CHUD.com Community › Forums › VIDEO GAMES & RPG › Video Games › Star Wars: Battlefront 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - Page 2

post #51 of 76
I’m having a ball. Much better balance and map design. Getting special class and characters isn’t hard if you go on a decent tear.
post #52 of 76

It's hard to describe, but the SHOOTING itself feels SO much better.  More like Battlefield where the laser blasts actually travel like bullets(with much more speed) and have impact, ya know?  The older game felt...  I dunno slow?

post #53 of 76

Finished up the campaign last night, it was pretty damn good in my book. And I'm actually enjoying the Starfighter portion of multiplayer, and having fun leveling up my pilot simply by playing the game. DICE did a fine job on this game, controversy be damned.

post #54 of 76

Agreed. It's too bad they couldn't avoid the backlash because lots of people are missing out on an otherwise fun (rare) Star Wars game.

post #55 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post
 

Finished up the campaign last night, it was pretty damn good in my book. And I'm actually enjoying the Starfighter portion of multiplayer, and having fun leveling up my pilot simply by playing the game. DICE did a fine job on this game, controversy be damned.

 

Yeah, forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the backlash because people are upset that, heaven forbid, a game expects them to unlock something?

 

Back in my day (I'm 28) we had to fucking unlock everything! It gave us a bigger sense of reward and accomplishment! Secret levels in Crash Bandicoot; Merry, Pippin, and Faramir in ROTK for PS2; the Peru level in Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine; Darth Maul in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3. 

post #56 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexBanner View Post
 

 

Yeah, forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the backlash because people are upset that, heaven forbid, a game expects them to unlock something?

 

Back in my day (I'm 28) we had to fucking unlock everything! It gave us a bigger sense of reward and accomplishment! Secret levels in Crash Bandicoot; Merry, Pippin, and Faramir in ROTK for PS2; the Peru level in Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine; Darth Maul in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3. 

 

I'm not sure whether you're joking but you've slightly oversimplified what the original backlash was about. 

post #57 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
 

It's hard to describe, but the SHOOTING itself feels SO much better.  More like Battlefield where the laser blasts actually travel like bullets(with much more speed) and have impact, ya know?  

 

Agreed on this. It's much less PEW PEW PEW and much more OOOMPH OOOMPH OOOMPH.

post #58 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post
 

 

I'm not sure whether you're joking but you've slightly oversimplified what the original backlash was about. 

 

Haha - whoah. I did not know what was actually going on. That's extraordinarily cynical of EA. 

post #59 of 76

I'm not sure how accurate that is, though. I have all ships/heroes unlocked outside of Vader//Luke/Emperor/Han/Leia. The first 2 are 15k credits, the last 3 are 10k, and I could've already unlocked 2 had I not chosen to use them for loot crates instead. I played through the tutorial, story, and am around level 11 in MP, so unless I unlocked everything without looking first, most of it is already available.

post #60 of 76

Yeah, I hear there were a lot of changes due to the bad publicity, Some say you can earn them all within 24 hours now. 

post #61 of 76

I just wish EA would promise that P2W loot crates aren't coming back.  Without doing that, their "apology" sounds a lot like "sorry we got caught".  If they would just do that, I'd buy this fucking game already.  I had a blast playing Ghost Recon Phantoms on PC, but when you hit "tier 2" at level 10, that's where the P2W content kicks in - you could with just re-roll a new character every time you hit level 10, pay out the nose, or move on.  P2W kills games dead - it empties out servers of everybody but whales and whoever is trying out the game.  Low server cost plus high service fees = $$$$.  Then you have asshole economists on CNN talking about the "value" of P2W charges - if the game has P2W the game has no balance - if the game has no balance it has no value.  How's that for economics?

 

Really disappointed at EA honestly - the level progression on BF3 and BF4 was fine.  You had some very predictable unlocks strung out over 100 hours of gameplay, or you could pay to skip that for a set price.  But this whole nonsense of "maybe" you'll get something good is ponderous.  I bought BF3 for PS3 and PC and BF4 for 360, Ps4, and PC with all the maps and the air vehicle shortcuts.  That EA doesn't respect my business is baffling.

 

Smokey, messing with my money is like messing with my emotions.

post #62 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post
 

Yeah, I hear there were a lot of changes due to the bad publicity, Some say you can earn them all within 24 hours now. 

 

That's great news for people who can afford the game now.  I'll be keeping an eye on this until it gets down to $30 / $40 and see if they don't just switch back to P2W when no one is looking.

 

post #63 of 76

I laughed.

 

post #64 of 76
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendellEverett View Post
 

I just wish EA would promise that P2W loot crates aren't coming back.  Without doing that, their "apology" sounds a lot like "sorry we got caught".  If they would just do that, I'd buy this fucking game already.  

 

That's where I'm at as well.

 

What I played in the Beta was fucking great and a lot of fun. And just keeping the unlocks as player progression is fine by me. And yeah, it's great that the P2W bullshit is out but the problem is we can't fucking trust EA as far as we can throw them. And throwing that shit back in when the outrage has died is very likely to happen.

post #65 of 76

EA Loses $3 Billion in Stock Value after Battlefront 2 Debacle - GameRevolution

 

https://t.co/ExsvRlr4XQ

post #66 of 76

So all the loot crate nonsense aside, is this game worth picking up? I've been on the fence. 

post #67 of 76

I love it. I'm even playing the (starfighter) multiplayer. But I'm an easy lay when it comes to Star Wars.

post #68 of 76

It's honestly becoming one of my favorite gaming experiences of 2017.

post #69 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunH View Post
 

It's honestly becoming one of my favorite gaming experiences of 2017.

 

What's the status on your sense of pride and accomplishment? 

post #70 of 76

After this past year? Low.

post #71 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunH View Post
 

After this past year? Low.

post #72 of 76

That Dunkey review seems like a hit piece.  An entertaining one, though.   

 

;)


Edited by Overlord - 11/29/17 at 3:00pm
post #73 of 76

That's just a few posts up, Overlord.

 

It's also a fairly shitty hit piece. 

post #74 of 76

The starfighter mode plays so much better with my 360 Windows controller. 

post #75 of 76

I've had so many visually stunning moments in the Starfighter mode. Almost worth the price of admission alone. It's really a shame how EA borked this entire affair.

post #76 of 76
So, rumours say this BF debacle caused EA stocks to fall 8.5 points, got Disney riled up and might cost them some serious money.
And their latest excuse? They didn’t want a pink Darth Vader.

http://www.pcgamer.com/electronic-arts-stock-sheds-3-billion-in-value-after-battlefront-2/

The only good thing in this debacle is that video game companies will probably treat monetizing games more carefully.
Hell, Injustice 2 is a pretty damn good example of how to correctly monetize a game and make a season pass worth the money (9 characters so far and counting)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games
CHUD.com Community › Forums › VIDEO GAMES & RPG › Video Games › Star Wars: Battlefront 2