CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Focused Film Discussion › AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - Pre Release Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - Pre Release Thread - Page 22

post #1051 of 1115
This is not the final Avengers movie. Infinity War 2/ Avengers 4 is slated for next year. They're currently filming it.
post #1052 of 1115

Could have sworn they condensed the two Infinity War movies into one. Am I wrong?

post #1053 of 1115

There's been a theory for a while that while Avengers 4 is no longer Infinity War 2, it'll still be a direct continuation. Marvel is keeping the title of the movie a secret because it's a spoiler, meaning it probably is taken from a comic book storyline that could point in what direction things are going. 

post #1054 of 1115

With the sheer amount of characters involved, unless Infinity War is LOTR EE lengthy, the story's going to spill over into the next Avengers film in 2019.

post #1055 of 1115

The Bart theory I've been shaking out for a while is Ant-Man and the Wasp takes place immediately after Civil War and within a Quantum Realm in which time is slower, and Captain Marvel is set in the '90s. So Infinity War can end on a cliffhanger and Avengers 4 can pick up where it left off. 

 

A subcategory of the Bart theory is that Captain Marvel introduces the Skrulls because Avengers 4 is titled Secret Invasion, and will be a loose adaptation of that but including Thanos. 

post #1056 of 1115
Not Civil War II or Secret Empire? Everybody loves those.
post #1057 of 1115

No no no. 

 

I get the impression the MCU filmmakers have been cribbing mostly from 21st century storylines, probably because that's when trade paperbacks became more common and therefore stories started being written for trade. Concurrently Ultimate Marvel seemed designed to make the characters more palatable for modern audiences, streamlining and grounding everything in naturalism. 

 

And consequently most of the stories so far have been based on a very specific time period, from around 10 to 15 years ago. Extremis, Winter Soldier, Civil War, Ragnarok, the modern incarnation of the Guardians. And right around that time a decade ago was the Annihilation story that saw the Skrull home planet destroyed, and then Secret Invasion when they try to conquer Earth.

 

Thanos was involved in the former's plot, so I feel pretty confident this is the direction the MCU is headed. Loosely adapted, of course. 

post #1058 of 1115

THE AVENGERS: RISE OF SQUIRREL GIRL

 

A Squirrel Girl fan can dream, right? 

post #1059 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby_Scriven View Post
 

A subcategory of the Bart theory is that Captain Marvel introduces the Skrulls because Avengers 4 is titled Secret Invasion, and will be a loose adaptation of that but including Thanos. 

I don't think you're wrong (this has been my pet theory since they announced that AVENGERS 4 was no longer INFINITY WAR PART 2), but I hope you are.  Secret Invasion feels like too much of a departure to throw in right at the conclusion of this first era of the MCU; I think it could also be anticlimactic if Thanos isn't the primary driver the drama in both of the next two AVENGERS movies.  After six years of buildup, I don't think one movie is enough to pay that off, yet to shove him into a Secret Invasion-inspired storyline could make an already complicated story even more messy.

post #1060 of 1115
I tried rolling my eyes at this, but remembered part of the fun of (many) comics is how fun their silliness can be. Especially when done right, which this has a great shot at being.

Could 'Avengers 4' Involve a Time Travel Plot? bit.ly/2DnarqD
post #1061 of 1115

Does anyone know if Black Panther is supposed to take place before, or after, the title character's appearance in Civil War?

 

I would think it must be after.

post #1062 of 1115
I would assume after.

Since he's the king now.

Because his father, the king, died in Civil War.
post #1063 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post

I would assume after.

Since he's the king now.

Because his father, the king, died in Civil War.

 

He's going to be a mighty king, so enemies beware!

post #1064 of 1115
I hope they don't bring time travel into the series.

Time travel stories are silly.
post #1065 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmurdoch View Post

I hope they don't bring time travel into the series.

Time travel stories are silly.

 

 

No time travel.  Please.  

post #1066 of 1115
They're still gonna have to deal with time anyway right? Because of the time stone?
post #1067 of 1115

We already had time travel.

 

Doctor Strange. 

post #1068 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post

They're still gonna have to deal with time anyway right? Because of the time stone?

post #1069 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post

They're still gonna have to deal with time anyway right? Because of the time stone?

 

 

Ugh, they probably will.  

post #1070 of 1115
A time travel story was always going to happen because of Kang.
post #1071 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Daniels View Post
 

We already had time travel.

 

Doctor Strange. 

I know.  And the stone from that movie is one of the forever-rocks

 

so when I say, "they're gonna have to deal with it," I mean to say that the movie is going to have to address it in some way BECAUSE we've seen what it can do in MISTER DOCTOR.

post #1072 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post

 

... what it can do in MISTER DOCTOR.

 

Is that ... Strange?

post #1073 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord View Post
 

 

Is that ... Strange?

well... who am I to judge?

post #1074 of 1115
Dredd?

I'm all kinds of down for time travel shananigans.
post #1075 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turingmachine75 View Post

Dredd?

 

post #1076 of 1115
I normally don’t care for time traveling, but there’s some wacky possibilities here.
post #1077 of 1115

Instead of merely using the time gem for usual time travel shenanigans, I hope they do use it for more fresh possibilities.  STRANGE did it right by having it used to do that thing some DVD/bluray players have on their remote:

 

A-B REPEAT!!!!

 

HAHAHAH, I would love it if the time gem went berzerk and had the Avengers going through that Futurama episode with the time-skips!

post #1078 of 1115
Strange's time trick was so flippin cool.
post #1079 of 1115
Time? TIME!? Time for

post #1080 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlaser View Post

A time travel story was always going to happen because of Kang.

I've wondered which studio had the rights to Kang. He's almost always an Avengers antagonist, but he's a distant descendant of Reed Richards. I don't suppose that matters, now.
post #1081 of 1115

No more fucking time travel stories. Ever. In any franchise.

post #1082 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnooj82 View Post
 

I know.  And the stone from that movie is one of the forever-rocks

Thank you for forever rocks.

post #1083 of 1115

all-the-time pebbles!

post #1084 of 1115

 My idea for a Black Widow movie was for her to go back in team and team up with Peggy Carter. They would fight Roxxon. Yes I know its a silly idea. Then again if Ray Wise plays the villain, maybe it isn't so silly.

post #1085 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
 

No more fucking time travel stories. Ever. In any franchise.

 

That could be problematic for Doctor Who.

post #1086 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
 

 

That could be problematic for Doctor Who.

 

Not if she's trapped on Earth!

post #1087 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon Baby View Post
 

 

Not if she's trapped on Earth!

 

Been there, done that.

post #1088 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon Baby View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post

 

That could be problematic for Doctor Who.

Not if you don't watch that show.

FIFY
post #1089 of 1115

Not everything's about you Michael "I haven't seen Clockwork Orange" M.

post #1090 of 1115

If I could time travel, I'd find the moment in MichaelM's life when he was still open to gangster movies, and give him a copy of Goodfellas. And, having righted this wrong, I would continue leaping in time, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that my next leap... would be the leap home.

post #1091 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post
 

If I could time travel, I'd find the moment in MichaelM's life when he was still open to gangster movies, and give him a copy of Goodfellas. And, having righted this wrong, I would continue leaping in time, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that my next leap... would be the leap home.

 

Errrr ... you know how that show ended, don't you?

 

Isn't this more your style anyway?

 

post #1092 of 1115

Okay, okay, I'll leap back to 1993 and fix the ending of that show too.

 

Off topic: By the way, do you still hang out on AV Club, Shan? Have only been there once since the site changes. It's not the same place we knew and loved anymore. :(

post #1093 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxon View Post
 

Okay, okay, I'll leap back to 1993 and fix the ending of that show too.

 

Off topic: By the way, do you still hang out on AV Club, Shan? Have only been there once since the site changes. It's not the same place we knew and loved anymore. :(

 

I'll read it but fuck Kinja with a rusty backhoe. The comment section I knew and loved has totally gone to shit too ... but enough about here.

 

I kid, I kid.

 

Or am I?

post #1094 of 1115

Ohohohoho!

post #1095 of 1115
post #1096 of 1115
Holy shit.
post #1097 of 1115

Please directors, I beg you, do not have a scene where the good guys line up and face the bad guys who are lined up and then they charge at each other while a bunch of faceless CGI hordes swarm around them.  

post #1098 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord View Post
 

Please directors, I beg you, do not have a scene where the good guys line up and face the bad guys who are lined up and then they charge at each other while a bunch of faceless CGI hordes swarm around them.  

Yeah, there's no way that's happening less than, like, five times in this movie.

post #1099 of 1115
yeah I'm not looking forward to the idea of that many key characters rushing at each other in a big CG mess just because
post #1100 of 1115

So we got the 12 heroes from Civil War, Hulk, Thor, Doctor Strange, and the six Guardians, so that's...21. Include side characters like Loki, Wong, Sharon Carter and T'Challa's sister Shuri, and who else we got?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Focused Film Discussion
CHUD.com Community › Forums › THE MAIN SEWER › Focused Film Discussion › AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - Pre Release Thread