 4986
Are you an angel?
post #9 of 4986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

Is Vader awesome as FUCK or noooo?
I picture Ben Mendelson having the exact same death in this as in TDKR. Probably same lines too.

That's not a spoiler. I have no idea what happens..
post #10 of 4986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post

Is Vader awesome as FUCK or noooo?

 

Vader gets the kind of scene you've been picturing in your head for 30 years.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasor View Post

How was the popcorn? Did they butter it all the way to the bottom of the bucket, or just give the top layer a lick and a promise and leave you with dry popcorn at the bottom?

 

Disney didn't provide popcorn or drinks.  I'm very upset.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

Are you an angel?

 

Let's just say the deep space pilots talk about me all the time.

post #11 of 4986
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Shape View Post

Vader gets the kind of scene you've been picturing in your head for 30 years.
He gets to fight Batman?? :O
post #12 of 4986
Ten posts in and Fraid has already won the thread.
post #13 of 4986
Finally, we'll see Vader take a dump.
post #14 of 4986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraid uh noman View Post


He gets to fight Batman?? :O

 

And it's really weird because Vader is more heroic than Superman is.

post #15 of 4986
I also am curious to know what's up with Forest Whitaker's StarFox feet.

post #16 of 4986
He's actually Darth Maul.
post #17 of 4986
Well you'd think if they could fix all that that they could also prop that one eye up so it's not about to slide off of his skull..
post #18 of 4986
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Shape View Post


I will also say that this scene...




...takes place on a planet from the prequels.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Mustafar?

Do we finally get to see Vader's castle?
post #19 of 4986
Oota Gunga?
post #20 of 4986

Do the prequel elements not make you want to kill everyone in the entire world?

post #21 of 4986
Kamino

Snoke is a clone

ETA: OK you guys it's kinda freaking me out how the thread stopped after I said that!
post #22 of 4986
Coruscan't?
post #23 of 4986

Naboooooooooooooo?

post #24 of 4986
Whew. Thank Crom..
post #25 of 4986
Serious question: Does the movie feel cohesive or is it obvious that they reshot 40% of it?
post #26 of 4986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentsands77 View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Mustafar?

Do we finally get to see Vader's castle?

 

We do!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

Serious question: Does the movie feel cohesive or does it definitely feel like they reshot 40% of it and tonally bounces all over the place?
 
It feels cohesive.  The most obviously reshot chunk would be the third act, but it feels tonally in line with the rest of the movie.
post #27 of 4986

Whhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaat.  I didn't know he had one of those!

post #28 of 4986
Okay, back to shenanigans.

Is Jar Jar actually Rey's father?
post #29 of 4986
If Jar Jar is in this y'all might as well say your goodbyes now because I'll be committing seppuku..
post #30 of 4986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

Okay, back to shenanigans.

Is Jar Jar actually Rey's father?

 

There's a major romantic subplot with Jar Jar and Jyn.  "Meesa never miss.  Yousa get pregnant bombad."

post #31 of 4986
Is Jar Jar actually Snoke?
post #32 of 4986
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Shape View Post
 

 

There's a major romantic subplot with Jar Jar and Jyn.  "Meesa never miss.  Yousa get pregnant bombad."

Do they show the sex scene in tasteless detail?

post #33 of 4986
There are people that believe that one.

Again...harakiri..
post #34 of 4986
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
 

Do they show the sex scene in tasteless detail?

 

To the point we follow sperm moving through Jyn's body, and when one hits the egg, we hear Rey's Theme.

post #35 of 4986
Great shot! That was one in a million!
post #36 of 4986
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Shape View Post

We do!
YESSSSS
post #37 of 4986
Are there any, like, legit references to TFA? Callforwards, if you will.
post #38 of 4986
Oh and please tell all about the Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Whills.

I wanna know what's up with that.
post #39 of 4986
Any news yet on what Dane Cook thought of Felicity Jones's line readings?
post #40 of 4986
Does Jones manage to pull out a coherent performance or is Jyn Erso basically the one-liners we got in the trailer?
post #41 of 4986
I just received an invitation to attend a press screening tomorrow night. I already had tickets for Thursday, so I hope this movie is awesome so the second screening isn't soul crushing.

EDIT
Wrong thread!
post #42 of 4986

If you want opinion and good jokes rather than bad ones, quote me in here and I'll try to be helpful.

post #43 of 4986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Nunziata View Post
 

If you want opinion and good jokes rather than bad ones, quote me in here and I'll try to be helpful.

 

Any easter eggs to look for that you recall?

post #44 of 4986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

 

Any easter eggs to look for that you recall?

 

They aren't exactly eggs but some cantina faves show up as do the droids, and the obvious other ones people now know about who almost ruin the film due to bad CG decisions.

post #45 of 4986
Can't believe Edwards has made some bad calls on the CGI... I can't the CGI isn't fucking cooking for that.
post #46 of 4986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnotaur3 View Post

Can't believe Edwards has made some bad calls on the CGI... I can't the CGI isn't fucking cooking for that.
Could be a rush-job thing with all the BTS upheaval.
post #47 of 4986

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Tarkin was created via CGI.  They should have gone the Mon Mothma route and cast someone who looks enough like the original actor that you can just roll with the change.  It's less jarring that way, in my opinion.

post #48 of 4986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Booth View Post
 

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Tarkin was created via CGI.  They should have gone the Mon Mothma route and cast someone who looks enough like the original actor that you can just roll with the change.  It's less jarring that way, in my opinion.

 

Absolutely. It pisses me off because they just recast Han Solo and Lando. There's a precedent with major characters now. Don't do goddamn CGI, and if you do, make it subtle. Not full-on dialogue scenes with real people in the frame.

post #49 of 4986
Ew. Who'd they get to voice him?
post #50 of 4986

No idea. Voice is fine. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Focused Film Discussion
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Focused Film Discussion › ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY - An Actual Post-Release Thread